Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nostalgia: things you miss most about your childhood.

Default nostalgia: things you miss most about your childhood.

The best/worst childhood memories got me thinking, about how much I absolutely miss the crap out of so many things. 90's Nickelodeon. Big bulky Game Boys. Class Christmas parties in elementary school. My parents taking me trick-or treating. First generation Pokemon games *sniffle*

What T.V. shows/movies/stuff about being a little kid do you miss the most.?

Being innocent of just how terrible the world really is. That and not argueing about politics with certain people every day.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

Quote Originally Posted by SoulMuse View Post
    Being innocent of just how terrible the world really is. That and not argueing about politics with certain people every day.
    lol politics. during the bush vs.kerry election I was happy bush won because I thought he looked nicer.
    obviously one of the things you learn as you grow up is, looks aren't everything xD clearly.

My 20/20 vision....

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    My 20/20 vision....
    That is a good point. Glasses are a major annoyance.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

Mass shootings being a shocking and incomprehensible rarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Mass shootings being a shocking and incomprehensible rarity.
    Damn. You must be 80 years old or something.

Actually, I just looked it up. Apparently the first known mass shooting at a school in the US was in 1891. Jesus fucking Christ, you're old.
    Last edited by SugarFreeJazz; 20th December 2012 at 4:00 AM.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Quote Originally Posted by SugarFreeJazz View Post
    Damn. You must be 80 years old or something.

Actually, I just looked it up. Apparently the first known mass shooting at a school in the US was in 1891. Jesus fucking Christ, you're old.
    Oh, ho, ho. You zinged me right back.

lol, they certainly used to be more rare, that's for sure.

lol school shootings.
    The average person after entering #spp-misc
    3DS Friend Code 4656-5949-1831

Remember when the days were long and rolled beneath a deep blue sky? Didn't have a care in the world, with mommy and daddy standing by. That's what I miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Oh, ho, ho. You zinged me right back.
    Did I miss something? I don't get it.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Turning on the TV early in the morning and hearing a new song and watching a new music video on any channel. Cha Cha Slide ftw!

Ever get those moments where you feel real nostalgic for the good ol' days, then you look at pictures from back then, and just wonder, "was that seriously me a couple of years ago"?

So I guess what I'm most nostalgic for is those times in my life when I was naive enough not to realize how ridiculous I was. That and the very short pocket of time when I could watch Pokémon without either the fear of YTV rescheduling it to some time it would never tell me up front, or the scoffing cynics at Serebii picking it apart to the point that it isn't fun anymore.

*cough* >_>
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

I miss one thing, and one thing only: How bright and vibrant the colors used to be. Is it me, or does the saturation of everything just sort of stagnate as you age?

The sky seems more and more cyan, for one thing. I recall a time when it actually looked blue, but then again, most of my childhood was spent in an area that wasn't labelled with the second-worst air quality in the nation. For me, I'm nostalgic for all the pretty colors of life. I couldn't afford mass media products like Video Games and movies, and I still own my toys - At this point, I'm more of a chronologically backwards individual, since a lot of the things I play are really old. Perhaps I'm compensating for a horrible childhood.

And that's really what my childhood was - horrible. My parents were still getting used to dealing with, well... Me, and I ended up the victim of chin fractures, spiders, big angry dogs, achluophobia, bees, eating my own sewage and locking myself in a car on a hot summer day.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

^ How old are you? I've found that I've actually been able to appreciate the colours of spring and autumn progressively more in my more recent years. Maybe it has something to do with getting a much better camera for my 18th birthday. If you're in your later 20s or older, that just might be a worrying comment for me.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

^ To be honest with you, though I love to draw a lot, I have noticed that colors have become more dull-looking as I got older, but it was mostly dependent on my mood. Or it's because I just have bad eyesight, and/or my glasses keep getting smudged and they tend to darken up at the most random times. Either way, I think it's somewhat normal...

Can I say I miss everything about my childhood because I can't choose a specific thing or two? I was a pretty happy kid.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I miss Ploids.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulMuse View Post
    That is a good point. Glasses are a major annoyance.
    This.

I miss one Saturday morning on ABC.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

when my friends didn't know anything and didn't act like total d0ucheb@gs
    FC: 2967 6468 9106
    If you believe in Flying Spaghetti Monster put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because he says, `If you deny me, I will deny you in front the beer volcano

Credit to eeveelover824
    My x and y shinies: froakie (193 eggs MM), Mime Jr (RE), Volbeat (RE)
        Spoiler:- Assorted chain sig stuff:

I miss just being younger in general. I miss preschool, elementary school in general (except for 3rd-5th grade, those were awful except for my fourth grade teacher who I still miss to this day ), not having to write essays, playing with toys, etc. I am still naive and I know it.
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

I remember my life before 3rd grade being awesome, playing Sapphire and FireRed, playing at the flash games i'd find on the internet, building stuff with my legos, remember playing CoD (NOT USING MIC!) before it sucked(*cough*MW3*cough*), then I had to switch schools after 2nd grade due to the school closing and learned that 98.7% of homo sapiens are mentally challenged.

I miss taking theatre lessons and language classes. Those were among my favorite classes other than math and science.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Man, I miss my childhood alot. I get used to do many things, for example I miss my Gameboys with my Pokemon games, my N64(which selling it was one of the worst decisions I ever made) Also, playng Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot in PS1. Watching Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-G-Oh, Dragon Ball Z, etc. Also Playing american football which is my favorite sport, also soccer. Going to the park and parties with my friends and cousins. As well by that time, it was more peaceful comparing right now. In my country we are having lots of problems. So I really want to return to my childhood.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Childhood nostalgia? Three words: Nestle Wonder Ball.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast