Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball series discussion

I'm trying to get into the series, and I'd like to start from square one with the original Dragonball. Anyone have any ideas as to where and/or how I'd do this?
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    When in the anime has Trunks ever used Buster Canon, or Finish Buster? I watched DBZ and movies so many time but I don't remember it. Or are they just game exclusive moves?
    While not named in the series, Trunks has used Buster Cannon a few times. Namely against #17 and #18 as Dr. Gero awakened them. As for Finish Buster, it's another that was not named in the series until the games. He uses this move against Vegeta when trying to stop Cell from getting to #18.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGonzales View Post
    I'm trying to get into the series, and I'd like to start from square one with the original Dragonball. Anyone have any ideas as to where and/or how I'd do this?
    http://www.funimation.com/dragon-ball/videos
    www.amazon.com/dp/1569319200/ or http://www.amazon.com/dp/1421555646/
    www.amazon.com/dp/B002FOQXTQ/
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Kyle Hebert announced he will be returning as Gohan for the Buu Saga of Dragon Ball Z Kai. So we can also take that as an announcement that FUNimation will finish dubbing DBZ Kai. (to my knowledge, FUNi hasn't made any statements about the Buu Saga before this.)

EDIT: I also found an interview with Sean Schemmel where he was asked what projects he was currently working on, he said he was finishing up working on Kai's Buu Saga. So apparently, some of the voice over work is almost done.
    Last edited by voicerocker; 24th April 2013 at 10:24 PM.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

i wonder if yamcha has any fans? or if he is about as popular as jar jar binks? and what about hercule what does his fanbase look like is batman/wolverine popular or jar jar popular? just curious what their popularity looks like.

hmmm you know what a major flaw is on letting hercule pretend he is the one who beat cell? if a smart villain came a long he/she could just send one of his minions to earth find a martial arts contest the z fighters werent entering have him act like a normal contestant too avoid suspision from everyone and when he goes up against hercule have him pretend he is on even grounds with hercule to give hercule a false sense of confidence/security then start owning him in the worst way possible fus demorilizing the people of earth and if it helps demorilize them even more torture hercule in cold blood until he admits that he didnt defeat cell before killing him. also have said villain find out about the dragonballs before said tournament and steal them so that the z fighters cant use them.
    so what do you all think about what i just typed up? personally i think if i was to take control of the anime i could hopefully come up with some good ideas for it.
    Last edited by pokedigijedi; 12th May 2013 at 5:57 AM.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Problem with that - Goku spotted out Oob and realized his hidden potential when no one else was able to (including Oob himself). Either way, Mr. Satan's always found a way to make himself out to be the hero.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Problem with that - Goku spotted out Oob and realized his hidden potential when no one else was able to (including Oob himself). Either way, Mr. Satan's always found a way to make himself out to be the hero.
    good point.....i forgot for a second there that the people of earth in dbz are waaaaaay to dumb to live. well hopefully if they ever do a plot like the one i just mentioned hopefully they will find a way to have it make sense that goku didnt notice an evil minion enter a tournament defeat and kill hercule and demorilize the people of earth all in one blow.

In other news im still wondering if yamcha has a even has a remotely decent sized fanbase and what hercules fanbase looks like if he is wolverine popular or jar jar binks infamous?
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    good point.....i forgot for a second there that the people of earth in dbz are waaaaaay to dumb to live. well hopefully if they ever do a plot like the one i just mentioned hopefully they will find a way to have it make sense that goku didnt notice an evil minion enter a tournament defeat and kill hercule and demorilize the people of earth all in one blow.

In other news im still wondering if yamcha has a even has a remotely decent sized fanbase and what hercules fanbase looks like if he is wolverine popular or jar jar binks infamous?
    In the DB anime he did havfe a fan club in a filler episode, and it's safe to say anyone who participates in the Tenakaichi Budokai has some fans. But I don't know if he has much of one after getting killed by the saibamen, since he died on TV. People would be pretty freaked if just came back from the dead. Though being dead technically doesn't stop him from having fans. (just look at bruce lee) The same probably goes for Tien and Chaotzu or that matter.

As for Hercule, while he is the most popular fighter in the world, it's probably safe to say he isn't universally everyone's favorite.

I assume your talking about in universe with the above. In real life Yamcha has a cult fanbase who generally like him for being closest to your average Joe out of the entire cast and a bit of an underdog or for shipping reasons. (this group includes me) I remember when Dragonball Z was new no one really hated him, I think the Cell saga and english voice actor change is what led to a lot of the change in opinion on the character.

As for Hercule he seems to be a love it or hate it character. I think the opnion partialy depends on how seriously people take the show, some people seems to get angry about a joke character getting popular in universe but I don;t get why it matters. I think Hercule is pretty entertaining.
    Last edited by Zazie; 14th May 2013 at 2:52 PM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Yamcha has some fans he is one of the strongest human beings but im pretty sure the strongest human goes to Krillen tho

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    Yamcha has some fans he is one of the strongest human beings but im pretty sure the strongest human goes to Krillen tho
    yeah...um tien would like to have a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    yeah...um tien would like to have a word with you.
    tien is really strong i agree but krillen has been thru alot. he got his potential unlocked by guru. some people will also say uub is the strongest

Krillin beat Goku at the end of GT. He also mad Goku scream in pain just by throwing a rock at him.

Krillin is strongest in the uiniverse.

Going by training and fighting footage* I would say Tien, Krillin and Yamcha each have at least somewhat of a chance of beating the other in a fight.** One of them may be the best, but the gap appears to be pretty small. Overall I don't think the debate is that big of a deal.

*admittedly filler, but we have absolutely nothing else to go by here outside of.

** I am going by real world logic here. Just because someone is better doesn't mean they win every time.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Krillin beat Goku at the end of GT. He also mad Goku scream in pain just by throwing a rock at him.

Krillin is strongest in the uiniverse.
    I nearly got on you for that GT comment. Then you mentioned the rock. Good showing, sir.

UGH Don't get me started with Mr.Hercule, that guy freakin gets on my nerves, did any one see the One Piece/Toriko/Dragon Ball Z Crossover? Just as egotist as ever, takes the credit from not just Goku and friends this time but Luffy and Toriko too. I would have loved it if Luffy accidently hit Hercule in the face, it'd be so like him but give Hercule some pay back at the same time but No!! For some reason they keep letting the guy get away with this crap. I don't understand why the creator of Dragon Ball Z loves him so much, he said if he did continue on with the series it would have been about him, could not handle that blah.

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    it was ok didnt really care for it outside of the music.

So if dragonball z is ever brought back for new series (I know highly unlikely at this point at least that is what I think) what would you like to see? (besides being better than gt)

Me personally I would like to see a main antagonist who takes about 3 seasons or more to finally defeat said antagonist greatest strength would be his intellect which is the real reason he is so hard to defeat.
    Last edited by pokedigijedi; 13th June 2013 at 7:04 PM.

Did anyone watch the recent Dragon Ball Z movie, Battle of the Gods? I want to know what people thought of it. Was it fantastic? Was it awful? Based on the trailers, it looks like one of the best DBZ movies.

Credit: KimKutThroat

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by pokekid1 View Post
    Did anyone watch the recent Dragon Ball Z movie, Battle of the Gods? I want to know what people thought of it. Was it fantastic? Was it awful? Based on the trailers, it looks like one of the best DBZ movies.
    it sold so well that akira said hes going to start working on a new DBZ season so ya it was pretty good. its not out subbed yet tho so the people who watched it watched it pure japanese

Sorry to just but in but I am a huge dragonball z fan, I'm glad the movie did so well because now the new series can be made and we get the best anime in the world back, I hope they don't mess it up like GT and they can just keep the SS4 levels to give them a real advantage and awesome looking moves.

Well, most people consider GT non canon, so that means no SSJ 4. Which is ok, just make Vegeta SSJ 3 and Gohan return to his ultimate form
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

That's true, hopefully they can just start where it left off on the last episode of Z and just go on from there with a season long villain like they have been doing which really works because most people like that format.

I don't know abou you all but, personally I think yamcha and bulma breaking up in dbz was the BEST thing that ever happened in yamcha's life. mainly because their relationship was clearly an unhealthy one do to the fact he couldn't even look at a girl without her feeling like he was cheating on her!

Besides the Vegeta and Bulma pairing fit much better. I still lol at Gohan being drunk in the newest Dragonball movie.
    Last edited by J Ken; 16th July 2013 at 3:38 AM.
    The Groove Adventure RAVE

Chapters 21 of Pokémon Go! is up.

I agree, those two really had no business being together, Iean it didn't lead to anything storyline wise, the vegetta and bulma thing led to trunks and there a was a lot of story with that kid so a good trade up I agree.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast