Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug-type Pokemon fan club

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon,master View Post
    I actually missed the genesect event....
    But you won't miss a week ban here
    I told you not to do one liners, but you disobeyed me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheForestSage View Post
    Especially Volcarona :O wow haha
    You have posted a one liner.
    In normal case, you will receive a warning. But I have a tradition not to make a warning in the same post I say "accepted!"

So, be careful next time. And you are accepted to the club. Welcome!

There was a Genesect-event? Oh well. xD
    My opinion on Genesect isn't realy much to brag about, but I don't know if it should be a legendary.
    or I could be wrong. I don't know how stron that thing is

Quote Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
    My opinion on Genesect isn't realy much to brag about, but I don't know if it should be a legendary.
    Genesect is an utter beast!.
    The Greatest known prehistoric Hunter, brought back to life through fossilized DNA and genetically enhanced in that method!.
    The bug from the past, killer in the future hunting charazards and dragonites with scarfs and bands bruh.
    Its a legendary cause its the ultimate Hunter , i believe it could even take a mewtwo with eease, dem pychic legandaries go nuthing
    now that the greatest bug hunter was brought back to life from a fossile <3
    Genesect owns bro, Put a scarf on it and with download you can have an easy sweep with ATT or SPA.
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

I bet I could defeat it with a Heatran xD

But, wow. It does sounds quite bad*** D:

Yes. Genesect event came out when B2/W2 came out.
    I for one never used it so I can't say how good it is, but a lot of people like it.
    And of course Hetran would kill it! It's Bug/steel!
        Spoiler:- Credit:

I am going to challenge Elite 4 now in my Emerald!
    Here is my mono-Bug team:

Wonder why Hariyama is on my team?
    I was grinding my Bugs in the Victory Road, and look what I've found!

I am assuming you are not going to use Hariyama?
    Due to the fact that it is not a Bug-Type, last time I checked xP

What's up with my userbar and bug type pokemon club icon?
    It's just not there. Is anyone else having problems with this?
    I claim Leafeon, Hydreigon & Volcarona!

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
    :O
    how dare you insult the one true Predator/Terminator!
    haha jk but whyyyy Genesect is one of the best bug pokemon in existance
    his attacking stats are mixed and his ability download basically points out your opponents weaknesses
    Genesect is the beast of the century

EDIT: um by the way why is all our bug club stuff not up right now????
    Last edited by Yveltal96; 28th February 2013 at 3:08 AM.

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Hey guys were aware of the bug errors currently present with our userbars and banners, though it seems that only banners by a specific artist are not working, perhaps an account problem? Anyways, it might be sorted momentarily
    Bug-Type Represent !

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Moth View Post
    Hey guys were aware of the bug errors currently present with our userbars and banners, though it seems that only banners by a specific artist are not working, perhaps an account problem? Anyways, it might be sorted momentarily
    It is not a bug, or an account problem.
    He just made a new rule(due to the fact that he can't store more images), that every person should upload images he makes on own image server. I did that, you can see on the first page the new ones, so members with the beginner userbars, find your userbar on the first page and use it, the URL is different, it's mine, actually.
    Yvetal 96, I got yours as well.
    Mine, CM's and Dirkac's userbars were deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRaymon View Post
    He just made a new rule(due to the fact that he can't store more images), that every person should upload images he makes on own image server. I did that, you can see on the first page the new ones, so members with the beginner userbars, find your userbar on the first page and use it, the URL is different, it's mine, actually.
    I got the new adobe flashplayer and it seemed to fix most of the problems with photobucket stuff but for some reason stuff like the bug type pokemon button still says "Look who's popular, is this your photo? Or something like that
    I claim Leafeon, Hydreigon & Volcarona!

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by RealRaymon View Post
    alright thank you
    is the banner by Extroph just not replaceable?
    and the button as well?

Ask me stupid stuff

Just noticed the problem. I hope it gets resolved soon! D:
    As for me I just bought Platinum today and Yanmega and Drapion both have slots on my team.
    Hopefully they help a lot on the team and make good spots
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Drapions are awesome! Give them Earthquake, and they're... awesome! xD
    And Yanmega.. Well, not my favourite but.. They're pretty good too (:

Quote Originally Posted by TheForestSage View Post
    Username: TheForestSage
    Favorite thing about Bug-types? The fact that they are different to all other pokemon and how they started off as the weakest type but now rule OU
    Although this is a bug club, I won't say it rules OU, unless you play with Genesect, which is banned with Smogon OU.

I've always wondered when they'll make a cute, small marketable Pokemon and give it to the main girl in Pokemon. For example, when will they give the co-star a main bug type? I know May has Beautifly, but it isn't her main Pokemon. In fact, she ditched it the first moment BF began. Dawn and Iris have yet to receive a bug type Pokemon so far. I've always wondered when they'll give a main bug type to the girl. Example: Piplup to Dawn, Pikachu to Ash.

And according to the universal rules of Pokemon marketing, the bug type must be cute and huggable.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Although this is a bug club, I won't say it rules OU, unless you play with Genesect, which is banned with Smogon OU.

I've always wondered when they'll make a cute, small marketable Pokemon and give it to the main girl in Pokemon. For example, when will they give the co-star a main bug type? I know May has Beautifly, but it isn't her main Pokemon. In fact, she ditched it the first moment BF began. Dawn and Iris have yet to receive a bug type Pokemon so far. I've always wondered when they'll give a main bug type to the girl. Example: Piplup to Dawn, Pikachu to Ash.

And according to the universal rules of Pokemon marketing, the bug type must be cute and huggable.

Most people on here regard alot of the smogon rules as the default rules so i would say expect Genesect to be assumed as banned.

Alright everybody, im finished perfecting a bug team and this is it.
    I welcome all sorts of critasism. I have all of these pokes in Wifi currently though some are not lvl 100.
    This teams used in OU and does remarkably well now that if refined all it spossible tactics
    Anyways this is the team.

Nature:Bold
    @Focus sash@
    252+def/156 SPD/102HP
    Ability:Prankster
    Moves'
    ~Attract
    ~thunder wave
    ~Sunny Day
    ~Confuse RAy

I use this illumise to counter and weather exclusive teams like hail sand ect, assist volc with a sun boost, as well as cripple possible threats.

Nature:modest
    @choice Scarf@
    252 SPA/252 SPE/4 SPD
    Ability: Flame body
    moves'
    ~Giga Drain
    ~Psychic
    ~Bug Buzz
    ~ Heat Wave

With this choice scarf volcarona, i can outspeed ALOT of things and with this moveset have a wide array of Super effective moves that could help me out of a sistuation as well as REAP kills with a boosted +6 SPA with a volbeat, or even a normal sun boost from the sun from illumise.

Nature: Bold
    @Focus Sash@
    252 DEF/252 SPD/6HP
    Ability: Prankster
    Moves'
    ~Thunder Wave
    ~confuse ray
    ~Tail Glow
    ~Baton pass

THis volbeat , very similer to the illumise is pure suport and do remarkably well if played correctly. You can cripple and assist your current team with these 2 tank beetles for awhile.

Nature: Adamant
    @Choice Scarf@
    252 ATT/252 SPE/4 HP
    Ability: Moxie
    moves'
    ~Earthquake
    ~rock Slide
    ~Megahorn
    ~Close combat

This heracross owns... 1 Quik ko with a megahorn with get you 1+ ATT with moxie boost, and that just amazing with a scarab beetle that already is a massive threat because of its base Att wich can reach 180+ at lvl 50.
    Rock slide over stone edge because rock slide has a flinch efffect and is also more accurate than stone edge. Close combat for terrakion, easy K0 their with the scarf outspeeding it.

Nature: Adamant
    @Choice Band@
    252 ATT/252 SPD /6 HP
    ABility:Technician
    move's'
    ~Bullet Punch
    ~Arial Ace
    ~Bug Bite
    ~SuperPOwer

THis scizor is just for creating havoc in my opponent, if you slap a choice baned scicor against the majority of teams its punch can deliver significat damage and often only dragonites and lucarios with extream speed can counter it well. Ariel ace so that if cn perhaps get a super effective hit on a paralyzed opponent.
    This scizor owns lol.

Nature:Modest
    @choice specs@
    252 SPA/252 SPE/6 SPD
    Ability:compound eyes
    moves'
    ~Thunder
    ~Bug BUzz
    ~Giga Drain
    ~Volt Switch

Galvantula is powerfull ay, i think the best spider useable in teh current metagame at a competative lvl. You can either run a Choice specsor scarf, some preffer scarf , but i find Specs to be muccch more rewarding :P
    Thunder with compound eyes is awsome especial specd, the rest is obvios ^.^"

Well yeah thats my current bug team perfected on PO and PS and now half constructed completly on wif.
    What you think
    Bug-Type Represent !

Comments in bold.

Your team is largely weak to SR. Illumise doesn't do much in particular, since you already have Volbeat and it's outclassed. Change your Volbeat set to Baton Pass/Tail Glow/Encore/T-wave and replace Illumise with Forretress

Forretress is the only spinner (aside from Armaldo, who gets murdered by Scizor) and provides you with rock support. Here's the set:

Forretress @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp.Def
    0 Spe IV
    - Volt Switch
    - Rapid Spin
    - Gyro Ball
    - Spikes / Stealth Rock

On a side note, Crustle also functions decently as a Spikes/Stealth Rock Setter. You can change something for it. But I won't recommend it. However, if you switch Volc to a QD set, you should drop Volbeat since the only one that benefits from it will be Galvantula. If you feel like dropping volbeat, you should replace it with Crustle or Acceglor. Acceglor is also pretty good, since it's really fast and can setup spikes and have good utility moves like Yawn. So yeah, if you're running spikes acceglor, definitely run SR on Forretress.
    oh believe me that illumise is not weak -_-
    it is one of the only reasons CM beats me in a bug battle
    yeah that team is perfected me no like it

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    oh believe me that illumise is not weak -_-
    it is one of the only reasons CM beats me in a bug battle
    yeah that team is perfected me no like it

Comments in bold.

Your team is largely weak to SR. Illumise doesn't do much in particular, since you already have Volbeat and it's outclassed. Change your Volbeat set to Baton Pass/Tail Glow/Encore/T-wave and replace Illumise with Forretress

Forretress is the only spinner (aside from Armaldo, who gets murdered by Scizor) and provides you with rock support. Here's the set:

Forretress @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp.Def
    0 Spe IV
    - Volt Switch
    - Rapid Spin
    - Gyro Ball
    - Spikes / Stealth Rock

On a side note, Crustle also functions decently as a Spikes/Stealth Rock Setter. You can change something for it. But I won't recommend it. However, if you switch Volc to a QD set, you should drop Volbeat since the only one that benefits from it will be Galvantula. If you feel like dropping volbeat, you should replace it with Crustle or Acceglor. Acceglor is also pretty good, since it's really fast and can setup spikes and have good utility moves like Yawn. So yeah, if you're running spikes acceglor, definitely run SR on Forretress.
    Hmm i understand what you mean bro. This team can safly operate without the entry hazer plays and revolve around blocking or setting them up.
    This team is more or lesss based around illumise and volbeat as they set up with ease upon my opponents in unorthodox ways.
    Its easy to notice that this team is weak against rocks and i use to use a forretress. But i gradually recognized that it wasnt 100% influential as i only ever
    used it to lay out rocks and explode..
    Illumise is a tank really... it can counter so much and as a bug team, knowing that stealth rocks and even spikes only significantly effect my volc, i can still switch it out 2 times sometimes when i correctly project and aline my hax's.

Believe me hazards are overated, people only use them so that they can gain an advantage.. But with a bug team we have so obvios weeknessess that its almost obvious what you opponent is gonna do to you knowing how to correctly counter that can be ground breaking in battling for a player.
    Bug's are really technical, i dont have encore on my volbeat or illumise because theirs other moves that do greater things. Making an opponent locked into a move by encore, MAKEs them switch out, my objective is to stall them so that i can correctly assemble the combination of moves required to take out the poke, confuse ray, para hax and knowledge of when they will actually work is PERFECT for this.
    This team was a long time coming ever since i was told about the Sleepingclause.... ( rest in peace shiny venomoth <3 )
    Bug-Type Represent !

If your Illumise is against anything with Prankster and Taunt, she's pretty much done. :/
    but then again, what can use Taunt, being faster than Illumise, how fast she is...? and have Prankster?

Quote Originally Posted by xerneas96 View Post
    I got the new adobe flashplayer and it seemed to fix most of the problems with photobucket stuff but for some reason stuff like the bug type pokemon button still says "Look who's popular, is this your photo? Or something like that
    It means that the button was deleted
    is the banner by Extroph just not replaceable?
    Yes, unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoesThief View Post
    Just noticed the problem. I hope it gets resolved soon! D:
    Well, the only way to solve the problem is to order new userbars from him.

As for the good news, I have beaten my Emerald with my Bug team!
    Here it is:

Ninjask (M) @ Soft Sand
    Trait: Speed Boost
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Dig
    - Hidden Power [Bug]
    - Aerial Ace

Shedinja @ Silk Scarf
    Trait: Wonder Guard
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Return
    - Hidden Power [Bug]
    - Shadow Ball

Volbeat (M)
    Trait: Swarm
    Quirky Nature
    - Signal Beam
    - Tail Glow
    - Thunderbolt
    - Water Pulse

Dustox
    Trait: Shield Dust
    Bold Nature
    - Psychic
    - Protect
    - Moonlight
    - Toxic

Armaldo
    Trait: Battle Armor
    Adamant Nature
    - Secret Power
    - Earthquake
    - Metal Claw
    - AncientPower

Not trying to be rude, but no team is perfect. Also, hazards aren't overrated. The point is that every team carries sr. Your volbeat and illumise aren't safe when Sr is up. I still suggest you try and throw in a hazard / spinner somewhere. Once illumise and volbeat are down, QD Volca can come in and wreck some havoc if it , has 2 QD up. Sr will discourage it from constantly switching in. Believe me, SR and other hazards aren't overrated, or at least imo.

Gonna turn down your battle invitation btw, currently overseas.
    I get that they aren't safe from SR but it isn't an issue because they are what starts off the team
    so they have little to no concern of it
    and if you really fear entry hazards so much, armoldo is great as a spinner and a great attacker
    and trust me his team is pretty darn close to perfect

Ask me stupid stuff

trust me his team is pretty darn close to perfect
    Post of the week bro <3
    xD

I get that they aren't safe from SR but it isn't an issue because they are what starts off the team
    so they have little to no concern of it
    and if you really fear entry hazards so much, armoldo is great as a spinner and a great attacker
    and trust me his team is pretty darn close to perfect
    True, its hard to set up those 2 QD though. The majority of pokes i verse have stone egde and if i tried to set up on one of them
    it would just be embarrassing lol. Armaldo is good and when breed with for rapid spin its better, but volbeat and illumise can take more hits
    than armaldo and just like those 2 unlesss i send them in first their abilitys stuch as sturdy and their items( focus slash ) mean nuthing.
    What disinguishes them both from armaldo is the fact that they can individually encopassitate a poke and force your team onto the offensive.
    Armaldo is slow ... >.> Battle me some time i can show you :P
    Last edited by Celestial Moth; 2nd March 2013 at 5:06 AM.
    Bug-Type Represent !

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Moth View Post
    Post of the week bro <3
    xD
    True, its hard to set up those 2 QD though. The majority of pokes i verse have stone egde and if i tried to set up on one of them
    it would just be embarrassing lol. Armaldo is good and when breed with for rapid spin its better, but volbeat and illumise can take more hits
    than armaldo and just like those 2 unlesss i send them in first their abilitys stuch as sturdy and their items( focus slash ) mean nuthing.
    What disinguishes them both from armaldo is the fact that they can individually encopassitate a poke and force your team onto the offensive.
    Armaldo is slow ... >.> Battle me some time i can show you :P
    yeah your team is very hard to counter
    and the main reason why you beat my ninjask strategy was cuz of your truckin scizor >.>
    oh well you run a great bug team and i tried my best and failed ^_^ you are the only person that has beaten that team so far though so props
    i don't think there is anything you really need to change

Ask me stupid stuff

Well, I'm bored. I CAN make a topic, like everyone can, right???

Well here goes *gulp*

Between Dustox and Beautify, who do you like more?

I prefer Beautifly but in a gameplay sense I find Dustox to be better. The main reason is that Roxanne will completely run over you if you're a Beaurifly, while Duetox takes less. In general, I prefer Beautifly for its superior movepool and well... Yeah. I don't hate Dustox, its fine too. Butterfree still is the best though!

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast