Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Universe discussion/appreciation thread

Default Steven Universe discussion/appreciation thread

Here you may discuss anything SU related whether it be your favorite Gem, a new episode, conventions ect.

All forum rules still apply.

Have fun.
    Last edited by Mr. Reloaded; 21st August 2015 at 2:31 AM. Reason: First bit sounded pretty stupid lol.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

About time we saw Garnet and Pearl's fusion. Wasn't expecting her to be so comedic, though.

Also, way to be a tremendous ******* Pearl, are you that insecure about yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Always good to see some Ruby and Sapphire especially through dramatic moments.
    Yup:

Man, that was one of the most intense episodes I've ever seen.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post
    Always good to see some Ruby and Sapphire especially through dramatic moments.
    I do wonder if the only time we see Ruby and Sapphire is when some dramatic event happens which have so far been bad.
    3DS FC(X): 3995 6544 3549/Friend Safari: Fire with Pansear, Slugma, and Braixen
    3DS FC(Y): 1719 4581 9302/Friend Safari: Dark with Pawniard, Sneasel, and Sableye.

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    I do wonder if the only time we see Ruby and Sapphire is when some dramatic event happens which have so far been bad.
    Well considering that Ruby and Sapphire are usually fused when everything's all right, that's entirely possible.

Well, considering them being unfused is either forced, or a signal that something's wrong in their relationship, of course it'd usually be when something dramatic-bad has happened.

I thought Sardonyx was pretty fun; obnoxious, but in a good way. Kind of disappointing that Pearl would act like that, since she tends to be mature, but we've seen her being pretty petty in the last batch of episodes, so I wouldn't say it's out of character.

As an artist, what bugged me was that Pearl seemed to be stockier in some of the house scenes.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

Well I for one can understand why Pearl would do such a thing but she should not have abused the situation though.

Plus I like the way Ruby and Sapphire are portrayed when unfused.

I'm really shocked that they're dragging this Garnet and Pearl conflict out for as long as they have.

It's things like this that makes this show so great.

Really cool to see Onion's mom.
    Yup:

Yeah, this episode was pretty mellow, but we got to see her personality (beyond 'hey, cool van'), and get some backstory and suggestion of future events. Kind of makes me think Onion may have a role to play as this plot arc comes to a close.

It's not awesome to see Pearl and Garnet fighting, but I think handling the conflict the way they are is actually pretty cool, because it finally seems like we have a cartoon where the relationship dynamics are realistic, and don't just reset every episode. The continuity is really good, physical location stuff too, buildings/things that are wrecked, stay wrecked until someone deliberately fixes them.

I want a GIF of Onion dive bombing through the screen window.

"I just have to look the part."

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Special: "Baby, Baby, Baby."

That was officially the dullest episode ever.

And the girls are still silent since three episodes ago. I bet everything will fix itself in tomorrow's episode.

Breather episodes aren't bad by any means, just kind of meh.

Hope tommorows episode does something big to make up for it.
    Yup:

Hope tommorows episode does something big to make up for it.
    It should be. It's called Friend Ship and it's about more Gem Lore.

Pearl is such a soccer mom, I love it! It was neat to see Jamie again, he's pretty cool.

On the contrary, I hope tomorrow's episode doesn't wrap things up with Garnet and Pearl. Maybe they'd start talking again, but things would still be tense between them in future episodes. Maybe by mid/end August everything would be worked out, but I want to see this dragged out for a bit.

Nothing wrong with breather episodes, sometimes there's some good bits embedded in them. . . I like the whole Pearl doesn't get that Dewey likes her thing. And it was better then House Guest, it was like they made that episode just to be cliché.

I'd be fine with the issue being resolved in tomorrow's episode, which doesn't mean things go back to the way they were necessarily, but it'd be nice if they're talking and working together again.

They finally made up, but Peridot is still loose.

Geez, I wonder what will happen once they get her, or manage to save Lapiz from Jasper.

Really great episode overall! Good to see the Garnet/Pearl conflict slowly coming to a conclusion. Paridot = Team Rocket
    Yup:

Pretty good episode, but I was hoping something more... consequential would happen, especially when we're not getting any more new episodes until God knows when. Anyone else hate how CN has been drip feeding their shows lately?

Steven Universe seems to be one of the few original shows owned by CN that is pretty good in terms of story lines and animations. The only other shows that fit the category are the Ben 10 series (for the most part), Adventure Time, and Regular Show. Uncle Granfpa is pathetic in my opinion and I find it disturbing that a potentially mentally challenged middle aged man who may or may not be a pedophile basically takes unsupervised kids on "adventures" while dressed as a man who is dressing that way to lure kids into his "magical" van. For all we know, this guy could be drugging the kids in reality and presenting their hallucinations as adventuring fun. I'm just saying it's a pretty horrific show as the kids are literally taken away in an unmarked van. This guy is basically Herbert from Family Guy only not funny and even more disturbing. Just saying.

But I haven't watched Steven in months but I like the design of the characters and that Steven is actually maturing throughout the episodes learning about his duties as a Gem and about life itself. He always seems to be learning something in each episode and it's also nice to see the adults and other Gems learning lessons as well which is pretty rare to see in a cartoon or kids show on a regular basis.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Adventure Time is almost like Uncle Grandpa, though.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Adventure Time is almost like Uncle Grandpa, though.
    Adventure Time is closer to Steven Universe than Uncle Grandpa. The Adventure Time universe does look like a happy, drug induced hallucination on the surface, but it has its serious moments and more character development than SU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Adventure Time is closer to Steven Universe than Uncle Grandpa. The Adventure Time universe does look like a happy, drug induced hallucination on the surface, but it has its serious moments and more character development than SU.
    In that case, so does The Amazing World of Gumball...which I actually like, because it is self-aware of all the silliness that goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Pretty good episode, but I was hoping something more... consequential would happen, especially when we're not getting any more new episodes until God knows when. Anyone else hate how CN has been drip feeding their shows lately?
    We're getting new episodes in August, but I'm not sure when. (This has the episode titles/descriptions, but not the dates)

I'd also like a more consistent schedule, but at the same time, I like the Steven Bombs because of all the hype. Maybe new episodes every week, with a Steven Bomb every other month. That, or two new episodes every week. I don't know why Steven Universe isn't given a larger time block. It's arguably CN's best show, and it's really growing in views. It's constantly trending on Tumblr too, if that means anything.
    Last edited by Navarch; 18th July 2015 at 7:30 PM.

Paridot = Team Rocket
    Accurate.

Great episode, though I think the folks hoping for Peridot to be reformed are disappointed, she's pretty adamant. (I love her tiny cannon.)
        Spoiler:- foot:

I thought Garnet and Pearl might make-up to this degree, given what the episode week was being referred to as. Stuff like that usually named for something near the end, rather then something near the beginning.

Uncle Grandpa is the current lowest Tier of CN, replacing Johnny Test (imho), Adventure Time at least has feels, and Gumball at least has comedy that's funny. I like the Steven Bombs better then Disney's current tactic of showing one new Gravity Falls every couple of months (I don't think Alex intended for his masterpiece to be split up that much). But, this isn't a UG bashing thread, so uh. . . DeviantArt is covered in SU fangems, it's so pretty.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast