Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: POP MUSIC THREAD: Taylor Swift officially joins us

Quote Originally Posted by parasky View Post
    At least it isn't pretentious indie hipster garbage like Imagine Dragons. Every time I hear Radioactive I feel like hitting the person next to me with a huge speaker.

Also, Miley did this

Lol better then the **** you just posted...

Seriously someone get Miley a pool and a smoke cuz she white trash at it's finest smdh.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    The Top 10 for the Hot 100 being released tomorrow (dated June 29th):

1. "Blurred Lines" - Robin Thicke ft. T.I. & Pharrell (=) (2nd week @ #1!)
    2. "Get Lucky" - Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams (+1)
    3. "Can't Hold Us" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton (-1)
    4. "Radioactive" - Imagine Dragons (+2)
    5. "Mirrors" - Justin Timberlake (-1)
    6. "Cruise" - Florida Georgia Line ft. Nelly (-1)
    7. "Just Give Me A Reason" - P!nk ft. Nate Ruess (=)
    8. "Come & Get It" - Selena Gomez (=)
    9. "The Way" - Ariana Grande ft. Mac Miller (=)
    10. "I Love It" - Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX (=)

Personal comments:
    -My god, Blurred Lines has a huge lead right now. It's going to be extremely tough for any song to surpass it in popularity in the foreseeable future
    -Congrats to Pharrell Williams for being the first artist to hold #1 and #2 in the same week since 2009!
    -YES, RADIOACTIVE ENTERING TOP 5!! It does this in its 42nd week, which earns it the record of slowest climber to the Top 5! Maybe it can get a slowest climber to #1 record soon...?
    -Other than Pharrell's Top 2 domination and Radioactive's jump, pretty boring Top 10 this week
    Pharrell is slowly taking over the music world.....
    But seriously, one artist on the top two tracks is sure good going. Pharrell's features must be the key to Blurred lines and Get Lucky's success.
    And Imagine Dragons have finally cracked the top ten! Hopefully it can climb a little more and finally reach #1!
    Not much else to talk about. But most of the top ten is good
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Seriously, what is this?
    At 1:30 and my brain is gone. That cutting the fake-fingers scene was so disturbing.
    I want a teddy bear backpack.
    Miley should not try to be gangster. At all.
    ………Song ended. Why is Miley trying to twerk?
    did you watch the video? she's not trying to twerk. she's succeeding but in all seriousness, the b**** is crazy.

I'm technically behind in music, but with final exams behind me, and graduation this week, I'll have time to catch up, I think

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    did you watch the video? she's not trying to twerk. she's succeeding but in all seriousness, the b**** is crazy.

I'm technically behind in music, but with final exams behind me, and graduation this week, I'll have time to catch up, I think
    IMO, Miley has gone a bit over the edge. I think Can't Be Tamed was just a warning sign, but most probably found that acceptable because the GaGa influence was pretty much affecting most artists and making them become creative and unconventional. However, I could be wrong, but the point is Miley has made her own image with her music and I really don't like it.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

I can say this about Miley's image when it first started. I LOVED it. I loved her with the short hair and her new style and was waiting in so much anticipation for her new music because I thought it would be more rock/pop. Then We Can't Stop came out and I was like, what, no one thinks you actually pop molly's Miley. She's trying so hard to be something that she really isn't. The video is one of the most awkward pop videos I've ever seen, the most being Gimme More by Britney Spears. Like I cringe through half the video. I wish she had done a more P!nk like rebel with her music rather than this Rihanna-esque vibe she is going for. I feel like if Rihanna had done this record it would be a little bit more sell-able and would be, honestly, more believable.

This is my sig.

Miley's new video is a hot mess. Shes trying too hard to be edgy but she's failing miserably. Quite a shame really because she had potential. She's just on a downward spiral right now.

The Top 10 for the Hot 100 being released tomorrow (dated July 6th):

1. "Blurred Lines" - Robin Thicke ft. T.I. & Pharrell (=) (3rd week @ #1!)
    2. "Get Lucky" - Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams (=)
    3. "Radioactive" - Imagine Dragons (+1)
    4. "Cruise" - Florida Georgia Line ft. Nelly (+2)
    5. "We Can't Stop" - Miley Cyrus (+22)
    6. "Can't Hold Us" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton (-3)
    7. "Mirrors" - Justin Timberlake (-2)
    8. "Treasure" - Bruno Mars (+3)
    9. "Come & Get It" - Selena Gomez (-1)
    10. "Just Give Me A Reason" - P!nk ft. Nate Ruess (-3)

Personal comments:
    -Another week at #1 for Blurred Lines! It's going to be a long time before another song replaces it
    -Does anybody else find it funny that a song with Pharrell is blocking a song with Pharrell from reaching #1?
    -And "Radioactive" officially joins the list of amazing alternative songs to peak at #3 (Some Nights and Ho Hey say hello)
    -We Can't Stop is now in the Top 5. Kill me please.
    -Same Love better enter the Top 10 before Can't Hold Us leaves. I need M&RL to continue to be the only artist to spend all of 2013 in the Top 10
    -Treasure is my least favourite out of Bruno's 3 singles from his latest album, so I really hope it peaks here (it won't, though)
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Personal comments:
    -Another week at #1 for Blurred Lines! It's going to be a long time before another song replaces it
    -Does anybody else find it funny that a song with Pharrell is blocking a song with Pharrell from reaching #1?
    -And "Radioactive" officially joins the list of amazing alternative songs to peak at #3 (Some Nights and Ho Hey say hello)
    -Same Love better enter the Top 10 before Can't Hold Us leaves. I need M&RL to continue to be the only artist to spend all of 2013 in the Top 10
    -Treasure is my least favourite out of Bruno's 3 singles from his latest album, so I really hope it peaks here (it won't, though)
    Oh god -_-...seriously get lucky and miley need to gtfo.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Oh god -_-...seriously get lucky and miley need to gtfo.

Personal comments:

Y'all two, please stop hating on Miley, that is the song of the summer.

Queen ratchet Cyrus is here to stay...

Quote Originally Posted by Durian Seed View Post

Oh hellz no. I shall hate stripper cyrus all I want.

you can't call her ratchet in a complimentary fashion. but I do agree that she is, in fact, ratchet

Personal comments:
    its been a while since I commented on one if these. that's really because it's annoying to do on my phone, so I'll keep it short
    •i heard a few seconds of Blurred Lines, and I wasn't too thrilled. the best I can do right now is give it a full listen
    •CHU is still my favorite song right now. I really wish its fall were more graceful
    •Get Lucky is a close second fav right now. I would prefer this song to be #1
    •while I haven't heard too much of her song, I have never taken new, edgy Miley seriously, so it's kinda annoying that the music industry is
    •i agree with SC; Treasure is Bruno's least good single from Unorthodox Jukebox or whatever the album is called (I know I'm not even close, but meh). the fact that this song will be one of the main summer hits almost makes me cringe. it's not that the song is bad; I literally get nothing out of it; no emotion, no inspiration. oh well, at least he's not ratchet

overall, I don't like this Top 10. it's filled with songs I don't care for, as well as songs I love but have peaked already (e.g. Mirrors, JGMAR, CHU). hopefully, the summer will bring more songs (Clarity needs to get on this list) but we're late into June so I'm not too confident
    Last edited by flamebeam; 26th June 2013 at 10:01 PM.

Credit to Brutaka

• Opinion
    • LOVE Robin Thicke and his new song. It really deserves to be number 1.
    • I honestly don't get the appeal of Get Lucky at all. Its a weird song
    • Florida needs to go back from the gutter he came from
    • Miley can join florida unless she cleans up her act
    • Bruno needs to release Natalie, it's so much better than Treasure.

Trying to defend Miley Cyrus and her grody song is like trying to tell me Rihanna doesn't do drugs. impossible

This is my sig.

Although We Can't Stop may not be the best song ever, I don't believe it warrants such harsh criticism. The trouble with child stars is that if they carry on making childish music and continue their childish image they transpire as being contrived and immature like Avril Lavigne. Yet on the other hand people who wish to progress like Miley and even Britney back in the day will receive a lot of scorn for simply wanting to accommodate their growth. Although her music may not be the best I can't help but applaud Miley for attempting to make that transition despite the gross amount of scorn she was destined to receive from audiences who, for some reason, cannot stomach child stars who want to become genuine and facilitate their maturity.

And props to Miley too. We Can't Stop broke Bieber's record of the most Vevo views in the first 24 hours of uploading. I congratulate her.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    Although We Can't Stop may not be the best song ever, I don't believe it warrants such harsh criticism. The trouble with child stars is that if they carry on making childish music and continue their childish image they transpire as being contrived and immature like Avril Lavigne. Yet on the other hand people who wish to progress like Miley and even Britney back in the day will receive a lot of scorn for simply wanting to accommodate their growth. Although her music may not be the best I can't help but applaud Miley for attempting to make that transition despite the gross amount of scorn she was destined to receive from audiences who, for some reason, cannot stomach child stars who want to become genuine and facilitate their maturity.

And props to Miley too. We Can't Stop broke Bieber's record of the most Vevo views in the first 24 hours of uploading. I congratulate her.
    in general, you're right. people hate to see their idols, child stars, grow up. personally, I think Miley is pushing her boundaries. instead of growing, she's morphing into this obnoxious, grimey character. someone who I think is doing this right is Selena Gomez. you think she's still a child star? I would say “Come and Get It" suggests something very different. she's been “growing up" by transitioning her wardrobe (revealing more skin and wearing adult-appropriate clothing) and producing more mature music, that is topping charts, without being interpreted as a trashy slore. Miley's weed-promoting, ***-twerking, just plain frightening behavior is more than a bit much.

Credit to Brutaka

My problem with We Can't Stop is much simpler than the growth of child stars and her transformation to a new image. It's just a really, really bad song. Simple as that.

EDIT: Before that starts a massive war in this thread, I'll disclaim that that's obviously just my opinion.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    in general, you're right. people hate to see their idols, child stars, grow up. personally, I think Miley is pushing her boundaries. instead of growing, she's morphing into this obnoxious, grimey character. someone who I think is doing this right is Selena Gomez. you think she's still a child star? I would say “Come and Get It" suggests something very different. she's been “growing up" by transitioning her wardrobe (revealing more skin and wearing adult-appropriate clothing) and producing more mature music, that is topping charts, without being interpreted as a trashy slore. Miley's weed-promoting, ***-twerking, just plain frightening behavior is more than a bit much.
    Not to mention she does not have the body to make twerking look good.

Basically I agree with most of this, Miley could've done the thing that Selena or Demi have done. Those two Disney stars matured but in a more natural way. There maturity is much more natural and not so forced on us. Miley took the simplest way to APPEAR more mature, the party image. It's actually not even more mature image, it's more immature in my opinion.

This is my sig.

I love 'We Can't Stop' and idk why it's getting so much hate, she's just trying something new.

Much better than anything on Can't Be Tamed, imo.

Except she's bee a hoe since like 15 lol. She isn't trying to grow out of anything. She's trying to be black(like beiber) and failing miserably. There are plenty of child stars who didn't turn into dirty trashy *****s so she has no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    I love 'We Can't Stop' and idk why it's getting so much hate, she's just trying something new.

Much better than anything on Can't Be Tamed, imo.
    I loved her backyard sessions and wish that her music will be more country/folk influence mixed with Rock/Pop, she has AMAZING vocals when it's in the right genre. Pop, pure pop, isn't a good fit for her IMO.

This is my sig.

IMO Miley's newfound 'ratchetness' doesn't suit her at all. She's trying too hard and it just seems like a cry for attention. She can do so much better by just being herself. But her song is charting well and apparently that counts for alot more.

you guys know how Pitbull's songs are generic and dumb? well, I just heard “Outta Nowhere" by Pitbull ft. Danny Mercer, and it's not like anything you've heard from him. I'm not calling it Song of the Year, but IMO it's worth listening to

[insert link here]

Credit to Brutaka

I don't think there should be a set path for child stars to follow. I know there are certain moral implications of a child star becoming a lot more sexualised and provocative but I still believe they should have that freedom. If you look at today's crop of artists you'll find people like Bruno Mars and Katy Perry who mostly make conservative radio hits and then others like Rihanna and Ke$ha who have a more trashy image. I say let Miley choose rather than following a designated path. Disney stars aren't renowned for their good music anyway so I don't mind if she chooses to be somewhat interesting as opposed to Snooze-fest Lovato.

Listened to that Pitbull song and sorry Flamebeam but I thought it was rather generic :x

Personal comments:
    I have a funny feeling that neither blurred lines or get lucky will go to far for a while.... Which in my opinion is a good thing!
    Radioactive! YASSSS! Its climbed into the top three! Get to number one! Imagine dragons are a great band!
    We cant stop at #5? How? I really dislike it.
    And as for treasure. Im quite happy its gone top ten, i love it!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Imagine Dragons get to Number One djrjjesjjejejdjfjfkekwj YES.
    SO, I HERD U LIEK MAGIKARP?

Sorry for the hiatus. I'll try to be back and active as soon as possible. Thank you for your consideration.

Listened to that Pitbull song and sorry Flamebeam but I thought it was rather generic :x
    it's okay, Geekachu . I thought it was good for Pitbull, at the least. something I don't mind from Pitbull that could very likely be a summer hit is a win for me

Credit to Brutaka

Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast