Thread: Lavender Town

Default Lavender Town

This is something I need to talk about now because i'm really freaking out....I heard rumors about Lavender Town Symptoms online (Youtube) and it's really freaking me out...I dont remember even making it to Lavender Town as a child so I dont remember much but it being really creepy..as I got older I always ran through it and muted my gameboy....I listened to 3 seconds of the song and i'm officially scared....is it normal for people to get this scared of this music???? I've heard you get depressed and die from hearing this music....can anyone calm my nerves or explain?
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/344ckkj.png[/IMG]

You're overracting. Lavender Town is supposed to be creepy, yes, but getting depressed and dying? I've never heard of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    You're overracting. Lavender Town is supposed to be creepy, yes, but getting depressed and dying? I've never heard of that.
    Actually it is real, type Lavender Town Syndrome into google...kids died (almost 100) from depression after hearing the music....If you google you'll get a page on creepy-pasta but also it was a real thing back when the games first came out.

Don't worry, just think happy thoughts.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Don't worry about it. It's just a creepypasta
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMasterCait View Post
    Actually it is real, type Lavender Town Syndrome into google...kids died (almost 100) from depression after hearing the music....If you google you'll get a page on creepy-pasta but also it was a real thing back when the games first came out.
    As far as I know, no kid killed themselves after playing the original Pokémon games. There is a difference between the Lavender Town music in Red/Blue and the original Red/Green, because some kids were getting headaches from the binaural beats. Yeah, 8-bit music gets annoying after a while, especially with headphones/ear-buds on, but even then, no one's killed themselves over something like it. It's just a creepypasta meant to scare you. It's the same with the White Hand and Buried Alive sprites.

Though there are interesting reports of binaural beats doing things to your head depending on the beat...
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMasterCait View Post
    Does anyone remember the banned Porygon episode where thousands of kids ended up getting seizures? Yeah...if Lavender Town syndrome actually exist, that episode wouldn't be madem nor Pokémon in general. It's just creepypasta that has been made since 2010. Non of it is true, so just enjoy the creepiness of he town.
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

I got super freaked out because I saw this one video on youtube (IDK if i'm allowed to post it) and he said that 100 kids died after playing the game (orignal versions) and they got headaches, irritibility, depression etc and killed themselves at the end and they had some detective investigate it....so it's kinda freaky if you ask me.

Thats the main creepy pasta. It ranges from 100 to 300 kids taking their lives.

Though as people have said the melody was a bit to high pitched in japanese green and red, and yes it is true that certain age groups hear certain pitches, that's all true, and that's why it gave younger kids headaches, but if something like that really did happen even if it was just Japan i'm sure we would have caught wind of it, there would be hundreds of lawsuits, Gamefreak would have went bankrupt and we would have never got pokemon. Its all just in good fun because its the darkest a pokemon game has ever been.

I will say though when I was young I used to LOVE listening to lavender towns music with my headphones in on the bus. I'll also admit that I didn't find it nearly as demented or creepy as I do now. I mean...I played the game so many times and I didn't have a clue of what the chanlers were saying in the tower, but now I play it and I play it and see "give me blood" and I begin to wonder how dense I was when I was a 8 year old...

I blame the internet.

A lot of it now is really based on the placebo effect. Meaning if you or one of your friends listens to lavender town and they or you get a headache, that's not really the games fault. Its your subcontious mind giving you one because your mind is telling you "If I listen to lavender town I might get a headache".

It works the same way with medicine, that's why they sometimes give people sugar pills, but tell them it's going to take the pain away, and it does even if all it was is sugar. There is a story about a hospital that ran out of morphine so they used a plain water solution and told their patients it was morphine. Because everyone knows that morphine takes down pain their mind makes them think they were getting better. Amazing how the mind works really.

Basically if anyone says they get headaches when they listen to lavender town and they know about lavender town syndrome its probably not the game, but their subcontious working its magic.
    Last edited by Dragoniss; 2nd January 2013 at 11:49 PM.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Thank you again guys for making me not so freaked out...the music is just super creepy, I think. I don't get it...the anime when they were in Lavender town didnt' scare me..you'd think being like 5 or 6 the creepiness would but now being 20 the lavender town music scares me to no end... :/ weird...

The only information I can find on this is from youtube, the creepypasta wiki, and tumblr. If it really happened, then it would be covered by legitimate news sources.

I listen to Lavender Town music on the original Japanese red and Green (not emulated) and like it. It's a soothing, mournful melody.

Lol I actually saw a video on youtube about this a few days ago. I actually like the Lavender Town music. I think it's very memorable compared to some other towns and gives an eerie feel to the town (which is the point). The stuff about people killing themselves is false, just rumours started by some internet trolls so don't be afraid!

I haven't heard the music because I never played these first Generation games. I started with Emerald.

I did hear about this "People kill themselves because of this music" thing, and right away I was thinking, "Well this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard." I guess music could have an influence on kids, but not to that degree.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. People write stories to freak others out on purpose.

And seriously guys, have we not had enough "Lavender Town is so creepy" threads already? :/

~Psychic

Pokéthon was a huge success! Check out our Facebook page for photos from the event!