Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most underrated Gen III Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    Swalot and Linoone. Especially Linnone w/ flail and shadow ball.
    you're probably right. No one often uses them. But they're really good Pokemon

I have s weird thing for Pokemon with potentially devastating 4x weaknesses. Like Flygon, camerupt, Aggron. I also love shiftry and huntail. Although I've never uses huntail because I didn't have a link cable.

slaking. ppl dont like him cuz of his ability but that guys is frikin OP also as said before u can get rid of his traunt with skill swap

Personally I think plusle and minun are underrated, I've always had at least one of hem I my team and they never disappointed!

Sharpedo and Crawdaunt are underrated. They are, like, the best water-types in Hoenn, yet nobody uses them. In later gens they also got great moves and abilities (Speed Boost for Sharpedo, Dragon Dance and Adaptability for Crawdaunt).

Linoone doesn't have much use recently. If only it had better stats and a moveset, or possibly another evolution, it would have been otherwise.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Aggon is underrated because it has two double weaknesses to ground and fighting, which became over-used types in this generation onwards (Earthquake, Cross Chop, Sky Uppercut, Revenge).

Oh yeah, how about Cradily? I did see only one person on Wi-Fi use it when I battled her, but I mainly don't see much use it these days. Of course, its movepool is OK(though the learnset is kind of cringy except when it learns Energy Ball in Gen IV beyond), but its type and moves makes it a great sweeper. I used one before and it killed Wallace's Gyarados by HP Electric three times and it wasn't close to dying.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

I want to say the must underrated Gen III Pokemon is Grumpig. I've never, in all of my years of playing Pokemon, seen someone use it. I trained one in Ruby and it was a great Pokemon!

| my anime list | anime reviews blog | photobucket | soundcloud |
    | ask me anything...no really! | level my sylveon! |
    | latest anime review: .hack//Sign |
    | currently watching: .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu // 07-Ghost // 11eyes // 2x2=Shinobuden // Inuyasha |

Personally Dusclops, the combination of Will-o-wisp and Night Shade makes him hard to plow over considering his not too shabby bulk.

salamance because it is the best non legendary pokemon out there.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

I think Azumarill because its a great tank and defender but it can also pack a really big punch with the right moveset and nature. Most people don't like it but they forget focus punch with Huge Power is technically a 300 power move.

~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

Definitely Walrein. I was the only one among my friends who thought it was any good and I still dont see to many people use it in their games.

Swalot and Grumpig were really fun to use. My swalot had Ice Beam, SludgeBomb, Amnesia, and Yawn and it was a BEAST

Azumarill with Huge Power Return was pretty strong. Plus her great defensive stats <3

Dustox deserves a Special version of Huge Power! C'mon GameFreak!

#TeamFroakie
    #TheCascoonOfDestruction
        Spoiler:- :

I have... A WATER-TYPE FRIEND SAFARI! The first type I used to really like!
    and another one I don't know about..

I think Tentacruel is also somewhat underrated. It has good defensive stats and a great annoying wall movepool with stuff like Giga Drain, Mirror Coat, Confuse Ray, and not to mention it being a water type capable of dealing with Ludicolo as it isn't weak to grass. It just fits right when countering Ludicolo. Resists water, has Liquid ooze to troll Leech Seed, and is immune to Toxic. Most people just hate it because Tentacool always shows up when surfing.
    Master balls are the cheapest thing ever invented. It's more fun catching everything with balls that can fail. 'caught Latios in the wild without master ball ftw'

Banette. It has pretty good attack and ok speed, so when I restart my sapphire, I am definitely going to use one of those.
    SHINIES:
    LEAFGREEN TEAM:
    FIRERED TEAM:
    NEW SAPPHIRE TEAM:
    NEW EMERALD TEAM:
    EV TRAINED:

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY BOOBER

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny View Post
    I want to say the must underrated Gen III Pokemon is Grumpig. I've never, in all of my years of playing Pokemon, seen someone use it. I trained one in Ruby and it was a great Pokemon!
    You've met one now! Grumpig is my favorite Psychic type! I'm in fact going to use one in my Emerald run before the X and Y release.
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Surskit. That Pokemon does have potential and whatnot. It's easy to use and its typing is interesting. It has more potential when it becomes Masquerane but still.
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

When people saw my Shiftry, they were like: 'Dude, really? That weird thing?’ Ironically, Shiftry is a cool, fast and hard-hitting Pokč (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by WastingLight View Post
    Banette (might of spelled it wrong), turned out to be one of my strongest Pokemon in gen 3 once it had evolved from shuppet
    This...
    I used it in my recent Sapphire run, and it swamped both the Tate + Lisa gym (a lot lower leveled, too) as well as the fight vs Phoebe..
    It has its flaws, but it can be a really good pokemon (maybe a little faster to pay up for that bad defence? :P)
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned Xatu yet, but I wouldn't be surprised. After playing through Red Rescue Team the first time, I was alerted to the fact that Xatu was a pretty interesting Pokemon. Later on in my Emerald, I decided to catch a Natu in the safari zone and train it a bit, just to fill my sixth slot. However, as it evolved, and eventually got to level 65 and learned Psychic, it became an odd staple in all of my future playthroughs.

^-------^ Credit for banner goes to Shymain

Manectric. I love it's design, but it is never talked about. It was also pretty damn awesome in XD GoD, him and Lugua were my two biggest assets.

I happen to love flygon, for his ground type stab and stats but i too hate his 4x weakness to ice
    White 2 Friend Code: 3139 5811 5081
    Y friend code: 2981--5364-9336

I thought both Banette and Dusclops were underused, but then Dusclops got used in gen V because of eviolite.
    Regional Favorites
    .:Kanto:.
    .:Johto:.
    .:Hoenn:.
    .:Sinnoh:.
    .:Unova:.

Cacturne
    In my time of using one in ruby, it was amazingly useful. Spikes and leech seed helped so much, and needle arm flinching to stall was awesome as well.
    PM me for battles in NU, my favorite tier!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast