Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: POP MUSIC THREAD: Taylor Swift officially joins us

I guess that wasn't the final version of the song, she said the real version comes out in about a month. I'm curious as too what more they could change though.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    I know there was one point about a year ago where a lot of people were talking about Lana Del Rey, so I thought I'd ask people their opinions on "Young & Beautiful", her single on The Great Gatsby soundtrack. I personally am in love with the song, and I wasn't even one of those people who would talk about Lana a lot. I honestly think I've listened to it about 10 times today, so if you haven't listened to it yet, go do it. (I recommend the DH Orchestral Version, it sounds much more ominous than the original)
    Young & Beautiful is amazing and one of the best songs she's ever done. It's perfect for the film (and used wonderfully in the film), and it's just a wonderful song in general. I hope it makes Lana a more mainstream success and restores some of the cred she had pre-SNL

twittertumblrlast.fm

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I guess that wasn't the final version of the song, she said the real version comes out in about a month. I'm curious as too what more they could change though.
    Phew, I was fearful she would deliver that trainwreck as the final draft. I just hope the real version doesn't have her sass-rapping too much.
    Looking for:
    - 5-6 IV Beldum Family Member (Non-English)
    - HA Fletchling Family Member
    - Drifloon Family Member (Non-English)

It's only a few lines that she does it so it's not that bad.

Meanwhile, I am in shock because this was revealed months ago and I am just finding out today! Fergie said back in December that she is in the early stages of a new solo album. Thank God, I've been dying for one for years.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

It's only a few lines that she does it so it's not that bad.

Meanwhile, I am in shock because this was revealed months ago and I am just finding out today! Fergie said back in December that she is in the early stages of a new solo album. Thank God, I've been dying for one for years.
    it can't be worse than what will.i.am is doing. please, fergie. salvage the “black eyed peas" name

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Well The Dutchess was a good album so hopefully she can produce that success again.

Meanwhile, the two new X Factor US judges were revealed today: Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio. Indifferent to Kelly, but Paulina? Really!?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Meanwhile, the two new X Factor US judges were revealed today: Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio. Indifferent to Kelly, but Paulina? Really!?
    I'm happy about Kelly because I've heard good thinks about her as a judge. But I had to look up Paulina to find out who she was, and even after that I still barely know who she is. The one good sign of her being hired is that the X Factor has stopped caring about hiring judges just for their big names and huge buckets of fame. Regardless of whether you like or dislike Britney as an artist, it would be plain ignorant to deny the fact that she was totally inept at being a judge and that she was hired purely because she's the famous Britney Spears. So I could just be overly optimistic, but maybe if the X Factor is willing to hire a fairly unknown artist, her judging talent could be pretty good.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Well The Dutchess was a good album so hopefully she can produce that success again.

Who's she??

I'm happy for Kelly though .
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

you know what guys? she's a Latina star! okay? LATINA! STAR! ESTRELLA LATINA! anyone in the Spanish community has heard of her. I'll admit, I don't know much about her, but I'm aware of her existence

Credit to Brutaka

Regardless of whether you like or dislike Britney as an artist, it would be plain ignorant to deny the fact that she was totally inept at being a judge
    On the live shows yes, but she did fine at the auditions and she was great as a mentor behind the scenes.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

On the live shows yes, but she did fine at the auditions and she was great as a mentor behind the scenes.
    Well I mean, the auditions and the live shows are completely different. The auditions aren't filmed live, which means things can be re-shot and people can be told to say different things. All I'm saying is the sudden jump from her comments/critiques being good in the auditions to being intolerable in the live shows makes it seem like somebody was helping her during the auditions...

But I do think she was a good mentor (in fact, I never said she wasn't). She knew her contestants well from the start and she was usually spot on with song choices for them. But being a mentor is only half the job, and if an unknown name outside of the Spanish community can do the full job better than Britney can, I'm fine with not knowing the 4th judge.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Really? Kelly Rowland is now on the US X factor. That really is a surprise, as she was on the UK version a year or two back. Hopefully she does a good job in the US as she she really did in the UK. Dont know Paula Rubio though. (Will google)
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

I don't have anything against Paulina, I just think she's kind of an out there choice, just like Cheryl (event hough I love Cheeza).

Aso, it looks like True Love will be Pink's next single. I love this song and can't wait for a video, but be brave Pink! I want a video for **** Like You!
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Studio version of Grown Woman:

A lot of fans were disappointed with this but I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    Young & Beautiful is amazing and one of the best songs she's ever done. It's perfect for the film (and used wonderfully in the film), and it's just a wonderful song in general. I hope it makes Lana a more mainstream success and restores some of the cred she had pre-SNL
    I don't think Lana Del Rey being embraced by America is ever going to happen
    Running for the thrill of it

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    Really? Kelly Rowland is now on the US X factor. That really is a surprise, as she was on the UK version a year or two back. Hopefully she does a good job in the US as she she really did in the UK.
    I just hope it won't flop like Everybody dance now did here (Channel 10 having low ratings all the time + the olympics didn't help)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    I think she is a bit popular with alt radio but I don't see her becoming the next adele or Duffy.

The Top 10 for the Hot 100 being released tomorrow (chart dated June 1st):

1. "Can't Hold Us" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz (=) (3rd week at #1!)
    2. "Just Give Me A Reason" - P!nk ft. Nate Ruess (=)
    3. "Mirrors" - Justin Timberlake (=)
    4. "When I Was Your Man" - Bruno Mars (=)
    5. "Stay" - Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko (=)
    6. "Cruise" - Florida Georgia Line ft. Nelly (+4)
    7. "Come & Get It" - Selena Gomez (-1)
    8. "Radioactive" - Imagine Dragons (=)
    9. "I Love It" - Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX (=)
    10. "Get Lucky" - Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams (+5)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    12. "Blurred Lines" - Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell & T.I. (+42)
    20. "#Beautiful" - Mariah Carey ft. Miguel (+4)

Personal comments:
    -3rd week at #1 for CHU! I'm really curious to see what's going to replace this and when. Right now it has zero competition, as JGMAR is falling and Mirrors's sales aren't holding up
    -"Cruise" is performing way better than I could have ever expected. One of the biggest country-pop crossovers we've had in a long time
    -Wow, who would have thought that of all artists, Pharrell Williams would be the big rising artist of the summer!? I do really like "Blurred Lines" though, it's a really catchy and fun song
    -Not too much to say this week, there were a lot on non-movers
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

very little change this week. (my phone has been giving me problems btw so quoting SC's post would be more trouble than it's worth). anyway, I only have one thing to say this week: Get Lucky is in the Top 10! silly me just heard this song a few days ago (you'd never guess who showed it to me), and it's got the nicest vibe. I could listen to that song for a long time. I'm hoping for longevity here

Credit to Brutaka

Paulina is a huge name in the latin market so she does have credit to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    this.

speaking of which, does anyone think that the XF hired her because the Voice hired Shakira (kinda like Britney vs. Christina)?

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Meh, Shakira is way better, plus her english singing isn't that great :/....
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

21. Default

I'm happy about Kelly because I've heard good thinks about her as a judge. But I had to look up Paulina to find out who she was, and even after that I still barely know who she is. The one good sign of her being hired is that the X Factor has stopped caring about hiring judges just for their big names and huge buckets of fame. Regardless of whether you like or dislike Britney as an artist, it would be plain ignorant to deny the fact that she was totally inept at being a judge and that she was hired purely because she's the famous Britney Spears. So I could just be overly optimistic, but maybe if the X Factor is willing to hire a fairly unknown artist, her judging talent could be pretty good.
    Do your research...

Paulina is far from unknown. She's the Mexican Madonna is more ways than 1(BTW which isn't a good thing).

Quote Originally Posted by Durian Seed View Post
    Do your research...

Paulina is far from unknown. She's the Mexican Madonna is more ways than 1(BTW which isn't a good thing).
    If you read my other post, you'll see that I corrected my mistake:

and if an unknown name outside of the Spanish community can do the full job better than Britney can, I'm fine with not knowing the 4th judge.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    A gay can certainly dream though, can't he?

twittertumblrlast.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    A gay can certainly dream though, can't he?
    Lol I can't tell if you meant to type that or if it is a typo

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Meh, Shakira is way better, plus her english singing isn't that great :/....
    Yeah but most people like whatever the media throws at them. I hope this would get more viewers that are not american.

Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast