Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Souku's Project 365: Pokémon 2

i always forget about the exploud pokemon. he looks totally ancient and majorly intimidating.
    never used one in a party but he looks awesome there.
    Follow lillipup for more pokemon art.

join this written rpg with me journey to delta region. looks fun!
    new fc 4728 5304 1250
    I'm a girl

Seel - I like the colors and the scene and how you made him look somewhat better too.
    Combusken - 'Bout time you finished this line considering the fact that you did the other two last year. I really like the pose, especially the Blaze kick (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) attack's effect.
    Dragonair - It's pretty good! I like it, really. It looks quite elegant swimming like that and the scene and all.
    Musharna - It's very good, especially the mist that it's making. I don't really like using it in the game though.
    Exploud - Also something I kinda don't want on my team. But here, it looks fierce and really good. I really like the details done here. In fact, I find it good that you added quite some details to this guy (even if it was quite late) so definitely a great job on this one.

With the announcement of the 6th gen though, one wonders if you might be doing those new Pokes in the future. On a personal note, it's gonna be my last gen though because I'm kinda planning to leave Pokemon soon...

Thanks for the comments, guys! Day 09 is a fat, stinky Garbodor.

rosierjay, I've never used him on a proper team either, but I've used him a couple times in the HGSS Battle Factory and he's relatively decent. Not the best, but not the absolute worst either.

nathandg0924, thanks for the comments! I'm glad you like the latest pics. I actually haven't finished Torchic's line yet, there's Blaziken yet to go. He'll be popping up sometime this year I am sure! With the 6th gen coming, I'll most likely be tacking those pokémon onto the end of my current list, which probably means going into a third year of Pokémon 365 project drawing. We'll see. Also, I'm sad to hear that you're leaving Pokémon soon! Do you think in the future you'll come back to it, perhaps?

Day 09 - Garbodor
    9th January 2013

You know what. I really like Garbodor's official art and battle sprite. I find it really adorable how it gnashes its cute little mouth! My friends think I'm ridiculous liking it but they just don't see the adorableness that is the Garbodor.

I would have a pet garbodor. This is assuming that I can make it smell forever like roses or peach. That said, if it looked anything like how I drew it, I don't think I'd want it anywhere near me, haha.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:
    365 Project 2012 | 365 Project 2013

Exploud looks amazing. Honeslty, I'm not a fan of garbador since the sight of lots of garbage makes me feel sick, but it's a good drawing nonetheless.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

You know what would be a challenge? Draw the Gen VI starters. I think you could make them look better than they already do like you do with all the pokemon, though :P

Spoiler:- FC:

30 BP ( I need more..)

Thanks, guys! General Nonsense, I'm not too fond of the sight of garbage myself so I like to pretend that Garbodor's body is mostly carpet fluff. It doesn't usually work out, haha. Glad you like the Exploud.

meismadatyou, once the new games are released, I'll be adding the new mons to my current list. Until then, I'm trying to avoid any and all spoilers for the games (including starter and trainer pics, general info, etc etc) ... I'll admit, being on a Pokémon forum, it's going to be hard. |D

Day 10 - Krookodile
    10th January 2013

I wanted to draw Ash's krookodile because that thing wears sunglasses. Unfortunately I could not seem to get it looking cool enough, so here's a generic Krook. Also, Sandile's line is now complete.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

Krookodile is one of my favorite 5th gen pokemon. I love how you drew it's eyes! It looks so powerful and awesome.

Thanks! I'm glad you like the Krookodile! It's one of my favourite 5th gen pokémon too.

Day 11 - Lombre
    11th January 2013

The Wario of the Pokémon world. I mean just look at that nose. Which is meant to be a beak. But still. Since these guys are mischief-makers, they like to ruin the lives of fishermen by tugging on the line while under the water.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

i always find your shading style simply amazing. no matter what technique or brushes you use it always makes me smile.

kinda silly i know, but my friend says i obsess too much about shading. great job! *hugs* thank you for brightening my day!
    Follow lillipup for more pokemon art.

join this written rpg with me journey to delta region. looks fun!
    new fc 4728 5304 1250
    I'm a girl

Very nice. I never thought of Lombre as being the Wario of the Pokemon world, but I suppose you're right.

Loving your part 2 so far, especially Garbodor. One of my favorites.

Also, I hope you don't mind that I swiped the basic layout of your thread for my own project. You've inspired me greatly over the past year. Keep it up!

@ rosierjay: Aww, thank you so much! I always find myself looking at and loving the way different artists shade their pieces too -- good shading just make a picture pop, doesn't it? I still think I've got a long way to go, but I'm really happy to hear you like my shading style!

@ General Nonsense: It just seems appropriate. :b Lombre is even fat like Wario, haha. Thanks for the comment!

@ Quinnzel: Thank you, I'm glad you like this year's crop so far! I'm also very pleased to hear that you're doing a project of your very own, I certainly don't mind that you're borrowing my layout. I find it's the most efficient and easy-to-navigate layout, and that's not just because I came up with it. :b Good luck with your 365!

Day 12 - Drifloon
    12th January 2013

This is one of my all time favourite pokémon, second to none other than Typhlosion. I always make sure I catch two of them: one to evolve into Drifblim and the other to keep a drifloon forever. If the thing was more realistic, I would imagine it with bird-like features.

Also, I've always found its Pearl dex entry hilarious:
    "It tugs on the hands of children to steal them away. However, it gets pulled around instead."
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Souku View Post
    nathandg0924, thanks for the comments! I'm glad you like the latest pics. I actually haven't finished Torchic's line yet, there's Blaziken yet to go. He'll be popping up sometime this year I am sure!
    You're welcome Oh right, I thought you finished his line. I was thinking of another fire type's line that you did and finished in your last project. Sorry for that, now I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Souku View Post
    With the 6th gen coming, I'll most likely be tacking those pokémon onto the end of my current list, which probably means going into a third year of Pokémon 365 project drawing. We'll see. Also, I'm sad to hear that you're leaving Pokémon soon! Do you think in the future you'll come back to it, perhaps?
    Yeah I know. Pretty sad and I'm gonna miss it, I'm sure, when that happens. In fact, I think 5th Gen's gonna be my last because I don't think I'll be getting the 6th gen games, I may not even make it there and it kinda didn't get my interest unlike the previous gens, so likely no more 6th gen for me and I'm moving on to other things. but I still like Pokemon though, while I'm still at it.

Anyways, time for me to comment then.

Garbodor - Nice take on one of my least favorite Pokes. Look's so much more better here than what he really looks like.
    Krookodile - Pretty nice, though I find it a little creepy.
    Lombre - Wario of the Pokemon world, nice one. Though I'm not that familiar with Wario, but I do know a bit of him. Anyways, How you did the Poke's pretty amazing.
    Drifloon - It's pretty good too. I like the "arms". How you did it kinda reminds me of "Angry Birds", with the appearance and all, maybe except the arms.
    Last edited by nathandg0924; 13th January 2013 at 1:48 PM.

Yess!! A second year!!

These look amazing so far, Tynamo is my favorite.

Thank you, Skyler 99! Glad to see you here for another round of Pokémon drawings!

Day 13 - Lunatone
    13th January 2013

One of the many things I like to complain about not being able to draw is inanimate object pokémon. They are just not fun, and Lunatone is no different. It was so boring to draw that I fell asleep halfway through the pic. Sad true fact. After I woke up I just wanted to finish the drawing as fast as possible, so dodgy colouring happened.

----

Day 14 - Torkoal
    14th January 2013

The most difficult thing about today's pic was trying to stay awake while drawing it. So tired, and I did fall asleep at the keyboard again. Did keep drawing while in half-awake states though, haha. Sleep-drawing ftw.

Despite that, I did have quite a lot of fun drawing Torkoal even though 90% of my thoughts involved wondering if the pic was finished yet so I could go to bed. That said, my favourite parts to draw were the shell and the fiery bits inside it.
    Last edited by Souku; 14th January 2013 at 1:59 PM. Reason: Update
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

Very good job on Torkoal. You sure you did that while falling asleep at the keyboard? =P

Haha! I assure you, at one point while I was scribbling in the orange on its head, knees, and just under the shell, I had one eye open ... and it was only half-open at that. |D Thanks for the comment!

Day 15 - Mamoswine
    15th January 2013

The first thing I pictured in my mind when I found out that I'd be drawing Mamoswine today was a low angle shot of one of these Pokémon walking towards the camera. So that's what I did. Also, their tusks are made out of ice apparently.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

Oh gosh, these are just exquisite works * A * I love your style, how you draw pokemon realistically but not too brutal and exaggerated like how I have seen from others who have tried painting pokemon in such style. It's amazing to see how you can complete such work within a short amount of times !

As for your most recent painting of Mamoswine, I think this is the best you could get out of these pokemon ! I love how you paint the entire composition under a certain color scheme, it reflected the environment. I absolutely adored it, you have out done yourself u v u

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

goldensteambun, thank you so much for your comment! I'm really glad you like some of my more realistic interpretations, and I'm really glad too that you like Mamoswine's pic! That guy was really fun to draw, even if elephants have crazy legs, haha!

Day 16 - Voltorb
    16th January 2013

So Voltorb isn't exactly the world's most exciting pokémon to look at... I mean it's just a red and white ball with eyes... but luckily, the Gold dex entry provides a nice description for a much (?) more visually interesting picture. I'm just going to copy/paste the entry here since it does a good job of explaining what's happening in the pic:

"It rolls to move. If the ground is uneven, a sudden jolt from hitting a bump can cause it to explode."
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

I very much like your Voltorb drawing. It's simple but very interesting.

Oo, its nice to see a Voltorb doing something besides just being a Voltorb!

Voltorb is now my favorite, it's really good just like the others, but like Skyler said, it's good to see a Voltorb doing something else!

Spoiler:- FC:

30 BP ( I need more..)

Thought I'd comment on a few of your drawing and ask a question or two:
    First of all Tynamo looks fantastic..besides the coloring being great, it's fantastic to be able to see it from a bunch of different angles. Exploud looks totally vicious and muuuuch more powerful than it does in the games (similar to what you did with Thundurus if I'm not mistaken). Lombre looks crazy and VERY mischievous..just really gets me excited for one of my faves (Ludicolo! Ludicolo!). Torkoal looks super epic..very different from the crying anime version..and Mamoswine is awesome doing his "haters gonna hate" strut.

My question to you is this: Do you have all the numbers of Pokémon you're planning on doing sorted already? or do you pick them out randomly as you go? I was just wondering when you're planning on doing my favorite Pokéfamily of aaaalll: WOOOOBBUUUUFFET!

Great work, Souko..I'm sure I will have many compliments in the future for you. :-))

Ahh, thank you all for your comments! I really appreciate you guys leaving them and that you like the Voltorb! AIKIF, I use a random generator to select each day's Pokémon. Since there are so many, I thought it was the most efficient way to do things -- plus, not knowing which pokémon goes for which day, it means it's a daily surprise for me too! You'll see Wobbuffet appear sometime this year, never fear.

Day 17 - Forretress
    17th January 2013

Super lame-o pic today lol. Took maybe 15 minutes all up but dear lord it was the worst 15 mins ever. I am so tired right now, I just want to sleep. Here's the Gold or Silver dex entry (I forget which) that I was trying to draw for:

"It remains immovably rooted to its tree. It scatters pieces of its hard shell to drive its enemies away."
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

This isn't one of your better ones I'm afraid. I've always thought Foretress was a weird pokemon anyway. If it was the worst 15 minutes ever, better that you just got it over with.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast