Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: POP MUSIC THREAD: Taylor Swift officially joins us

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Katy Perry has said she's halfway done on her fourth album. Can't wait for it. She recorded a song called Double Rainbow....going to be interesting to see what that entails.

Meanwhile, Brit Brit's next single is called Oh La La. It will be released from the soundtrack of Smurfs 2 so it probably won't be anything to amazing but I'm still excited. Anything to tide me over til her album.

She's credited as a writer on the song as is everyone else who helped with her song.

I think I'm just not even going to listen to it then lol

Teenage Dream was Katy Perry's magnum opus, she peaked too soon, akin to Adele with 21; they will be hard pressed to equal, let alone surpass the success and quality of those albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Durian Seed View Post
    Teenage Dream was Katy Perry's magnum opus, she peaked too soon, akin to Adele with 21; they will be hard pressed to equal, let alone surpass the success and quality of those albums.
    not necessarily for Adele. she won a Golden Globe Award and an Academy Award for “Skyfall". it wasn't a mainstream hit, but it shows that there are people, be it regular people or cinema critics, that still think she matters. and even if her next album isn't in high demand by the radios, she'll most likely still be getting Grammy noms

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

I think Beyoncé won't release her album until very late 2013 - early 2014...

The Top 10 for the Hot 100 being released tomorrow (dated May 4th):

1. "Just Give Me A Reason" - P!nk ft. Nate Ruess (2nd week @ #1!)
    2. "Can't Hold Us" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton (+3)
    3. "Thrift Shop" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz (-1)
    4. "When I Was Your Man" - Bruno Mars (-1)
    5. "Gentleman" - Psy (+7)
    6. "Stay" - Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko (-2)
    7. "Mirrors" - Justin Timberlake (=)
    8. "Suit & Tie" - Justin Timberlake ft. Jay-Z (-2)
    9. "Feel This Moment" - Pitbull ft. Christina Aguilera (-1)
    10. "Started From The Bottom" - Drake (-1)
    --------------
    20. "Get Lucky" - Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams (DEBUT)

Personal comments:
    -Yay for P!nk and Nate getting their 2nd week at #1! Continue to smash, beautiful ballad!
    -Awesome to see Macklemore/Ryan Lewis having two songs in the Top 3. Perfectly encompasses the fact that they're clearly the biggest act of 2013 so far
    -Some people might be mad that Psy made it up to #5, but in all honesty I was certain it would reach #1, so I'm overjoyed that it was so far from it
    -Both Suit & Tie and Started From The Bottom seem so irrelevant at this point, I'm not sure how they're still in the Top 10
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

@Ke$ha I agree that the illuminati imagery became tired in music videos around two years ago but the mouth-eyes face was enough to make me love the video.

Perhaps her magnum opus commercially but certainly not musically. I daresay I'd probably be more impressed if she manages to write an even worse album.

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    not necessarily for Adele. she won a Golden Globe Award and an Academy Award for “Skyfall". it wasn't a mainstream hit, but it shows that there are people, be it regular people or cinema critics, that still think she matters. and even if her next album isn't in high demand by the radios, she'll most likely still be getting Grammy noms
    It arguably still rode off the success of 21 and she was a prominent and respected enough musician for award shows to have a reason to shower her with awards.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    -Awesome to see Macklemore/Ryan Lewis having two songs in the Top 3. Perfectly encompasses the fact that they're clearly the biggest act of 2013 so far
    I wouldn't say so

Both Suit & Tie and Started From The Bottom seem so irrelevant at this point, I'm not sure how they're still in the Top 10
    You could probably say that about most of the Top 10 though really.

Superb
    Last edited by Geekachu; 24th April 2013 at 11:41 PM.
    Running for the thrill of it

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post

1. "Just Give Me A Reason" - P!nk ft. Nate Ruess (2nd week @ #1!)
    2. "Can't Hold Us" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton (+3)
    3. "Thrift Shop" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz (-1)
    4. "When I Was Your Man" - Bruno Mars (-1)
    5. "Gentleman" - Psy (+7)
    6. "Stay" - Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko (-2)
    7. "Mirrors" - Justin Timberlake (=)
    8. "Suit & Tie" - Justin Timberlake ft. Jay-Z (-2)
    9. "Feel This Moment" - Pitbull ft. Christina Aguilera (-1)
    10. "Started From The Bottom" - Drake (-1)
    --------------
    •I like JGMAR a little more than I did last week, but maybe that's because of my latest interest in mainstream ballads
    •I'm also glad Macklemore owns the top 3. I REALLY hope this song becomes #1 as soon as next week. and I'm gonna have to agree with SC that Macklemore/Ryan Lewis have made the biggest impact of 2013
    •it's kinda sad to see WIWYM and Stay go down. they're 2 big reasons why I've so far enjoyed pop music 2013
    •i REALLY hope Gentleman DOESN'T get #1. ever. I don't care how many parodies of this song there can potentially be; there are better songs on the Billboard
    •so I really like Mirrors. my only issue is that it's 8 minutes long and there's no way I'm listening to 1 song for 8 minutes when I'm walking home from school. other than that, I'm surprised I like this song as much as I do since R&B hasn't been very relevant for what feels like ages. JT be takin' me back to my childhood
    Last edited by flamebeam; 25th April 2013 at 12:15 AM.

Credit to Brutaka

•I like JGMAR a little more than I did last week, but maybe that's because of my latest interest in mainstream ballads
    The song grows on you. The first time I heard it I thought, "Another troubled relationship song?"
    Now it's as if I want to hear it again and again.

•i REALLY hope Gentleman DOESN'T get #1. ever. I don't care how many parodies of this song there can potentially be; there are better songs on the Billboard
    I don't get why People actually like this song. It does a bad job censoring the swear in the chorus, the video promotes abuse towards women (I'm an Asian male and I don't like being misrepresented by this), the song sounds too similar to Gangnam Style, and Psy was signed to the same person who signed Justin Bieber (sorry if this offends anyone who like artists signed to this guy).
    All I have to say about this song

•so I really like Mirrors. my only issue is that it's 8 minutes long and there's no way I'm listening to 1 song for 8 minutes when I'm walking home from school. other than that, I'm surprised I like this song as much as I do since R&B hasn't been very relevant for what feels like ages. JT be takin' me back to my childhood
    Ever since he became a solo artist he has become a better artist. I don't mind listening to the whole 8 minutes because I just loved the "You are the love of my life" part with the ending and how it fit with the theme of a true relationship.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

I gotta say, totally digging Mirrors. After the train wreck that was Suit and Tie, I really didn't give it a chance at first but I actually really enjoy it.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I gotta say, totally digging Mirrors. After the train wreck that was Suit and Tie, I really didn't give it a chance at first but I actually really enjoy it.
    Many a folk enjoyed Suit&Tie.

I personally did not.....but many third parties did.

Many a folk enjoyed Suit&Tie.

I personally did not.....but many third parties did.
    Meh, it was a train wreck in my opinion.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Preview of Beyonce's Standing on the Sun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=aMok-RBgj1I#!

She also performed Grown Woman last night too. Apparently it was played on radio this morning but I cannot find that version anywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY90YA2CCAM
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

She also performed Grown Woman last night too. Apparently it was played on radio this morning but I cannot find that version anywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkD8eOj2iz4

here's a better quality recording of Grown Woman live

Beyonce is COMING for that crown and everyone's weaves with this. I need this album like I needed Electra Heart. I'm ready to have my 2013 slayed

twittertumblrlast.fm

I actually dont mind suit and tie. I mean it has far too much going on at once IMO but for me, i was just glad to see JT coming back. But mirrors makes suit and tie look bad. Yea its long, but i love it and i will probably reach no.1 in the US. It had been #1 for 3 weeks in the UK.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    I actually dont mind suit and tie. I mean it has far too much going on at once IMO but for me, i was just glad to see JT coming back. But mirrors makes suit and tie look bad. Yea its long, but i love it and i will probably reach no.1 in the US. It had been #1 for 3 weeks in the UK.
    I just hate that stupid voice he does, seriously just sing lol.

15. Default

That Mirrors song is a bad/poor rehash, or attempt to replicate 'Cry Me a River'.

Too generic for me. IF he tried something original maybe I'd give him credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkD8eOj2iz4

here's a better quality recording of Grown Woman live

Beyonce is COMING for that crown and everyone's weaves with this. I need this album like I needed Electra Heart. I'm ready to have my 2013 slayed
    Bow Down To The QUEEN people!!!!

You mean his falsetto? What's wrong with that? I don't think its right to criticize his voice when most artists can't carry a tune to save their lives ha ha. JT's allright by me. I just wish he would work with more people instead of always working with Timbaland which makes all his songs sound the same.

Wow. I'm not even a big Beyonce fan (not that I have anything against her, I just never really got into her music), and I like both of these songs quite a bit. Especially "Standing On The Sun" - from what that 1:30 video gave us, it's a really nice sounding song while still being upbeat. I can see it being a big multi-format radio hit, and I hope it gets released as a single.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Good god I'm dying

The Wanted - Walks Like Rihanna (Snippet)

Just found this when I flicked onto YouTube and my word - worst song of 2013 hands down just from the snippet: 'she can't sing, she can't dance, but who cares, she walks like Rihanna?'

Sometimes I swear to god ahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    It does a bad job censoring the swear in the chorus
    I thought that the official lyrics were 'mother father gentleman'

the video promotes abuse towards women (I'm an Asian male and I don't like being misrepresented by this)
    It absolutely does not

and Psy was signed to the same person who signed Justin Bieber (sorry if this offends anyone who like artists signed to this guy).
    That's no reason to dislike the song though, is it?

I'm with everyone else who says that the music sounds great from her upcoming album. I've never really cared for Beyonce in the past, although I did think 4 was a much better album that what everyone made out due to it flopping, but this is worth anticipating.

What

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty-Skitty View Post
    You mean his falsetto? What's wrong with that? I don't think its right to criticize his voice when most artists can't carry a tune to save their lives ha ha. JT's allright by me. I just wish he would work with more people instead of always working with Timbaland which makes all his songs sound the same.
    It's only really Mirrors from the album that sounds like a typical Timbaland production. He really delivered on the album though. Pusher Love Girl, Strawberry Bubblegum and Blue Ocean Floor are perfect examples of songs which don't sound Timbaland-esque.
    Running for the thrill of it

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty-Skitty View Post
    Just his whole voice in Suit and Tie, it's just annoying when you compare it to Mirrors.

Mariah Carey released a teaser video for her new song called "Beautiful" featuring Miguel! I'M EXCITED! I hope Mariah has a successful year with another #1 or at least a Top 10 hit!
    Beautiful Teaser

Nicki Minaj set to release clothing line, including swimsuits, for both males and females: http://www.vibe.com/article/nicki-mi...line-hollywood
    Recent fragrance and beauty set available at macy's (called Pink Friday). Her next album, The PinkPrint is set to come out in 2013. She's also doing *several* movies, apparently (under wraps). She also recently partnered up with a beverage company to release MYX moscato, currently only available in LA and NYC.

I love Nicki Minaj ^_^

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by Cup of Tea View Post
    Nicki Minaj set to release clothing line, including swimsuits, for both males and females: http://www.vibe.com/article/nicki-mi...line-hollywood
    Recent fragrance and beauty set available at macy's (called Pink Friday). Her next album, The PinkPrint is set to come out in 2013. She's also doing *several* movies, apparently (under wraps). She also recently partnered up with a beverage company to release MYX moscato, currently only available in LA and NYC.

I love Nicki Minaj ^_^
    just like Jennifer Lopez, Nicki Minaj is using her American Idol spotlight to make herself a household name. I swear, the amount of times my mom has mentioned this year has increased by 300% since last year. funny, I thought Mariah would've been the one to do this

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaBang View Post
    Mariah Carey released a teaser video for her new song called "Beautiful" featuring Miguel! I'M EXCITED! I hope Mariah has a successful year with another #1 or at least a Top 10 hit!
    Beautiful Teaser
    I'm now excited too, today I decided I'm going to be a Mariah stan

twittertumblrlast.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Cup of Tea View Post

I love Nicki Minaj ^_^
    I think the swimsuits for men will flop due to most males not wanting nicki releted items. A 18/21+ drink also seems stupid. I also think she should stop using the word pink in all her albums/items.

Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast