Thread: Better Call Saul

Default Better Call Saul

So a few weeks ago, AMC premiered a Breaking Bad spinoff called Better Call Saul detailing how lawyer Jimmy McGill became Saul Goodman. Anyone else watching this series?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

As a huge BB fan, I had big expectations for this and so far it's not disappointing. Monday's episode was downright fantastic.

I've been watching it for weeks and I like it. Seeing Saul's origins has been really fun; I especially liked seeing Tuco again, and Mike's backstory episode this week was so good imo.

I pretty much marathoned this show during spring break last week since I fell behind in it and I was really impressed with the storytelling. I mean, I had fair expectations because Vince Gilligan is involved but good for a spin-off doesn't even apply to Better Call Saul. I'm still not sure in what direction they're trying to take this show but coming back for more has satisfied me. I think the best part of BCS is how they're not making a Breaking Bad prequel. And by that, I mean they've introduced new characters relative to its predecessor and have given them real depth, like Kim Wexler, Jimmy's brother, and THOSE GOSH DARN KETTLEMANS. But, you know, badass Mike is always welcome into my life. I wish the first season had the typical 13-episode order but it doesn't bother me too much because a) I really hope this show gets a second season, and b) once Mad Men returns in two weeks, everything else will cease to matter.

Let's keep this thread alive, folks! nothing else in spp-misc seems to interest me, except for the spoiler-heavy comic threads
    Last edited by flamebeam; 24th March 2015 at 3:11 PM.
    Paradise never lasts...

Rebirth
    Current Chapter: That Magic Mountain

I liked seeing Jimmy and Chuck working together in the recent episode, although I expect another misfortune for Jimmy with the new case.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I liked seeing Jimmy and Chuck working together in the recent episode, although I expect another misfortune for Jimmy with the new case.
    His track record doesn't seem to be that good, so that's probably the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Spoiler:- S1E8 Rico:

Quote Originally Posted by Ponymon View Post
        Spoiler:- S1E8 Rico:
    I really like them together, but so far the show has only hinted at mutual affection between them. Personally, I haven't gotten any signs that one of them is going to begin actively pursuing the other but I would probably enjoy seeing that canonized. If the show does decide to go that route then at least they've done a good job, imo, in     Spoiler:
    Paradise never lasts...

Rebirth
    Current Chapter: That Magic Mountain

Regarding tonight's episode: I wanted to strangle Chuck. I knew he was sabotaging Jimmy all this time, and it was also nice seeing Mike act as a body guard.