Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How has BW changed the dynamics of the Anime? Will these changes continue?

Hybrid View

Default How has BW changed the dynamics of the Anime? Will these changes continue?

Lots of massive changes happened from Sinnoh to BW

Animation changes, Brock going home, Ash regressing in League development, Ash capturing more then 5 Pokemon(hasn't done this since Kanto). Ash becoming the 'sole' main character since Contests have been abolished. Do you think this has made BW better or worse? Do you think the writers will continue to implement these and future changes or should they to back to their roots from Original to Diamond and Pearl?

Discuss.

Personally I think they should of kept contests and the maturity that Ash had been developing for the 14 years prior to BW. I also miss the development of his team. It's been poorly handled this generation.

They need to stop giving Ash all the cute living plushies.

If Ash only had Tepig, Iris got Snivy(shut up dragonholics Do you see Excadrill being a dragon?), and Cilan getting oshawott then Ash could have had a team of

Pkachu
    Unfezant
    Pignite
    Krookodile
    Scraggy
    Leavanny
    Palpitoad
    Fillermon 1
    Fillermon 2

WOuld make his team more interesting to look at.

As long as they keep things fresh each saga, then it will be an enjoyable show. BW made a lot of cool changes so if Generation 6 improves on some of those changes as well as making good changes of its own, then that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    As long as they keep things fresh each saga, then it will be an enjoyable show. BW made a lot of cool changes so if Generation 6 improves on some of those changes as well as making good changes of its own, then that would be great.
    I agree. BW definitely made some cool changes at the least, and Gen 6 should try to improve upon them.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    I agree. BW definitely made some cool changes at the least, and Gen 6 should try to improve upon them.
    Yeah, I like the idea of rotation so if they balance his team out in battles and screen time, that would be great. I also like Ash having 3 recurring rivals and the multiple tournaments they have had this saga so I would like to see that in Generation 6 as well. And the villains were well handled and paced this saga.

Yeah. I'm hoping for more continuous story, less filler.

I don't really mind BW Wish it had more of the story element DP
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/2rc6a2p.jpg[/IMG]

This is pretty much how I feel. BW had some good ideas, but they were poorly executed.

Gen 6 anime should try to improve upon that.

....and now, her story begins.

I think having Ash rotate his pokemon and catching so many in Unova compared to other regions is something that needs to continue on into other series. But they really need to get rid of this whole keeping cute /comic relief pokemon from evolving. Biggest example Oshawatt. When your using something like a Oshawatt and a Snivy in a league you can kind of predict whats gonna happen. Only time that didnt feel a problem was back when he had Bulbasaur or Squirtle cause they felt like they proved you dont need to evolve to be strong.

I prefer the pacing in BW compared to 4 years of the Sinnoh mountains. Its meant less filller but so many tournaments dragged it down. If they can make some sort of balance that makes fillers part of the main story like with TR in the background like at the start of BW or whatever Team is in play at the time.
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Venusaur Master View Post
    I think having Ash rotate his pokemon and catching so many in Unova compared to other regions is something that needs to continue on into other series. But they really need to get rid of this whole keeping cute /comic relief pokemon from evolving. Biggest example Oshawatt. When your using something like a Oshawatt and a Snivy in a league you can kind of predict whats gonna happen. Only time that didnt feel a problem was back when he had Bulbasaur or Squirtle cause they felt like they proved you dont need to evolve to be strong.

I prefer the pacing in BW compared to 4 years of the Sinnoh mountains. Its meant less filller but so many tournaments dragged it down. If they can make some sort of balance that makes fillers part of the main story like with TR in the background like at the start of BW or whatever Team is in play at the time.

But Osahwott is awesome...wott
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/2rc6a2p.jpg[/IMG]

I definitely agree with you the pacing and the rotation, as well as catching new Pokemon, should all be carried into the next series of the anime. I'm fine with Oshawott and I think he's cute so no worries here, personally.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

And I like that this saga was shorter than DP. You should never have to take over 180 episodes to get to a League like DP did.

And I like that this saga was shorter than DP. You should never have to take over 180 episodes to get to a League like DP did.
    Yeah, that's one of the worst things about Johto in OS and Sinnoh in DP: there's too much filler. The pacing absolutely should be kept.

Oh God, THIS.

Also, I like a lot of the changes BW made, but I hope Gen6 pushes the envelope further. A high request, I know.

They did have some good ideas, but they weren't all that good. I do wish that Generation 6 can uphold them well.

I hope they carry on the multiple rivals and tournaments into the next series. That was the best part of Best Wishes. They just need to be better at handing out different placements in each of the tournaments.

I think the next series needs a better rival, trip just felt more like a passer by. Was it just me who thought most of the rivals in BW went in the complete opposite direction compared to DP's like Paul etc

I think the next series needs a better rival, trip just felt more like a passer by. Was it just me who thought most of the rivals in BW went in the complete opposite direction compared to DP's like Paul etc
    I was alright with Trip, and I wasn't really fond of Paul to start with, but I can see what you're saying.

I would like to see a new kind of main rival for Ash. Usually, the main rivals he gets are all males, they are all arrogant and they are all mean to him at some point or another. I like what they were trying to do with Trip and the backstory but he really got screwed over in the end. I would like to see a smart, competent and serious female rival as Ash's main rival next generation. It would be something different for Ash.

I would like to see a new kind of main rival for Ash. Usually, the main rivals he gets are all males, they are all arrogant and they are all mean to him at some point or another. I like what they were trying to do with Trip and the backstory but he really got screwed over in the end. I would like to see a smart, competent and serious female rival as Ash's main rival next generation. It would be something different for Ash.
    That actually sounds like a really good idea. I would definitely be up for that.

I've got the perfect rival for him. /killed

A female rival (Who I will not give a name because I suck at naming things. xD) who very different from ash in personality, yet has the same mindset and generally believes the same things as him. They work together a lot, yet they can't seem to get along well in normal conversation due to their differing personalities. So they meet each other off and on constantly battling each other everytime they meet because thats the only way they seem to be able to understand each other.

Somethign like that. Kind of simialar to the paul set up, but she's not a total *******.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    I've got the perfect rival for him. /killed

A female rival (Who I will not give a name because I suck at naming things. xD) who very different from ash in personality, yet has the same mindset and generally believes the same things as him. They work together a lot, yet they can't seem to get along well in normal conversation due to their differing personalities. So they meet each other off and on constantly battling each other everytime they meet because thats the only way they seem to be able to understand each other.

Somethign like that. Kind of simialar to the paul set up, but she's not a total *******.
    As long as she doesn't go "see" every line and say "worthless" or "pathetic" every other line, I'm game. JK.

But seriously, it would be a good nod to DP by doing that as well. Plus, I think the idea's pretty cool as well.

As long as she doesn't go "see" every line and say "worthless" or "pathetic" every other line, I'm game. JK.

But seriously, it would be a good nod to DP by doing that as well. Plus, I think the idea's pretty cool as well.
    she wouldn't. But she will be really stotic and none talktive, and doesn't really get exicited about things like ash does.

They conflict constantly in normal conversations because of how the live life, yet while in battle, the do the exact same thing as each other. See the parallel?

yes she'd be slightly blunt...but thats not being assholish even though it feelsl ike it. xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    she wouldn't. But she will be really stotic and none talktive, and doesn't really get exicited about things like ash does.

They conflict constantly in normal conversations because of how the live life, yet while in battle, the do the exact same thing as each other. See the parallel?
    Yeah, that sounds pretty awesome.

That would be really unique, you could even make her the female playable character of that future game.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast