Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball series discussion

The only thing I dislike about Z is how Gohan didn't fight Kid Buu, he would of destroyed him

I always thought Teen Gohan fighting Cell was one of my favorite moments in the whole series. Too epic.

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    The only thing I dislike about Z is how Gohan didn't fight Kid Buu, he would of destroyed him
    I really wish they showed more ultimate gohan, he was the strongest nonfused character in the universe and my favorite
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Seeing as how Ultimate Gohan was up there in power with SS3, I doubt it.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Seeing as how Ultimate Gohan was up there in power with SS3, I doubt it.
    Gohan was still stronger then SSJ3. Like someone else said he was the strongest non fused character in the whole series.

Quote Originally Posted by iAm_Michael View Post
    I always thought Teen Gohan fighting Cell was one of my favorite moments in the whole series. Too epic.
    He wasn't a teenager then.

He's still referred to as "Teen Gohan" though.

When Gohan was yelling at his father inside the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to stop holding back and train him correctly, he knew how important it was to get stronger to fight Cell. He knew he had to become a super sayajin. It doesn't make sense for him to do that, and then not what to fight when it was his turn in the Cell games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    He's still referred to as "Teen Gohan" though.
    This didn't make sense. He was 9(?) years old, and 11 in the dub, and neither of those ages make him a teenager.

Then we'll call him pre-teen gohan

What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

By the very end of dbz gohan stopped training so goku might be stronger in his ssj3 form
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Rovian View Post
    When Gohan was yelling at his father inside the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to stop holding back and train him correctly, he knew how important it was to get stronger to fight Cell. He knew he had to become a super sayajin. It doesn't make sense for him to do that, and then not what to fight when it was his turn in the Cell games.
    He did say he was afraid of his power when angered. Raditz and Freeza can certainly testify for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPokemon inc. View Post
    By the very end of dbz gohan stopped training so goku might be stronger in his ssj3 form
    Maybe when Goku is fighting Uub he's stronger but its not proven that Gohan ever lost his 'Ultimate' state or if you can get even stronger once you past SSJ3... Your power level wouldn't be going up by the millions anymore

Maybe when Goku is fighting Uub he's stronger but its not proven that Gohan ever lost his 'Ultimate' state or if you can get even stronger once you past SSJ3... Your power level wouldn't be going up by the millions anymore
    Just throwing this out there:
    the poster for the upcoming movie, which is supposed to be canon since Toriyama is working on it and all, Gohan is shown to be Super Saiyan...
    So, either Toriyama and company forgot about Mystic/Ultimate (which is entirely possible), or Gohan lost the ability to go that far for some reason

EDIT
    it's also in some of the footage released
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlBLmJM1WxE
    Last edited by Ansem1013; 3rd January 2013 at 2:17 AM.
    PM or VM me for more trade info

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem1013 View Post
    Just throwing this out there:
    the poster for the upcoming movie, which is supposed to be canon since Toriyama is working on it and all, Gohan is shown to be Super Saiyan...
    So, either Toriyama and company forgot about Mystic/Ultimate (which is entirely possible), or Gohan lost the ability to go that far for some reason

EDIT
    it's also in some of the footage released
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlBLmJM1WxE
    Even though Toriyama is working on doesn't mean it's canon even if it takes place after Buu... A movie is a movie and the canon universe is the manga which Toriyama finished a long time ago. He is more influencing and guiding this project than writing it.

But even if he didn't lose hus ultimate state. He most likely lost power becasue of 10 years of no training
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

But even if he didn't lose hus ultimate state. He most likely lost power becasue of 10 years of no training
    His Ultimate State fully unlocks ALL of his hidden power even if he doesn't train. He didn't train at all after Cell so I doubt that would affect it at all

His Ultimate State fully unlocks ALL of his hidden power even if he doesn't train. He didn't train at all after Cell so I doubt that would affect it at all
    But you can't just have alot of power and expect to maintain without training
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

But you can't just have alot of power and expect to maintain without training
    It's a form that unlocks all of your hidden potential so yes you can. Even though Gohan had done next to no training after Cell he was still able to use SSJ2 7 years later...

My point in all of this was, Gohan should of fought Kid Buu he would of had an easier time then Goku did

Okay new topic: how do you think the fight against omega shenron would've gone if Vilma didn't have the blitz wave generator (no ssj 4 gogeta only super gogeta)

I think you mean Bulma. And I don't think the battle would have gone that well. Super Gogeta is strong, but Super Sayian 4 Gogeta is way stronger. If he was Vegito, then it'll be a different story. Maybe he would have won if they were Vegito.

Quote Originally Posted by iAm_Michael View Post
    Yea, speaking of which. How do you guys liked Kai compared to the original?
    I don't mind Kai. We get to the action quicker, which is always a plus, and the voices are much, much better this time around than with the original FUNimation dub of Dragon Ball Z. Unfortunately, I was exposed to the dub through 4KIDS, so I got to see the monstrosity that is Blue Popo. And it took forever to get past the Ginyu Force, and even then I started to lose interest. Seriously, they started over to the beginning at one point, which didn't help at all. Freakin' 4KIDS...

Shocker: I have of yet to actually watch the Dragon Ball anime. We have up to season six of DBZ, but not Dragon Ball--if only because Mom probably won't be very happy about it than she is with DBZ. I have read the entire manga, though, so that should make up for it.

Also found out about Battle of Gods about a month ago. Once I saw the poster, I said to my friend and brothers, "I call it: the twist is Bills is Monster Carrot who managed to become a god and seek vengeance against Goku." Then I looked it up and realized Bills is based off the sphynx cat, and not a rabbit like I thought he was. Crap, that would've been a neat twist...

Oh well. I'll go ahead and watch the movie when it's subbed/dubbed. Should be interesting to see where they go with it.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    Okay new topic: how do you think the fight against omega shenron would've gone if Vilma didn't have the blitz wave generator (no ssj 4 gogeta only super gogeta)
    They would die.
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I don't mind Kai. We get to the action quicker, which is always a plus, and the voices are much, much better this time around than with the original FUNimation dub of Dragon Ball Z. Unfortunately, I was exposed to the dub through 4KIDS, so I got to see the monstrosity that is Blue Popo. And it took forever to get past the Ginyu Force, and even then I started to lose interest. Seriously, they started over to the beginning at one point, which didn't help at all. Freakin' 4KIDS...
    There are Uncut DVDs that are worth the price (if you're willing to pay).

I own all of Kai on Blu-ray it's amazing

I think i'm one of the few who actually do like dbgt. but it is not canon at all and i heard akira toriyama had very little do do with the production of it as well. It really just depends on the person as with most things, whether it was to your taste or not :P.

My favourite sagas = vegeta saga, perfect cell saga and kid buu saga
    My favourite characters - gohan, vegeta, goten and future trunks ^^

least favourite saga - freiza saga seriously how many episodes did that fight take?
    BLACK 2 TEAM :

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast