Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How has BW changed the dynamics of the Anime? Will these changes continue?

I would not mind if in Gen 6 they stop with the whole promoting games. Well I mean I know they have to but do it more at a free style format. Like they can follow the games but still not make it seem like everything in past gens don't matter. like maybe have an old friend team up for a good amount of episodes rather then the regular old girl joins for a few eps. Like make it work towards the actual plot. They could of easily did this in DP by having May stay and Dawn a rival for example. I guess what I mean is instead of making it a 4 year commercial just use the games for the most important storylines and then they can be original for other stuff. What I'm saying makes more sense in my mind tbh
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/2rc6a2p.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Don't insult Dragon Ball with that GT crap, GT was crap because it wasn't Toryiama work, even Z became bad when it started ignoring all the characters and the show started being about who transforms more.
    omg someone who agrees with me that dragon ball was the better show then z and gt >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Don't insult Dragon Ball with that GT crap, GT was crap because it wasn't Toryiama work, even Z became bad when it started ignoring all the characters and the show started being about who transforms more.
    I disagree with you about gt being crap but agree with you when you said z started to get bad when they started to ignore the other characters
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPokemon inc. View Post
    I disagree with you about gt being crap but agree with you when you said z started to get bad when they started to ignore the other characters
    I personally agree with this, but meh.

I liked gt over the end of DBZ, despite enjoying the final battle against kid Buu.

...but this is off topic. xD

When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I sure hope they're not planning to do an entire Black and White 2 series... Because then the anime will have some funny lookin' name like "Pokemon: Black and White 2". Who wants to watch that on TV, let's be honest?

Quote Originally Posted by Senatulus View Post
    I sure hope they're not planning to do an entire Black and White 2 series... Because then the anime will have some funny lookin' name like "Pokemon: Black and White 2". Who wants to watch that on TV, let's be honest?
    There already is a Black and White 2 series.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Uh, it already exists. xD

A name of a show should not turn a person off of a show. If it does that is just silly.

I would not mind if Gen 6 focus more on a mature vibe like other shoenen series. I mean comapred to Digimon or other anime based off of games pokemon seems the most kiddy. I'm all for a more serious vibe but still kiddy. Maybe they plan to go a new route with Episode N and hopefully that leads into Gen 6
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/2rc6a2p.jpg[/IMG]

Pokemon isn't going to change. BW largely tried to make the show the way it was before AG and DP and the result was mixed.

The only thing they can do now is either keep it this way, go back to the AG and DP formula, or just reboot the show entirely. Take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Pokemon isn't going to change. BW largely tried to make the show the way it was before AG and DP and the result was mixed.

The only thing they can do now is either keep it this way, go back to the AG and DP formula, or just reboot the show entirely. Take your pick.
    how about mixing the formula's in a better way...?

(and adding dawn back /killed. xD)

When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoUzumakikun View Post
    I would not mind if Gen 6 focus more on a mature vibe like other shoenen series. I mean comapred to Digimon or other anime based off of games pokemon seems the most kiddy. I'm all for a more serious vibe but still kiddy. Maybe they plan to go a new route with Episode N and hopefully that leads into Gen 6
    I hope you really aren't expecting Chapter of N to actually do anything of that sort.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    I hope they carry on the multiple rivals and tournaments into the next series. That was the best part of Best Wishes. They just need to be better at handing out different placements in each of the tournaments.
    Don Battle: Runner Up.
    Donamite: Top4, with a pokemon that had never fought before.
    JC: Runner Up, defeated by Plotpower.
    League: Top8, or Top4

What's the problem, aside from League regression, which was something you didn't seem to be referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Yeah, that's one of the worst things about Johto in OS and Sinnoh in DP: there's too much filler. The pacing absolutely should be kept.
    DP didn't have that much filler compared to AG actually.. It was just substantially filled with more activities then AG.. -.- What AG did do however, was have a BF, which gave us more battles until the series was over. Now consider this, what if DP had Don Tournaments, or anything a like the Tag Battle tournament, but more often? Conclusion: It wouldn't have fit into the time frame most of the time. The summerschool arc could've been converted into a Don Battle though, I'd give you that, and some of the filler in the Johto-promotion-weeks, could've been twisted as well. But other then that, it was a pretty tighnit series, most of the time. I do acknowledge that there were fillers, and that it wasn't all great.

Quote Originally Posted by Venusaur Master View Post
    I think the next series needs a better rival, trip just felt more like a passer by. Was it just me who thought most of the rivals in BW went in the complete opposite direction compared to DP's like Paul etc
    Trip was just 'one of the rivals'. The big difference was that DP was a story about Ash, Paul and their handling of pokemon, with Chimchar being the case subject. Nothing else really mattered that much in comparison. Best Wishes isn't a story about Ash vs. Trip at all, it is just about Ash travelling through Unova, and getting his feet off the ground again, meeting multiple trainers and fighting them every once in a while, while Ash's rivals all have an equal share in what they achieve.
    - Stephan: Wins a tournament
    - Bianca: Most seperate episodes (character focus), unofficial fourth member of the group.
    - Trip: Wins a tournament

And honestly, it was wise to go this route after DP, which had heavy character focus between two characters and their rivalry. Having a new 'Paul'-storyline would've hurt this series more then the preconceived notion of 'the new Paul', which many had in the early episodes. We got a completely different deal, and people didn't see it, some still don't and still bicker how Trip should've been a full battle - like Paul had..

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I would like to see a new kind of main rival for Ash. Usually, the main rivals he gets are all males, they are all arrogant and they are all mean to him at some point or another. I like what they were trying to do with Trip and the backstory but he really got screwed over in the end. I would like to see a smart, competent and serious female rival as Ash's main rival next generation. It would be something different for Ash.
    No, Trip was just really done after the Junior Cup.. Not screwed over.. They gave him the BW1-Cheren storyline, so Cheren could be the B2W2-Cheren. Cheren's storyline pretty much plummets after he gets moralchecked by Alder, which for Trip happened at the JC. Hence why him getting exited in the first round wasn't badly done at all.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Don Battle: Runner Up.
    Donamite: Top4, with a pokemon that had never fought before.
    JC: Runner Up, defeated by Plotpower.
    League: Top8, or Top4

What's the problem, aside from League regression, which was something you didn't seem to be referring to?

I don't think he is talking about just Ash. I think he means characters like Trip, Burgundy, and Georgia who never made it to the Top 4 in any of the tournaments.

They don't need to give Ash three starters again, and more than 7 Pokemon tbqh. I think thy should go back to a smaller team with more focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I don't think he is talking about just Ash. I think he means characters like Trip, Burgundy, and Georgia who never made it to the Top 4 in any of the tournaments.
    Last time I checked, Trip won the Junior Cup, and Burgundy is a rival to a minor character who doesn't get any development himself. Georgia gets through the first round most of the time, so she's fine. With Georgia, we know that the Iris plot is still going somewhere, so that's good for Georgia as well.

Burgundy's just screwed by the lack of Cilan development.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

One thing i know for sure is that Ash does not need to get all of the regional starters, spreading them out amongst his traveling companions main character status or not is obviously the better choice.

Ironically all three of the hoenn starters evolved in the main group (guess mudkip wasn't cute enough to remain as it was) which I find ironic, even more so that Mudkip evolved in Brock's care and most people deemed his pokemon useless.

Of course i'm also inclined to believe that perhaps rotation wasn't the best thing either, because people deem the unova pokemon weak due to fact that they did not get enough equal time.

perhaps that's why back in Kanto 1 we had the overcaught pokemon sit out, because they couldn't handle so many pokemon on Ash at one time.

Last time I checked, Trip won the Junior Cup, and Burgundy is a rival to a minor character who doesn't get any development himself. Georgia gets through the first round most of the time, so she's fine. With Georgia, we know that the Iris plot is still going somewhere, so that's good for Georgia as well.

Burgundy's just screwed by the lack of Cilan development.
    Wow... That was so stupid what I said about Trip. Sorry... XD

I do wonder if the amount of starters Ash has contributes to the evolution he has. Like if Ash only had Snivy and Tepig...would we have seen Serperior and Emboar.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    I do wonder if the amount of starters Ash has contributes to the evolution he has. Like if Ash only had Snivy and Tepig...would we have seen Serperior and Emboar.
    and yet if Emboar was getting more attention you'd have a repeat of last region--; I love how people still think Infernape is responsible for Torterra's misfortune, but the writers giving it Rock Climb was what did it in.

then again, perhaps some of the things the writers do now are a wake up call to people who think they can read the anime like a book (Cyber and Dman for example) think they know how everything is going to go down.

Yet due to the possibility of "regression" in Ash's league posistioning could be the message that people should not jump the gun and assume they think they know everything. People thought Ash would automatically stay to course or go further, but yet look at what could happen. The one possibility no one thinks of until it unexpectedly comes and smacks everyone in the face till their awake, makes you realise we know nothing in the end.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 2nd January 2013 at 3:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    and yet if Emboar was getting more attention you'd have a repeat of last region--; I love how people still think Infernape is responsible for Torterra's misfortune, but the writers giving it Rock Climb was what did it in.
    You think that how a storyline that lasted 188 episodes that centered around Chimchar, didn't have anything to do with Torterra being overshadowed, and that it is all due to it learning a really cool move?

That's like saying that Glalie didn't get anything since the Hoenn League because it learned Ice Beam...

Geez. Are people still talking about how screwed over Torterra was and how glorified Infernape was. That can't really count as a flaw for the DP series. Can it?

You think that how a storyline that lasted 188 episodes that centered around Chimchar, didn't have anything to do with Torterra being overshadowed, and that it is all due to it learning a really cool move?
    Yet every match it was in as a Torterra, it lost due to this so called "Cool move"

^Turtwig evolving was a Flaw if anything, it clearly didn't need too since it did better in it's base form than it did after evolving, Staraptor and Gliscor also got better by evolving even though it took both of them a while to get it in gear they eventually did, Turtwig did not.

Right now when I look at Ash's unova pokemon the same thing could be said about Unfezant and Boldore, it seems like even though they each got a few wins and evolved, they've gotten worse instead of better.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 2nd January 2013 at 3:26 AM.

I hope Ash doesn't get all of the starters next gen I agree that it kind of ruined his team this gen. They should make the Fire type the main mascot of the three so finally Ash can evolve a water Pokemon.....

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    I hope Ash doesn't get all of the starters next gen I agree that it kind of ruined his team this gen. They should make the Fire type the main mascot of the three so finally Ash can evolve a water Pokemon.....
    Or how about not giving Ash the regional grass starter, that's another thing. I like Snivy, but the writers really did not need to give her to Ash especially since it seems like Levanny's got the grass slot covered much better.

In the first gen I could see it with the whole "Bulbsaur makes things easier" but as the generations go on, the starters become more even in terms of raising them, so that factor is kinda stupid to hang on to.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Or how about not giving Ash the regional grass starter, that's another thing. I like Snivy, but the writers really did not need to give her to Ash especially since it seems like Levanny's got the grass slot covered much better.

In the first gen I could see it with the whole "Bulbsaur makes things easier" but as the generations go on, the starters become more even in terms of raising them, so that factor is kinda stupid to hang on to.
    I definitely agree. Snivy would of been better handled if Iris caught her or wasn't introduced at all. I'm kind of sick of Starter Pokemon in general but they're needed for the 'cuteness marketable' factor.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast