Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon not dying

really guys. Why is death always an aggressive call for some fans? Like, those small groups I've read love pokemon to be as realistic a possible and show that pokemon die visually like on Monster hunter.

Do some of you even respect or understand whyy Satoshi Tajiri does not want us to treat death to all of us as disrespect to the dead? For me, I understand and respect him. While thinking about death is fine, forcefully implementing it to pokemon is just too much.
    Current Chapter: 35: Methol's Need (Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    really guys. Why is death always an aggressive call for some fans? Like, those small groups I've read love pokemon to be as realistic a possible and show that pokemon die visually like on Monster hunter.

Do some of you even respect or understand whyy Satoshi Tajiri does not want us to treat death to all of us as disrespect to the dead? For me, I understand and respect him. While thinking about death is fine, forcefully implementing it to pokemon is just too much.
    I'm not sure how we are "forcefully implementing" death upon Pokemon just by talking about it. We are not saying "Pokemon should die in game, we should be able to eat them, " etc. We're merely discussing how, IF Pokemon were real, they would eat and die just like regular organisms. Of course we "respect" and "understand" Tajiri's wish to keep death out of the games, that's why this is a discussion, not a movement to include death in the next game.

If in-game Pokedex entries acknowledge death and consumption, then Game Freak and Tajiri both willingly acknowledge that death is a real part of Pokemon, as with any other animal; they just will not show or allow any of your monsters to die. Tajiri's wish to keep death out of the game means simply that it will not be included; not that they its existence altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by ice33333 View Post
    We all know that Nintendo wouldn't say or show that pokemon eat each other for food. How do pokemon survive. I know trainers give pokemon food but what do wild pokemon eat. Sure some could eat berries but what about pokemon that stay in the air like rayquaza or pokemon that burn of electrocute all the food before they get to it

What's your opinion?
    pokemon do die! leaf green, the sevi islands, dead onix and gary"s(( your rival, RED,BLUE,GREEN, even in leaf green, fire red)) raticate that was killed by you, I noticed it in leaf green, while in lavender town he doesn't have his raticate anymore.
    and rayquaza only consumes the moisture in the air((Ruby pokedex entry))
    kyogre eats small fish and planktons.
    Simply awesome!!!
    BLACK FC:4126-7563-7425
    Main Party
    Competitive Party
    P.P.M
    The First Iranian Pokémon Group

Quote Originally Posted by ice33333 View Post
    We all know that Nintendo wouldn't say or show that pokemon eat each other for food. How do pokemon survive. I know trainers give pokemon food but what do wild pokemon eat. Sure some could eat berries but what about pokemon that stay in the air like rayquaza or pokemon that burn of electrocute all the food before they get to it

What's your opinion?
    pokemon do die! leaf green, the sevi islands, dead onix and gary"s(( your rival, RED,BLUE,GREEN, even in leaf green, fire red)) raticate that was killed by you, I noticed it in leaf green, while in lavender town he doesn't have his raticate anymore.
    and rayquaza only consumes the moisture in the air((Ruby pokedex entry))
    kyogre eats small fish and planktons.
    Simply awesome!!!
    BLACK FC:4126-7563-7425
    Main Party
    Competitive Party
    P.P.M
    The First Iranian Pokémon Group

First off pokemon do die. Celestial tower is a tower for dead pokemon and alder tells you his partner pokemon died. Nintendo just won't show them dieing. pokemon is rated a 3 so they won't show them dieing. for the young players it would be like a pet dieing. They have to try and make the games appeal to all ages, which means they can't really show death without offending the younger players.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Pokemon die. Celestial tower proves it, and Lavender Town is based off of its graveyard/tower.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    Pokemon die. Celestial tower proves it, and Lavender Town is based off of its graveyard/tower.
    This, plus, thats what GHOST TYPES are.
    and you battle just plain ghosts in the pokemon tower before you get the scope thingie
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

Pokémon are Carnivorous! Or Cannibals! >.< For example the cycle! Luxray ~> Zebstrika ~> Leavanny ~> Magikarp ~> Etc. >.< Gahhhh!
    Last edited by IHeartCookiesMunchMunch; 4th January 2013 at 4:41 PM. Reason: JUST CUZ

It would be wird if you saw your tepig punch thr wild purrloin in the face until it doesn't breath anymore >_<

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    It would be wird if you saw your tepig punch thr wild purrloin in the face until it doesn't breath anymore >_<
    They do that! How else would they survive? ;00 -cough cough- Carnivores and Cannibals -Cough Cough-

Quote Originally Posted by IHeartCookiesMunchMunch View Post
    They do that! How else would they survive? ;00 -cough cough- Carnivores and Cannibals -Cough Cough-
    I honestly don't understand why you're calling them "cannibals". They prey on other species the same way real animals do, that's not cannibalism.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

It's only cannibalism if they prey on their own species.
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    I honestly don't understand why you're calling them "cannibals". They prey on other species the same way real animals do, that's not cannibalism.
    EXACTLY! Pokémon would go to any amount of measures for food like animals! >.< Or maybe like us desperate humans hoping for food..I saw a lion eating it's own kind in NATGEO >.< Pokémon must be the same!

EXACTLY! Pokémon would go to any amount of measures for food like animals! >.< Or maybe like us desperate humans hoping for food..I saw a lion eating it's own kind in NATGEO >.< Pokémon must be the same!
    In the lion's defense there are perfectly explainable reasons for cannibalism. Say for example a new male lion comes to the pride and kicks the old male out. The new leader will actually kill the cubs of the old leader so that he may have his own.

Credit goes to Dragonitor for this user bar.
    Current Shinies:"MM" "MM" "RE" "CF" "CF" "Tyrunt" "MM" RE

Current Hunts in X: Honedge "MM"
    Planned Hunts: "CF" 2x

Ready to start hunting!

For great emphasis(because no one seems to read this part):NONE OF MY SHINIES ARE FOR TRADE. I only hunt for my shinies at the moment.

My code for 3DS/XY: 2406-5350-1882
    PM me if you wish to add me for safari purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyBlackWhite View Post
    In the lion's defense there are perfectly explainable reasons for cannibalism. Say for example a new male lion comes to the pride and kicks the old male out. The new leader will actually kill the cubs of the old leader so that he may have his own.
    I still hear cannibalism... >.>

I do not claim to be an animal expert, but I do know that cannibalism = something eating the same species as them.

For example, humans eating chicken isn't cannibalism. Humans eating humans is. I think the only Pokémon that could be cannibalistic is Hydreigon.

You're probably thinking of using "carnivorus", not "cannibalism".
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

You just have to look at this as if it were real-life. Pokemon are animals. Pets/farm animals/zoo animals are fed by their owners. Just as Pokemon are fed by their trainers.
    Wild Pokemon, like wild animals will feed of natural resources like berries. But carnivorous pokemon/animals will eat other smaller pokemon/animals.
    And YES they will die.
    Just as real life
    Pidgeot eats magikarp
    Bird eats fish
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

I still hear cannibalism... >.>
    You don't get it. Calling Pokemon "Pokemon" is like calling animals "animals" it is not cannibalism UNLESS they are the same species. Lion eating lion is cannibalism but anteater eating ant is not. Heatmor and Durant are not cannabalistic to each other.

Credit goes to Dragonitor for this user bar.
    Current Shinies:"MM" "MM" "RE" "CF" "CF" "Tyrunt" "MM" RE

Current Hunts in X: Honedge "MM"
    Planned Hunts: "CF" 2x

Ready to start hunting!

For great emphasis(because no one seems to read this part):NONE OF MY SHINIES ARE FOR TRADE. I only hunt for my shinies at the moment.

My code for 3DS/XY: 2406-5350-1882
    PM me if you wish to add me for safari purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    This, plus, thats what GHOST TYPES are.
    No, Ghost-type Pokemon are still living creatures. They're just biologically similar to what we think of as ghosts.
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Simply PM me if you want to add my code.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Actually, if I recall correctly, Pokemon have been referred to as a single species. I know for a fact that its said in "The Electric Tale of Pikachu," but I'm not sure if that is canon. I recall it being said in the games, perhaps by one of the professors, but I'm unsure. If that's true, then Pokemon could be considered cannibalistic. Given, though, that the subspecies (each individual Pokemon or evolutionary line) differ so greatly, I would definitely not consider them to be so.

WURMPLE is targeted by SWELLOW as prey. This POKéMON will try to resist by pointing the spikes on its rear at the attacking predator. It will weaken the foe by leaking poison from the spikes.
    Although GOREBYSS is the very picture of elegance and beauty while swimming, it is also cruel. When it spots prey, this POKéMON inserts its thin mouth into the prey's body and drains the prey of its body fluids.
    I've seen a lot more, like Zangoose vs. Seviper, but my internet is being slow, and I'm being lazy.

But yes, Gamefreak has mentioned pokemon preying on others.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    Check out Mega Sableye's shield. It's a giant rupee! It's true, money does solve all your problems!

Pokemon are like our animals. living and breathing. they need food just as any other living creature. not all will just eat plants. they too need meat. and they will die after a while. its the CIRCLE OF LIFE
    and when pokemon "faint" in games it just basically seems like they die and then those revives revive them from the dead...lol seriously though i dont really see the legendaries really needing to eat anything. after all, theyre LEGENDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cressy View Post
    and when pokemon "faint" in games it just basically seems like they die and then those revives revive them from the dead...lol
    Fainting is just the Pokemon in question running out of energy and being unable to continue battling; it's not dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Cressy View Post
    seriously though i dont really see the legendaries really needing to eat anything. after all, theyre LEGENDS.
    They're still Pokemon; they're not transcendent or divine gods. Even if they were gods, our real-world mythologies mention gods who regularly eat all sorts of things, so they would still have to eat.
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Simply PM me if you want to add my code.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Pokemon die just like anything else. If I shoot your Charmander, it dies. If I chop off your Pikachu's head (outside of Guillotine), it dies. If I remove all water from a Bulbasaur, it'll eventually die.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

If death scenes were showed in game, the games would probably have to be rated E10+ rather than E, which could reduce the audience size. That's probably why Nintendo doesn't do it. The pokemon games truly suprise me with the fact that they're all rated E, considering the large amount of violence and focus on it, the evil teams/rival, some possibly scary pokedex entries, and the possible feeling of peril during close battles. There's even 2 games where you can kidnap pokemon - for good reason, but still.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast