Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: POP MUSIC THREAD: Taylor Swift officially joins us

People (non-artists or record auditioneers) can sample pop songs as long as they don't make money from it, right?
    Looking for:
    - 5-6 IV Beldum Family Member (Non-English)
    - HA Fletchling Family Member
    - Drifloon Family Member (Non-English)

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    People (non-artists or record auditioneers) can sample pop songs as long as they don't make money from it, right?
    I believe so. But I would also think that they'd have to give credit to the original artist.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    I believe so. But I would also think that they'd have to give credit to the original artist.
    Thought so. In Matt Cab's English rendition of BIGBANG's Bad Boy, he mentions their band name, but he never actually made a full englsih version of it.

So that's why when CaptainSparklez (Youtube gamer) made a Minecraft rendition of Gangnam Style, he got sued and it had to get taken off of Youtube.

Did Flo Rida sample someone else's song in Good Feeling? It sounds like he did.
    Looking for:

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    I knew it. Brings back memories. My mother used to play this when I was a kid.
    Did Flo even give any credit to her in the lyrics at least?
    Looking for:

Speaking of Ke$ha the single remix for Crazy Kids is AWFUL. will.i.am's rap on it is the most horrendous 30 seconds of music ever

Amen! Psy needs to stop being endorsed fully and let better K-Pop artists trying to break into the American scheme have a chance. I hope Macklemore works hard to stay in the top ten for the next year or so with more good (and relateable) music.
    The thing with PSY is at least he writes his ****... Although, Gentleman is awful and is really only worth watching for Ga In.

twittertumblrlast.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    The thing with PSY is at least he writes his ****... Although, Gentleman is awful and is really only worth watching for Ga In.
    Yes, Ga In and HyunA are the only reason I watch his videos, but this time Ga In>HyunA.
    Wait does Mackelmore not write his own songs?
    And as for the K-Pop part of my post, I'm sure artists like BIGBANG, U-Kiss, and INFINITE write their own songs, well, at least their leaders do.
    Looking for:

He does write his own songs.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Yes, Ga In and HyunA are the only reason I watch his videos, but this time Ga In>HyunA.
    And as for the K-Pop part of my post, I'm sure artists like BIGBANG, U-Kiss, and INFINITE write their own songs, well, at least their leaders do.
    I was talking about Kpop.

Also no they don't. AJ has written a few songs for U-kiss, but the large majority he has not. No one in Infinite writes to my knowledge

twittertumblrlast.fm

I was talking about Kpop.

Also no they don't. AJ has written a few songs for U-kiss, but the large majority he has not. No one in Infinite writes to my knowledge
    Well I can definitely speak for G-Dragon and Taeyang, who have written songs for their band and their own solo albums. I know Minho, and Jonghyun are the member-writers of SHiNee.

Back in America…
    What other artists don't commonly write their own music (excluding Katy Perry)? What other artists sample from other songs and artists and don't give credit to them? Rap is one of my favorite genres basically because it brings the new songwriters into the song and features them by having them rap along or with their own verse.
    Looking for:

Eww I think the Crazy kids remix sucks but if it makes the song more popular then I cant complain lol.

Back in America…
    What other artists don't commonly write their own music (excluding Katy Perry)? What other artists sample from other songs and artists and don't give credit to them? Rap is one of my favorite genres basically because it brings the new songwriters into the song and features them by having them rap along or with their own verse.
    Katy does write her own music I know she has co-writing credits for all her songs and iirc she even has some solo writing credits on her first album.

Katy Perry has said she's halfway done on her fourth album. Can't wait for it. She recorded a song called Double Rainbow....going to be interesting to see what that entails.

Meanwhile, Brit Brit's next single is called Oh La La. It will be released from the soundtrack of Smurfs 2 so it probably won't be anything to amazing but I'm still excited. Anything to tide me over til her album.

I knew it. Brings back memories. My mother used to play this when I was a kid.
    Did Flo even give any credit to her in the lyrics at least?
    She's credited as a writer on the song as is everyone else who helped with her song.

Speaking of Ke$ha the single remix for Crazy Kids is AWFUL. will.i.am's rap on it is the most horrendous 30 seconds of music ever

I think I'm just not even going to listen to it then lol
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Katy Perry has said she's halfway done on her fourth album. Can't wait for it. She recorded a song called Double Rainbow....going to be interesting to see what that entails.

Meanwhile, Brit Brit's next single is called Oh La La. It will be released from the soundtrack of Smurfs 2 so it probably won't be anything to amazing but I'm still excited. Anything to tide me over til her album.
    If Katy's songs have a catchy and not-annoying hook this time around, I might buy her tracks. Wide Awake became annoying after my 20th listen or so. Did anyone else feel a little annoyed by her echoing "I'm Wide Awake!" line?

Britney!!1!! I Wanna Go will always be my song in 2011 over any other song that year.
    Looking for:

Well I can definitely speak for G-Dragon and Taeyang, who have written songs for their band and their own solo albums. I know Minho, and Jonghyun are the member-writers of SHiNee.
    But they don't write a majority of SHINee's music

twittertumblrlast.fm

But they don't write a majority of SHINee's music
    Yeah, I know. I was just saying how out of the whole group, they write the most. The rest are songwriters of SM and such.
    Looking for:

Finally saw Beyonce's Pepsi commercial. I need to hear the full version of Grown Woman like yesterday! Song is awesome.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Finally saw Beyonce's Pepsi commercial. I need to hear the full version of Grown Woman like yesterday! Song is awesome.
    Me too oh my god. I don't even like Beyonce, but jesus that beat is AMAZING, this is going to slay most people's 2013.

twittertumblrlast.fm

Me too oh my god. I don't even like Beyonce, but jesus that beat is AMAZING, this is going to slay most people's 2013.
    Beyoncé's back with another good beat! I was so in love with this song, until I thought I heard the sound of Nicki Minaj's whiny voice. Can someone confirm that that thing is not in Beyoncé's song?
    Looking for:

Hi guys, long time no post!

Anyone here know whether Bey is actually ever releasing? At this point it just seems like she's taunting her fans.

Anyone hear Emeli Sande's Our Version of Events? I just discovered it last night and I'm loving it. 2012 was a killer year really

twittertumblrlast.fm

Has anyone seen or heard this batch of perfection?

The video to Azealia Banks' 'Yung Rapunxel' is almost as brilliant as the song itself.

And not forgetting Daft Punk's Get Lucky. It's ridiculously amazing and I demand y'all to listen. If you could spare four minutes for Gentleman or whatever Rihanna's been releasing then surely you can dignify possibly one of my favourite songs of this year so far with a listen.

Quote Originally Posted by parasky View Post
    Okay, I hate will.i.am, but I did not him to be stealing ****ing entire parts of other music for his Justin Bieber credited album.
    Speaking of which, the chorus to will.I.am's collaboration with Miley Cyrus, 'Fall Down', sounds exactly like Die Young.

Speaking of Ke$ha the single remix for Crazy Kids is AWFUL. will.i.am's rap on it is the most horrendous 30 seconds of music ever.
    I'm still scratching my head over why her label reacted against C'Mon flopping by releasing another incredibly typical Ke$ha track and further devalued it by doing a bit of Katy Perry DIY and tacking on some horrendously unnecessary verse. Although, in will.I.am's defence, the song wasn't really that good in the first place. I couldn't tell how well this will do but I still think she should have released Gold Trans Am in order to save her career.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrakion View Post
    Hi guys, long time no post!

Anyone here know whether Bey is actually ever releasing? At this point it just seems like she's taunting her fans.
    Welcome back
    Running for the thrill of it

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    Speaking of which, the chorus to will.I.am's collaboration with Miley Cyrus, 'Fall Down', sounds exactly like Die Young.
    I knew the chorus sounded familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Thanks.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    Has anyone seen or heard this batch of perfection?

The video to Azealia Banks' 'Yung Rapunxel' is almost as brilliant as the song itself.

And not forgetting Daft Punk's Get Lucky. It's ridiculously amazing and I demand y'all to listen. If you could spare four minutes for Gentleman or whatever Rihanna's been releasing then surely you can dignify possibly one of my favourite songs of this year so far with a listen.
    Wow and I thought Lady Gaga was crazy -_-....this chick is batshit MAD.

Also the 70 called and want their song back.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Wow and I thought Lady Gaga was crazy -_-....this chick is batshit MAD.
    if you see her other videos like 212, 1991, or Liquorice from her EP they're not as crazy

This is her lead single from her album coming out in a few months (i don't even think she knows when it's coming out lel) and she said she was experimenting with a darker side so idk i guess this is what she considers dark

That Azealia chicks new video was disturbing not to mention it was giving me Alejandro and Nicki minaj teas. All that illuminati symbolism didnt help either its just over used and just plain unpleasant given recent events. I just wish most pop stars would stop going for that shock factor and just release simple music videos.

Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast