Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 575 of 1041

Thread: Bug-type Pokemon fan club

  1. #551
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Red Dream of Calamity
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    Bug-Types.. Well, they're pretty usefull in early in-game, but further on, they kinda gets outclassed by a lot. except from Yanmega, lol
    I don't use them often, but the thing i like the most is how they can kill off Psychics, which are a bit hard to eliminate otherwise


  2. #552
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    Which bug Pokemon are your favourite?
    I really like the Caterpie line thanks to the anime, the Weedle line is also cool. I really like Venonat, not Venomoth, just Venonat. Scyther was and still is my favorite Kanto bug type Pokemon, I never liked Pinsir though.
    From Johto, well I liked both the Lediba and Spinarak lines, Yanma is great and it's evolution is even better. I gotta say my favorites from the second gen are Scizor, Heracross, and Ledian, I really like Ledian's design.
    I loved the split evolution that Wurmple brought to the table, other than that I don't remember much of the bugs from the third gen. I remembered Armaldo, Armaldo FTW!
    I love Vespiquen's designed and it is now one of my favorite bug types, Yanmega is awesome and I love Mothim's design, especially shiny Mothim.
    The 5th gen was great to bug types, I love the Joltik and Larvesta lines. I belive the Venepide line is one of the best designed and Leavanny is starting to grow on me as well as Crustle.
    So if I have to pick my favorites (no particular order) I'll go with Ledian, Scizor, Galvantula, Yanmega, Heracross, Mothim, Butterfree, Vespiquen, Beedrill, Armaldo, Volcarona.

    Do you like Aaron, Bugsy or Burgh?
    No I don't. I don't like how the creators designed these guys to be so........ flamboyant, to not use another word. I mean I'm not alone on this but for the earlier part of my childhood I wasn't sure of Bugsy's gender. I just wish they would stop making the bug type gym leaders/E4 memeber(s) so eccentric, again not to use another word. I have nothing against gay people(my best friend is gay), it's just come on Game Freak, I haven't met a gay dude that likes bugs, and yet the character designs for the so called Authorities on bug types seem "gay"?

    I'm sorry if I offended someone, it wasn't my intention.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 13th February 2013 at 9:15 PM.

  3. #553
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Red Dream of Calamity
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    As a flamboyant part of the male side of humanity, I did not find that offensive.
    I do like aaron the best. He uses Drapion, despite the fact he is not a Bug-Type.


  4. #554
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    516

    Default

    Well well...
    Newcomers don't read the rules, do they?
    Quote Originally Posted by HetaOni View Post
    Hey, was anyone actually hoping the new Eeveelution would be Bug-type?
    Quote Originally Posted by HetaOni View Post
    It was a mountain guard or something and a hunter was trying to catch it I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoesThief View Post
    Is that when they meet Brycen?
    So, HetaOni and ShoesThief, you get a first warning for one-liner posts. Be careful next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by HetaOni View Post
    Hey, was anyone actually hoping the new Eeveelution would be Bug-type?
    I think that the New Eevelution is a Flying type. It is 100% true. It shares Skyla's colours, and has bows lika Skyla does. Really, the colours are exactly the same as Skyla's.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Which bug Pokemon are your favourite?
    So if I have to pick my favorites (no particular order) I'll go with Ledian, Scizor, Galvantula, Yanmega, Heracross, Mothim, Butterfree, Vespiquen, Beedrill, Armaldo, Volcarona.

    Do you like Aaron, Bugsy or Burgh?
    I just wish they would stop making the bug type gym leaders/E4 memeber(s) so eccentric, again not to use another word. I have nothing against gay people(my best friend is gay), it's just come on Game Freak, I haven't met a gay dude that likes bugs, and yet the character designs for the so called Authorities on bug types seem "gay"?
    Firstly, I share the same favourite bug types. I hope you see which favourite are mine

    Secondly, I don't like flamboyant people...I don't think that's a right thing to be a gay. Seriously.
    But, I respect every person's decision. And opinion.
    Topic closed, it is a Bug Pokemon club.

  5. #555
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Username: OceanicLanturn
    Favorite thing about Bug-types? Hmm... It all really depends. Some of them is about designs, while others is about strength. For example, I love Butterfree and Leavanny. As for strength, I just swept a team in doubles with a +1 Volcarona in Sun w/ Ninetales, both spamming Heat Waves like cousins!

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  6. #556
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Username: OceanicLanturn
    Favorite thing about Bug-types? Hmm... It all really depends. Some of them is about designs, while others is about strength. For example, I love Butterfree and Leavanny. As for strength, I just swept a team in doubles with a +1 Volcarona in Sun w/ Ninetales, both spamming Heat Waves like cousins!
    Accepted
    Volcarona in the sun is unstoppable. Without the boosts. With them you can just stop playing, because the result is very obvious

  7. #557
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Red Dream of Calamity
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    Volcarona. Can it even do anyting without Quiver Dance? Every single one I have battled had Quiver Dance.
    And the gay thing is not a choice, Rayray.


  8. #558
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRaymon View Post
    Accepted
    Volcarona in the sun is unstoppable. Without the boosts. With them you can just stop playing, because the result is very obvious
    Thanks for accepting me!
    Also, Stealth Rock bro, Stealth Rock :3

    Volcarona really needs Spin support to work well. Sun is appreciated. Still, Volcarona still has its down points. For example, it's walled by Dragonite for non-hp ice variants, while terrakion can take on its move for those not carrying hp ground. It forces volcarona out, take SR damage, and BOOM! Yeah, using Volcarona really requires some team support. But it's a star in doubles. Yes, it may be Rock Slide Weak, but the combination of TWO Heat Wave spamming in one turn is devestating... Especially coming off a +1 Volcarona in sun.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  9. #559
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Thanks for accepting me!
    Also, Stealth Rock bro, Stealth Rock :3

    Volcarona really needs Spin support to work well. Sun is appreciated. Still, Volcarona still has its down points. For example, it's walled by Dragonite for non-hp ice variants, while terrakion can take on its move for those not carrying hp ground. It forces volcarona out, take SR damage, and BOOM! Yeah, using Volcarona really requires some team support. But it's a star in doubles. Yes, it may be Rock Slide Weak, but the combination of TWO Heat Wave spamming in one turn is devestating... Especially coming off a +1 Volcarona in sun.
    mmm i no what you mean, this is the play i offten clean house with. Send out Illumise, use thunderwave, confuse ray, then sunny day, ( if im not dead then i spam somthign untill then but im normaly dead after the suny day. Then i switch into volbeat and use tail glow, then baton pass and i then i can use a +3 SPA volc in the sun, if i can though i normally go for the +6 as even without the sun that just owns on my modest, scarfed volc


    Which bug Pokemon are your favourite?

    My favourite pokemon without any dout or second questioning, is volcarona. Not only does volcarona resemble one of my favorite IRL moths(hyalophora cecropia), it in my eyes has one of the best concepts backing up the pokemon itself. A moth, born from the flames <3 , a fire bug type for petes sake, not to mention its a guardian of a mountain XD
    Everything about volcarona i love personally.. from its odd looking antenna down to its voluptuous abdomen, everything about it is beautiful <3

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Do you like Aaron, Bugsy or Burgh?
    No I don't. I don't like how the creators designed these guys to be so........ flamboyant, to not use another word. I mean I'm not alone on this but for the earlier part of my childhood I wasn't sure of Bugsy's gender. I just wish they would stop making the bug type gym leaders/E4 memeber(s) so eccentric, again not to use another word. I have nothing against gay people(my best friend is gay), it's just come on Game Freak, I haven't met a gay dude that likes bugs, and yet the character designs for the so called Authorities on bug types seem "gay"?

    I'm sorry if I offended someone, it wasn't my intention.

    Hehehehe, * massive face palm*
    hehe i didnt no what to think when i saw this post ay, i can see soo well its full of yourself thinking like, "oh crap did i just say that ".
    heheehe , but i have also noticed that all the main bug trainers have a rather stylish, color coordinating swagger in which no other can mimic.
    lol "flamboyant", i honestly dont no what to say xD .
    lol btw bro theirs nuthign wrong with an eccentrix ( xD ) trainer
    who can harness bug pokemon to their fullest. Though you do have a very interesting point that makes me contemplate Gamefreak's motive
    of creating the character design of those trainers the way they did.. I mean.. i noticed how well dressed and "silky smooth" bug trainers started to look, i see your point bug trainers look pretty cool ya no? lol




    These pictures offer an interesting train of thought, upon the train of thought gamefreak had, while creating these characters... lol and i personally like them xD

    >.>
    Last edited by Celestial Moth; 13th February 2013 at 12:44 PM.

  10. #560
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    3,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    As a flamboyant part of the male side of humanity, I did not find that offensive.
    I do like aaron the best. He uses Drapion, despite the fact he is not a Bug-Type.
    Yup, but Drapion is bug in this club. Plus Skorupi should be able to make it's own decisions, we must support it.

    Go Skorupi! Get Levitate when you evolve



    Oh, yeah, and my Masquerain decided to solo a Volcarona by Hydro Pumping it do death, and then Ice Beaming that Garchomp til frozen like a Vanniluxe! I poves uou Masquerain :3



    favorite Bugs are Masquerain and Surskit of course, but I also like fellow Moth Mothim, Scorpion Drapion, and Leaf Ug-Godess Leavanny (yup, Leavanny is basedoff of a Godess. Seriously. I was surprised too)
    Last edited by dirkac; 13th February 2013 at 2:58 PM.

  11. #561
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Username: OceanicLanturn
    Favorite thing about Bug-types? Hmm... It all really depends. Some of them is about designs, while others is about strength. For example, I love Butterfree and Leavanny. As for strength, I just swept a team in doubles with a +1 Volcarona in Sun w/ Ninetales, both spamming Heat Waves like cousins!
    my favorite pokemon in the sun is definitely chlorophyll leavanny, she is an unstoppable sun sweeper
    i also love a volcarona getting his heat wave boosted in the sun

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Which bug Pokemon are your favourite?
    I really like the Caterpie line thanks to the anime, the Weedle line is also cool. I really like Venonat, not Venomoth, just Venonat. Scytaher was and still is my favorite Kanto bug type Pokemon, I never liked Pinsir though.
    From Johto, well I liked both the Lediba and Spinarak lines, Yanma is great and it's evolution is even better. I gotta say my favorites from the second gen are Scizor, Heracross, and Ledian, I really like Ledian's design.
    I loved the split evolution that Wurmple brought to the table, other than that I don't remember much of the bugs from the third gen. I remembered Armaldo, Armaldo FTW!
    I love Vespiquen's designed and it is now one of my favorite bug types, Yanmega is awesome and I love Mothim's design, especially shiny Mothim.
    The 5th gen was great to bug types, I love the Joltik and Larvesta lines. I belive the Venepide line is one of the best designed and Leavanny is starting to grow on me as well as Crustle.
    So if I have to pick my favorites (no particular order) I'll go with Ledian, Scizor, Galvantula, Yanmega, Heracross, Mothim, Butterfree, Vespiquen, Beedrill, Armaldo, Volcarona.

    Do you like Aaron, Bugsy or Burgh?
    No I don't. I don't like how the creators designed these guys to be so........ flamboyant, to not use another word. I mean I'm not alone on this but for the earlier part of my childhood I wasn't sure of Bugsy's gender. I just wish they would stop making the bug type gym leaders/E4 memeber(s) so eccentric, again not to use another word. I have nothing against gay people(my best friend is gay), it's just come on Game Freak, I haven't met a gay dude that likes bugs, and yet the character designs for the so called Authorities on bug types seem "gay"?

    I'm sorry if I offended someone, it wasn't my intention.
    i'm glad there's someone here that also likes scyther and scizor
    i also really like armaldo he is good for setting up entry hazards and spinning them away

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  12. #562
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Sorry Raymon! Didn't mean to get a strike :c

    As for the whole Arron, Bugsy, Burgh question I really enjoyed Arron out of all the guys. At first I didn't know if Bugsy was a boy/girl. And Burgh was just weird in my eyes. And the Japanese Burgh was named Artie which I found nicer since he was an artist. Arron was a pretty cool guy in the anime and had a connection with the bug type he owned.

    And my favorite bug types would be: Butterfree, Beedrill, Sizor, Heracross, Fortress, Armaldo, Mothim, Ariados, Crustle, and Vespiqueen. These are the handful I truly like in game. I do like others on how they look and are in game! But I didn't want to make a huge list XD
        Spoiler:- Credit:

  13. #563
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoesThief View Post
    Sorry Raymon! Didn't mean to get a strike :c

    As for the whole Arron, Bugsy, Burgh question I really enjoyed Arron out of all the guys. At first I didn't know if Bugsy was a boy/girl. And Burgh was just weird in my eyes. And the Japanese Burgh was named Artie which I found nicer since he was an artist. Arron was a pretty cool guy in the anime and had a connection with the bug type he owned.

    And my favorite bug types would be: Butterfree, Beedrill, Sizor, Heracross, Fortress, Armaldo, Mothim, Ariados, Crustle, and Vespiqueen. These are the handful I truly like in game. I do like others on how they look and are in game! But I didn't want to make a huge list XD
    in all honesty i didn't like Burgh all that much but i liked Bugsy and Arron a lot i thought they were well designed
    and i still can't get over the fact that Bugsy had a sweeping metapod in the anime i want it!
    I mean sure Burgh wasn't the best design IMO i mean i get what they were going for he's kind of some loose cannon artist but idk i think he should have been designed differently
    in this new gen coming out i am really hoping for another bug gym leader or even a bug elite four member again

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  14. #564
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    in all honesty i didn't like Burgh all that much but i liked Bugsy and Arron a lot i thought they were well designed
    and i still can't get over the fact that Bugsy had a sweeping metapod in the anime i want it!
    I mean sure Burgh wasn't the best design IMO i mean i get what they were going for he's kind of some loose cannon artist but idk i think he should have been designed differently
    in this new gen coming out i am really hoping for another bug gym leader or even a bug elite four member again
    I did like how Burgh was a artist bug type gym leader. But I too think they could have done it differently for him. And I think that they might not do a bug gym in Gen 6. I would totally love if they did! But I'd rather see another Bug E4 member. Arron was really nice and cool...before I battled him I hid in his giant log that was in his area XD
        Spoiler:- Credit:

  15. #565
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoesThief View Post
    I did like how Burgh was a artist bug type gym leader. But I too think they could have done it differently for him. And I think that they might not do a bug gym in Gen 6. I would totally love if they did! But I'd rather see another Bug E4 member. Arron was really nice and cool...before I battled him I hid in his giant log that was in his area XD
    lol i think it is safe to say everyone did...well at least i did haha
    but i am fairly confident that there will be a bug gym in this new gen
    observe the picture: pokemon-x-and-y-bug-gym-screenshot-646x484.jpg

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  16. #566
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    lol i think it is safe to say everyone did...well at least i did haha
    but i am fairly confident that there will be a bug gym in this new gen
    observe the picture: pokemon-x-and-y-bug-gym-screenshot-646x484.jpg
    Ahhh. Totally forgot about the spiderweb bounce in the XY commercial. And In X and Y I'll more then likely use the first bug in the game. I think playing HG with Butterfree has taught me to use bugs more often.
        Spoiler:- Credit:

  17. #567
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoesThief View Post
    Ahhh. Totally forgot about the spiderweb bounce in the XY commercial. And In X and Y I'll more then likely use the first bug in the game. I think playing HG with Butterfree has taught me to use bugs more often.
    i will probably use both of them unless there is a bug eeveelution then i will use only one of them
    and when i saw the spider web thing in the commercial i was so excited
    i hope they bring bug catchers back i was so disappointed when Burgh's gym was full of clowns

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  18. #568
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i will probably use both of them unless there is a bug eeveelution then i will use only one of them
    and when i saw the spider web thing in the commercial i was so excited
    i hope they bring bug catchers back i was so disappointed when Burgh's gym was full of clowns
    If they're is a bug eeveelution then I will totally use that for my bug type! I'm really excited if there will be one. And I'm glad I wasn't the only one disappointed with the clowns. In the end it should have been a mix between artist trainers and Bug Catchers. I'm also really excited to see what the first bug types will be available and their evolution line!
        Spoiler:- Credit:

  19. #569
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoesThief View Post
    If they're is a bug eeveelution then I will totally use that for my bug type! I'm really excited if there will be one. And I'm glad I wasn't the only one disappointed with the clowns. In the end it should have been a mix between artist trainers and Bug Catchers. I'm also really excited to see what the first bug types will be available and their evolution line!
    so long as one of them is bug/dark i will be so happy
    i have always wanted one since gen III
    i forget who posted it but a few pages back someone posted some cool fan art of what a bug/dark would look like
    i thought it was a really cool piece of fan art

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  20. #570
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Red Dream of Calamity
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    Bzzzzzz

    The female mantis slowly eats her mating partner during woohoo.
    The more you know~


  21. #571
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,239

    Default

    thanks for that Elysian lol
    but speaking of mantis, they definitely should make one of the regional bugs a mantis
    it could be bug/fighting
    i think someone has mentioned this before so cred to them but i think it is still a fantastic idea

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  22. #572
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Red Dream of Calamity
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    Well, Scyther do exist so..... it would be unnecessary to create another. Besides, isn't Leavanny a mantis too?
    It sure does resemble it with its creepy arms and body.
    Last edited by Schade; 13th February 2013 at 6:07 PM.


  23. #573
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    Well, Scyther do exist so..... it would be unnecessary to create another. Besides, isn't Leavanny a mantis too?
    Scyther and Sizor are both Praying mantis......and I'd say Leavanny would be a Praying Mantis!
    I'd really like a mosquito or a dung beetle than again there are a ton of different stuff they could pull out
    Last edited by ShoesThief; 13th February 2013 at 6:49 PM.
        Spoiler:- Credit:

  24. #574
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,239

    Default

    well then lol i still think they could use another mantis pokemon
    i think they are cool bugs
    a dung bettle...now that is an interesting idea...what would it's type be?

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  25. #575
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Red Dream of Calamity
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    a dung beetle? Would probably be a Dark-Type.
    because I don't know what that is, but it soudns dark. lol


Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •