Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon not dying

Well, they didn't have E10+ in '96...
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

Last I checked, spiritomb is made of cursed pokemon souls together to create a pokemon of (forgot the amount )minds working together

Quote Originally Posted by Motonari27 View Post
    Last I checked, spiritomb is made of cursed pokemon souls together to create a pokemon of (forgot the amount )minds working together
    Human souls, actually, and it was 108 to be specific, but that's all just a myth regardless.
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Simply PM me if you want to add my code.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Human souls, actually, and it was 108 to be specific, but that's all just a myth regardless.
    i never quite understood that. so every Spiritomb you catch/breed causes 108 people to die? XD

Couldn't Pokemon just eat animals? (Non Pokemon animals do exist in the Pokemon World.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Dragon View Post
    Couldn't Pokemon just eat animals? (Non Pokemon animals do exist in the Pokemon World.)
    I have seen regular animals in some of the old anime pictures. Plus, how else can we describe Pikachu as an "electric mouse" unless we have seen mice to make the comparison? Though they don't appear much at all (it would be confusing to children and even boring, maybe), regular animals are around. Perhaps we don't see them because Pokemon already ate most of them!

They die, it's just not a point that they want to focus on too much. I'd prefer if they did a bit more, adding some realism into the formula, but I'm not sure just how many people would appreciate a change so drastic like that aside from myself. Back in the days of Pokemon's beginning they touched base on it more with a couple Pokedex entries/card flavor text, but sadly that's more or less a thing of the past.
    Game: Soul Silver
    Name: Agent X
    FC: 3955-1298-0022

Fire Red Team (0 badges):

Emerald Team (3 badges):

Soul Silver Team (16 badges):

Quote Originally Posted by FlareLover17 View Post
    i never quite understood that. so every Spiritomb you catch/breed causes 108 people to die? XD
    No, because the "108 souls" thing is more-than-likely just a myth that some scaredy-cats made up about Spiritomb because they thought he was spooky. In reality, it's just another species of Pokemon. I mean, think about it. Why would binding 108 evil spirits together result in the birth of a Pokemon, of all things?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Dragon View Post
    No, because non-Pokemon animals don't exist.
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Well, Celebi nearly died in Pokemon 4ever, Oak as a kid even said it.
    But as always, it went back to life, which I would so rather.
    I'd say the whole Latios thing too, but alot of people have already stated it.

I don't think they'll ever make a players pokemon die, maybe in a spin off, like PMD or Pokemon Ranger.
    You just saw Bubble Beam's signature.

They exist. This should prove it.

As for Pokemon dying... here's some trivia. The word "die" is only mentioned in Spoink's entry.
    :: FRLG - "It apparently dies if it stops bouncing about. It carries a pearl from Clamperl on its head."
    :: B2W2 - "Using its tail like a spring, it keeps its heart beating by bouncing constantly. If it stops, it dies."

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I'm addressing animals in the Pokemon world; it's kind of unrelated, so I put it in a spoiler. I guess to be polite.

Spoiler:- Animals in Pokemon:

Another thing I think about what legendary Pokemon eat, to get back on topic, is that it must depend on which one it is. Jirachi sleeps for, what was it, a thousand years? Maybe it was ten thousand. Regardless, it's in a hibernation of sorts during this time, and as such must not need to eat. It's awake for only seven days after that, and in the movie I don't recall it eating anything. If it did, it was just for pleasure, like to try a new food. So I think it's clear that Jirachi doesn't need to eat.

What about Moltres? Here is it's Pokedex entry from Ruby and Sapphire: "MOLTRES is a legendary bird POKéMON that has the ability to control fire. If this POKéMON is injured, it is said to dip its body in the molten magma of a volcano to burn and heal itself." If this is known, then Moltres must have been witnessed doing this. This makes it appear to be much more wordly than Jirachi. This, plus it's long beak, wide wings, and capable talons, it must be a hunter. It eats other Pokemon, such as Beedrill or Tauros, or Seaking if it wants to risk contact with water (perhaps the source of that RS Pokedex entry!).

Y'know, seeing how Mewtwo is a clone (or a manmade descendant, it differs from what I've read between continuities), does that mean that his lifespan is short (as I believe real clones don't live very long)?
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

No, because the "108 souls" thing is more-than-likely just a myth that some scaredy-cats made up about Spiritomb because they thought he was spooky. In reality, it's just another species of Pokemon. I mean, think about it. Why would binding 108 evil spirits together result in the birth of a Pokemon, of all things?
    Grimer says hi.
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

The idea of real animals in pokemon is overseen because we see in the anime that Pokemon actually function the same as normal animals. Miltank are used as sources of "Moomoo Milk" and are very similar to ordinary cows. My understanding is that Pokemon themselves are what the inhabitants of the Pokemon world comprehend as animals. True there are pictures of real animals; however these animals only appear in the anime. As we all know the anime is different, and to add to the Raichu entry, there were no elephant Pokemon at the time so it is safe to say that they were making a comparison we would understand. To sum it up, have we ever actually seen an ACTUAL animal in the Pokemon games?

Credit goes to Dragonitor for this user bar.
    Current Shinies:"MM" "MM" "RE" "CF" "CF" "Tyrunt" "MM" RE

Current Hunts in X: Honedge "MM"
    Planned Hunts: "CF" 2x

Ready to start hunting!

For great emphasis(because no one seems to read this part):NONE OF MY SHINIES ARE FOR TRADE. I only hunt for my shinies at the moment.

My code for 3DS/XY: 2406-5350-1882
    PM me if you wish to add me for safari purposes.

Just because we don't see them doesn't mean they don't exist. By that logic, crimes never happen even though people go on about them because I don't see them.

And they'd have to exist for things like Pikachu's classification as a Mouse Pokémon.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Musapion View Post
    Pokemon do die! Remember the Lucario movie?

And Pokemon do hunt others, although, obviously, we aren't shown them eating one another. x3;;;

Like Pidgey hunt Caterpie.

I think I remember Hikari/Dawn getting caught in an Ariados' nest, which implies they use them to trap prey like real world spiders!

Legendaries might eat if they want to, but since so many seem practically immortal, it might not be as necessary as it is for other creatures.
    I agree lavander town from the first games always left me think on what would take to a pokemon to die. Well, apart from old age that is
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

I'd imagine any fatal blow e.g. a gunshot to the head or incineration would be enough to kill a Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyBlackWhite View Post
    The idea of real animals in pokemon is overseen because we see in the anime that Pokemon actually function the same as normal animals. Miltank are used as sources of "Moomoo Milk" and are very similar to ordinary cows. My understanding is that Pokemon themselves are what the inhabitants of the Pokemon world comprehend as animals. True there are pictures of real animals; however these animals only appear in the anime. As we all know the anime is different, and to add to the Raichu entry, there were no elephant Pokemon at the time so it is safe to say that they were making a comparison we would understand. To sum it up, have we ever actually seen an ACTUAL animal in the Pokemon games?
    The TCG, books, and mangas have 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    And they'd have to exist for things like Pikachu's classification as a Mouse Pokémon.
    Not necessarily.

Doylist reasoning: Those terms are only included for the audience's benefit since we're familiar with what a "mouse" is.

Watsonian reasoning: The people in the Pokemon world invented the term "mouse" as a way to describe Pikachu. The fact that it's identical to our term for a similar creature is merely a coincidence.
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Doylist reasoning: Those terms are only included for the audience's benefit since we're familiar with what a "mouse" is.
    Explain how Raichu's entry mentions Indian elephants. Not regular elephants, INDIAN elephants. Seems too specific to be invented.

They probably saw it in a movie while in Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyBlackWhite View Post
    To sum it up, have we ever actually seen an ACTUAL animal in the Pokemon games?
    In the anime, yes.

In the games, yes. In Ranger: Guardian Signs, barnacles can be seen underwater. But that's the only one. Although I really don't consider that. We've yet to see real-world cats, dogs, birds, fishes etc...

It's interesting how this thread shifted from "Pokemon's death", to "Existence of Real Animals"...

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    It's interesting how this thread shifted from "Pokemon's death", to "Existence of Real Animals"...
    That's why I put my points in a spoiler, as I was unsure if I should even have said it... I'm no mod, but I believe this should get back to the topic...!

Hey guys, Pokemon dying, right? And what do they eat? This is an interesting thing! Let's get back to it!

Pokemon Food:
    bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/food

I think the world of Pokemon is a lot darker than it is portrayed to be, so yeah, Pokemon kill each other, etc.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast