Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary "evil" Pokemon

Default Legendary "evil" Pokemon

Wonder if they'll someday create evil legendary pokemon?

Imo, all the legendaries are evil. But they are evil before catching them. For example, Kyurem.
    ASB | TPC | TCD
    Claimed Typhlosion.

First, define "evil".

Mew, at least the one in the movie, goes on a racist tirade about real creatures v/s clones. Doesn't do much after that but the core of the concept is there.

Mewtwo goes on a racist tirade as well, but unlike Mew he does engage in it: performs eugenics arranged to eventually be on a massive scale, kidnaps other people's Pokémon, mind controls public servants and causes weather alterations that could have resulted in many deaths, and has plans that amount to basically the complete replacement of a large number of species.

Kyogre and Groudon are warring behemoths of antiquity, content with lashing at each other with landscape-altering powers as soon as they are released no matter that what they are doing could alter the weather on a macroscale (an eruption of the Mt. Pyre caldera or an undersea shockwave propagating from Sootopolis could have very well been disastrous for anything in as "close" range as Slateport).

The Triforce Trio, just like Mew, have there the spirit to be "evil". They have and use powers that nullify the free will and identity of any conscious creature, and they are never hinted to keep those powers in check.

Arceus, despite the potential omniscience, lashes out in anger against the land of Michima times in the future after a sleep where he would have easily found out the truth about the whole matter and stood ground to have corrected it, had he cared.
    Solovino's Sig
    Writing what the Pokémon canon lacks since Jun 2010!

Fics» Sixth -- Playfield -- Cuasi Legendario (Spanish)

Research» Nidoran! and other Pokémon for PEFE
    — — ★ — —
    Banner by Hydro_King

I don't think any legendary is intentionally evil.

The closest to evil I would say is Yveltal, but even then, it's only doing what it actually does naturally than doing it on purpose.

None of them are really evil; they don't have the intent for others to suffer. The only one which comes close is Giratina, with its entry describing a myth of it being violent. Even Mewtwo, being what the Pokédex describes as savage, isn't called evil outright.

Game Freak's been pretty explicit that there's no such thing as a bad or evil Pokemon, only bad or evil humans making Pokemon do bad or evil things.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

I don't think Game Freak would ever want an evil pokemon, Why? It would cause people to not want it. Yes there are somewhat mischievous Pokemon, like Darkrai, Mewtwo, and Giratina, but none are inherently evil. Would someone want some Pokemon that is just out to kill everything? No. Also Pokemon are much like Animals, they are trained to be either good or bad. Let's think, are animals or anything for that matter born good or bad? No.

This is my sig.

In reality, good and evil are both human concepts and are highly subjective. I doubt that Pokémon, as a high fantasy/science fiction RPG aimed at children, will ever cast good and evil as anything other than black and white. That being said Pokémon belong squarely in the neutral territory... Except maybe Missingno!
    Mudcat, The Freshwater Catfish Pokémon.

3DS Name: Mudcat
    3DS Code: 1693-1807-3830
    Friend Safari: Plant-Type
    Safari Pokémon: Tangela, Ivysaur and Gogoat

I do agree that no Pokémon is evil in nature. Except maybe Mewtwo.

But there is something I need to point out. Just because an evil person thinks s/he is doing the right thing or don't consider themselves evil doesn't make them any less evil.

Most Legendary Pokémon are there to control the nature and stuff like that, that's not evil in the slightest.

It's the crime organizations that are evil, not the Pokémon they want to control.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

Yvetel is pretty evil...and I mean it survives by consuming the souls of everything around it.
    To lack fear is stupidity, to face it is bravery.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
    Yvetel is pretty evil...and I mean it survives by consuming the souls of everything around it.
    If it's part of its life cycle, as it says in its pokedex entry, it can't be evil because it can't be helped since it's something it must do to survive.

This is my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem's Eclipse View Post
    If it's part of its life cycle, as it says in its pokedex entry, it can't be evil because it can't be helped since it's something it must do to survive.
    So by your logic, if aliens needed humans to survive and invaded earth just so they can get all the humans for their survivals, that would make them less evil?

I'm sorry, but no. I don't agree with that.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    So by your logic, if aliens needed humans to survive and invaded earth just so they can get all the humans for their survivals, that would make them less evil?

Then is it right for poachers to kill tigers? I mean they kill other animals to survive...so that makes them evil right? Oh wait no, Tigers aren't evil? Its what they need to do to survive. Speaking objectively, nothing is neither good or evil. Good or Evil is a somewhat Subjective topic. However, there are some things that are just plain evil like Hitler. However, an animal needing to do what it needs to survive doesn't make it evil. Also, if Aliens needed humans to survive....we'd probably be gone already or their species would be dead. To answer your question, though not the best scenario for us, it doesn't make the aliens evil if they need to eat humans to survive. We should fight them because it does indeed threaten our existence, but they aren't evil. In that scenario no one is evil in the equation, it's just survival. If they'd kill people for the fun of it...then yeah they're evil, but this is another topic.
    Last edited by Requiem's Eclipse; 18th May 2014 at 8:19 PM.

This is my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by CRVEmaster View Post
    I don't think any legendary is intentionally evil.

The closest to evil I would say is Yveltal, but even then, it's only doing what it actually does naturally than doing it on purpose.
    ^ This.

Even then, I can think of Giratina who got banished into the Distortion World for being violent, though over what we don't have the details. Still, he keeps the balance of matter and anti-matter intact, and acts more territorial than spiteful. I do remember something about how he's at Turnback Cave as some kind of guardian to the underworld, so whether that's what he actually does and the Distortion World is close-by, or the other way around. So in a way, if Yvetal is the Grim Reaper, then Giratina is the entity who guides (lost?) spirits to the other world.

Interesting to see how Legendaries play a vital role in the Pokémon world in terms of nature, life, and death. Of course, that would mean there'd have to be a Legendary akin to the Devil since Arceus (and Mew to an extent) is akin to God, so that role's wrongly placed on Giratina's shoulders. I honestly think he's more similar to Hades than the Devil.

Going by the games, Mewtwo's violence is because of gene splicing, so I don't think that would automatically make him evil. If he was evil, he would've tried to destroy the Pokémon world or at least cause some destruction throughout the game just for the hell of it, but we always find him in caves, whether he was sent there by the scientists or sought it out himself. Sure, he really likes to battle, but I don't think he actively seeks it out when he can just have peace and quiet to meditate. He'll fight only when approached.

The anime kinda makes parallels to this, but everything Mewtwo did was more out of confusion and anger because humans abused science for their own evil purposes. I'm sure that if Mewtwo's circumstances were slightly different (like he actually stayed with Giovanni instead of rebelling, or Amber never interfered), he could've become villainous to the point of being evil, but then again it would mean he would've been influenced by someone who's evil. He may have been born for the sake of fighting, but it was because someone wanted a weapon to pretty much take over the world with. And because he had a conversation about his birth and who he was, he was able to think about it and ask questions. If the scientists were smart about it, they would've not spoken with him and quickly shipped him off to Giovanni for him to deal with. Dr. Fuji is a more kind-hearted man than Giovanni is, even though he had his own issues that can be deemed morally/ethically-wrong.

So anyhoo, since it's been proven that Pokémon are just as intelligent as humans, if not more-so, I'm sure there can be Pokémon who are evil, but like everyone else, they need to be influenced. If Pokémon can be bad because their trainers are bad, then it's possible that a Legendary can be bad because something influenced it into being bad, and/or it willingly made the choice to be bad and abuse its powers. But then again, Pokémon still show animalistic behavior, so their definition of evil would be different from ours.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I'm sure that would make them seem evil from some peoples' perspectives, but what else are they to do? Just lay down and die for our sake? What makes us any better or more worthy of life than them?
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

What if there were evil pokemon sealed away by the good ones for millennia?

Since Aeceys is creation how about an evil counterpart of him based on destruction?

But there is something I need to point out. Just because an evil person thinks s/he is doing the right thing or don't consider themselves evil doesn't make them any less evil.
    What's evil is the intent. Stupidity and ignorance cause a ton of suffering, but what's evil is the desire for suffering to exist; to allow or cause others to be afflicted. People who are unaware don't know any better, but people who simply don't give a damn about others, who permit malicious things to happen to others when they do know better and can help or stop it, are just as evil and responsible for crime as one who actively commits it.

Edit: Of course, someone can, on the other hand, not consider oneself to be evil and be very evil, if a person hates other people and desires for them to suffer and doesn't realize how wrong it is to hate people, but that is a different thing from having good intentions for others entirely. For a person to still think of oneself as doing the right thing in such a case is blind arrogance. Hatred, the desire for others to suffer, is basically the definition of evil. Conversely, the desire for what's best for others is good. That would be what I personally define as love. I've heard people argue that "altruism", the desire to do good for others to feel as if you're worth something (just to feel good about oneself), is the final reward of it, but I'd rather that what's best for others exist, whether it's easy or not, and whether or not it could give me any reason to feel proud of myself (and feeling as if oneself is worth something more than another person - pride; to value oneself instead of other people - really is just another form of hatred), because whatever someone is or has or can do doesn't even matter in the end.

And, furthermore, I think it stands to reason that the people who create this game had in mind that whether or not a Pokémon is evil is up to the Trainer.

In the anime, Mewtwo is a Byronic hero. Basically, he lives above law, has a dark past, but later, (Return of Mewtwo) he sacrifices himself for other Pokemon. Byronic hero, look it up!

In the games, Mewtwo seems to want to be away from humans (therefore picking a cave), and Giratina was rebellious, but not deep-rooted evil. Just because you make mistakes or act up, doesn't mean you're evil.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

"Mewtwo: The human sacrificed himself, to save the Pokemon. I pitted them against each other, but not until they set aside their differences did I see the true power they all share deep inside. I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"

Pokemon cannot be evil from birth, they all have a special place in the world and some are fighting since they were meant to do so. For example:

Groudon creates land, Kyogre creates oceans. They meet and start fighting to fullfill their destiny and role in the world. Thats why Rayquaza rules them.

Dialga rules Time, Palkia rules Space. Giratina rules the Distortion world. Arceus keeps them in check.

Yveltal destroys life to live, Xerneas restores life to live.

Its all about keeping balance. The human race in the real world is also not born evil, but some peoples ideals and dreams collide with those of others and thats how this world is messed up. Instead of fighting for power we should be fighting the demons in ourselfs first. Stop racism, hate and terrorism. Let the people decide how to rule in their country instead of giving 1 person the troubles of 16 million. We must unite to see a prosperous future, otherwise thisplanet will no longer endure us and we will all cease to exist in time.

Spoiler:- Y Badge Quest:

I don't think any legendary is inherently evil.

granted, they could get aggressive if your battling and trying to catch them. But. once you catch them, you two become the best of friends. Well, once you get to know each other better over a few battles with others.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

No Pokemon is evil. Only people. Kinda been the whole message of the games since Gen 1.

Absolutely. You need to step out of the mind set of human superiority. It's no
    different than humans poisoning thousands of rabbits to protect their crops or
    destroying an entire species' home territory to make room for more houses.
    It would suck for us, but really we're just a bunch of rabbits in the way.

I'm not a free-love, PETA kinda person. It's just whatever is strongest
    and most powerful decides what is and isn't evil. Currently that is humans.
    There isn't such a thing as good or evil, just perspectives on events.

I know this isn't a philosophy forum, but I would argue that it does. They
    aren't TRYING to be evil. It's a mental disorder.

If they'd kill people for the fun of it...then yeah they're evil, but this is another topic.
    No different than hunting.

There was already a game that featured Shadow Lugia, you could consider it evil I guess ^^; until that is you catch it and purify it

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness for the Nintendo Gamecube

Current Status: Home :3
    When I battle I play as Kris!
    Name: Alexis | FC: 3969-5554-2965

I am playing through Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness yay :]
    ~*My Trade Shop: Downloaded Wifi Mystery Gift Halloween Pumkaboo!*~

Quote Originally Posted by The King of Ho-oh's View Post

No different than hunting.
    I was bringing up poachers not to say whether or not they are evil, which they are. I was bringing up the question, "Is their hunting justified because Tigers kill other animals?" No. Killing for survival does not make an organism evil. Yvetal is not evil because it kills out of a natural cycle in its life and for survival. Re-reading my last post I understand It was kind of hard to follow.

I was making the same point you were, just a little differently.
    Last edited by Requiem's Eclipse; 19th May 2014 at 5:40 AM.

This is my sig.

you know... this discussion reminds me of this guy: 730px-Kyubey.jpg

because that is excatly what Kyubey is said to be doing...

anyway on topic

no there is no such thing as evil legendaries... things like Yvetel is only there because it is part of cycle... it is kinda same as calling Hades from Greek Mythology as Satan because he is god of dead and underworld.

Sir Agislash is here! Reporting for duty!

I think evil legendary already exists. Darkrai is one of the example because it creates nightmare which causes troubles to human.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast