Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug-type Pokemon fan club

I am a disgrace..

So, this tournament, is it over Wifi?
    Since I don't have acess to Wifi, which I learned apparently no one else here have, I have to use PO if joining anything.
    Last edited by Schade; 7th February 2013 at 5:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    So, this tournament, is it over Wifi?
    The tournament includes battles on Pokemon Showdown; Pokemon online, or over Wi-Fi
    Not all of us have access to wi-fi(I do), so we battle where we can.
    The tournament rules(at least this one)is to use only bug Pokemon, with exception of Genesect, because Genect is overpowered, and nothing can beat it, I mean no bugs(accept Volcarona)can stand to Genesect's attacks.

So an all Bug-Type tournament over PO (in my case)
    I shall concider joining if such an event comes by again

speaking of tournaments the winter friendly is coming up
    I was going to use the godly Genesect since you can use ubers. which drive should i give mine?

EDIT: beat Meismadatyou... regrettably took out my rage on his pokemon but good game man
    Last edited by Yveltal96; 8th February 2013 at 2:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    speaking of tournaments the winter friendly is coming up
    I was going to use the godly Genesect since you can use ubers. which drive should i give mine?

EDIT: beat Meismadatyou... regrettably took out my rage on his pokemon but good game man
    Give it a Douse Drive to take out any dangerous fire-types.
    Omg, I almost said Disco Drive. XD

I'm playing through Heartgold again. BUGSY IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BEAT.
    Serves me right for having two bug-types and a grass-type on my team. -w-

Quote Originally Posted by HetaOni View Post
    Give it a Douse Drive to take out any dangerous fire-types.
    Omg, I almost said Disco Drive. XD

I'm playing through Heartgold again. BUGSY IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BEAT.
    Serves me right for having two bug-types and a grass-type on my team. -w-
    That's not a bad idea and also im sure there will be a LOT of fire types on it...im expecting volcarona
    bugsy is easy to beat with a scyther
    but i forget when you get him in that game lol

That's not a bad idea and also im sure there will be a LOT of fire types on it...im expecting volcarona
    but i forget when you get him in that game lol
    You can't get him until after bugsy if I remember right. You get him in the bug catching contest at the national park only.

Why does it show that I have 0 posts?!
    I claim Leafeon, Hydreigon & Volcarona!

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by xerneas96 View Post
    You can't get him until after bugsy if I remember right. You get him in the bug catching contest at the national park only.

Why does it show that I have 0 posts?!
    oh yeah i remember that!
    all the cool bug pokemon were in the national park i think i need to start playing it again just to catch a bajillion more bug pokemon

Hey everybodie, if you still havnt participated in some of the bug tournament bouts, please make sure you sort it out with your opponent. Where approaching a week from the start of the tourney and they've been fun but i wanna be in the finals already XD.

Yeahh i've noticed somthing aswell about syther... Could someone tell me why are people using him over Scizor, like whats the reason people choose to use syther over scizor on a competitive lvl?
    Bug-Type Represent !

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Moth View Post
    Hey everybodie, if you still havnt participated in some of the bug tournament bouts, please make sure you sort it out with your opponent. Where approaching a week from the start of the tourney and they've been fun but i wanna be in the finals already XD.

Yeahh i've noticed somthing aswell about syther... Could someone tell me why are people using him over Scizor, like whats the reason people choose to use syther over scizor on a competitive lvl?
    i use them both about equal
    the thing i have found with scyther and scizor is as you may know they have the same base stat total but they both have COMPLETELY different playing styles. for example the kind of set i run with my scyther is a swords dance set and i abuse the ability technician with moves like wing attack and bug bite so scyther is someone you use if you need someone out of the way quickly. but scizor has his own roles what i do with mine is i give him a life orb and teach him roost swords dance bullet punch and bug bite, so scizor plays a more defensive role in most teams

Hey folks what do yu think should male combees should be given an separate evolution just like kirlia and snorunt?
    I guess it'de be great...!!

Quote Originally Posted by bleuumbreon View Post
    Hey folks what do yu think should male combees should be given an separate evolution just like kirlia and snorunt?
    I guess it'de be great...!!
    i think it would be great
    i mentioned this on a different thread but i think he should become a warrior drone and be a bug/fighting

^ I agree with this. I've always seen Beedrill as Vespiquens unofficial counterpart. But Beedrill sucks so... yeah..

^ I agree with this. I've always seen Beedrill as Vespiquens unofficial counterpart. But Beedrill sucks so... yeah..
    speaking off beedrill i hope they come up with a fourth stage evolution just for him
    because he's just hardly usable competitively

I really doubt that. He's a mutated killer bee. t would be difficult to invent a new evolution for him.

yeah this is true but i can dream can't i
    he was my favorite bug for a long time and used him in soul silver and fire red...until i found out he was next to useless
    i mean with toxic spikes and u-turn he has some use but not very much

I really doubt that. He's a mutated killer bee. t would be difficult to invent a new evolution for him.
    You receive a second warning for breaking the rule again.
    Be careful mext time, as the 3rd one will lead to your week ban.

As for Beedrill, it doesn't suck.
    Give it Razor Claw, Sniper ability, and X-Scissor(Twineedle), Poison Jab, Drill Run and Brick Break, and see how others are defeated, not Beedrill.

That was one liners? Well, literally speaking but.. that long sentences haven't counted before.
    Oh well, I'll try harder.

Beedrills defense is so fragile. Anything with Ice Shard (which many of my pokč's have) or faster Pokemon in general, is able to take it out without much effort

Quote Originally Posted by RealRaymon View Post
    [B]
    Give it Razor Claw, Sniper ability, and X-Scissor(Twineedle), Poison Jab, Drill Run and Brick Break, and see how others are defeated, not Beedrill.
    well i'm not saying beedrill sucks
    it's just very hard to use in competitive battle
    there are some bugs that are slightly more usable in that manner
    if they at least changed his stats i would love that

That was one liners? Well, literally speaking but.. that long sentences haven't counted before.
    Oh well, I'll try harder.

It actually has always counted as "a one liner" and not because of the line itself, but because the post lacks content.( we've just been EXTREAMLY slack with enforcing this club rule) These post are literally like me saying "no way, volcarona is awsome bro cause it's a bug fire type of goodness sake." Although this post may be true , its not contributing a whole lot on a technical level. But regardless its against the club rules and Sweet may specifically created a new topic just to show that it was a new rule, in which has to be enforced.. Sorry to get all...yeah..

Quote Originally Posted by RealRaymon View Post

Lol i've always wanted to see someone pull of a similer play to the one you summed up here bro.
    Because sniper ability with razor claw or scope lens could be abused by someone whom has very good luck or karma.
    But a shame cause beedrill doesn't get that many crit moves though, cause from my knowledge Air cutter is the only high crit rate move, in which it can learn. ( and thats in 4th gen)
    Actually it could be rather good against other bugs perhaps? I mean.. forget scope lens and razor claw it might increase the rate of getting a crit purly by the amount of damage recieved? So i'm thinking a choice scarfed beedrill, using air cutter against another bug type or even a psychic or grass type for x2 damage might be the same as using a razor claw or scope lens.

Cause i know i get crits when im using super effective moves alot
    Bug-Type Represent !

Lol i've always wanted to see someone pull of a similer play to the one you summed up here bro.
    Because sniper ability with razor claw or scope lens could be abused by someone whom has very good luck or karma.
    But a shame cause beedrill doesn't get that many crit moves though, cause from my knowledge Air cutter is the only high crit rate move, in which it can learn. ( and thats in 4th gen)
    Actually it could be rather good against other bugs perhaps? I mean.. forget scope lens and razor claw it might increase the rate of getting a crit purly by the amount of damage recieved? So i'm thinking a choice scarfed beedrill, using air cutter against another bug type or even a psychic or grass type for x2 damage might be the same as using a razor claw or scope lens.

Cause i know i get crits when im using super effective moves alot
    gotta love the ability sniper
    i love abusing it with the scope lens like you said
    i wonder if any more bug pokemon will have it this generation coming up
    if they make another moth or butterfly pokemon do any of you think it will have sniper? and if so what typing?

Drill Run, and Twineedle.
    Why Twineedle? It has two chances to get 12,5 % of crit, or one chance to have a 25% crit
    if they make another moth or butterfly pokemon do any of you think it will have sniper? and if so what typing?
    I don't think they'll get sniper, because Moth and Butterfly Pokemon usually get Compoundeyes and/or Shield Dust.
    Snipers usually have a razor point claws, that Moths, Butterflies don't have.
    Last edited by RealRaymon; 9th February 2013 at 2:49 PM.

i think it would be great
    i mentioned this on a different thread but i think he should become a warrior drone and be a bug/fighting
    oh yeah bug/fighting would be really wicked and damn cool........or maybe even bug/ice type wouldn't be bad........you know something different...!

Quote Originally Posted by bleuumbreon View Post
    oh yeah bug/fighting would be really wicked and damn cool........or maybe even bug/ice type wouldn't be bad........you know something different...!
    i would like that :3
    only issue is that ice is an atrocious defensive typing for a bug to have

Quote Originally Posted by yveltal96 View Post
    speaking off beedrill i hope they come up with a fourth stage evolution just for him
    because he's just hardly usable competitively
    nah giving beedrill 4th evo would make no good sense.....i mean how would it look or what type would it have..?

Maybe illumise and volbeat should be given an evolution...!

Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast