Thread: What Pokémon/Moves do you use that no-one else uses?

Default What Pokémon/Moves do you use that no-one else uses?

Well, I use Audino on my White. And I have Heal Pulse on my Lucario, which is useless but I still keep it on incase of a shiny.

Saaatoshi!

I was going to use Alomamola then I realized nobody used him because it sucked.

I used Leer and Growl for quite awhile in game as well.
    oopsie

Knock off.

@zento, I normally have growl/ leer until the third gym at least

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

I use Delcatty, Lopunny, and Flareon. I don't care, I've won my battles online with them.

A good deal of my teams tend to be made up of early catches or non-evolved pokémon. My bibarel's a fighter instead of my beast of burden, and my Diamond team's also got a kricketune and pachirisu, which I don't think a lot of people use. I'm not sure if as few people use sableye, but it's not the most popularly used of pokémon. And I just might be the only person I know who fights with a luvdisc. As I've mentioned in the unusual habits thread, I'm pretty much more drawn to unusual pokémon, battle styles, etc. and it's hard for me to get attached to a capture later in the game so I'm not the trainer you would catch using something like lucario or flygon. I kind of find it hard to see the fun in doing the same thing everyone else is.

And on the subject of unusual moves, my team always has a singer. Only my Mysterious Dungeon game does not have a pokémon that knows sing. Similar to what Zenotwapal said, I'm beginning to notice the failure rate of the move (though I could have sworn it messes up more in 4th gen games, I remember it working a lot more often earlier), but still so far, I've never had a major game with no singer.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

I'm using Emolga in Pokemon Black 2. I also for quite a while kept Copycat and Me First on my Lucario. Replaced them with Earthquake though. I also used to adore Metronome since I wanted to know what all the move animations look like. With the internet showing them I lost interest but I still like to have it in the games no one makes videos for of their animations.

Hitmonlee in FRLG is a great in-game Fighting-type that's often overlooked. Yeah, its movepool is nothing but STAB in a region that's 25% Poison-types, but Hitmonlee hits so amazingly hard with STAB HJK/BB that it's worth it. If you're willing to drag it through Fuchsia's Gym (it has the SpD to take a hit in Saffron), it performs very well in the end-game. Fearow's another good one in Kanto and Johto; it's got better Attack and Speed than Pidgeot, it evolves into its final evo only shortly after Pidgey would hit Pidgeotto, and gets to use the great Drill Peck instead of Fly for STAB in the end-game. I don't really get why Pidgeot is used instead of it.

Tentacruel may be common, but it's fast, it's got good Special Defense, it's got a good movepool, and it has an excellent typing in-game both offensively and defensively. In Kanto, it comes in time to smash Blaine and Giovanni. For Johto, it comes before a Gym that it resists, a Gym whose ace it can one-shot, and a Gym whose STAB it resists. Hoenn, it has access to Giga Drain to beat the rest of the Water-types in the ocean. In Sinnoh, while it doesn't have the best typing for the mid- and late-game, they can be found at high levels, and they perform well against the Elite 4. Did I mention that it's a great Water HM slave?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    I used Leer and Growl for quite awhile in game as well.
    I do this too; I never use one-off TMs in-game, so my Pokemon generally keep them due to not having anything better to run. They can be surprisingly useful in boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by octoboy View Post
    I'm not sure if as few people use sableye, but it's not the most popularly used of pokémon.
    I'm trying it out in Sapphire. It's surprisingly... not suck. It cheeses Brawly rather well, as well as turning any Trainer relying on Normal, Psychic, or Fighting moves into an instant victory. Night Shade is nice for reliable damage against things with high defenses or Steel-types, and Silk Scarf-boosted Fake Out and Fury Swipes let it fight Normal-types decently enough until it can use Blackglasses Thief/Faint Attack.

Dig on my Zoroark....I don't even know why I put it there....

I usually keep Ember on my fire starters for a very long time until I get rid of it. I don't know about you guys haha.

In Übers, I very often use Espeon, a Pokémon that is almost never used in this tier. I also almost always use Yawn on Espeon, an exceedingly move almost no one ever gives to this Pokémon.

Other moves on Pokémon I use that pretty much no one else seem to use include Sleep Talk on Choice Scarf Terrakion and Stone Edge on Choice Scarf Reshiram.
    This is a battle. Of course it's gonna be unfair. That which is called 'battle' was a monster originally born of unfairness and intolerance. I can't stand that guy. I can beat that guy. I can't forgive that guy. We make enemies for all sorts of reasons, and from the moment you make an enemy, until one of you draws his last breath - you're in a battle.

Music

Body Slam on Venusaur.

Moved to PokéPolls.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

I'm probably the only one I know who loves using worry seed. I like any of the ability-changing moves, but I've gotten the most use out of worry seed. My roserade could easily put Barry's Snorlax at risk in Platinum because worry seed would keep him from resting and made him vulnerable to poisoning. I haven't had the chance to use other ability-changing moves like simple beam yet, and I've barely used the ability mummy, but anything that could negate moves that work against you or against your battling partner (levitate, truant, slow start, flame body/static, etc.) is great.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

I use Self-destruct as a exp. gain method. When I want to train low-levelled/weak Pokemon, I send them out first and then swap them out for the Self-destructor, giving them full exp points. It's a bit annoying because of the constant healing, but I prefer it to training everyone like my starters. I haven't seen or heard of anyone else that uses Self-destruct this way

Frost Breath is a move I never see used but use a lot. ^_^
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Unoin View Post
    I use Self-destruct as a exp. gain method. When I want to train low-levelled/weak Pokemon, I send them out first and then swap them out for the Self-destructor, giving them full exp points. It's a bit annoying because of the constant healing, but I prefer it to training everyone like my starters. I haven't seen or heard of anyone else that uses Self-destruct this way
    I use moves like that for that reason too. Sometimes things like flare blitz to not heal after every battle, but still give the full exp after the user faints.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

I used to abuse Poison Jab on my Naughty DW Nidorino. Oh, all the wonders he did when getting that Charizard on the RMs. He worked miracles with Poison Jab >.> course, I should get to using Nino again <.>
    But, I think I use Tackle sometimes >.>
    Y IGN is Arkis, X IGN is Starvein. I'm going to be restarting Y version after getting 10 shinies, so far it's 2/10 shinies, cause Wonder trade was a loving option two nights ago....

Quote Originally Posted by iAm_Michael View Post
    I usually keep Ember on my fire starters for a very long time until I get rid of it. I don't know about you guys haha.
    I did that kind of thing as well. My charizard's crazily high attack level allowed this to actually work, and its 1st-gen-mechanics broken fire spin could sufficiently bail it out if that didn't work. My swampert didn't have similar results with water gun however, so I did end up being forced to give him more powerful water moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I'm trying it out in Sapphire. It's surprisingly... not suck. It cheeses Brawly rather well, as well as turning any Trainer relying on Normal, Psychic, or Fighting moves into an instant victory. Night Shade is nice for reliable damage against things with high defenses or Steel-types, and Silk Scarf-boosted Fake Out and Fury Swipes let it fight Normal-types decently enough until it can use Blackglasses Thief/Faint Attack.
    Yep, that's pretty much my tactic as well. That and confuse ray, which can lead to tons of hilarious moments of opponents' humiliation.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

I like to abuse Vine Whip half the time on Ivysaur evolving to Venusaur <.> Vine Whip pretty much bailed me out in battles of all types..

....except fire and ice.

I also love to abuse the weakest moves to Pokémon.

I love Slam, Dragon Rush, Scald, ECT.

But I love Poison Jab more, as PJ's a life saver with poison types ..

Except on a Haxorus.
    Y IGN is Arkis, X IGN is Starvein. I'm going to be restarting Y version after getting 10 shinies, so far it's 2/10 shinies, cause Wonder trade was a loving option two nights ago....

I was able to own Silph Co. with Jynx in Red version. In Sapphire I kept Azurill as an Azurill for the "element of surprise" (Normal instead of Water) but it was really because I liked it more than Marill. I was also using a Skitty in White 2 for the longest time and it got me out of several jams with Copycat.

As far as moves go, I've kept Water Pulse on OshaDewSamurott the entire time i've had it because for me the hax is amazing. My opponents are almost always getting confused lol.
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

My mane pokeymanz in x
    facebook.com/geeksforjesus
    2ds friend code - 4613 7899 0504
    Looking for: purified shadow pokemon, pokemon in hg/ss exclusive pokeballs, y exclusive mega stones

Torterra. I've never seen it online.
    I also use Brick Break,which I don't see a lot; seriously, breaking that Light Screen that no one bothers to set up.
    Last edited by Icaughta...; 1st November 2013 at 5:51 PM.
    My Black 2 Team:

or

If you didn't choose turtwig in sinnoh I pity you

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†