Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball series discussion

Quote Originally Posted by kamoarc119 View Post
    That's true, all those fillers pretty much drew you into the stories and kept you entertained, and besides Kai didnt even reach the buu saga :-/
    Well, Kai's having the Buu saga now. So, that redeems it for continuation.

But, honestly I don't mind Kai. As long as the franchise is still continuing I'm happy.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 18th August 2013 at 4:21 AM.

That's good I'm glad they decided to do it but Kai just cuts it down to take all the mystery out of the show, I just don't want Kai to effect the new dragonball series they are producing and that they keep it with all the fillers that made the original DBZ awesome.

*Credit to SwornMetalhead at deaderic design for the aura banner, credit to astral shadow at the under for the buttons*

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama View Post
    Well, Kai's having the Buu saga now. So, that redeems it for continuation.

But, honestly I don't mind Kai. As long as the franchise is still continuing I'm happy.
    You do have a good point about keeping Dragonball alive. If it leads to a new spin off after it, I will be happier. But I just hate that it is not the Dragonball Z I grew up with.

Quote Originally Posted by kamoarc119 View Post
    That's good I'm glad they decided to do it but Kai just cuts it down to take all the mystery out of the show, I just don't want Kai to effect the new dragonball series they are producing and that they keep it with all the fillers that made the original DBZ awesome.
    I do hope that it does not effect a new series either. But it will most likely be on Nickelodeon. If they release an uncut and uncensored DVD set like they did with Dragonball and Dragonball Z, I wont conplanin about how it is aired.
    Last edited by johnebert91; 18th August 2013 at 4:59 AM.
    Looking for 2 SHINY SQUIRTLE and 1 SHINY BULBASAUR. I don't care about its stats or where it was born.
    I can breed any pokemon with 5ivs, Nature, ability (Available Hidden or not), and egg moves.

I don't work with 5th gen games.

Pm with offers

My safari: Shuppet; Pumpkaboo & spiritomb
    FC: 1779 1486 1744

I hope they do keep it off nickelodeon to make the show at least watchable, Kai is doing fine to keep the series going to those who never watched it back in the day, but hopefully the buu saga coming out will pave the way for more episodes coming out.

*Credit to SwornMetalhead at deaderic design for the aura banner, credit to astral shadow at the under for the buttons*

One of my favourite anime/ manga of all time. It started off in Dragon Ball as an excellent adventure series, focusing on the character's journey to get the Dragon Balls, before gradually shifting into a martial arts-based series, focusing on the World Martial Arts Tournament and the training that went on before hand, before finally shifting its focus to power aliens from outer space that threatened their existence. I found DB and DBZ thoroughly enjoyable.

However, like with Pokemon there were a few things that always bugged me. The Earthling characters I genuinely liked and enjoyed, such as Yamcha, Tien Shinhan, Chiaotzu and Yajirobe, were gradually outclassed and shelved for super, overpowered aliens like Vegeta, Kid Trunks and Goten. Vegeta is a great character though, so I can totally forgive them for that, but Kid Trunks and Goten are dreadful and can't be excused. Annoying how those two piss worms got lots of screen time during the Buu Saga.

Despite that little criticism though, DB and DBZ are two excellent series I can watch over and over. Dragon Ball GT is inexcusable though. Absolutely appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by MattySadler View Post
    The Earthling characters I genuinely liked and enjoyed, such as Yamcha, Tien Shinhan, Chiaotzu and Yajirobe, were gradually outclassed and shelved for super, overpowered aliens like Vegeta, Kid Trunks and Goten.
    Yeah...that always stuck out to me, virtually every human was useless. The aliens(Piccolo, Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, just about any antagonist) stole the show and humans just seemed like they were in the way most of the time to cry, be scared, get defeated or get killed by their vastly stronger intergalactic opponents.

I agree with the humans just taking up space but krillen, yamcha and tien are the exception no? They did out in work in the saiyan saga the other humans I guess are just used cuz it's earth and it would be sort of realistic IMO although it was no way near that lol

I think when Guru unlocked Krillin's power, it should of game him the ability to fight on par with the villians for the rest of series. Or at least make him useful in battle by outsmarting everyone and such.

oh well

Yeah, it would be nice to see Krillin hold his own against a powerful opponent, but the power levels in DBZ are crazy sometimes. Right after a new saga, the new villain is like 100 times stronger than the one before. Like Buuhan to Cell. I know that's supposed to happen, but I'd like if more than just Saiyans fought in major battles from time to time. I'm glad we got Uub for that though.

Yeah, it's a shame that they stopped calculating power levels after freeza, but as for krillen they could have made him stronger but no human can really compete with the enemies even with their power levels, the truest powerful enemy in DBZ IMO is the new one from the movie that came out.

Yeah, I heard Bills is beast. I saw how he handled Goku while he was in Super Saiyan 3. I really want to see the movie though. I heard it was supposed to be released in a cinema or something. It was awhile ago, so my memory is fuzzy. :/

Yeah it's true even at super saiyan god mode he couldn't win, but hopefully it does find it's a way to America and more people can watch it, at least until they figure out what's going on with the live action films.

When I referred to the Earthlings getting outclassed I specifically didn't mention Krillin as he was always involved and got a lot of screen time. It was only really by the last saga he dropped out, due to having a wife and child. Yamcha was always a bit of a loser but had good attacks (Wolf Fang Fist, Spirit Ball, etc), but it was just that he turned up for the Cell Games and said he wasn't going to fight which annoyed me. Tien is easily the strongest human, though arguably he isn't human. He trained non-stop throughout the series and the only time Krillin would've got near him was after his Guru powerup, but even then Tien would've got back in front. Tien was so good when he fought off Semi-Perfect Cell with his Neo Tri-Beam, and when he used it to stop Buu killing Gohan, etc, but he was never really that involved in DBZ.

Quote Originally Posted by MattySadler View Post
    When I referred to the Earthlings getting outclassed I specifically didn't mention Krillin as he was always involved and got a lot of screen time. It was only really by the last saga he dropped out, due to having a wife and child. Yamcha was always a bit of a loser but had good attacks (Wolf Fang Fist, Spirit Ball, etc), but it was just that he turned up for the Cell Games and said he wasn't going to fight which annoyed me. Tien is easily the strongest human, though arguably he isn't human. He trained non-stop throughout the series and the only time Krillin would've got near him was after his Guru powerup, but even then Tien would've got back in front. Tien was so good when he fought off Semi-Perfect Cell with his Neo Tri-Beam, and when he used it to stop Buu killing Gohan, etc, but he was never really that involved in DBZ.
    Krillin's leave due to 18 and his kid were strange, given Vegeta and Goku were in the exact same position.

As for Battle of the Gods, I heard it's in the process of being subbed so once it finally comes out I'll be all over it. As for Bills, the new villain, his power level is ridiculous seeing him simply play around with SSJ3 Goku so easily was really weird. Sometimes I feel like power levels in this show are just too convoluted. DBZ is a show that relies heavily on "there's always someone better."

Well, about Krillin 'giving' up on fighting is kind of understandable. He got married and he wanted to settle down and live a 'normal' life like Earthlings. This image especially. And since Goku and Vegeta are Saiyans, it's only natural to see them still fighting since they love to fight.

Is it true? Is Dragon Ball really getting another series? I keep hearing these rumors of that, I hope it's nothing like those specials we had, I wasn't a fan of them.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Is it true? Is Dragon Ball really getting another series? I keep hearing these rumors of that, I hope it's nothing like those specials we had, I wasn't a fan of them.
    I honestly have no idea. People say there's going to be one, but I haven't seen any confirmation. :/

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    What we do know is that the creator is seriously considering to bringing it back since the success of the new movie was so good but it eont feature anything from gt but its all unconfirmed at this point so no real answer sorry, I think ssj3 god mode is a must see for anyone so I can't wait for the movie to come out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama View Post
    I honestly have no idea. People say there's going to be one, but I haven't seen any confirmation. :/
    I remember seeing that as well, but I can't find it anymore. If it does get a new series, I hope it is far into the future. Kinda tired of Goku beating everyone. His time was supposed to be done after the Cell saga.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    I remember seeing that as well, but I can't find it anymore. If it does get a new series, I hope it is far into the future. Kinda tired of Goku beating everyone. His time was supposed to be done after the Cell saga.
    I'm a bit in the middle. I do want others to get major wins in battles to save the world or universe. But, Goku is probably the only fighting protagonist that doesn't annoy me, so I can deal with him racking up wins. I'm going both ways on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    I get what your saying about going pretty much just taking out the evil and getting all the glory, but in all fairness he is the face of the franchise so it'll benefit them more to have him winning all the time with exception of him getting pewned in the movie lol

Watched Battle of the Gods, simply enjoyed it a great deal. Bills was a really entertaining antagonist and I really liked him a lot, he felt more like an anti-villain than a straight up doom and gloom villain.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 24th September 2013 at 3:07 AM.

I saw it a while ago but w.e, I didn't really enjoy the movie that much. The fight scene in the city was cool, along with vegeta but that was about it.

Dragon Ball vs Dragon Ball Z??? Any thoughts?
    Check out my TRADE SHOP here - Click Here
    Time Zone = GMT (+/- 0:00) Playing on Pokemon X

Shiny count x10

Well, I like Dragon Ball Z more because people are more experienced, there's a larger rooster of heroes and villains also the fights seem more epic to me. And it's where Android #17 and #18 were introduced and they're my favorite characters in the franchise. <3

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast