Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: POP music thread: Iggy Azalea now owns this thread

Does Mariah sing alone in her own tracks anymore? I don't listen to her, I think all I've heard of her was her old stuff from the 90s, which IIRC, she sang alone. It seems like her last two songs I've heard (Triumphant and #Beautiful) have others singing her songs, while she stays in the background or she just sings some verses.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Btw was #willpower the first album to use hashtags in the album and in #thatPower?
    Well I'm not sure if it was the first song/album to ever use a hashtag in the title, but #thatPOWER and #willpower were definitely the first commercially popular song and album to use it.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Meh, after she was quite mean to my people, I can't look at her the same way. Sure she can sing but when you are acting all stuck up and full of yourself, who cares really.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!

The Top 10 for the Hot 100 being released tomorow (dated May 18th):

1. "Can't Hold Us" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton (+1)
    2. "Just Give Me A Reason" - P!nk ft. Nate Ruess (-1)
    3. "Mirrors" - Justin Timberlake (+2)
    4. "Stay" - Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko (-1)
    5. "When I Was Your Man" - Bruno Mars (+1)
    6. "Thrift Shop" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz (-2)
    7. "I Love It" - Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX (+2)
    8. "Radioactive" - Imagine Dragons (+2)
    9. "Cruise" - Florida Georgia Line ft. Nelly (+4)
    10. "Feel This Moment" - Pitbull ft. Christina Aguilera (-2)
    --------------------
    83. "Same Love" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert (+9)

Personal comments:
    -CAN'T HOLD US #1!!!! Honestly, M&RL deserve all the success they're getting, especially since they're still not signed to a record label. Billboard said that they're the first group to bring both their first two releases to #1
    -While I'm super happy that CHU got #1, I'm sad it meant that JGMAR had to leave the top spot. I wish it could have gotten a few more weeks at #1
    -Rise, I Love It, rise! Become the summer smash you're meant to be! Same goes for Radioactive
    -Huh, did not expect Cruise to be in the Top 10...
    -I really really hope "Same Love" becomes a single after CHU. It's a beautiful song, and I think that people who don't like M&RL right now will think differently if they heard that song. It might not seem that radio friendly, but then again I doubt very many people thought that Thrift Shop would sell 6mil+ copies when they first heard it
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post

--------------------

Personal comments:
    -CAN'T HOLD US #1!!!! Honestly, M&RL deserve all the success they're getting, especially since they're still not signed to a record label. Billboard said that they're the first group to bring both their first two releases to #1
    -While I'm super happy that CHU got #1, I'm sad it meant that JGMAR had to leave the top spot. I wish it could have gotten a few more weeks at #1
    -Rise, I Love It, rise! Become the summer smash you're meant to be! Same goes for Radioactive
    -I really really hope "Same Love" becomes a single after CHU. It's a beautiful song, and I think that people who don't like M&RL right now will think differently if they heard that song. It might not seem that radio friendly, but then again I doubt very many people thought that Thrift Shop would sell 6mil+ copies when they first heard it
    YAAAAAASSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! Absolutely love Macklemore and ryan lewis! Glad cant hold us is finally number one! And i agree that same love should be their next single. Its a nice song but people might be put off by its meaning, but they deserve all the success they get!
    Also im glad to see radioactive and i love it continuing to climb as their both awesome songs!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

--------------------
    •in 3 weeks I have become in love with JGMAR. I even like it more than CHU. but I haven't really given CHU a chance since I got hooked on JGMAR, meaning I'll probably love it by next week. overall, this is the best top 2 in a while
    •actually, it's a VERY good Top 3. Mirrors IMO is way better than S&T. I hear that song very frequently on the radio, and I sometimes hear Ariana Grande's song, too. so altogether it creates such an R&B throwback nostalgia effect of awesomeness. what a great Top 3!
    •make that VERY good Top 5. they're kinda old now, but Stay and WIWYM are still great. 2 ballads that I'll be listening to for a while. now that they're falling down the chart, it's only a matter of time that they're no longer in the Top 10. what a shame.
    •make that VERY VERY good Top 6! not much to say about Thrift shop that I haven't already. sax beat, satire, Macklemore's rap skills.
    •well, the streak had to end somewhere. it's called “I Love It" I call it “I'm Okay with It". I actually hope this song DOES NOT become a “summer smash" because I heard it a lot in 2011 so I would be sick to DEATH if it plagued my summer
    •idrc about 8, 9, or 10. I haven't listened to radioactive yet, but I'll come across it eventually. overall, this is definitely the best Top 10 I've seen since I started posting in the pop music thread. I'm seriously LOVING music right now

Conquest: A Fan Fiction

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    actually hope this song DOES NOT become a “summer smash" because I heard it a lot in 2011
    It was first released in May 2012, so I'm not sure how you heard it in 2011... unless of course this was a typo and you meant 2012.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

It was first released in May 2012, so I'm not sure how you heard it in 2011... unless of course this was a typo and you meant 2012.
    it was technically not a typo. I just confused the time period. it was actually last spring/summer. so yeah, 2012

Credit to Brutaka

Billboard said that they're the first group to bring both their first two releases to #1
    Well then Billboard can have many seats because their first single was Wings and it flopped hard. I can't at our supposed 'official' source spreading misinformation. Not that I've ever taken Billboard seriously but they should at least do their research before leaping on band wagons.

Any ways I think the song is average but so is most of the stuff that's charting at the moment.

--------------------

Personal comments:
    Seeing how mirrors is a poor reimagination of Cry Me a River, it is hard to see why or how this is #3.

Rihanna's Stay is doing waaaaay better than I though it would. Something tells me whatever she follows it with is going to fail to perform well...

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty-Skitty View Post
    Well then Billboard can have many seats because their first single was Wings and it flopped hard. I can't at our supposed 'official' source spreading misinformation. Not that I've ever taken Billboard seriously but they should at least do their research before leaping on band wagons.

Any ways I think the song is average but so is most of the stuff that's charting at the moment.
    Actually I think their 1st single was called My Oh My but I get ur point. I dont know what billboard is up to but they should correct their mistake.

And WOW Im surprised Stay is doing so well. I dont care too much about the song but its success is outstanding

I really hope Same Love comes back hard, it's amazing and beautiful and such an inspiration <3 <3 <3 <3!!!

But ya, GO MACKLEMORE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    Does Mariah sing alone in her own tracks anymore? I don't listen to her, I think all I've heard of her was her old stuff from the 90s, which IIRC, she sang alone. It seems like her last two songs I've heard (Triumphant and #Beautiful) have others singing her songs, while she stays in the background or she just sings some verses.
    Almost Home was just her, her last studio album didn't have any collabs either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty-Skitty View Post
    I think they meant first two singles to actually chart on the Hot 100. If that's the case - and it makes sense that it is - then it's accurate, because none of their singles before "Thrift Shop" ever even came close to touching the Hot 100.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    in 3 weeks I have become in love with JGMAR. I even like it more than CHU. but I haven't really given CHU a chance since I got hooked on JGMAR, meaning I'll probably love it by next week. overall, this is the best top 2 in a while
    UPDATE: It took me one listen - that's right, ONE FULL LISTEN - to love Can't Hold Us more than JGMAR now. my god, music is so good right now

Credit to Brutaka

Have y'all discussed Demi Lovato's flawless new album yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_ View Post
    Have y'all discussed Demi Lovato's flawless new album yet?
    I LOVE Neon Lights, Never Been Hurt, Warrior and Really Don't Care
    Her album is currently at #2 in iTunes and I hope it ends up becoming her second #1 album.

Anyone like Owl City?

Fireflies is legitimate.

The Top 10 for the Hot 100 that was released today (dated May 25th):

1. "Can't Hold Us" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton (=) (2nd week @ #1!)
    2. "Just Give Me A Reason" - P!nk ft. Nate Ruess (=)
    3. "Mirrors" - Justin Timberlake (=)
    4. "When I Was Your Man" - Bruno Mars (+1)
    5. "Stay" - Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko (-1)
    6. "Come & Get It" - Selena Gomez (+8)
    7. "Thrift Shop" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz (-1)
    8. "Radioactive" - Imagine Dragons (=)
    9. "I Love It" - Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX (-2)
    10. "Cruise" - Florida Georgia Line ft. Nelly (-1)
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    24. "#Beautiful" - Mariah Carey ft. Miguel (DEBUT)

Personal comments:
    -2nd week at #1 for CHU! Hopefully the second of many
    -Wow, I knew "Come & Get It" would get into the Top 10, but I didn't realize it would shoot up so high!
    -I hope "I Love It" rebounds, I'd hate to see it peak at #7
    -"#Beautiful" debuted much lower than I expected. I didn't think it would be a Top 10 debut, but I thought it would debut at around #15
    Last edited by Silent Conversation; 17th May 2013 at 12:27 AM.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I really don't have much to say, so I hope it's okay that I don't quote SC's post
    •same Top 3 as last week, which is cool because these are the best 3 songs, and in that order; I actually love these songs even more than I did last week
    •i had WIWYM stuck in my head for like 12 hours STRAIGHT. it was not fun. so I'm getting over it. I still like Stay, though.
    •i was hoping “Clarity" would be the next top 10 song, but I'm not too surprised that Selena Gomez made it here. Z100 sure loves the song

Credit to Brutaka

Been forever but Top 10 is still rather boring overall. Dear God...when did Selena get that popular?

Meanwhile, Britney's Ooh La La has leaked. Warning, song is not her usual sexy music as it's for the Smurfs movie.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Been forever but Top 10 is still rather boring overall. Dear God...when did Selena get that popular?

Meanwhile, Britney's Ooh La La has leaked. Warning, song is not her usual sexy music as it's for the Smurfs movie.
    My poor ears O_O.....good lord the auto tune <_<

I know there was one point about a year ago where a lot of people were talking about Lana Del Rey, so I thought I'd ask people their opinions on "Young & Beautiful", her single on The Great Gatsby soundtrack. I personally am in love with the song, and I wasn't even one of those people who would talk about Lana a lot. I honestly think I've listened to it about 10 times today, so if you haven't listened to it yet, go do it. (I recommend the DH Orchestral Version, it sounds much more ominous than the original)
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I know there was one point about a year ago where a lot of people were talking about Lana Del Rey, so I thought I'd ask people their opinions on "Young & Beautiful", her single on The Great Gatsby soundtrack. I personally am in love with the song, and I wasn't even one of those people who would talk about Lana a lot. I honestly think I've listened to it about 10 times today, so if you haven't listened to it yet, go do it. (I recommend the DH Orchestral Version, it sounds much more ominous than the original)
    I listened to it and connected the lyrics to Gatsby, and I found it very sad. poor Gatsby
    it really makes me wanna see this movie now; this song really sets the tone for the darker parts of the story

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post

Once she started rapping (does her rapping count as ear-raping?), I stopped listening. The sassy rapping is just not her style, and the vocals were actually really catchy. Then the rapping started and I was done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes
    What I like about the Mega Evolution line is how consistently ridiculously over the top they are. I mean just from what we have: Leather Dom Houndoom, Haute Couture Banette, Debutante Gardevoir, Alternative Circuit Party Angel Absol, L'Oreal model Ampharos, Ivan Ooze Aerodactyl, Sashimi Gyarados, Tweaker Raged Pinsir, Ghandi Alakazam... I could go on but you get the gist.

I anxiously await Fierce Drag Queen Jynx.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbean View Post
    Coro coro magazine proud to reveal all new never before seen mega evolutions of latios and latias (exclusive to japan)

Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast