Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1041

Thread: Bug-type Pokemon fan club

Quote Originally Posted by xerneas96 View Post
    I love that set. Smogon at least know the power of bugs. On of my favorite smogon bug set is for scizor:
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Technician
    Moves:
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite
    - Roost
    - Swords Dance
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Speed

ooo truee ay, this is a pretty nice set on scizor. Except i use a choice banned adamant one though ^.^
    It just has soo much more coverage on things, you can even 2 hitko those pesky sand sharks.
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Moth View Post
    ooo truee ay, this is a pretty nice set on scizor. Except i use a choice banned adamant one though ^.^
    It just has soo much more coverage on things, you can even 2 hitko those pesky sand sharks.
    Nice suggestion, I'll have to try that sometime. Or something my brother showed me is the ninjask and baton pass some speed boost and swords dance into scizor and enjoy the fire works
    Kind of off the current topic but they need to release a bug eeveelution I would use it all the time!
    I claim Leafeon, Hydreigon & Volcarona!

Spoiler:

the set xerneas96 mentioned is the one i use
    i love it because it's so annoying and has great staying power in battle
    also bullet punch allows you to finish a battle up nice and neat and bug bite can let you heal or cure a status condition depends on what berry your opponent has
    but i have used that choice band scizor before as well

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    the set xerneas96 mentioned is the one i use
    i love it because it's so annoying and has great staying power in battle
    also bullet punch allows you to finish a battle up nice and neat and bug bite can let you heal or cure a status condition depends on what berry your opponent has
    but i have used that choice band scizor before as well
    Yeah that is true, often you are able to set up a few sword dances on some of those stallers n stuff and toxic doesnt work on scizor as well so that would be quite convenient.

I was wondering if anyone uses shuckle ay, cause i tried it out a long time ago with the move( i forgot its name) that switch's its offensive and defensive stats.
    I no it could work with a trick room abuse team but even if thats the cause as soon as you use that power switch move you'll be vulnerable and thats hard to get up as well as a trickroom.
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

Yeah that is true, often you are able to set up a few sword dances on some of those stallers n stuff and toxic doesnt work on scizor as well so that would be quite convenient.

I was wondering if anyone uses shuckle ay, cause i tried it out a long time ago with the move( i forgot its name) that switch's its offensive and defensive stats.
    I no it could work with a trick room abuse team but even if thats the cause as soon as you use that power switch move you'll be vulnerable and thats hard to get up as well as a trickroom.
    i use shuckle all the time but mostly in double battles
    two words: Guard Swap
    put him in a double battle with say a crustle or a forrestress
    or even volcarona if you are using a bulky quiver dance set
    it makes most of your walls even harder to break down and gives your sweepers better staying power

Also a fun but risky strategy, is use trick room with someone, then once you have shuckle out use power trick
    this swaps his massive defense stat with his attack stat and makes him an insane sweeper

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

What I've seen a few people do is use him to set up a blissey in a trick room. He used shell smash and guard swap in a double battle and made blissey a nightmare for me. I almost killed it but it was just so unexpected. I didn't expect blissey to be a problem and shuckle made it a problem

Spoiler:

I'm not really into competitive play that much so I'm going to change the subject if you don't mind.
    does anyone here think that any bug pokemon deserve an evolution?
    I personally think that shuckle should get an evo because he just seems so underrated
    I know that then eviolite shuckle would be a nightmare to face so I doubt it will get an evo
    but I can still hope
    I have claimed Scizor, the king of Bug-Types.
    Planned ORAS Teams:

Trinity League Badges:

Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

Credit for this epic banner goes to Sworn Metalhead of Daedric Design.

Quote Originally Posted by BugPokemonMaster316 View Post
    I'm not really into competitive play that much so I'm going to change the subject if you don't mind.
    I personally think that shuckle should get an evo because he just seems so underrated
    I know that then eviolite shuckle would be a nightmare to face so I doubt it will get an evo
    but I can still hope
    I reckon Pinsir should get one, and be a dual Bug/Fight type
    The darkened master of the skies...Rayquaza!

Quote Originally Posted by Operia View Post
    Please don't post here unless you are a member of the club.
    If you want to be a member just fill out the form on the first page.
    I have claimed Scizor, the king of Bug-Types.
    Planned ORAS Teams:

Trinity League Badges:

Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

Credit for this epic banner goes to Sworn Metalhead of Daedric Design.

Quote Originally Posted by BugPokemonMaster316 View Post
    but I can still hope
    I agree with you, I'm trying to think of others but nothing comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    If anything I think pinsir's evolution should be bug and dark if he gets one.
    It would be an amazing defensive and offensive typing and with a little help in maybe the speed stat area he would be unstoppable

Spoiler:

If anything I think pinsir's evolution should be bug and dark if he gets one.
    It would be an amazing defensive and offensive typing and with a little help in maybe the speed stat area he would be unstoppable
    Yes and his dex description would fit if he gained the dark type upon evolution, since it already makes Pinscir seem like this ferocious beast.

He's really sinister too especially in emerald version. He always looks like he's plotting to take over the world or to pinch everyone's head off haha.
    That would be really great if they gave pinsir an evolution though because he's often outclassed by heracross when people consider which one to put in their team

Spoiler:

He's really sinister too especially in emerald version. He always looks like he's plotting to take over the world or to pinch everyone's head off haha.
    That would be really great if they gave pinsir an evolution though because he's often outclassed by heracross when people consider which one to put in their team
    Being a Dark type would just outclass him more, since he'll be weak against both of Heracross' STAB moves, which are already powerfull to begin with.

Also, it would be weak against it's own type, Bug. (I guess Leavanny did too, but they look awesome, and they have plus points for being Grass typed)

And, before anybody comments on it being competetive in that sense, it also has the problem ingame anyway, and I didn't factor in competetive anyway, if I did, it would be so much worse.

EDIT: Wha- WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SURSKIT/MASQUERAIN USERBAR!? WHY WAS IT DELETED!?

I think they should give an unique type for Pinsir's evolution and Bug/Dark seems interesting, even if it make Pinsir hugely outclassed by Heracross, not that it matters at all.

Sigh,,, maybe, but I personally dislike it changing. I likr the idea of Pinsir being Dark, but I don't like that sort of change.

Oh, but, it would be so novelty! The only Dark Type of Gen I! Then people will HAVE (yeah right) to like Bugs! So, maybe it should?

Quote Originally Posted by Operia View Post
    You can't post until you become a member. If you want to become a member, fill a form on the 1st page.
    Yes and his dex description would fit if he gained the dark type upon evolution, since it already makes Pinscir seem like this ferocious beast.
    Two one liner posts. A warning for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    I think they should give an unique type for Pinsir's evolution and Bug/Dark seems interesting, even if it make Pinsir hugely outclassed by Heracross, not that it matters at all.
    You can't post until you become a member. If you want to become a member, fill a form on the 1st page.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRaymon View Post
    Lmao. I am a member, go check the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Being a Dark type would just outclass him more, since he'll be weak against both of Heracross' STAB moves, which are already powerfull to begin with.

Also, it would be weak against it's own type, Bug. (I guess Leavanny did too, but they look awesome, and they have plus points for being Grass typed)

And, before anybody comments on it being competetive in that sense, it also has the problem ingame anyway, and I didn't factor in competetive anyway, if I did, it would be so much worse.

EDIT: Wha- WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SURSKIT/MASQUERAIN USERBAR!? WHY WAS IT DELETED!?
    In case you don't use bug types much, let me remind you that bug resisits fighting so it would do normal damage.
    A dark stab sucker punch from a bug/dark pinsir would do half damage yes but it would still bring it down to x.5 because it's a stab. And with a strong priority like that it would do some serious damage to heracross

Spoiler:

In case you don't use bug types much, let me remind you that bug resisits fighting so it would do normal damage.
    A dark stab sucker punch from a bug/dark pinsir would do half damage yes but it would still bring it down to x.5 because it's a stab. And with a strong priority like that it would do some serious damage to heracross
    Wait, bug resists fighting? I thought it was the other way around. Well, now I know that all my Gen V games are glitched.

And, because it's stab, but it resists, it would be x0.75 the regular damage.

Wait, bug resists fighting? I thought it was the other way around. Well, now I know that all my Gen V games are glitched.

And, because it's stab, but it resists, it would be x0.75 the regular damage.
    Oh yeah my bad. My calculations were off
    And yup that's why bug/steel only has fire as a weakness. That's why I absolutely love using scizor and crustle together to counter scizors only weakness. It works pretty well

Spoiler:

Oh yeah my bad. My calculations were off
    And yup that's why bug/steel only has fire as a weakness. That's why I absolutely love using scizor and crustle together to counter scizors only weakness. It works pretty well
    Oh, yeah. I actually wish there was a Bug/Stewl with Heatproof, for having no weaknesses.

Oh, yeah. I actually wish there was a Bug/Stewl with Heatproof, for having no weaknesses.
    It wouldn't do that. I just looked it up on bulbapedia and it said this: Heatproof halves the damage done by Fire-type attacks and the burn status ailment.
    If you had a bug steel with heatproof holding an occa berry, that would bring down the damage a lot. What I do with my durant most of the time is make him hold an occa berry so that fire only does 2x compared to 4x damage

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Lmao. I am a member, go check the first post.
    Lol.

I'm not getting why people want Pinsir to evolve. All I want for Pinsir is a better movepool. They're counterparts, after all. It wouldn't be fair if Durant got a second evolution if Heatmor didn't. Unless both Heracross and Pinsir evolves, I'm not sure I'll want Pinsir to evolve. Just give it a better movepool.

//wish for Gen VI

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

It wouldn't do that. I just looked it up on bulbapedia and it said this: Heatproof halves the damage done by Fire-type attacks and the burn status ailment.
    If you had a bug steel with heatproof holding an occa berry, that would bring down the damage a lot. What I do with my durant most of the time is make him hold an occa berry so that fire only does 2x compared to 4x damage
    Yeah, I know. But if it were to have the ability you wouldn't have to use Occa, and use something better/different.

But really, I just want to see a Bug/Ice.

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast