Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How has BW changed the dynamics of the Anime? Will these changes continue?

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    I definitely agree. Snivy would of been better handled if Iris caught her or wasn't introduced at all. I'm kind of sick of Starter Pokemon in general but they're needed for the 'cuteness marketable' factor.
    I agree. I am not a fan of Snivy's character either even though she did have a good debut episode. I think the maximum starters Ash should get is 2. When it comes to how his team was handled, people on here seem to agree that the 2 best developed teams Ash has had was Hoenn and Sinnoh and that was when he didn't have all the starters on his team.

With Oshawott it was just another Piplup, that actually didn't end up doing that much. Just was there being a butt-Monkey.
    Snivy was an obvious attempt to combine Sceptile, and Bulbasaur..but she didn't get much screen-time either.
    Pignite was okayish, but never really stood out.

The writers didn't really seem to care, or take notice of how Ash's team was handled. I don't know what the deal with Oshawott is.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    With Oshawott it was just another Piplup, that actually didn't end up doing that much. Just was there being a butt-Monkey.
    Snivy was an obvious attempt to combine Sceptile, and Bulbasaur..but she didn't get much screen-time either.
    Pignite was okayish, but never really stood out.
    Pignite does stand out, people still hate the thing and bash it to death because they fear how due to it's typing it will be the same as Infernape--;

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I agree. I am not a fan of Snivy's character either even though she did have a good debut episode. I think the maximum starters Ash should get is 2. When it comes to how his team was handled, people on here seem to agree that the 2 best developed teams Ash has had was Hoenn and Sinnoh and that was when he didn't have all the starters on his team.
    For starters, in terms of his team.

Krookodile, Pikachu, Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, Scraggy, Boldore, Palpitoad, and Unfezant are all the members.

I feel as though Unfezant and Boldore might as well have no been caught, I actually liked Roggenrola's personality pre-evolution but I don't care for Unfenzant nor Boldore's designs and both are pretty not memorable and I didn't care for either's evolution. Pikachu, Oshawott, Pignite, Scraggy, and Krookodile are definitely the core members of the team. I think Snivy is just kinda in an awkward area, true she has personality but I feel like it was a mistake for her to have had such a great movepool right at the beginning and her Attract gimmick as well got a bit boring. Like others have said Leavanny seems to do a much better job at playing the Grass-type. Though I think she should evolve. Yeah, Unfezant and Boldore being axed would have done some good imo.

I remember people whining at the beginning of BW about Tepig being the "blandest" starter, but Pignite is a damn good Pokemon imo. He's had character development and has shown to be a viable member of the team time and time again. Just because Snivy and Oshawott have(had) more personality than him doesn't make him inferior. I think some are just comparing him to GloryhogApe. Throw me into the bucket that's perfectly fine with Oshawott, he's had some good battles and has personality. Anyone that was expecting him to evolve into a Samurott after Ash got his sixth badge by league time was really having some high hopes.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 2nd January 2013 at 5:00 AM.

Pokemon Ash could have done without:

Unfezant (honestly, Ash shouldn't be required to have a flying starter every region writers)
    One of the starters
    Palpitoad
    Roggenrola

Honestly, I hope next region the writers decide to ditch that obligatory Normal/Flying type capture.

I just hope we don't get the "fresh start" look again; at least not for awhile. I hope to see variants of previous Pokemon to appear in Gen 6.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Throw me into the bucket that's perfectly fine with Oshawott, he's had some good battles and has personality. Anyone that was expecting him to evolve into a Samurott after Ash got his sixth badge by league time was really having some high hopes.
    At this point Oshawott seems like he's only there to be funny, awkward, and cute. He hasn't really done anything otherwise of note.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Yet every match it was in as a Torterra, it lost due to this so called "Cool move"

^Turtwig evolving was a Flaw if anything, it clearly didn't need too since it did better in it's base form than it did after evolving, Staraptor and Gliscor also got better by evolving even though it took both of them a while to get it in gear they eventually did, Turtwig did not.

Right now when I look at Ash's unova pokemon the same thing could be said about Unfezant and Boldore, it seems like even though they each got a few wins and evolved, they've gotten worse instead of better.
    technically grotle did excellent against Rhypherior despite the weird energy ball overgrow crap. Torrterra did actually do quite a bit of damage to Paul's Drapion. It got an energy ball direct hit that sent drapion flying back, and then leaf storm as well. (I also love how my subtitles have ash calling Pauls Drapion "What a beast..." every time he says he's amazed by it. xD

I don't think torrterra was treated THAT horribly. I do think he got some unfairly hard battles though.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Yea, it also did good against Bertha's Hippowdon. And she's an Elite 4 member. But, about Volkner's Electivire, Ice Punch dealt quadruple the damage, so that's not really big surprise to me.

Doing particularity well in a battle isn't the same as winning. Would we be singing Charizard's praises if it "did really well but lost to Articuno"? Would we know what Pikachu was capable of if it "almost beat Regice"?

No

Pokemon is very much a "show me" anime. If it didn't win the battle, then it isn't considered one of the best. Its the same as the games. Would you rather have one that consistently wins, or always comes up short no matter what the circumstances.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Doing particularity well in a battle isn't the same as winning. Would we be singing Charizard's praises if it "did really well but lost to Articuno"? Would we know what Pikachu was capable of if it "almost beat Regice"?

No

Pokemon is very much a "show me" anime. If it didn't win the battle, then it isn't considered one of the best. Its the same as the games. Would you rather have one that consistently wins, or always comes up short no matter what the circumstances.
    If a pokemon does well, then its pretty good. While battling competitively, I'll switch team members if I can't win to often...so there is truth to that. However I'd much rather have a close battle and one that I can give my all in, rather then one I'd win assuming I'm still able to live. This is true in everything I do. As long as theres a safety net, I'm okay with coming up second, the point is to have fun and try too win. Ash's pokemon do better then most others in the show...and like I said, torrterra got some hard battles and contributed well. IF you cannot accept what the pokemon did to contribute as worth while, then I somehow feel like you're the one downgrading its performance despite the performance being excellent even if there was no "wins."

YES I would like to see torrterra win more, but I never saw torrterra as treated "badly" because he got almost no wins. He did well in almost all his matches, and since he fufilled his job, I'd much rather congratulate the job then say one needed more.
    Remember that ash may never even win a a league...despite this, we still can consider him a good trainer because what he reaches are good acheivements. Mind you, I'm speaking from a more "in the anime" perspective...but I still think it has validity.

The lack of screen time is another issue entirely however...I do want to see my pokemon more, no matter what they get to win. :/...
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

At this point Oshawott seems like he's only there to be funny, awkward, and cute.
    Um...that became apparent two years ago. I don't know why anyone is surprised at this point.

Anyway like I said before, BW gets more credit than it deserves. It helped introduce some new concepts into the anime, but they pretty much all flopped. What's the point of bringing innovation if it's change that wasn't widely accepted as great? All the new things that the writers tried to introduce will just tarnish BW's reputation in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Um...that became apparent two years ago. I don't know why anyone is surprised at this point.
    I know, I was just hoping it would end up being developed a bit more. The episode with it training Aqua Jet made it seem like Oshawott was actually going somewhere.

What? remove all previous music, turn ash into a total numbskull and somehow manage to create boring battles even though the animation improved..

Do you want that again?
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post

No

Lol that's right it's an all or nothing show.

I know, I was just hoping it would end up being developed a bit more. The episode with it training Aqua Jet made it seem like Oshawott was actually going somewhere.
    At the beginning we all thought Oshawott would be going places... how wrong we were
    Walker Sleepover

i really want gen 6 to have the following things that i wanted BW to have
    •a rival with experience just like paul except treating pokemon like crap (game rival)
    •one fully evolved starter (water type)
    •a male trainer follwing ash that actually does something and the female trainer being a student of ash
    •the starters being given out to the trio instead of them all going to ash
    •ash only having 6 pokemon not counting pikachu no more rotation

At this point Oshawott seems like he's only there to be funny, awkward, and cute. He hasn't really done anything otherwise of note.
    I agree with this. Oshawott always seemed like the smart Pokemon to me. He just LOOKS smart. In the show though, he doesn't really do anything...

I want to see the cast upgrade back to Four or Five main characters in group just like in AG and have a Female Trainer from the games with them but with a new goal than than the Contests!

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    I want to see the cast upgrade back to Four or Five main characters in group just like in AG and have a Female Trainer from the games with them but with a new goal than than the Contests!
    unless the 4th trainer has no goal & no pokemon it wouldn't work. there just wouldn't be enough screentime for. everyone and there pokemon

I think a 4th travelling partner would be redundant. I hated Max back in AG most episodes
    Walker Sleepover

Please, please just all I want is for the music from the previous sagas back. No some lame variant of the contest theme won't do.
    Pokemon White rotational teams pokes in trainingWhite Fc: 4556 7172 3697 BP: 15

credit goes to luxraymaster for the awesome team pose

Your signature contained too many images and was too tall. Please read the signature rules before you update it again.

Hopefully the next saga Ash team is comprised of 5 + Pikachu, I liked the rotation idea but a smaller team receive better development overall.

Quote Originally Posted by pokéking95 View Post
    i really want gen 6 to have the following things that i wanted BW to have
    •ash only having 6 pokemon not counting pikachu no more rotation
    I disagree with you on this one the rotation isn't the problem infact i think its a good idea(limiting the main characters to only 6 means you may get worse stories like the aipom ping pong rubbish) problems that have arisen could easily be fixed.All it needs is

Give every member caught a distinct personality(definatly the problem with palpitoad,possibly with leavanny and boldore)
    Greater propotion of appearences for each pokemon.
    More development

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Hopefully the next saga Ash team is comprised of 5 + Pikachu, I liked the rotation idea but a smaller team receive better development overall.
    Or Ash realizes that he can't bank on Pikachu so often and decides to NOT use him for some 6 vs. 6 battles in favor of the weaker, newer members. The rat has already gotten 5 gym battles (4 that he's starred in), and there are only 3-4 BW members that win consistently on Ash's team.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast