Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Fanfiction Awards: NOMINATIONS

Overall Fiction Awards

Best Pokemon Chaptered Fic -

Nomination Number One
    Survival Project, by diamondpearl876. Probably one of the most original stories I have ever read, Pokemon oriented or otherwise. The characters will enrage you, and warm your heart. Beautifully described and wonderfully written, this story has characters that verge on being perfect. The characters hold this story together in a web of flaws, dreams, and hope in a way that is hard to match.

Nomination Number Two
    Anima Ex Machina, by JX Valentine. If you want a thrill ride full of character struggle, amazingly descriptive battles, and an intricate plot that sucks you in deeper with every chapter, then look no further. Not only is JX Valentine one of the most talented authors I've ever seen, but her fic has depth and emotion that can't be fully explained until you read it.

Best Pokemon One-Shot -

The Motionless Journey of Youngster Ian, by Psychic. Wonderfully written and incredibly original, Psychic takes a look at a mechanic in the games that I had never thought about. While parts of the story made me laugh, other parts made me sad, while a lot of it just weirded me out in a very pleasant way.

Best Non-Pokemon Chaptered Fic -

Best Non-Pokemon One-Shot -

Other Fic Awards

Best Plot - Brother's Bond, by Sid87. Characters who act on something solely out of love usually rub me the wrong way; but not here. The gorgeous story that Sid87 has created makes you believe in a bond that you can't touch or see. By far one of my favorite stories on the board, and I still get excited for every chapter.

Most Original Overall - Anima Ex Machina, by JX Valentine. Out of all the fic's I read, this by far takes the cake for originality. Aliens, mutation, violence, endless forests, etc. How could you go wrong?

Best Writing Style - JX Valentine, The Leaf Green Incident

Best Description - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Overthrown, by Knightfall

Best Setting - Revenant, by SilentMemento

Best Expansion of Canon -

Best Character Development - Sammy Stark, Brother's Bond, by Sid87

Best Characterization in a Short Story -

Best Romantic Relationship - Bill/Lanette, Anima Ex Machina, by JX Valentine. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks they actually have a relationship haha. It could be said that they don't, but when I think of Best Romantic Relationship, they are instantly where my mind goes. Sure, Bill may be somewhat transformed, and Lanette gets pretty violent with him quite often, but I believe there is a very obvious love beneath everything happening in this story that really inspires.

Best Non-Romantic Relationship/Interaction - Barry and Sammy, Brother's Bond, by Sid87. From the fights, to the bonding moments, to the sarcasm or the hilarious back and forth's, these two really crack me up

Best Original Species - The Ixodida, Anima Ex Machina, by JX Valentine. Seriously, like anyone else could even come close to topping these horribly awesome creatures.

Most Suspenseful Fic - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Overthrown, by Knightfall. From paragraph to paragraph while reading this fic, I usually inch closer and closer to the screen to the point that I start seeing spots. So yeah, pretty suspenseful.

Most Heartbreaking Fic - Survival Project, by diamondpearl876. Only fic this year that has actually made me sniffle

Pokemon Genre Awards

Best Trainer Fic - Brother's Bond, by Sid87. For all the reasons I listed before, and so many more. If you are reading this then you are hereby commanded to read this story

Best Horror Fic - Revenant, by SilentMemento. Space. Pokemon. Suicide. Murder. Dreams that you read about that give you ACTUAL nightmares. Blood. Kthnx

Best Comedy Fic - 404 Error, by Missingno. Master. Though I've never commented on his work, Missingno. Master writes a wonderful tale full of Glitch Pokemon and hilarious facepalm moments. I'm not really into Comedy, but this has me hooked.

Best Fantasy/Sci-Fi Fic - Revenant, by SilentMemento. Easily the best in this genre, SilentMemento will take you on a terrifying thrill ride into space and into a person that'll shake you down to your bones!

Best Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Fic - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Overthrown, by Knightfall. To be completely honest, I'm not too crazy about the PMD games, or even really the fics, but this one changed my mind on the entire concept. Thrilling characters, addictive battles, and casual heroics all combine to make this a very compelling story. Bought my first PMD game two weeks ago haha

Best Pokemon-Centric - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Overthrown, by Knightfall

Best Canon Character-Centric -

Character Awards

Best Human Main Character - Sammy Stark, Brother's Bond, by Sid87. This was hard for me at first. I tried to think of the qualities that would be needed for someone to win this, but I couldn't figure out what they were. So I thought about out of all the fic's I read, who I would trust the most to show compassion, decency, love, and respect to anyone. That right there is Sammy Stark.

Best Non-Human Main Character - Senori, Survival Project, by diamondpearl876. This is a no-brainer for me, and anyone who hasn't checked out this character yet needs to get on it. Fantastically deep and overwhelmingly personal, Senori is a Pokemon that anyone can relate to and care about.

Best Human Supporting Character - Glover, As the World Turns Back Around, by Glover. From the love for his daughter that bleeds across the screen, to his plethora of amazing Pokemon and his can-do attitude, Glover is one of the biggest things that holds this story together.

Best Non-Human Supporting Character - Tiny, As the World Turns Back Around, by Glover. Completely hilarious and prone to all sorts of endearing moments.

Best Human Villain -

Best Non-Human Villain -

Best Minor Character -

Funniest Character - Orange, 404 Error, by Missingno. Master

Fic Moments Awards

Funniest Scene -

Most Frightening Scene -

Most Heartbreaking Scene -

Most Heartwarming Scene -

Best Action Scene -

Best Cliffhanger -

Most Memorable Quote - Brother's Bond, by Sid87
    “I’m gonna terrorize all the ecos!”
    Author Awards

Best Established Writer - Dragonfree. She has one of my favorite trainer stories, and has been writing it for a LONG time

Best New Writer -

Most Dedicated Writer - FlamingRuby...No matter how many chapters that he/she puts out that don't get reviewed, he/she keeps on going. I love it

Most Improved Writer - Doryuzu...Gotta agree with DP here. Though he/she still has a ways to go, I keep getting impressed by how hard she/he tries

Reviewer Awards

Most Helpful Reviewer - Sid87. Always points out grammar mistakes and oversights on my part. He always devotes a lot of time to my story when reviewing. That alone deserves a nomination from me, but after shooting through the board for so long and seeing that he does it for so many people, really means he deserves it

Most Dedicated Reviewer - diamondpearl876. Usually the first one to review every time I put out a chapter. Since she started reviewing my fic, she hasn't missed a single one. Love it
    Last edited by Sidewinder; 13th February 2013 at 3:40 AM.

An Ancient Treasure, a Terrible Price. Take the Risk, Eat the World
    (Final Chapter added 05-15-2014)

-Thanks to PopPrincess_Lyra for the amazing banner-

Subject to editing in the future.

Overall Fiction Awards
    Best Pokemon Chaptered Fic - Survival Project by diamondpearl876

Best Pokemon One-Shot

Best Non-Pokemon Chaptered Fic

Best Non-Pokemon One-Shot

Other Fic Awards
    Best Plot

Most Original Overall - Survival Project by diamondpearl876 as well as Forsaken by Kutie Pie.

Best Writing Style

Best Description

Best Setting

Best Expansion of Canon

Best Character Development

Best Characterization in a Short Story

Best Romantic Relationship

Best Non-Romantic Relationship/Interaction

Best Original Species

Most Suspenseful Fic

Most Heartbreaking Fic

Pokemon Genre Awards
    Best Trainer Fic - Operation GEAR: The Angel of Reckoning (R) by The Great Butler

Best Horror Fic

Best Comedy Fic

Best Fantasy/Sci-Fi Fic

Best Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Fic

Best Pokemon-Centric

Best Canon Character-Centric

Character Awards

Best Human Main Character

Best Non-Human Main Character - Shiftry from Requiem by Sidewinder

Best Human Supporting Character

Best Non-Human Supporting Character

Best Human Villain

Best Non-Human Villain

Best Minor Character - Golduck from Requiem by Sidewinder

Funniest Character

Fic Moments Awards

Funniest Scene

Most Frightening Scene

Most Heartbreaking Scene

Most Heartwarming Scene

Best Action Scene

Best Cliffhanger

Most Memorable Quote

Author Awards

Best Established Writer

Best New Writer

Most Dedicated Writer

Most Improved Writer

Reviewer Awards

Most Helpful Reviewer - Sid87

Most Dedicated Reviewer
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 13th January 2013 at 12:23 AM.

i never really do these things but i thought eh why not i have my favourites

Other Fic Awards

Most Original Overall - Crack'd, or How the Love of Seafood Saved Unova
    Best Writing Style - Pokemon: Tyson's Journey!
    Best Description - Jay's Journey through the Henzo Region
    Best Expansion of Canon = Max's New Adventures

Pokemon Genre Awards
    Best Trainer Fic - Jay's Journey through the Henzo Region
    Best Comedy Fic - Crack'd, or How the Love of Seafood Saved Unova

Character Awards
    Best Human Main Character - 'Max' - Max's New Adventures
    Best Human Supporting Character - 'Murdock' - Jay's Journey through the Henzo Region
    Best Non-Human Supporting Character - Hitmonchan - Pokemon: Tyson's Journey!
    Funniest Character - 'Murdock' - Jay's Journey through the Henzo Region

Fic Moments Awards

Funniest Scene - haha i will always remember this scene, i honestly thought something scary was gunna happen! -- Jay's Journey through the Henzo Region

Spoiler:- Funniest Moment:

Author Awards
    Best Established Writer - TheSirPeras
    Best New Writer - LadyLady
    Most Dedicated Writer - RealRaymon
    Most Improved Writer - LadyLady

Quote Originally Posted by JX Valentine View Post
    Most Improved Writer
    Deadly.Braviary. Okay, yes, another author I didn't talk about that much here, but I have to say this anyway. Last year, I didn't really give Deadly much of a second glance. This year? Suddenly deep, interesting plots and well-written prose. Probably helps that Deus X Machina is a really well-written fic.

... OMG.

Just... zomg.

JAX nominated me.

JAX.

*faints of happiness*

Side note: it's just too bad that DXM happened to die out. If you did enjoy it, you should check out my FF.Net profile. I've got two stories on there, one which is quite new and one which is almost finished. (Neither Pokemon related though).

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by JX Valentine View Post
    Best Non-Pokémon Chaptered Fic
    First nomination:
    Deus X Machina by Deadly.Braviary. It's a robot uprising described in short, very powerful bursts. For that reason, from the very start, it catches your attention and holds it like a vice.

Best Non-Human Villain
    First nomination:
    The Machines, Deus X Machina by Deadly.Braviary. Oh God, all of them are chill-inducing. From the calm and calculating 4242 to S.H.A.W.'s chilling message to humanity, all of the Machines are positively terrifying as well as completely and beautifully alien.
    Jax nominated me not once but... THRICE? :O

My noms are comin' soon, watch this space.

EDIT:

Best Pokemon Chaptered Fic
    The Legend's End, by Scaldaver
    Semipostapocalyptic Hoenn ... evil, evil legendary killer ... Wow, this is too good for words.

Crack'd, by Cutlerine
    The Cutlerine delivers yet another fantastic epic, this time adapting the storyline of Black and White. Peppered with quasi-demons, black humour, and cats, this story would win the 'Most Appropriate Title' award as well (if there was one).

Best Plot
    404 Error, by Missingno. Master
    A witty story set in a version of Kanto populated almost entirely by glitch Pokemon. What happens when Red, an ordinary trainer from the 'real' Kanto falls into Tanko with his Charmander? Hilarity, that's what.

Most Original Overall
    Carry on, Blissey, by ChloboShoka
    It's a medical drama, with nurse Blissey as the eponymous protagonist. It makes several nods to game and anime canon, and yet remains a wholly unexpected work. No genre can categorise this.

Best Setting
    Crack'd, by Cutlerine
    It's Unova, but Unova as you've never seen it before! Regenschein's, the friendly neighbourhood Black City department store, brings Chaos upon us all right before the pagan festival of Eostre, and the world switches itself at midnight, when all that resembles the events of Pokemon Black, becomes the property of Pokemon White!

The ... Actually, IDEK what it's called ... the universe of PMD: Overthrown, by Knightfall. Yeah, that should be OK.
    This is a fantastic, insane, surreal, horrifying, brilliant place. It is pure magic. The characters in it are either as crazy as the universe itself, or more crazy than that. And, I being the lover of insanity I am, nominate this universe for this award because ... Gah. You read the fic and tell me I shouldn't nominate it.

Best Expansion of Canon
    Crack'd, by Cutlerine
    This is the fourth time I'm nominating this story. Go back and read all the descriptions. Now come back and tell me it doesn't deserve this as well.

Best Romantic Relationship
    Violet and Orange, 404 Error, by Missingno. Master
    It's fun to watch these childhood friends bicker, all the while thinking, "Yep... He likes her," so that you smugly grin and watch their friendship becomes a relationship reminiscent of Ron and Hermione.

Sammy and Tommy, Brothers' Bond, by Sid87
    How far would you go to save your brother? That is the entire plot of this story in a nutshell, and this fic shows a brilliant relationship between two fantastically real brothers. Bro in a coma? No problem, I'll just hop over to Sinnoh, catch a couple of legendaries, and come back and fix stuff.

Best Original Species
    Smogons, The Epic of Epicness, by Missingno. Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    "Smogons are Pokémon trainers," explained Miror B. "Or at least, they were. According to legend, when a Pokémon trainer allows his or her zealous desire to become the best get the better of them, over the years they undergo a sort of transformation, and become this less-than-human thing. When one challenges you to a battle, you cannot refuse, and if you lose, you become one of them. Moreover, they use these strange powers of theirs to impose ridiculous restrictions on the battles they wage, such as, no one side can have more than one Pokémon asleep at the same time, not counting Pokémon using Rest." ... "What's more, Smogons have no emotions, other than a desire to battle and win," continued Miror B. "They do not feel, so any attempts to appeal to any part of them that may still be human are futile. They have no emotional connection to their Pokémon whatsoever, and this emotionless state eventually spreads to the Pokémon."

"So they don't have souls," Cheeseball stated.

"Essentially, yes," Miror B. nodded.
    That extract about sums it up.

Best Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Fic
    PMD: Overthrown, by Knightfall
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon fics aren't a rare breed, but PMD with an insane Metagross? Plus, it also has Gear, one of my favourite characters, the eternal 'good cop' Magnezone. But, because this fic is twisted, bad stuff happens to everyone. For example, take Leo. He used to be human, now he's a Charmeleon. Then he's 'employed' by a freaky voice in his head. That's how grippingly surreal this fic is.

Best Trainer Fic
    404 Error, by Missingno. Master
    A glitch-infested version of Kanto, with two constantly arguing childhood friends and a hapless trainer from the more familiar version of Kanto journeying through it. As they try to defeat gyms, they also contend with two villainous teams at war with each other, Debug and Error, which are fighting against and for the glitch Pokemon respectively.

The Legend's End, by Scaldaver
    It's not just a trainer fic. It's so much more than that. The characters are real and flawed, and you want so much to believe that they'll survive their next battle, because, keeping with the 'dark-and-gritty' theme, there's also a legendary-killer out there, and it's the job of the protagonists to unite the other legends in battle against this killer. And they want the badges too!

Roots, by Mrs. Lovett
    An origin story which is a trainerfic as well, Roots gives us the story of Michael Rowan, rebellious teenager and expert strategist, and his adventures through Sinnoh. Complete with glitchy Pokedex prototypes and Team Galactic, this is simply a damn good story.

Best Non-Human Main Character
    The child, Salvage, by Negrek
    Yeah, it's called the child. It impersonates dead people. It punches Charizards and PokeDex machines. You don't know its name, its gender, its motivation to do what it does. But still, somehow, whether you believe it's 'good' or 'evil', you want to see more of it.

Barry West, Brothers' Bond, Sid87
    Yeah, he's crazy. And he does stupid crap like throwing a sailor overboard into freezing, freezing water, and saying, "I'm gonna terrorize all the ecos." But he's a quirky, fun guy, and when he needs to be serious, the stuff he says is right from the heart, you can tell. But when he's not serious ... he's still a lot of fun.

Best Non-Human Villain
    Teiresias, Crack'd, by Cutlerine
    The first time you meet Teiresias, it's a blind, scarred, and extremely freaky Liepard.     Spoiler:- Spoilered so as to not spoil the plot for anyone who hasn't read the story::

And, seeing as Crack'd isn't finished yet, I think I can safely bet that this particular villain is going to get even freakier.

Most Memorable Quote
        Spoiler:- 404 Error, Missingno. Master:

Best Established Writer
    Cutlerine

Most Helpful Reviewer
    Knightfall
    Psychic
    Last edited by Deadly.Braviary; 22nd February 2013 at 12:59 PM.

plot, bounty hunters, crazed tax collectors
    a journeyfic by the most improved writer of 2012, second place
    what more could you want?

the Writers of Justice + the Fanfiction Mafia

banner and userbar by the fantastic Brutaka

PokeCommunity . Writers of Justice . FanFiction.Net

Default Shadow Lucario 50's Nomination Form

I'll fill out as many as I can. And yes, Shadow Lucarios are taking over Serebii on the Fanfics. Beware...

This may be edited with additions later on, so I will leave a comment notifying of any changes this form runs through.

If you would like me to expand on details, please send a message to my account privately so it doesn't fill the thread up with an unnecessary comment.

Overall Fiction Awards
    Best Pokemon Chaptered Fic - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Overthrown by Knightfall

Best Pokemon One-Shot

Best Non-Pokemon Chaptered Fic

Best Non-Pokemon One-Shot

Other Fic Awards
    Best Plot - Through the Thunder and the Lightning by Brutaka

Most Original Overall - A Different Kind of PMD Story (A Vulpix Tail) by Brutaka

Best Writing Style - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Journal by pokenutter

Best Description - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Overthrown by Knightfall

Best Setting

Best Expansion of Canon

Best Characterization in a Short Story

Best Romantic Relationship - Through the Thunder and the Lightning by Brutaka
    Sparky x April = Strange yet Cute

Best Original Species

Most Suspenseful Fic

Most Heartbreaking Fic

Pokemon Genre Awards
    Best Trainer Fic

Best Horror Fic

Best Comedy Fic

Best Fantasy/Sci-Fi Fic

Best Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Fic - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Overthrown by Knightfall

Best Pokemon-Centric

Character Awards

Best Non-Human Main Character

Best Human Villain

Best Non-Human Villain

Best Minor Character

Funniest Character

Fic Moments Awards
    Funniest Scene

Most Frightening Scene

Most Heartbreaking Scene

Most Heartwarming Scene

Best Action Scene

Best Cliffhanger

Most Memorable Quote

Author Awards
    Best Established Writer

Best New Writer

Most Dedicated Writer - Knightfall

Most Improved Writer

Reviewer Awards
    Most Helpful Reviewer

Most Dedicated Reviewer - Shadow Lucario
    Last edited by Shadow Lucario 50; 28th January 2013 at 4:23 AM. Reason: Making it more pretty.
    - Chapter 5 in Progress
    Banners by Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by Knightfall
    Beginning of a grand adventure doesn't do it justice. It's something far greater than that.
        Spoiler:- Previous Banner by Brutaka:

Okayyy, I'm just going to delete the last 10 posts for the simple reason that they are not asking about the nomination process in itself or not nominations (ie off topic). Please don't post here saying that you hope your fic will be nominated as it comes off as seeming like a plea or advertising for that to be done, and don't post here saying 'I don't think that ought to be nominated anyways' because that's not up to you but the people nominating (provided they follow the rules and aren't just doing it on request, etc), especially if it hasn't been nominated anyways.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Other Fics
    Unfortunately Blue | Notice: Keep Out | Turnabout Assumptions
    Song Parodies | Snapshots | Fairy Tale (new!)

Check out this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut? Check the forums too!
    Current article: From RSE to ORAS - Top Ten Wanted Improvements!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Do we have to link the fics we nominate? If so ill edit mine later.

Overall fiction awards

Best pokemon chaptered fic- The Human Species by Shadedskies

Second nomination- The Legend's End by Scaldaver

Best pokemon oneshot- The Leaf Green Incident by JX Valentine

Other fic awards

Best plot- Pokemon mystery dungeon: Overthrown by Knightfall

Second nomination- Roots by Mrs. Lovett

Most original overall- The motionless journey of Youngster Ian by Psychic

Second nomination- The Legends End by Scaldaver

Best description- The Pokemon Academy by King of Hearts

Best setting- Roots by Mrs. Lovett

Best character development- Michael Rowan in Roots by Mrs. Lovett

Most suspenseful fic- The Human Species by Shadedskies

second nomination- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Overthrown by Knightfall

Pokemon Genre Awards

Best Horror fic- The Leaf Green Incident by JX Valentine

Best Fantasy/ sci- fi fic- Anima Ex Machina by JX Valentine

Best pokemon mystery dungeon fic- Pokemon mystery dungeon: Overthrown by Knightfall

Best pokemon centric- The Human Species by Shadedskies

Fic Moment Awards

Funniest scene- The funniest thing I've read on the forum-

Zub made a gesture at his empty belt loop to indicate he had no Pokémon.

The man’s eyes narrowed, dangerously so. “I see. I win through forfeit,” he whispered. “Now I, as required by the League, have to mug you.”

“Wait wait wait wait!” exclaimed Death, reappearing in front of Zub, donning a pair of what appeared to be Pikachu ears.. “I’m a Pokémon! I’m Pikachu!” Realizing his mistake, he changed his brilliantly balck robe into an outfit resembling a Pikachu. “Pika pika,” he added helpfully.

The man’s eyes lit up once more. “A POGEYMAN! AND IT IS CUUU~UTE!” groping his belt for his Pokéball, he promptly threw it, releasing a Magikarp.

“Oo, this’ll be fun!” exclaimed Zub’s ‘Pikachu’. “Especially after he called me ‘cute’.”

“EXCELLENT!” said their opponent giddily. “MAGIKARP, USE YOUR ♥FANTABULOUS♥ SPLASH ATTACK!”

The Magikarp’s eyes narrowed. Lightning and thunder struck from a distance. The fish Pokémon rose up into the sky, blue streams of light flowing over it. More lightning.

Death whistled. “Our special effects guy better not blow the budget on this fish.”

Magikarp, faster than a speeding Remoraid, sped to Death, unleashing its ultimate attack….

Magikarp flailed a little bit, then fell over on the ground, gasping for air. Death gave a confused glance over to Zub, then punted Magikarp away, instantly defeating it.

“HYOOOOOOOI!” screamed their opponent, doubling over as if he was hit in the groin with something heavy. “MY POGEYMAN!”

“Do we win?” asked Death in a nonchalant manner.

“NO!” screamed the man. “I HAVE FIVE MORE OF THESE THINGS!”

Death frowned. After a moment of thinking, he came up with a solution. “Would you like a hug from this ADOWABLE Pikachu?”
    “Boy howdy!” shouted the man, and ran up to hug Death, where he dropped dead.

“There we go,” said Death , grabbing the man’s remaining Pokeballs. “Who’s up for grilled fish for dinner?”
    From Zub: The adventure of stuff by Zibdas

Most Memorable Quote
    “What do you want?”

“I have a mission for you Koga.”

Blaine went on to describe how he had invented a weapon in his hidden laboratory on Cinnabar Island. He described the nature of the weapon and it’s purpose, much to Koga’ shock and delight. Blaine then described the mission and how the weapon would be put to use. Koga was visibly excited with this news and this very much annoyed Blaine. He found Koga a disgusting specimen of a human being. A man who takes pleasure out of killing is a warped and twisted man thought Blaine, as Koga excitedly began preparing for the mission.

“How can you sleep at night?” Blaine asked.

“Ha, you’re disgusted by me, aren’t you?” Koga said, smiling.

“Yes. You’re a ninja. A man who kills people under the disguise of shadows and darkness. How is that honourable?”

“And yet, you’re a scientist. A man who kills people under the disguise of knowledge and discovery. You are no different to me.”

“What on earth do you mean?” Blaine suddenly yelled.

“The weapon I’m going to use in this mission. I may be the one using it but you are the one who created it. If you made the gun, you are no better than the man who pulls the trigger.”
    From War of the champions by Miror B

Character awards

Best non-human main character- Lucario in the Human Species

Author awards

Best established writer- Chibi Pika

Best new writer- Knightfall

Second nomination- King of Hearts

Most dedicated writer- Mrs Lovett

second nomination- Chibi Pika
    Last edited by T-Bolt; 11th February 2013 at 12:22 PM.

Wow, can't believe I nearly forgot to do this.

Best Pokemon Chaptered Fic: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms by ESPNfanatic35; Broken Promise: The Story of Ash's Pidgeot by ArticunoRocks

Best Plot: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms by ESPNfanatic35

Most Original Overall: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms by ESPNfanatic35

Best Comedy Fic: The Retelling of Pokemon Colosseum by bobandbill

Best Human Main Character: Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms; Hilda in ClicheStorm by Ysavvryl

Best Non-Human Main Character: Kyurem in ClicheStorm

Best Human Supporting Character: Miror B. in The Retelling of Pokemon Colosseum

Funniest Character: Wes's Yanma in The Retelling of Pokemon Colosseum; Jack Sparrow's Zorua in Pirates of the Caribbean; The Creature of Storms

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 10 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Just a heads-up for everyone: the nomination period is tentatively set to end on Wednesday of next week, so please look over your submission forms and fill in anything that's still missing.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 14: The Pursuit of the Truth
    Next: The Bard and the Diva

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I edited my nominations, so just a heads up.
    Probably will be the last one too, so yeah.
    And I fixed another category as well. I forget the heading for the category so it made it seem like it was for the previous category as well.
    ~Author's Profile||~||Art Shop~
    ~rTTL: Chapter 3: 22% ||~|~|~|| rAVT : Chapter 2: 0%~

I've edited my post too with a few more categories.

EDIT: and I have finished with all the fics I'm nominating.
    Last edited by T-Bolt; 11th February 2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: more edits

Overall Fiction Awards

Best Pokemon Chaptered Fic - The Human Species by ShadedSkies

Best Pokemon One-shot - The Leaf Green Incident by JX Valentine

Other Fic Awards

Most Original Overall - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Overthrown by Knightfall

Best Description - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Overthrown by Knightfall

Pokemon Genre Awards

Best Horror Fic - The Leaf Green Incident by JX Valentine

Best Comedy Fic - Crack'd, or How the Love of Seafood Saved Unova by Cutlerine

Best Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Fic - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Overthrown by Knightfall

Fic Moments Awards

Most Frightening Scene -

Spoiler:- ...:

From The Leaf Green Incident by JX Valentine

Most Memorable Quote -

Spoiler:- ...:

From Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Overthrown by Knightfall

Author Awards

Best New Writer - Knightfall

Note: I don't know if Knightfall is new enough for this award. If not, then ignore this last one.
    ~Fact of the Whenever~
    Life gives you lemons because a large portion of humanity wasn't thankful for the grapes it already had. Please treat all fruit with respect.

Other Fic Awards

Most Original Overall: First Nomination: The Leaf Green Incident by JX Valentine.

Second Nomination: Salvage by Negrek.

Best Writing Style: My Trip to the End of Time, by Pearl Gideon by Cutlerine.

Best Expansion of Canon: First Nomination:The Motionless Journey of Youngster Ian by Psychic.

Second Nomination: The Leaf Green Incident by JX Valentine.

Best Characterization in a Short Story: Story Two: The Stars Call For You, Book of the Hermit, by JX Valentine.

Most Heartbreaking Fic: First Nomination: Seeker of Heaven by Ysavvryl.

Second Nomination: Butterfree by Dragonfree

Character Awards

Best Non-Human Villain: Iago, My Trip to the End of Time, by Pearl Gideon by Cutlerine.

Funniest Character: First Nomination: Barry West, Brother’s Bond by Sid87.

Second Nomination: Bebe, Story One: Noodle Incident , Book of the Hermit by JX Valentine.

Fic Moments Awards

Most Heartbreaking Scene:     Spoiler:- Seeker evolves after giving up her dreams and Cyrus sees it as evidence that emotions don’t matter:

Seeker of Heaven by Ysavvryl

Best Cliffhanger:     Spoiler:- Bill declares war:

Anima Ex Machina by JX Valentine

Most Memorable Quote:
    “I’m gonna terrorize all the ecos!”
    Brother’s Bond by Sid87

Author Awards
    Best Established Writer: JX Valentine, Dragonfree

Best New Writer: Sid87, Sidewinder

Reviewer Awards
    Most Helpful Reviewer: Psychic

(Yeah, I probably should have filled out more categories, but a lot nominations I was thinking about for the remaining ones have already been nominated by other people, so they’re technically on the ballot anyway./excuse)
    Last edited by Ememew; 12th February 2013 at 7:12 AM. Reason: making it easier to read where I had two nominations
    Oh, look! I wrote a fanfic! Weak (One-Shot. Rated G). Can Iris convince Bianca that she can't just avoid her problems?

And another one: Mischief (One-Shot. Rated G). A little fun for October.

Updated the rest of the stuff I could. My apologies for not filling out more of the categories, but I either couldn't figure out who to nominate, or didn't know who to nominate, or they had been nominated already.

An Ancient Treasure, a Terrible Price. Take the Risk, Eat the World
    (Final Chapter added 05-15-2014)

-Thanks to PopPrincess_Lyra for the amazing banner-

Here goes....
    Best Pokemon Chaptered Fic: Max New Adventures by Real Raymon
    Best Plot: Carry On, Blissey by ChloboShoka
    Most Original Overall: Carry On, Blissey by ChloboShoka
    Best Writing Style: Pokemon: The Next Generation by OshaMjiuWott
    Best setting: Pokemon The Next Generation by OshaMjiuWott
    Best Trainer Fic: Max New Adventures by Real Raymon
    Best Human Main Character: Max from Max New Adventures by Real Raymon
    Best Non Human Main Character: Matron Blissey from Carry On, Blissey by ChloboShoka
    Best Established Writer: bobandbill
    Best New Writer: Chapter of Charizard
    Most Dedicated Writer: Real Raymon

Good luck all!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Last minute nominations! Because I've actually been reading quite a few different excellent fics this past year, which means that for once I actually have stuff I can nominate. Most of the nominations I would have made have already been done by other people, though, so these are just me filling in the gaps of other things I think deserve to be in there.

Best Setting
    Sinnoh, in Brothers' Bond by Sid87. The way the fic is written makes it feel like a real place that, Pokémon aside, could easily exist in the real world. I don't usually pay much attention to worldbuilding or lack thereof when I read stuff, but it's so well-done here that even I noticed how good it is.

First off, how does this award work, exactly? I've seen nominations both for an entire fic, implying it's about how almost every character in the fic is well-developed, and then I've seen nominations for just a single character, which would mean the award is about just how well that one character is developed (which is something I'd think would be covered by the Best Character awards anyway). So, assuming the former is how the award is meant to work:

The Legend's End by Scaldaver. Another fic which does an excellent job of writing the Pokémon as fully participating, real characters, to say nothing of how well-rounded the human characters are. I particularly enjoyed the main character's struggle to come to terms with the terrifying but necessary mission he's been forced into pursuing.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Overthrown by Knightfall. Practically everyone in it has issues and/or is borderline insane, even the ones who only appear for a few scenes. It's one of the main reasons I found the fic so compelling to read.

Bill, from Anima Ex Machina by JX Valentine. (Assuming he counts as human. His mind is still human even if his body isn't, and that's what I consider important - but if Jax thinks he should go down under Non-Human then I'm happy to change this.) So I finally started reading AEM this year, after many past years of seeing it nominated all over in the awards and getting the impression that I'd really enjoy it if only I got around to reading it. Well, I was right that I'd enjoy it - the main reason? Bill. He is adorable, constantly goes through hell, and only comes out all the more adorable for it. What's not to like?

Shelton, from Requiem by Sidewinder. I've seen Dorian nominated for Best Main, and Dorian and Shelton's relationship nominated for Best Non-Romantic, so why not give Shelton herself a shot at Best Supporting Character? She may be part of a heartwarming sibling-like relationship with the main character, but she's also entirely her own person with her own motivations and opinions on things, making her work excellently as both a companion and a foil to Dorian.

Alakazam, from Requiem by Sidewinder. Oh, Alakazam. The conflict between his loyalty and love for his trainer and the knowledge that what said trainer is doing is horribly misguided and wrong makes Alakazam probably the most compelling Pokémon character in a fic full of really well-defined Pokémon characters.

Best Minor Character
    Wire, from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Overthrown by Knightfall. This Metagross appears for all of one chapter, but in that short time I was really able to sympathise with him and the horrible situation he was trapped in. In fact, said chapter happened to be the first one I read and was plenty to convince me I should go back and read the whole fic from the beginning.

Also, something I'd like to bring up: as much as I'm overjoyed to see that Jax has read at least some of Foregone Conclusion... that fic's not actually eligible for this year's awards, as it was finished in 2011. (Besides, you know the Ixodida deserves to win Best Original Species yet again. Jax's incredibly well-thought-out alien parasite is even cooler than my prehistoric Grovyle evolution.)
    .: Evolution is a battle .:. Something has to lose :.
    LOST EVOLUTION
    Chapter 33: Inside has been posted.

Foregone Conclusion
    Spinoff/prequel/backstory/thingy to Lost Evolution, written for NaNoWriMo 2010

Three Heads Are Better Than One

Let me take a shot at this. I wish I'd read more good fics recently, but this will have to do. And most of these have already been nominated so this is about 80% redundant, but whatever.

Overall Fiction Awards
    Best Pokemon Chaptered Fic - Salvage by Negrek
    Best Pokemon One-Shot - The Leaf Green Incident by JX Valentine

Other Fic Awards
    Best Plot - Salvage by Negrek
    Most Original Overall - Salvage by Negrek
    Best Writing Style - The Leaf Green Incident by JX Valentine
    Best Character Development - The Legend's End by Scaldaver
    Best Description - Salvage by Negrek
    Best Expansion of Canon - The Motionless Journey of Youngster Ian by Psychic
    Best Characterization in a Short Story - The Leaf Green Incident by JX Valentine
    Best Non-Romantic Relationship/Interaction - Jade and Chibi, The Legendarian Chronicles by Chibi Pika; Edward and Nuria, The Legend's End by Scaldaver

Character Awards
    Best Human Main Character - the Rocket agent, The Leaf Green Incident by JX Valentine
    Best Non-Human Main Character - the "child", Salvage by Negrek
    Best Human Supporting Character - Nuria, The Legend's End by Scaldaver; Sai, Survival Project by diamondpearl876
    Funniest Character - Zubat, The Legend's End by Scaldaver

Fic Moments Awards
    Best Action Scene - the bulk of chapter 7, The Legendarian Chronicles by Chibi Pika

Author Awards
    Best Established Writer - Negrek
    Best New Writer - Scaldaver
    Most Improved Writer - Scaldaver; Chibi Pika

Reviewer Awards
    Most Helpful Reviewer - JX Valentine
    Last edited by Dragonfree; 13th February 2013 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Derp, didn't actually fill out the thread IDs I was going to.

Chapter 63: Recovery
    The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
    (rough draft of the remaining chapters finished for NaNoWriMo; to be edited and posted)

Morphic
    (completed, plus silly extras)
    A few scientists get drunk and start fiddling with gene splicing. Ten years later, they're taking care of eight half-Pokémon kids, each freakier than the next, while a religious fanatic plots to murder them all.

Lengthy fanfiction reviewing guide / A more condensed version
    Read and I will be very happy for a large number of reasons.

Just an update: because some nominations are still not complete, I am putting in place the extension to February 26. Please try to finish everything up, everyone.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 14: The Pursuit of the Truth
    Next: The Bard and the Diva

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Just an update: because some nominations are still not complete, I am putting in place the extension to February 26. Please try to finish everything up, everyone.
    Booooooooooo. I was all excited to start voting yesterday!

Anyway, my post is complete, just to make that official. I know I'm missing a small handful of categories, but the things I WOULD nominate there have already been snatched up by others.
    Last edited by Sid87; 15th February 2013 at 1:37 PM.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Booooooooooo. I was all excited to start voting yesterday!

Anyway, my post is complete. I know I'm missing a small handful of categories, but the things I WOULD nominate there have already been snatched up by others.
    I also think that my post is complete. I was excited to start voting already.
    Last edited by RealRaymon; 16th February 2013 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elyvorg View Post
    Also, something I'd like to bring up: as much as I'm overjoyed to see that Jax has read at least some of Foregone Conclusion... that fic's not actually eligible for this year's awards, as it was finished in 2011. (Besides, you know the Ixodida deserves to win Best Original Species yet again. Jax's incredibly well-thought-out alien parasite is even cooler than my prehistoric Grovyle evolution.)
    derp

Welp, not sure how that happened, and unfortunately, I didn't take down alternate nominations for that category. Looks like that field will just have to be blank for me.

Thanks for letting me know!

REBOOT: Chapter twelve now available. | Original: Chapter thirty-one now available.

The Witch of Fic | 365+ Reviews
    Q&A's for all your writing needs. | 365 fanfic reviews in 365 days.

The Fan Fiction Mafia | Author's Profile

Mine's done as well. It's rather pitiful, but uh...
    ~Author's Profile||~||Art Shop~
    ~rTTL: Chapter 3: 22% ||~|~|~|| rAVT : Chapter 2: 0%~

Best Pokemon Chaptered Fic: Brothers' Bond (PG-13)

Best Non-Pokemon Chaptered Fic: Feli chronicles: Vitandes

Best Plot: Roots

Most Original Overall: Carry on Blissey

Best Writing Style: Roots

Best Description: Jay's Journey through the Henzo Region

Best Setting: Roots

Best Character Development: Brothers' Bond (PG-13)

Most Suspenseful Fic: Brothers' Bond (PG-13)

Best Trainer Fic: Jay's Journey through the Henzo Region

Best Human Supporting Character: Murdock - Jay's Journey through the Henzo Region

Best Human Villain: Alexis - Jay's Journey through the Henzo Region

Best Cliffhanger: Jays Journey Through The Henzo Region

Spoiler:- Battle Scene:
    Best New Writer: LadyLady

Most Dedicated Writer: RealRaymon

Most Improved Writer: RealRaymon

Most Helpful Reviewer: JX Valentine

Most Dedicated Reviewer: Shadow Lucario
    Last edited by lucypendrix; 16th February 2013 at 7:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRaymon View Post
    I also think that my post is complete. I was excited to start voting already, but this useless extension...really, why should we fill every category?
    While you may have been satisfied with your nominations, other people had actually expressed an intention to finish their ballots later. You don't have to nominate for every category, so long as you nominate four different fics/authors, but many people want to nominate in as many categories as they can and had not yet filled out their ballots to their satisfaction.

Moreover, the attitude of this post is not acceptable. If you're disappointed you can't start voting yet, that's fine, but taking on a hostile tone and calling the extension useless is just flamebaity. The people organizing these awards are making an effort to take all members' concerns into consideration; just because the extension doesn't benefit you and you wanted to get to the voting doesn't mean it's "useless".

Chapter 63: Recovery
    The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
    (rough draft of the remaining chapters finished for NaNoWriMo; to be edited and posted)

Morphic
    (completed, plus silly extras)
    A few scientists get drunk and start fiddling with gene splicing. Ten years later, they're taking care of eight half-Pokémon kids, each freakier than the next, while a religious fanatic plots to murder them all.

Lengthy fanfiction reviewing guide / A more condensed version
    Read and I will be very happy for a large number of reasons.

The Great Butler, I am sorry.
    I appreciate the work you do and respect you as a member.

You don't have to nominate for every category, so long as you nominate four different fics/authors
    Yeah, I know that. But thanks for reminding.
    Last edited by RealRaymon; 17th February 2013 at 12:05 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast