Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How has BW changed the dynamics of the Anime? Will these changes continue?

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    I think a 4th travelling partner would be redundant. I hated Max back in AG most episodes
    It's not that bad. Just give him/her something to do instead of being a stale wall and you have a character.

At this point Oshawott seems like he's only there to be funny, awkward, and cute. He hasn't really done anything otherwise of note.
    True. What I would like is if Ash was to bring along Oshawott with him t the next region like he did Aipom and actually use him for training purposes just in case Pikachu drains again.

My ideal battle ever!

Well then whats gonna happen to gen 6's cute and overshown water type?

wat gamefreak needs to do is make a water starter that has an ugly base stage but has an awesome final evolution then the writers give it to ash so he can evolve it all the way

Quote Originally Posted by pokéking95 View Post
    wat gamefreak needs to do is make a water starter that has an ugly base stage but has an awesome final evolution then the writers give it to ash so he can evolve it all the way
    That probably,won't happen becasue people love cute base form water,starters.
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

That was Oshawott already.

But anime makes ugly things cute (look at Trubbish).
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Oshawott wasn't regarded as cute, then the memes started and the anime and bam.

The starters first forms will always be cute, most pokemon first form are cute anyway.

Mudkip wasn't that cute... I'm beginning to think the Water Curse is permanent

I would have prefer BW to keep contests. I know they don't have them in the games, but still, contest was what made Sinnoh and AG not as battle-centric. Practically everything in BW was about battling: Battle Subway, Don Tournament, Pokemon World Tournament (if it appears). Pokestar studios in the game was also quite battle centric, and Brycen's movie looks battle-centric too >_<

The rotation is great in concept, poor in execution. I would've much prefered Sinnoh's pacing with the rotation so that each pokemon gets sufficient screentime and development. I don't mind Sinnoh's slow pacing, as the team was handled pretty nicely, but BW was really fast, fast that there was not enough time for each pokemon to shine. It ended up turning like a three man show, Pikachu, the wott and Pignite. Also, Cilan's and Iris's Pokemon weren't handled that well, either. /implying that Emolga had perfect battle %, now that's something.

BW had great concepts, but poor in execution. That's all.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Well, its good that Contests were finally eliminated but thats all I can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    Well, its good that Contests were finally eliminated but thats all I can come up with.
    C'mon Contests weren't terrible it added something different to the anime besides just battles. I wish Ash would still use some of the tactics he came up with from watching Dawn. Counter shield was awesome

C'mon Contests weren't terrible it added something different to the anime besides just battles. I wish Ash would still use some of the tactics he came up with from watching Dawn. Counter shield was awesome
    You'd think after Piplup gave him a reminder he'd remember. I mean he could have beaten Lucario by CSing the Aura sphere back in its face like he did with Ursaring and Focus blast..

and Spin..

Yeah go Team Dawn!

@PQ: That's what he should've done, except he forgot all his tactics from DP. Whoops!

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Totodile wasn't ugly... but it was far from cute in a lot of peoples eyes :P
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    You'd think after Piplup gave him a reminder he'd remember. I mean he could have beaten Lucario by CSing the Aura sphere back in its face like he did with Ursaring and Focus blast..
    Exactly, Ash would of done a lot better in the League and in general this generation lol

The only real major change was the Don battle tournaments and giving Ash's friends their own rivals, but that's it. BW is largely similar in structure to Kanto/Johto, so you can't really say it did much that was truly new.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The only real major change was the Don battle tournaments and giving Ash's friends their own rivals, but that's it. BW is largely similar in structure to Kanto/Johto, so you can't really say it did much that was truly new.
    Read the first post of this thread.

For that matter I'm kind of dissapointed of how they did roatations, he did a better form of it in Johto where all he did was rotate stuff out (ignoring the fact that his Kanto mons were far superior)making the only Johto mons screwed over Heracross and Phanpy(latter mainly caught too late), while in Unova no one really benefits other than the big 5.

For that matter I'm kind of dissapointed of how they did roatations, he did a better form of it in Johto where all he did was rotate stuff out (ignoring the fact that his Kanto mons were far superior)making the only Johto mons screwed over Heracross and Phanpy(latter mainly caught too late), while in Unova no one really benefits other than the big 5.
    Well that's because Ash only did capture 6 pokemon in Johto. He caught way too damn many in Unova.

Well that's because Ash only did capture 6 pokemon in Johto. He caught way too damn many in Unova.
    Especially for a fast paced series like Best Wishes. It could have been better pulled off with Sinnoh's pacing.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Especially for a fast paced series like Best Wishes. It could have been better pulled off with Sinnoh's pacing.
    I agree. You think he would have captured more pokemon in a region that spanned 191 episodes, not in a region that was only a little over 100.

I agree. You think he would have captured more pokemon in a region that spanned 191 episodes, not in a region that was only a little over 100.
    Well in Sinnoh they had to develop teams for 2.5(yes Brock only counts as half) people, not Ash alone lol.

Well in Sinnoh they had to develop teams for 2.5(yes Brock only counts as half) people, not Ash alone lol.
    But Dawn didn't capture many pokemon either. And the Togekiss was just shoved on her team at the tail-end and it barely did anything. She went the majority of her run with only 5 pokemon.

Quite frankly its actually surprising there were so few captures for the entire main cast in DP. It was such a long series and they could have done more.

But Dawn didn't capture many pokemon either. And the Togekiss was just shoved on her team at the tail-end and it barely did anything. She went the majority of her run with only 5 pokemon.

Quite frankly its actually surprising there were so few captures for the entire main cast in DP. It was such a long series and they could have done more.
    Ehh My guess was they probably would have made a filler arc in Johto/Battle zone and then scrapped it because they knew BW was on the Horizon but not the exact date, which is why they tried to pad out time before the league but overshot the mark.

Well, Unova did do a better job with handling its Pokémon than Kanto did. Seriously, for most of Kanto, he only had 5 Pokémon with him. He could have had called Professor Oak at some points to get Krabby or Muk but yet, he still decided to go with 5.

Ehh My guess was they probably would have made a filler arc in Johto/Battle zone and then scrapped it because they knew BW was on the Horizon but not the exact date, which is why they tried to pad out time before the league but overshot the mark.
    I doubt the DP era would have went on for 5 years. Highly unlikely. What could have happened is Sinnoh should have ended around 150 episodes and the other 40 could have been converted to a Johto BF arc.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast