Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball series discussion

Hybrid View

Default Dragon Ball series discussion

Here is a discussion thread about the dragon ball series from dragon ball to gt. (movies included)
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

GT is a abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    GT is a abomination.
    Why is that I happen to like gt
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    GT is a abomination.
    Compared to Dragon Ball, Z isn't all that great either.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Compared to Dragon Ball, Z isn't all that great either.
    I generally agree with this. I enjoyed Dragonball, but Z wound up being a disappointment. The fights were less interesting, the pacing slower and more uneven, the story starting to get a little a little jumbled and a lot of character started to get shafted.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Here is one thing I'm surprised of:

Spoiler:- On events:
    Last edited by Quilava42; 2nd January 2013 at 1:04 AM.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilava42 View Post

In GT, Goku was supposed to get the seven Dragon Balls to return back into an adult, but now it goes into those dragons and Super 17. What happened to that? And when Vegeta became a Great Ape, he was devoid of reason. But in DBZ, he can control it completely, he can talk as well.
    When they returned everyone was infected by baby and,vegeta was only messing around he even said he would not let the primitive mind of the great,ape control him.
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

Spoiler:- On events:
        Spoiler:- Answer:
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
        Spoiler:- Answer:
    Yes. Yes. This is why I watch DBZ, DB, and DBZ Kai.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Yes. Yes. This is why I watch DBZ, DB, and DBZ Kai.
    That's also why the Dragonball MMO and the new DBZ movie both completely ignore the existence of DBGT.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

DBGT is not that bad. Sure, I admit, I think it pales in comparison to its predecessors DB and DBZ, but I'm alright with it. I really liked the Shadow Dragon Saga and SSJ4, for example.

Still, my favorite villain is Kid Buu.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    That's also why the Dragonball MMO and the new DBZ movie both completely ignore the existence of DBGT.
    I also don't feel it's canon, but it's a decent/good series in my book regardless of that. I'm pretty sure Toriyama's original vision of it ended around when (Son) Goku left with Uub.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 2nd January 2013 at 2:32 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I love Dragon Ball Z, just sometimes I hate when they spend a lot of time talking in a battle, or having those long thought processes.

Quote Originally Posted by iAm_Michael View Post
    I love Dragon Ball Z, just sometimes I hate when they spend a lot of time talking in a battle, or having those long thought processes.
    Yup, I love the Dragonball franchise. Yeah, or when they're powering up and "hururratataurhur" goes on for too long. JK.

I have a lot of the video games, but I haven't actually bought any since Budokai Tenkaichi 3 came out. I want to see a DBZ game with the updated graphics of Raging Blast series with a ton of characters like Tenkaichi series one day.

Oddly enough, my favorite character is Vegeta. Funniest lines and he's always so agitated by Goku surpassing him in strength.

I usually stick with Goku, Vegeta, Krillin, Piccolo, and Gohan when playing the video games.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Yup, I love the Dragonball franchise. Yeah, or when they're powering up and "hururratataurhur" goes on for too long. JK.

I have a lot of the video games, but I haven't actually bought any since Budokai Tenkaichi 3 came out. I want to see a DBZ game with the updated graphics of Raging Blast series with a ton of characters like Tenkaichi series one day.
    Yeah, the only moment I didn't really mind the long "hurururururuaarrrrrhur" was when he turned Super Saiyan for the first time. It was too epic to be annoyed over. :P

Yeah, the only moment I didn't really mind the long "hurururururuaarrrrrhur" was when he turned Super Saiyan for the first time. It was too epic to be annoyed over. :P
    Definitely.

Z: "I won't let you..get away...with this!"
    Kai edited: "You cold, ruthless, heartless...monster!"
    Kai: "You cold, ruthless, heartless...bastard!"

Apologies to Kai fans- I think I'm a tad off but I usually watch FUNi Z since I enjoy all the corny and cheesy jokes and stuff. xD.

I liked GT. :/ I do like Kai, but I didn't like how some things were taken out though. But, at least I got to see my fellow Androids.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I liked GT. :/ I do like Kai, but I didn't like how some things were taken out though. But, at least I got to see my fellow Androids.
    Yeah, I liked GT as well for the most part.

There's the uncut Kai DVDs as well, but I actually always did enjoy the DBZ filler.

(Ones like Piccolo and Goku going to driving school = ).

Yea, speaking of which. How do you guys liked Kai compared to the original?
    I like DBZ more than DBZ Kai, but I'm good with either. The English dub DBZ Kai is way, way more faithful to the original Japanese version...but I just enjoy DBZ dub more. It's cheesier, has some many line rewrites, and the Bruce Faulconer BGM...but I love it because I liked the way it was presented anyway in English. xD.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 2nd January 2013 at 2:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Yeah, I liked GT as well for the most part.

There's the uncut Kai DVDs as well, but I actually always did enjoy the DBZ filler.

(Ones like Piccolo and Goku going to driving school = ).

I like DBZ more than DBZ Kai, but I'm good with either. The English dub DBZ Kai is way, way more faithful to the original Japanese version...but I just enjoy DBZ more.
    Yea, I heard about the CDs. I wish they were available online though.

The fillers were good sometimes.

Sucks that my favorite character became a background character after the Cell Saga. I hope the movie redeems it.

Yea, speaking of which. How do you guys liked Kai compared to the original?

I think the voice actor for Goku in Kai is rather good.

I think the voice actor for Goku in Kai is rather good.
    Yup, he's the same one as in the FUNimation dub of DBZ, Sean Schemmel. I think he's even better than before.

Yea, I heard about the CDs. I wish they were available online though.

The fillers were good sometimes.

Sucks that my favorite character became a background character after the Cell Saga. I hope the movie redeems it.
    Here's hoping the Androids get some screentime in the movie. I always did like them as characters.

I don't mind DBGT however I do not view it as canon. Just some thing I watch since it is on tv. I'lld admit I like the DBZ dub over Kai but thats because I loved the filler in DBZ and the music. Hopefully Funimation gets the rights to the movie
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/2rc6a2p.jpg[/IMG]

Default are they going to bring the rest of dbz out

does anyone know if kia is really coming out with more episodes i read it on google some where but they could be lying and can you post a pic of any body on tne db series even gt and i love gt i do not like goku wearing pink fur and him being a kid and i hate pan and that stupid outfit Trunks wears

Quote Originally Posted by Gaminglord View Post
    does anyone know if kia is really coming out with more episodes i read it on google some where but they could be lying and can you post a pic of any body on tne db series even gt and i love gt i do not like goku wearing pink fur and him being a kid and i hate pan and that stupid outfit Trunks wears
    From what I heard, they're supposed to be doing the Buu saga. I don't know if it's true or not because I really didn't care too much about it.

From what I heard, they're supposed to be doing the Buu saga. I don't know if it's true or not because I really didn't care too much about it.
    Yes it's true. It's not going to be aired in Japan though basically it's going to be done for the rest of the world

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast