Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug-type Pokemon fan club

Quote Originally Posted by OnceDone View Post
    Thank you Raymon, the bug type for Emerald is turning out great! Haha, I was actually wondering if anyone knew a good Platinum team, because as soon as i beat the Elite 4 in Emerald, I'm jumping straight into Platinum!
    You are welcome
    Can you printscreen it and send us a screenshot of your team?

About your Platinum team, I will give you one after you beat you Emerald game.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Moth View Post
    Iv been ovserving for to long lol, allow me to suggest somthing :P

@Choice band@
    *Adamant*
    ~ Bullet punch
    ~airial ace
    ~bug bite
    ~Uturn/super power

This for obvious reasons i guess, An adamant Choice baned bullet punch does soo much damage..

@ Wide Lens@
    *Timid*
    ~quiver dance
    ~batton pass
    ~sleep powder
    ~Air slash

This set on venomoth can either power itself up something serios and can pass on that power to somthing else to own.

@Choice scarf@
    *adamant*
    ~megahorn
    ~Aerial ace
    ~Earthquake
    ~Rockslide

Now even though in 4th gen heracross cant yet get Moxie, heracross is still a beast when your attack is maxed out, its even got decent SPD base.
    I would sugggest breeding a max att IV for heracross and even without Moxie boost's, you still own.

@Focus sash/ Life orb@
    *adamant*
    ~X-scizzor
    ~Aqua Tail
    ~Stealthrock/Rapid spin
    ~Rock slide/ Earthquaka

This armaldo will pretty much just support your team sorta, max attack armaldo is an underestimated beast, its got decent DEF though its SPD from my knowledge isnt all that.. Still , with Focus sash you can survive the first enicial hit and KO a poke, maybe even tank out a few moves and kill something by itselfs ya no.

*Modest/timid*
    @Focus sash@
    ~protect
    ~shadow ball
    ~ancient power
    ~Bug buzz/Batton pass

With this set on a yanmega you could easily switch into any blow from batton passing into it from venomoth or even if you needa switch out.
    THis set on yanmega could make a good teammate with Venomoth, or Gain a few Speedf boosts and own by itself.

@Choice Scarf/Life Orb@
    * Modest*
    &Tinted LENS ability&
    ~silverwind
    ~psychic
    ~giga dran
    ~U turn

Tinted lens on this mothim isa must, with silver wind boosted to 90 base damage and silver winds possible effect, its just obvious to me that you should do this :P
    And U-turn because its att stat is pretty decet even with a drop from the modest nature.
    CM, these are good choices
    BUT, do you realise that he can't receive Choice Band, Wise Glasses, Choice Scarf, Focus Sash during the game?

Quiver Dance is 5th Gen move, Superpower and others are hard to learn, so be realistic about a team.

True,i didnt realise a few things evidently ^.^

But You can still run this team without those items, those battefrontier items are accentuate the skill of of those pokes, the base power, moves and strategies available their are still strong and recomendable for a bug team in emerald.
    As for venomoth, flip the style of it from supporting to offence, Instead of the incorrect 5th gen move, quiverdance ignore it, and Put the following moves on venomoth.
    Try this Oncemore

Nature: timid
    Item: silver dust
    ability: tinted lens
    ~Silver wind
    ~sleep powder
    ~psychic
    ~Giga drain/Roost

THis moth can battle for a while if used correctly and might be able to pull of a few sweeps with his moveset also.
    Last edited by Celestial Moth; 23rd February 2013 at 10:51 AM.
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

That was adorable ^ xD

Doesn't Sleep Powder miss like.. a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
    That was adorable ^ xD

Doesn't Sleep Powder miss like.. a lot?
    Please read the rules for clubs as your post might qualify as a "one liner post" due to its content, so read and be aware of the club rules, please.

Sleep powder is more reliable than you think, especially in-game it can incopasisate and kill an entire team, because of sleep powder.
    It has an accuracy pof 75% thats considerable, inccedently i think its risk means nuthing if its gonna incopaciate your opponent quick.
    Chance and fortune is their, but 25% of missing isnt very much its like saying 25 out of 100 of your sleep powders you might iss, maybe more depends on your luck obvioslly .Depending on your opponent venomothwith a few SPD and DEF training even in Platinum can tank out/survive a hit or 2 aswell. SO theirs always that second chance even if you do miss.
    Bug-Type Represent !

Oh, sorry D:

I see. Well, I'm usually those 25%. xD
    It's like that with other moves too. Like Hydro Cannon on my Empoleon. 90% Accuracy, and I miss about 3 of the 5 times i can use it.
    Yeah, In-game it might be useful.

Oh, sorry D:

I see. Well, I'm usually those 25%. xD
    It's like that with other moves too. Like Hydro Cannon on my Empoleon. 90% Accuracy, and I miss about 3 of the 5 times i can use it.
    Yeah, In-game it might be useful.
    lol yeah i know what you mean ay bro , those days are like 25% of the time hehehe.
    I've had heat wave used on my volc with a 90% hit rate and ill miss 2 times in the row
    ever now and then its its beyond the recorded ratio but then other times its just pure chance
    and fortune.
    Bug-Type Represent !

lol yeah i know what you mean ay bro , those days are like 25% of the time hehehe.
    I've had heat wave used on my volc with a 90% hit rate and ill miss 2 times in the row
    ever now and then its its beyond the recorded ratio but then other times its just pure chance
    and fortune.
    I know, right? Just the other day I lost in part because I kept missing Dragon Tail, and later I missed Megahorn twice in a row, but that actually turned out to be beneficial. Well, sort of.

Does anybody want a match on Showdown? Say when, then I'll get on. My device is slow, so you'll have to go down the ladder and challenge me when I agree.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Iv been ovserving for to long lol, allow me to suggest somthing :P

@Choice band@
    *Adamant*
    ~ Bullet punch
    ~airial ace
    ~bug bite
    ~Uturn/super power

This for obvious reasons i guess, An adamant Choice baned bullet punch does soo much damage..

@ Wide Lens@
    *Timid*
    ~quiver dance
    ~batton pass
    ~sleep powder
    ~Air slash

This set on venomoth can either power itself up something serios and can pass on that power to somthing else to own.

@Choice scarf@
    *adamant*
    ~megahorn
    ~Aerial ace
    ~Earthquake
    ~Rockslide

Now even though in 4th gen heracross cant yet get Moxie, heracross is still a beast when your attack is maxed out, its even got decent SPD base.
    I would sugggest breeding a max att IV for heracross and even without Moxie boost's, you still own.

@Focus sash/ Life orb@
    *adamant*
    ~X-scizzor
    ~Aqua Tail
    ~Stealthrock/Rapid spin
    ~Rock slide/ Earthquaka

This armaldo will pretty much just support your team sorta, max attack armaldo is an underestimated beast, its got decent DEF though its SPD from my knowledge isnt all that.. Still , with Focus sash you can survive the first enicial hit and KO a poke, maybe even tank out a few moves and kill something by itselfs ya no.

*Modest/timid*
    @Focus sash@
    ~protect
    ~shadow ball
    ~ancient power
    ~Bug buzz/Batton pass

With this set on a yanmega you could easily switch into any blow from batton passing into it from venomoth or even if you needa switch out.
    THis set on yanmega could make a good teammate with Venomoth, or Gain a few Speedf boosts and own by itself.

@Choice Scarf/Life Orb@
    * Modest*
    &Tinted LENS ability&
    ~silverwind
    ~psychic
    ~giga dran
    ~U turn

Tinted lens on this mothim isa must, with silver wind boosted to 90 base damage and silver winds possible effect, its just obvious to me that you should do this :P
    And U-turn because its att stat is pretty decet even with a drop from the modest nature.
    nice choices
    as Ray pointed out some of those things are unobtainable though :P
    by the way good bug match last night your team is much improved and impressive sir

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

^ That was some awesmoe sets right there! Could you post the abilities too, you think? (:
    But wouldn't Bug Buzz be stronger on Mothim than Silver Wind?

^ That was some awesmoe sets right there! Could you post the abilities too, you think? (:
    But wouldn't Bug Buzz be stronger on Mothim than Silver Wind?
    Nooo Mothim most deffinetly its better suited with Silver wind, in fact with the ability tinted lens that moth has
    it allows Silverwind to be boosted from 60 to 90 damage, also silverwinds ability gives you 10% chance of raising everyone of your stats up by 1.
    So reallly its stronger than bug buz with mothim ^.^
    Bug-Type Represent !

But.. Tinted Lens just makes not-very-effective moves deal as much damage as neutral moves, and Bug Buzz would benefit that better.
    Also. It's like 10% chance. Giving up power for a 10% chance can just ensure you lose a battle. o.o

But.. Tinted Lens just makes not-very-effective moves deal as much damage as neutral moves, and Bug Buzz would benefit that better.
    Also. It's like 10% chance. Giving up power for a 10% chance can just ensure you lose a battle. o.o
    If im not mistaken and i dont think i am lol, Tinted lens ability raises non powerful moves ( moves with 60- base power) by 1.5.
    Turning a silver wind from a 60 base SPA move to a 90 base SPA move. THis equals bug buzz bro with base power of 90 each.
    One has an effect that raises all your stats 10 times outa 100 hits, while bug buzz does nuthing and can be blocked by soundproof ability.
    Tinted lens on moths can be deadly if played correctly.
    Bug-Type Represent !

No, you're thinking of Technician. Scizor gets that, but I don't think Mothim does.
    And I think Bug Buzz lowers Special Defense sometimes.

Tinted Lens is just good if you have moves that are not-very-effective against a lot

If im not mistaken and i dont think i am lol, Tinted lens ability raises non powerful moves ( moves with 60- base power) by 1.5.
    Turning a silver wind from a 60 base SPA move to a 90 base SPA move. THis equals bug buzz bro with base power of 90 each.
    One has an effect that raises all your stats 10 times outa 100 hits, while bug buzz does nuthing and can be blocked by soundproof ability.
    Tinted lens on moths can be deadly if played correctly.
    tinted lens doubles the power of resisted moves
    technician is the godly ability that lets you abuse moves like bug bite and wing attack and bullet punch

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

^ That's it. Tinted Lens is actually not that bad, even though I prefer my Yanmegas with Speed Boost
    But as I said, Tinted Lens is a good ability for those moves that aren't very effective against much.
    Like... Normal-Types, for example
    Last edited by Zwei; 23rd February 2013 at 3:22 PM.

No, you're thinking of Technician. Scizor gets that, but I don't think Mothim does.
    And I think Bug Buzz lowers Special Defense sometimes.

Tinted Lens is just good if you have moves that are not-very-effective against a lot
    '

Hmm this makes sence your right ay lol.
    well you no what man, a mothim with tinted lens would still own.
    It has 315 SPA at its max and if you can breed that AND put a scarf on its maxed speed stat at 254, Silver Powder
    as an item Swarm or Tinted lens as ability and youl own, IN game Mothim in itself is powerfull . A modest mothim
    with the described moveset would own. Tinted lens still would allow a double damage,silver powdered boost on Things that it has trouble against.
    So you could either spam Bug buzz or shadow ball which mothim can learn and pray for a SPD drop, or use that moveset and maybe get a offensive boost.
    still im confident bug buz could would do lesser damage on a mothim with silver wind and tinted lens :P
    Last edited by Celestial Moth; 23rd February 2013 at 3:37 PM.
    Bug-Type Represent !

I know my butterfree has Compound eyes. Which is pretty beast.
    But hopefully my Armaldo has something good. I was going to use that Armaldo that someone posted earlier
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Having fun on Showdown, sweeping teams... Anyone want to battle? Nobody has challenged me ever yet.

Tinted Lens is amazing, with it you only need like some offensive move. Aggron would be a problem, however. Well, I don't use anything with Tinted Lens anyways. Too bad.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

'

Hmm this makes sence your right ay lol.
    well you no what man, a mothim with tinted lens would still own.
    It has 315 SPA at its max and if you can breed that AND put a scarf on its maxed speed stat at 254, Silver Powder
    as an item Swarm or Tinted lens as ability and youl own, IN game Mothim in itself is powerfull . A modest mothim
    with the described moveset would own. Tinted lens still would allow a double damage,silver powdered boost on Things that it has trouble against.
    So you could either spam Bug buzz or shadow ball which mothim can learn and pray for a SPD drop, or use that moveset and maybe get a offensive boost.
    still im confident bug buz could would do lesser damage on a mothim with silver wind and tinted lens :P
    Tinted Lens -The power of “not very effective” moves is doubled.

Swarm or Tinted Lens. I'd go with Tinted Lens. Also, Bug Buzz is far more superior than Silver Wind. Silver Wind only has 5 PP and has 60 BP, while Bug Buzz have 10PP and 90 BP. Since Tinted Lens affects both of them, Bug Buzz would do more damage. Also, Silver Wind has only 10% to raise stats. You have 5 PP without PP Ups, so that would be 90% x 90% x 90% x 90% x 90% chance of Silver Wind not getting a boost, which makes it a 54% chance of Mothim not getting a stat boost in 5 turns. I doubt you can even survive 5 turns though. So Bug Buzz is superior in both power and BP. Excluding STAB, Silver Wind does a total of 300 BP while Bug Buzz does 540 BP in the same amount of time. If it gets +1 boost at the first turn, that would make it 60 + 90 + 90 + 90 +90 = 420 BP. If you get +2 at the first two turns, that would make it 60 + 90 + 120 + 120 + 120 = 510. If you get stats boost 3 times in a row, that would make it: 60 + 90 + 120 + 150 + 150 = 570, only barely outdamaging Bug Buzz. The chance of getting Silver Wind boost three times in a row is 10% x 10% x 10%, making it 0.1%, making it better of for you to run Bug Buzz > Silver Wind.

I recommend this set:

Mothim @ Expert Belt / Life Orb
    - Bug Buzz
    - Air Slash
    - Sleep Powder / Psychic
    - Giga Drain / Psychic

You get Expert Belt at Route 221, which (I think) is Pre-Game. Anyways, this set will give you almost unparalleled coverage. Bug Buzz beats Psychic type. Air Slash beats Fighting. Psychic destroys Poison types but you can opt for it for Sleep Powder. Giga Drain is bleh, but it's your only form of recovery outside Roost (i think?) You can choose for Psychic too, if you want. The beauty in this set is that you can never do not-very effective damage, which gives you almost neutral coverage on everything.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by RealRaymon View Post
    You are welcome
    Can you printscreen it and send us a screenshot of your team?

About your Platinum team, I will give you one after you beat you Emerald game.

Alright Raymon, sounds good to me.
    I'd just like to say this is an extraordinary club that I am glad to be a part of!
    These Bug Monotype play throughs are very entertaining.

^ You did a double Post. be careful with that.

But I agree, these monotype teams are very educational

I just have a question for everyone.
    What is your favorite Bug Type Pokemon?
    Although I do not have a set favorite, I am particularly liking Scolipede right now!

Although I do not have a set favorite, I am particularly liking Scolipede right now!
    My favourite Bug-types:
    Butterfree, Beedrill
    Heracross, Masquerain, Leavanny, Galvantula, Vespiqueen

Volcarona, venomoth heracross armaldo in that order

Volcarona is such a beautiful concept.
    Fossils fascinate me aswell so im waiting for the genesect film badly
    Bug-Type Represent !

Mine are Butterfree, Armaldo, Beedrill, Mothim, Parasect
    Those are my tops choices.
    And we are all waiting for that movie!
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast