Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most underrated Gen III Pokemon?

Hybrid View

Default Most underrated Gen III Pokemon?

What do you think is the most underrated Gen III Pokemon that deserves to be acknowledged? For me, it's Grumpig. I mean, that thing is a great wall and is a defensive Pokemon, I used one in Emerald and it was very strong and defensive. But no one uses it rather than Gardevior.
    Last edited by Quilava42; 2nd January 2013 at 9:43 PM.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Aggron. Dat attack/defence. And it can learn a wide variety of moves, such as Ice Beam, SolarBeam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Earthquake, Dragon Rush, Stealth Rock, Superpower, Surf, Rock Polish (all in Gen V, but it's good in Gen III too)... and Heavy Slam is devastating coming from Aggron.

However, its weaknesses to Fighting and Ground make it pretty much unusable. I have an affinity for Pokemon with crippling 4X weaknesses though, so Aggron is one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Aggron. Dat attack/defence. And it can learn a wide variety of moves, such as Ice Beam, SolarBeam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Earthquake, Dragon Rush, Stealth Rock, Superpower, Surf, Rock Polish (all in Gen V, but it's good in Gen III too)... and Heavy Slam is devastating coming from Aggron.

However, its weaknesses to Fighting and Ground make it pretty much unusable. I have an affinity for Pokemon with crippling 4X weaknesses though, so Aggron is one of my favorites.
    I noticed that people use Aggron less and less often in the metagames. That's sad. Oh yeah, not to mention Shiftry. The high speed and Whirlwind could really help.

[*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Quote Originally Posted by Quilava42 View Post
    I noticed that people use Aggron less and less often in the metagames. That's sad. Oh yeah, not to mention Shiftry. The high speed and Whirlwind could really help.
    Naw, even if I had chosen Treecko as my partner, I still went in to capture a Seedot to evolve it to Shiftry
    I think Shiftry is underrated <.> Like you said it has a high speed that made it awesome :3
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Source of images

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post

I'm using Lairon right now, will be Aggron in about 6 levels I'm also using a Torkoal on my team, which seems pretty underrated as well.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & ???

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

roselia, power to the grass types!
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Banette (might of spelled it wrong), turned out to be one of my strongest Pokemon in gen 3 once it had evolved from shuppet

Quote Originally Posted by WastingLight View Post
    Banette (might of spelled it wrong), turned out to be one of my strongest Pokemon in gen 3 once it had evolved from shuppet
    This...
    I used it in my recent Sapphire run, and it swamped both the Tate + Lisa gym (a lot lower leveled, too) as well as the fight vs Phoebe..
    It has its flaws, but it can be a really good pokemon (maybe a little faster to pay up for that bad defence? :P)
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Exploud. I'm currently going through the Battle Tower and he's usually the MVP of the match. Good all-around attack stats and good movepool to complement them. STAB Return w/ Silk Scarf puts a hurting on anything that doesn't resist or is immune to it.

Kecleon and Huntail in my opinion. I used Kecleon during the main storyline in Ruby version and it was pretty reliable; it wasn't just an HM slave, which is what Normal-types usually are. I used Huntail on my Battle Tower team in Sapphire version, and I noticed that it was slightly more reliable than other Water-types like Milotic and Gyarados.

Swalot and Linoone. Especially Linnone w/ flail and shadow ball.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    Swalot and Linoone. Especially Linnone w/ flail and shadow ball.
    you're probably right. No one often uses them. But they're really good Pokemon

Wailord when NOT a HM slave, Relicanth......solrock, lunatone and chimecho.

who uses these?

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobthepokemonfreak View Post

who uses these?
    Wailord is a boss, to bad he is almost always a HM slave. I am not sure about Chimecho, Lunatone or Solrock, always thought of them as useless. Maybe I am just part of the reason you consider them underrated :P
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobthepokemonfreak View Post

who uses these?
    I used CHimecho once, but its one of my favourites, nya~

Huntail and Gorebyss. But nobody probably used those just because they were impossible to get unless they had two GBAs at home...

Even before I clicked on this thread, I also thought Grumpig was pretty underrated! I think one of the reasons people overlook it is because it never even used by any trainer, whereas for Gardevoir Wally was using it. I don't know, it sounds like a weird hypothesis, but I guess if an NPC actually used it, some people would be more aware of it.
    "There are bad ways to win - and good ways to lose. What's interesting is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..." - Grimsley

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Aggron for reasons already said
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

The Regi's are overshadowed by the Weather Trio.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Ha, I have a level 100 Aggron and huntail-great pokemon. Hm, maybe sharpedo because of its stats.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

I think the most underrated Gen III Pokemon is Huntail, I never see it ANYWHERE. That, and I tend to forget about Huntail at times too...

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    I think the most underrated Gen III Pokemon is Huntail, I never see it ANYWHERE. That, and I tend to forget about Huntail at times too...
    I agree... you don't even see it ingame... which is weird, because with Team Aqua and Wallace/Juan, and all of the swimmer trainers, you think it'd show up somewhere.
    I have no idea how often it pops up competitively, though.

Vigoroth: When most people think of the sloth family, they think high stats and Truant.
    I usually take Slakoth when I play though the game, and occasionally I don't evolve it into Slaking, because it keeps good stats without Truant.
    Chespin is mine when I get Pokemon X

Heart Gold OU:

Quote Originally Posted by razaxx View Post
    Vigoroth: When most people think of the sloth family, they think high stats and Truant.
    I usually take Slakoth when I play though the game, and occasionally I don't evolve it into Slaking, because it keeps good stats without Truant.
    Or Slaking. You can get rid of Truant by Skill Swap.

And another Pokemon I had in mind was Altaria. Even if it doesn't look Dragon, it knows Ice Type moves that can actually defeat those mythical beasts. And DD+ Any physical attack makes it impossible to beat, even by Cotton Guard.

salamance because it is the best non legendary pokemon out there.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast