Thread: Need Help! my Pokemon Black 2 team:

Default Need Help! my Pokemon Black 2 team:

Hopefully this team will be ready for the completion of the game soon as I cant go any further without getting a 6th member or possibly shuffling my team around for other pokemon, If you can guys please help with my team:
    (I didnt put the abilities or natures down as I need to find a good 6 pokemon that are stable enough for me to be happy with)

Samurott
    moves:
    ice beam
    surf
    megahorn
    grass knot

Magenzone
    moves:
    thunderbolt
    flash cannon
    light screen
    toxic

Lucario
    moves:
    aura sphere
    dragon pulse
    close combat
    extreme speed

flygon
    moves:
    earthquake
    dragon claw
    fly
    stone edge

Chanderlure
    moves:
    flamethrower
    shadow ball
    energy ball
    rock slide

Need a 6th team member! Also if anyone could help me out with moves or even help replacing some of my team members above for other ones please let me know, I need as much help as I can as I cant finish the game until im happy with my team.

imo If you're using Light Screen, you might as well use Reflect too. Put that on Magnezone over Toxic.

You don't need Aura Sphere and Close Combat. Lucario has such a wide movepool that it already struggles to put a moveset together. Use Shadow Ball over Close Combat. Ice Punch also provides better coverage than Dragon Pulse(albeit at the cost of some power) so you could use that instead.

Chandelure's attack stat is terrible. Use Calm Mind, Will-o-Wisp or Hidden Power [fighting/ground] if you happenned to get one of those types.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

thanks appreciate it, Im seriously struggling for a 6th team member though and Im also wondering if I should swap any pokemon out in my team? Could you possibly give me some suggestions it would mean alot.

For Samurott
    Use Aqua Jet instead of Grass Knot since it only covers Water and Aqua Jet allow Samurott to Attack first.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylz View Post
    thanks appreciate it, Im seriously struggling for a 6th team member though and Im also wondering if I should swap any pokemon out in my team? Could you possibly give me some suggestions it would mean alot.
    Well you have 3 pokemon vulnerable to Ground type moves and while Samurott and Flygon are good at taking them in I feel it'd help to have another check. Lucario and Magnezone are also both weak to Fighting, which only Chandelure can really take on, but a lot of fighting types hold rock moves anyway. So ideally you'd want a Flying type or a pokemon that has Levitate and resists Fighting. The best of the latter group consists of Gengar and a few mediocre things like Claydol so it'd be best to get a Flying type.

I duggest Gliscor. Despite being another Ground type he shares no weaknesses with Flygon bar the Ice weakness(which every other team member resists).

Gliscor
    Jolly
    Hyper Cutter / Poison Heal
    -Swords Dance
    -Acrobatics
    -Earthquake
    -Aqua Tail

Use you massive defence to help set up Swords Dance. Acrobatics and Earthquake are both very powerful STABs and Aqua Tail helps Gliscor set itself apart from Gliscor a bit more and hits Ground types hard.

Poison Heal is the ideala ability but if you can't get to the Dream World then I suggest Hyper Cutter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Since you're playing Black 2, give Gliscor a Toxic Orb so he can heal. If you do go with this change, I'd replace Acrobatics with Protect.

If you don't go with this change, use a Flying Gem as the item and Hyper Cutter as the ability.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

thanks i really appreciate the help, but the only problem is i really dont want another ground type pokemon or a pokemon with the same type on my team:/ could you suggest a possible couple more pokes? i realy am struggling :/

You have three Ice type and a Water type resist. You needn't worry about another weakness.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.