Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 126

Thread: Pokemon not dying

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    42

    Default Pokemon not dying

    We all know that Nintendo wouldn't say or show that pokemon eat each other for food. How do pokemon survive. I know trainers give pokemon food but what do wild pokemon eat. Sure some could eat berries but what about pokemon that stay in the air like rayquaza or pokemon that burn of electrocute all the food before they get to it

    What's your opinion?

    My opinion is objective fact. If you disagree, well, you're wrong

    My shinies:

        Spoiler:- Credits:
    \[/CENTER]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nowhere I shouldn't be.
    Posts
    263

    Default

    I do think some pokemon hunt eat other for food such as Aridos and such...and Hydreigon.
    Legendaries also don't need food to survive.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~BrightStarVictory~ View Post
    I do think some pokemon hunt eat other for food such as Aridos and such...and Hydreigon.
    Legendaries also don't need food to survive.
    It's possible sure but pokemon wouldn't show it
    Why don't legendaries need food anyway?

    My opinion is objective fact. If you disagree, well, you're wrong

    My shinies:

        Spoiler:- Credits:
    \[/CENTER]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    661

    Default

    Pokemon do die! Remember the Lucario movie?

    And Pokemon do hunt others, although, obviously, we aren't shown them eating one another. x3;;;

    Like Pidgey hunt Caterpie.

    I think I remember Hikari/Dawn getting caught in an Ariados' nest, which implies they use them to trap prey like real world spiders!

    Legendaries might eat if they want to, but since so many seem practically immortal, it might not be as necessary as it is for other creatures.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Posts
    645

    Default

    I remember on an old Pidgeot (or one of those birds) pokemon card it stated that it swoops down and catches Magikarp. So Yah they eat others.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Musapion View Post
    Pokemon do die! Remember the Lucario movie?

    And Pokemon do hunt others, although, obviously, we aren't shown them eating one another. x3;;;

    Like Pidgey hunt

    I think I remember Hikari/Dawn getting caught in an Ariados' nest, which implies they use them to trap prey like real world spiders!

    Legendaries might eat if they want to, but since so many seem practically immortal, it might not be as necessary as it is for other creatures.
    I haven't watched much anime/movies so yeah.......
    But yeah the pidgey eating caterpie is funny

    My opinion is objective fact. If you disagree, well, you're wrong

    My shinies:

        Spoiler:- Credits:
    \[/CENTER]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    there are so many pokemon entries that state they are good hunters ( of pokemon ). Also, the bw and bw2 pokedex states that Basculin is taste to eat.
    On another note, pokemon deaths is synonymous with lavender town and that ghost. There are also so many references to death in pokedex enters like litwick's entry.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Actually the Pokedex entry for Magikarp in Pokemon SoulSilver version mentions that it jumps out of the water making it easy for predators such as Fearow to get it. [I think it said Fearow anyway... It mentioned SOMETHING! xD]

    So I guess some Pokemon do get eaten by other Pokemon.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Wow I completely forgot about the celestial tower and the pokemon indoor cemetery at lavender town
    And I guess I've never REALLY looked at any pokedex entries

    My opinion is objective fact. If you disagree, well, you're wrong

    My shinies:

        Spoiler:- Credits:
    \[/CENTER]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nowhere I shouldn't be.
    Posts
    263

    Default

    It also mentions Pokemon like Chadelure burn the life energy of people and pokemon (meaning it kills them) Its actually somewhat creepy.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    On Earth
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Some Pokemon do hunt. Here are a few entries.

    Luxray (Diamond)
    It has eyes which can see through anything. It spots and captures prey hiding behind objects.

    Galvantula (White)
    They employ an electrically charged web to trap their prey. While it is immobilized by shock, they leisurely consume it.

    Gliscor (HG/SS)
    Its flight is soundless. It uses its lengthy tail to carry off its prey... Then its elongated fangs do the rest.

    Also, of course pokemon die.
    Mt. Pyre (Hoenn)
    Celestial Tower (Unova)
    Lost Tower (Sinnoh)
    Pokemon Tower/House of Memories (Kanto)

    They have gravestones at those locations in game.

    Name: Scorch
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    If you've played the the metal gear solid series you should get this.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~BrightStarVictory~ View Post
    It also mentions Pokemon like Chadelure burn the life energy of people and pokemon (meaning it kills them) Its actually somewhat creepy.
    Wow that is kind of creepy

    My opinion is objective fact. If you disagree, well, you're wrong

    My shinies:

        Spoiler:- Credits:
    \[/CENTER]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Galvantula (White)
    They employ an electrically charged web to trap their prey. While it is immobilized by shock, they leisurely consume it.

    Gliscor (HG/SS)
    Its flight is soundless. It uses its lengthy tail to carry off its prey... Then its elongated fangs do the rest.

    Those two are intensely creepy
    It's just that pokemon that you have never die - ever

    My opinion is objective fact. If you disagree, well, you're wrong

    My shinies:

        Spoiler:- Credits:
    \[/CENTER]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Location: Location: Location:
    Posts
    1,901

    Default

    Heatmor's Pokédex entry explicitly says that it eats Durant.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    On Earth
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ice33333 View Post
    It's just that pokemon that you have never die - ever
    Imagine how difficult the game would be if your pokemon can die. Also, pokemon was originally meant for a younger audience. I doubt putting death in a game considered kid friendly is gonna go well with people and parents. I mean sure they touch the subject here and there but they wont make it that your pokemon will die for obvious reasons (to traumatic for young kids perhaps).

    Name: Scorch
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    If you've played the the metal gear solid series you should get this.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,436

    Default

    There are considerably more people in B/W that allude to Pokemon they owned in the past having died, presumably of old age.

    Which begs the question of how long most of them live, considering that very few of them have lifespans are explicitly stated in the Pokedex.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,572

    Default

    Some Pokemon hunt for food, such Pidgeot, Arbok, Victreebel and others. Pokemon like Electrode feed off of electricity. Most Pokemon feed off of something, these are a few Pokemon that their feeding habits are unknown such as Porygon, Porygon 2, Porygon-Z, Genesect, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Arceus, Zekrom, and Reshiram. Legendary Pokemon are shown consuming things, such as Lugia, in the anime a baby Lugia (Silver) was shown eating seaweed. The legend about Kyurem was probably just a myth and it never eat any humans or Pokemon at all. But, it should still be taken into consideration.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Towards Kalos
    Posts
    5,128

    Default

    Pokemon are living organisms.

    They feed on other Pokemon, plants, etc. They battle to survive.
    They die with age, or by accident, or preyed by those in the higher level of the food chain, hunted or experimented upon.
    They really don't tackle this things much on the game because many issues will arise. That's why Pokemon "faint" instead.

    Pokemon's death is present as early as Gen I, with Cubone's mother dying from the hands of Team Rocket.

    .: Still waiting... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Pokemon are living organisms.

    They feed on other Pokemon, plants, etc. They battle to survive.
    They die with age, or by accident, or preyed by those in the higher level of the food chain, hunted or experimented upon.
    They really don't tackle this things much on the game because many issues will arise. That's why Pokemon "faint" instead.

    Pokemon's death is present as early as Gen I, with Cubone's mother dying from the hands of Team Rocket.
    I think that was the only time were gf expectantly mentioned death.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheReckless1 View Post
    Imagine how difficult the game would be if your pokemon can die. Also, pokemon was originally meant for a younger audience. I doubt putting death in a game considered kid friendly is gonna go well with people and parents. I mean sure they touch the subject here and there but they wont make it that your pokemon will die for obvious reasons (to traumatic for young kids perhaps).
    Hmmmmmm... That would be interesting though if Nintendo made a I dunno slightly older audience game where pokemon do die after (obviously) after a long time, it would have to be as a challenge mode of course
    Last edited by ice33333; 3rd January 2013 at 9:31 AM.

    My opinion is objective fact. If you disagree, well, you're wrong

    My shinies:

        Spoiler:- Credits:
    \[/CENTER]

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,017

    Default

    Pokemon the series will never die but the Pokemon..i am not really sure

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,020

    Default

    In BW2, Cedric Juniper outright states that some Pokemon hunt others for food.
    FERROTHORN / ROCKY HELMET OTP

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ice33333 View Post
    We all know that Nintendo wouldn't say or show that pokemon eat each other for food. How do pokemon survive. I know trainers give pokemon food but what do wild pokemon eat. Sure some could eat berries but what about pokemon that stay in the air like rayquaza or pokemon that burn of electrocute all the food before they get to it

    What's your opinion?
    Predation is not mentioned in the anime and games because the they were initially for kids. But if you read the dex entries, you'll see that many of them indicate that Predation exists in the Pokemon world, similar to our world. For example:

    ---

    Ariados (BW): It attaches silk to its prey and sets it free. Later, it tracks the silk to the prey and its friends.

    Seviper (FR/LG): It sharpens its swordlike tail on hard rocks. It hides in tall grass and strikes unwary prey with venomous fangs.

    Crobat (B2/W2) Having four wings allows it to fly more quickly and quietly so it can sneak up on prey without its noticing.

    Mandibuzz (B2/W2): They fly in circles around the sky. When they spot prey, they attack and carry it back to their nest with ease.

    ---


    Conclusion: some Pokemons eat meat, then they'll eat other Pokemons or even humans.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    A lot of random places
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Pokemon do prey on other pokemon.
    - The dex entries, a lot of them eat meat...
    - They can't all die of natural causes.
    - Not all pokemon can be herbivores.
    The pokemon world is balanced that way.
    Shaymin is amazing!
    ~ ★

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SE London
    Posts
    121

    Default

    They don't die they faint!

    Created by Inferno Productions

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •