Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: POP MUSIC THREAD: Taylor Swift officially joins us

Poor Xtina, no love.

speaking of X Factor, I think it's ridiculous that Emblem 3 and Fifth Harmony have both been given record contracts but Carly has not, so stupid!
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

uh the song heart attack was mediocre at best. idk there seemed to be a lot of hype for it and it didn't really live up to it. seemed too typical old demi tbh but the song's still catchy nonetheless.

will be interesting to see her live performances for heart attack once promotions begin.

Here's the Top 10 for the Hot 100 being released tomorrow, dated March 9th:

1. "Harlem Shake" - Baauer (=) (2nd week @ #1!)
    2. "Thrift Shop" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz (=)
    3. "When I Was Your Man" - Bruno Mars (+5)
    4. "I Knew You Were Trouble." - Taylor Swift (+1)
    5. "Scream & Shout" - will.i.am & Britney Spears (-2)
    6. "Started From The Bottom" - Drake (+4)
    7. "Stay" - Rihanna (-4)
    8. "Suit & Tie" - Justin Timberlake ft. Jay-Z (+1)
    9. "Locked Out Of Heaven" - Bruno Mars (-2)
    10. "Love Me" - Lil Wayne ft. Drake & Future (+9)

Personal comments:
    -And so we enter Week 2 of Youtube robbing Thrift Shop of its deserved #1 spot. This would have been its sixth week
    -I think I've mentioned this before, but despite disliking Bruno Mars, I actually like WIYWM. I don't want it to hit #1 (and it looks like it won't because HS will be there for the next 40 weeks), but I'm not displeased that it's doing well
    -It's really dawning on me how much this new Youtube rule is helping hip-hop songs. "Started From The Bottom" would not be so high and "Love Me" wouldn't be Top 10 without it
    -Goodbye "Ho Hey". If it wasn't for the Youtube rule, you would have had much better longevity, so it looks like this rule has killed yet another good thing
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    Here's the Top 10 for the Hot 100 being released tomorrow, dated March 9th:

1. "Harlem Shake" - Baauer (=) (2nd week @ #1!)
    3. "When I Was Your Man" - Bruno Mars (+5)
    4. "I Knew You Were Trouble." - Taylor Swift (+1)
    5. "Scream & Shout" - will.i.am & Britney Spears (-2)
    6. "Started From The Bottom" - Drake (+4)
    7. "Stay" - Rihanna (-4)
    8. "Suit & Tie" - Justin Timberlake ft. Jay-Z (+1)
    9. "Locked Out Of Heaven" - Bruno Mars (-2)
    10. "Love Me" - Lil Wayne ft. Drake & Future (+9)

Personal comments:
    -And so we enter Week 2 of Youtube robbing Thrift Shop of its deserved #1 spot. This would have been its sixth week
    -I think I've mentioned this before, but despite disliking Bruno Mars, I actually like WIYWM. I don't want it to hit #1 (and it looks like it won't because HS will be there for the next 40 weeks), but I'm not displeased that it's doing well
    -It's really dawning on me how much this new Youtube rule is helping hip-hop songs. "Started From The Bottom" would not be so high and "Love Me" wouldn't be Top 10 without it
    -Goodbye "Ho Hey". If it wasn't for the Youtube rule, you would have had much better longevity, so it looks like this rule has killed yet another good thing
    yeah, the past 2 top 10s have a different feel from previous ones, which is bad for this case. i like rap, but i HATE lil wayne and drake is generic. the wrong songs are rising up the charts, and the longevity of the songs is all f√cked up, with good songs coming and going and bad ones dominating charts. i think they're gonna edit this new system once they realize how screwed up it is

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

I wouldn't say Thrift Shop deserves number one, but this youtube thing is horribly implemented. I think I shall spam for Britney in the future though lol kidding.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    So since Ke$ha's second single C'Mon flopped and destroyed her top ten streak :L

What should her third single be?
    I would really like for her to release Last Goodbye or Out Alive as the next single but I guess Out Alive might suffer from backlash just like Die Young But Im okay with her releasing anything at this point because even if her next single flops I still really like the songs on Warrior and Im looking forward to more music videos lol

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    not exactly. I was referring to how Katy Perry's last 8 or 9 singles were from the same album that was released in 2010. in contrast, rihanna releases a bunch of songs from a bunch of albums.
    8 singles came from Good Girl Gone Bad/the rerelease.

Quote Originally Posted by kuzronk View Post
    8 singles came from Good Girl Gone Bad/the rerelease.
    6 or 7 by my count. and some of those didn't chart well. all the TD songs that katy perry released as singles, from california gurls to wide awake, charted well, and that was over the span of 2 years. rihanna releases a bunch of singles but only like 2 or 3 are very successful chartwise and by releasing albums annually she is giving herself no time to write an honest, full album. even now, katy isn't in the picture. it's called taking a break. rihanna is, as Beyonce said, “burning out"

EDIT: finally gave a truly good listen to thrift shop and i gotta say i really love it, although i must say I'm surprised that SC has taken a liking to it, you know, the guy who hates rap? if i were to take a guess, it's the satire that he finds appealing. but anywho, I've been listening to a lot of music today, so I'm very caught up with what March 2013 has in store
    Last edited by flamebeam; 4th March 2013 at 4:10 AM.

Credit to Brutaka

Here's the Top 10 for the Hot 100 being released tomorrow (dated March 16th):

1. "Harlem Shake" - Baauer (=) (3rd week @ #1!)
    3. "When I Was Your Man" - Bruno Mars (=)
    4. "I Knew You Were Trouble." - Taylor Swift (=)
    5. "Stay" - Rihanna (+2)
    6. "Started From The Bottom" - Drake (=)
    7. "Scream & Shout" - will.i.am. ft. Britney Spears (-2)
    8. "Suit & Tie" - Justin Timberlake ft. Jay-Z (=)
    9. "Locked Out Of Heaven" - Bruno Mars (=)
    10. "Don't You Worry Child" - Swedish House Mafia ft. John Martin (+2)
    --------
    12. "Heart Attack" - Demi Lovato (HOT SHOT DEBUT)

Lots of comments this week:
    -Week 7 that Thrift Shop would be spending at #1 without the rule change
    -But... "Harlem Shake" decreases in YouTube streams by a whopping 45% this week, plummeting from 98 million to 54 millon. It goes from beating TS at #1 by 3.5x the amount of points last week to 2x the amount of points this week. I know it still has a massive lead, but if it can drop that much in just one week, then maybe there's hope that TS can reclaim the throne!
    -Speaking of "Thrift Shop", this week it becomes the first song in the history of the Digital Songs chart to sell 300K+ sales for eight weeks!
    -Glad to see "Stay" back in the Top 5. When Harlem Shake/Thrift Shop eventually die down, I really want "Stay" to take over at #1. I know that WIWYM will most likely do that, but I really want "Stay" to get at least one week at #1
    -Welcome back DYWC, but more importantly, goodbye Love Me! I hope you never see the Top 10 ever again
    -Huh, a lot of people thought that the YouTube rule would cause huge position changes every week, but this is generally a pretty quiet Top 10. At least this proves that there can still be chart consistency even with the YouTube rule
    -I'm glad that "Heart Attack" debuted as high as it did. It's a fun song that shows off her vocals and it's catchy as hell. It also beat Skyscraper's debut sales number, which I'm kind of mixed about
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

How can people like listening to harlem shake? the song is garbage and if you've seen one vid of it you've seen them all.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    How can people like listening to harlem shake? the song is garbage and if you've seen one vid of it you've seen them all.
    I can't even find the original harlem shake video on youtube lol.....

I wish scream and shout would just die though already...so overplayed -.-...
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Here's the Top 10 for the Hot 100 being released tomorrow (dated March 16th):

1. "Harlem Shake" - Baauer (=) (3rd week @ #1!)
    4. "I Knew You Were Trouble." - Taylor Swift (=)
    5. "Stay" - Rihanna (+2)
    6. "Started From The Bottom" - Drake (=)
    7. "Scream & Shout" - will.i.am. ft. Britney Spears (-2)
    8. "Suit & Tie" - Justin Timberlake ft. Jay-Z (=)
    9. "Locked Out Of Heaven" - Bruno Mars (=)
    10. "Don't You Worry Child" - Swedish House Mafia ft. John Martin (+2)
    --------
    12. "Heart Attack" - Demi Lovato (HOT SHOT DEBUT)
    oh damn, i like 70% of the top 10, which includes the whole Top 5. now that i like Thrift Shop, i also hopes it gets one more #1 week before it leaves the Top 10. and i hope Stay gets it, too. of all the songs I've downloaded this week, that's the one stuck in my head.

♪Don't really know how to feel about it, something in the way you move♪

but WIWYM is also very, very good. i also liked LOOH, but Bruno Mars sounds best in his ballads. isn't it great how these piano pieces are mainstream? i have to agree with Platinum Fan that, while electronic music skyrocketed in 2009, it's starting to slow down. i mean, i doubt songs like Stay and WIWYM would've been popular in '09

Credit to Brutaka

I agree. The harlem shake song is terrible. It sounds painful if i was honest and the production on baauers behalf is extremely poor. What do you guys think of aviciis collabration with nicky romero, i could be the one?
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Justin Timberlake recently posted a full album stream to The 20/20 Experience on his twitter: http://t.co/YJlcij2N1m which should probably work. It's not bad at all!

Also Azealia Banks posted the audio to her first single from the album, 'Broke With Expensive Taste', 'Young Rapunxel'. I honestly didn't think she could surpass herself in doing something so fresh and different with modern music but I wholly believe this song succeeds in most brilliant fashion.
    Running for the thrill of it

Yay!! Bruno Mars is number 1 on Itunes <3!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Yay!! Bruno Mars is number 1 on Itunes <3!!
    On the other hand, "Thrift Shop" is at #2 and at #15, so if you combine what both versions are selling, the song itself is selling more than WIYWM currently.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

On the other hand, "Thrift Shop" is at #2 and at #15, so if you combine what both versions are selling, the song itself is selling more than WIYWM currently.
    Meh, I like both so I'm happy .

Here's the Top 10 for the Hot 100 being released tomorrow (dated March 23rd):

1. "Harlem Shake" - Baauer (=) (4th week @ #1!)
    4. "Stay" - Rihanna (+1)
    5. "Suit & Tie" - Justin Timberlake ft. Jay-Z (+3)
    6. "I Knew You Were Trouble." - Taylor Swift (-2)
    7. "Started From The Bottom" - Drake (-1)
    8. "Scream & Shout" - will.i.am. ft. Britney Spears (-1)
    9. "Love Me" - Lil Wayne ft. Drake & Future (+2)
    10. "Locked Out Of Heaven" - Bruno Mars (-1)
    -----
    18. "Just Give Me A Reason" - P!nk ft. Nate Ruess (+29)

Personal comments:
    -Week #8 for "Thrift Shop"'s would-be reign at #1
    -How is Harlem Shake even #1 still! I literally don't hear anybody talking about it even more, I thought the fad had died!
    -Yay for "Stay" continuing climb back up the Top 10! It'll likely get blocked from #1 by WIWYM, but a #2 peak would be nothing to scoff at
    -"Suit & Tie" annoys me the more I listen to it, and now it seems as though I'll be hearing it much more
    -No, "Love Me" is back!! Get out of here!
    -SO HAPPY to see JGMAR making such a big climb! I really like P!nk and most of you know I love fun. (and Nate Ruess is their lead singer), so this song is perfect for me! Definitely future Top 10 and hopefully future #1!
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

4. "Stay" - Rihanna (+1)
    -----

Personal comments:
    -Week #8 for "Thrift Shop"'s would-be reign at #1
    -How is Harlem Shake even #1 still! I literally don't hear anybody talking about it even more, I thought the fad had died!
    -Yay for "Stay" continuing climb back up the Top 10! It'll likely get blocked from #1 by WIWYM, but a #2 peak would be nothing to scoff at
    -"Suit & Tie" annoys me the more I listen to it, and now it seems as though I'll be hearing it much more
    -No, "Love Me" is back!! Get out of here!
    -SO HAPPY to see JGMAR making such a big climb! I really like P!nk and most of you know I love fun. (and Nate Ruess is their lead singer), so this song is perfect for me! Definitely future Top 10 and hopefully future #1!
    I seriously don't understand Harlem shake -_-....I listed to 1 minute and a little more of it and there were no lyrics -_-....

4. "Stay" - Rihanna (+1)
    -----
    •yeah, i don't even hear Harlem Shake anymore so idk why that's still #1. smh at the Billboard weighting system
    •Thrift Shop just has the greatest lyrics. i mean, it's makes fun of people who pay $50 for a T-shirt. obviously that Gucci reference was directed to the horrible rappers that plague music today. i love the sax beat (as opposed to the dull, heavy bass drum that YMCMB abuses). it really deserves a return to #1
    •just like with Diamonds and LOOH, i favor Rihanna's current single over Bruno Mars'. however, like Diamonds and LOOH, I think Bruno's single will be the big winner. but I really like these 2 songs so I'm fine with either one claiming #1 (hopefully both)
    •Suit & Tie was, for me, that random R&B song played in pop radio, but I'm kinda liking it, only a little; it gets weird after Jay-Z's part, like JT is still singing the chorus but the song is no longer upbeat. it's a “meh" for now
    •i used to laugh at IKYWT because of that random falsetto-ish “Oh" TSwift does in the chorus (during the half-time beat). but I'm into the song now. nothing interests me below that. I'm over LOOH. and i haven't enjoyed Pink's latest singles as much as songs like “Sober", nor have I fallen for America's favorite new group, fun.

EDIT: here's a semi pop-related video that I think is hilarious. I seriously think you should all watch this 30-second video

Spoiler:- Funny Falsetto:
    Last edited by flamebeam; 16th March 2013 at 4:54 AM.

Credit to Brutaka

Some new material from Beyonce has finally surfaced: introducing, 'Bown Down / I Been On'. I'm not even sure what it serves as. I guess it's just the work of some sessions in the studio idk. The cover art is ****ing hilarious. But... if this is any indication of the music on her upcoming album

I seriously don't understand Harlem shake -_-....I listed to 1 minute and a little more of it and there were no lyrics -_-....

Also JT's 'The 20/20 Experience' is on 79/100 on Metacritic too which is just another reason why you all should give it a listen. I particularly like 'Strawberry Bubblegum' and 'Blue Ocean Floor'.
    Running for the thrill of it

I really hate the song it just came out of no where and my favourite station keeps playing it all day ughhh. I just think its a bad song

To me the top 10 just looks so messy I dont even hear some of those songs on the radio any more so I dont get how they r charting well.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    Also JT's 'The 20/20 Experience' is on 79/100 on Metacritic too which is just another reason why you all should give it a listen. I particularly like 'Strawberry Bubblegum' and 'Blue Ocean Floor'.
    *pays dust to JT's album and continues bopping to Warrior*

It's the ridiculous dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    Some new material from Beyonce has finally surfaced: introducing, 'Bown Down / I Been On'. I'm not even sure what it serves as. I guess it's just the work of some sessions in the studio idk. The cover art is ****ing hilarious. But... if this is any indication of the music on her upcoming album

Um.......ok??

It's the ridiculous dance.
    Their are like two good vids out of the 50,000 lol.

I used to hate suit and tie but then I took an arrow, naw I'm just kidding. Old overused memes are horrible. No but seriously, I can't get that song out of my head now. Curse you Justin Timberlake and your ridiculously sexy voice.

Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast