Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: POP music thread: Why is 2014 sucking so far?

The Top 10 for the Hot 100 being released tomorrow (dated March 30th):

1. "Harlem Shake" - Baauer (=) (5th week @ #1!)
    2. "Thrift Shop" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz (=)
    3. "When I Was Your Man" - Bruno Mars (=)
    4. "Suit & Tie" - Justin Timberlake ft. Jay-Z (+1)
    5. "Stay" - Rihanna (-1)
    6. "Started From The Bottom" - Drake (+1)
    7. "I Knew You Were Trouble." - Taylor Swift (-1)
    8. "Scream & Shout" - will.i.am. ft. Britney Spears (=)
    9. "Just Give Me A Reason" - P!nk ft. Nate Ruess (+9)
    10. "Feel This Moment" - Pitbull ft. Christina Aguilera (+3)
    -----
    25. "Mirrors" - Justin Timberlake (+52)

Personal comments:
    -Week #9 of Thrift Shop's potential pre-Youtube reign...
    -Speaking of which, I previously thought that TS would return to #1 after HS left, but now I'm not so sure. Suit & Tie and WIWYM are both catching up to it in both sales and airplay, so either one of them could potentially be the next #1 before TS gets the chance to reclaim it
    -Yay for JGMAR entering the Top 10! I've already mentioned in this thread how much I like the song and the artists in it, so I'm glad to see it so high! Plus, it's currently #1 on US iTunes, so it will likely climb even more next week!
    -Is it just me or does Mirrors sound really horrible? I hope it doesn't become a big hit when S&T dies down, but it likely will be

EDIT: Fixed to accomodate for Billboard's mistake
    EDIT2: Fixed AGAIN to go back to what it was before
    Last edited by Silent Conversation; 21st March 2013 at 10:23 PM.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post

5. "Stay" - Rihanna (-1)
    10. "Love Me" - Lil Wayne ft. Drake & Future (-1)
    -----

Personal comments:
    -Speaking of which, I previously thought that TS would return to #1 after HS left, but now I'm not so sure. Suit & Tie and WIWYM are both catching up to it in both sales and airplay, so either one of them could potentially be the next #1 before TS gets the chance to reclaim it
    -Yay for JGMAR entering the Top 10! I've already mentioned in this thread how much I like the song and the artists in it, so I'm glad to see it so high! Plus, it's currently #1 on US iTunes, so it will likely climb even more next week!
    -Is it just me or does Mirrors sound really horrible? I hope it doesn't become a big hit when S&T dies down, but it likely will be
    Ok who the hell keeps listening to Harlem Shake -_-...

CYNDAQUIL IS FINALLY MINE <3 <3 <3 <3!!!!!
    Pokemon Y FC: 1693-2261-4948
    Friend Safari: Poison(Venomoth, Toxicroak, and Seviper)

Personal comments:
    Come on now sis. Gangnam Style was screwed over far more by the Billboard formula, and, unlike Thrift Shop, doesn't even have a number one to show for it. I mean, I love Thrift Shop and all but

The production is very 2006-ish and it would fit perfectly onto Future Sex/Love Sounds if not for the lyrical content, but it's still enjoyable nonetheless. I mean, it's much better than Suit and Tie for one. Maybe JT's just not your cup of tea.
    burn

Not that anyone here really cares but I need to a place to cry. Girls Aloud have announced they are splitting up. Most of us expected it to happen after the tour but it's still so sad. What an amazing group they were.

Pokémon X Team

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Not that anyone here really cares but I need to a place to cry. Girls Aloud have announced they are splitting up. Most of us expected it to happen after the tour but it's still so sad. What an amazing group they were.

praying this means another Nicola solo album can happen

twittertumblrlast.fm

Very true. As much as I hate to see the Girls break up, I would love to hear another album from Nicola.

Pokémon X Team

Huh, so it looks as though for the first time in a long time, Billboard either added extra data into the Hot 100 at the very last minute, as both the positions it mentioned in its weekly Wednesday article and the positions mentioned in the Yahoo chart blog were different to the positions in the actual Hot 100 this week. Anyways, my earlier post has been edited with the changes.

On that note - I like the chorus of "Feel This Moment" but not really the verses, so I'm kind of neutral to it. But I'm super happy that it ended up kicking out "Love Me"!

EDIT: Never mind, Billboard's just a mess and they posted their actual charts wrong. They've fixed it now, so the original positions I posted yesterday were correct. Now to go edit that previous post AGAIN...
    Last edited by Silent Conversation; 21st March 2013 at 10:25 PM.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

that's too bad. pitbull's songs are so obnoxious that I there are very few of them that I can enjoy, one of them being ”Feel This Moment". it's only Christina's part that I really like because I think it's stupid that he's using the music from one of my favorite 80s songs. but that's what pit bull is: an 80s songs editor with zero rap skills
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature (started by FlameRose)

I love recognizing InuYasha VA's from Megaman NT Warrior and vice-versa

Typhlosion & Gold 4Ever

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    that's too bad. pitbull's songs are so obnoxious that I there are very few of them that I can enjoy, one of them being ”Feel This Moment". it's only Christina's part that I really like because I think it's stupid that he's using the music from one of my favorite 80s songs. but that's what pit bull is: an 80s songs editor with zero rap skills
    Lol he's better then half the other crap out there right now. Also Cristina needs to fix her hair in that video.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I will miss them so much

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Lol he's better then half the other crap out there right now. Also Cristina needs to fix her hair in that video.
    So true, I'm not too fond of him either. His "songs" are just so simple, I don't know if he is trying or what. The same can be said about Will.I.Am, a 5 year old can come up with more complex rhymes. I still like his music though.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 25th March 2013 at 3:11 PM. Reason: iPad sucks.

5. "Stay" - Rihanna (-1)
    -----

Personal comments:

EDIT: Fixed to accomodate for Billboard's mistake
    EDIT2: Fixed AGAIN to go back to what it was before
    I can't stand Harlem Shake XP

#'s 2, 3, and 9 are the only ones I really like or listen to. Pink and Nate make for an amazing pairing, Nate is awesome on his own and Pink, above everything else has an amazing singing voice.

F.U.N. is more my style of listening out of these, I'm mostly into Alt. Rock and Metal.

So will.i.am has a new song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trrKB0jiezE

And it seems like it was designed to be a song that would probably make me vomit just hearing this. If this hit's the top 10 I will probably cut off all my limbs and feed them to a killer whale.
    i hate everything, including happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by parasky View Post

And it seems like it was designed to be a song that would probably make me vomit just hearing this. If this hit's the top 10 I will probably cut off all my limbs and feed them to a killer whale.
    What the actual **** did I just listen to??

And don't worry, Beiber means auto top ten lol.

My ears my ears, Bieberrrrr *gag*, now I'll have to sterilize my ears and eyes.

5. "Stay" - Rihanna (-1)
    -----
    Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, and Pink? Feels like Y2K all over again, only ones missing are Eminem, Destiny's Child and JLo :s

Friend Code X: 1977 0173 5858 Friend Code White: 4212 4353 3277

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    My ears my ears, Bieberrrrr *gag*, now I'll have to sterilize my ears and eyes.
    But there wasn't a video lol.

If he was anymore auto tuned he could be a robot.

Quote Originally Posted by swedefish View Post
    Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, and Pink? Feels like Y2K all over again, only ones missing are Eminem, Destiny's Child and JLo :s
    oh my goodness, I did not realize all these old artists in the top 10 until you mentioned it. lol childhood memories flashing before my eyes. that's pretty interesting that they can remain somewhat relevant a decade after their peak. but it's ironic that they're all trumped by a viral video hit

p.s. I love your sig lol
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature (started by FlameRose)

Typhlosion & Gold 4Ever

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    oh my goodness, I did not realize all these old artists in the top 10 until you mentioned it. lol childhood memories flashing before my eyes. that's pretty interesting that they can remain somewhat relevant a decade after their peak. but it's ironic that they're all trumped by a viral video hit

p.s. I love your sig lol
    I know, right? I must say that I have always preferred Xtina and Britney to the others, but these two songs are just horrible. The Pitbull/Chrisitna song is listenable but simply pathetic, and the william/Britney song is just an abomination--I can't bare listening to it. Never thought I'd say I prefer a Pink song, but in this case I truly do, lol.

The sig is not mine, but I don't know who made it so I can't give credit.

Friend Code X: 1977 0173 5858 Friend Code White: 4212 4353 3277

I had heard a bit of this before you posted the link here, but I couldn't even finish it. Firstly, will.i.am + Justin Bieber = a collaboration destined for doom from the start. While I didn't like S&S at first, I kinda grew to enjoy it because at least it's a fun song. This song just sounds horrible in every way, and yet it also seems like it's trying to sound serious and it's coming off as super obnoxious. So this song is really just a turn-off for me no matter which way you look at it. I really hope it flops.

I've seen quite a few comments around the Internet about how the Hot 100 right now is reflecting the early 2000s. It's kind of funny to see the circles that music popularity goes through.

In some random other news that I thought might be worth mentioning, the newest song by Ariana Grande, who is a Nickoldeon star on the TV series "Victorious", is currently at #1 on US iTunes. This is actually pretty shocking to me, because I used to think that only Disney stars could actually sell their music, but it looks like Nick is upping its game.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

In some random other news that I thought might be worth mentioning, the newest song by Ariana Grande, who is a Nickoldeon star on the TV series "Victorious", is currently at #1 on US iTunes. This is actually pretty shocking to me, because I used to think that only Disney stars could actually sell their music, but it looks like Nick is upping its game.
    in the 5 episodes of that show that I've seen little sibling problems Ariana is the best singer of the show, despite not being the star. it's about time she gets some recognition

EDIT: SO MADONNA IS A BILLIONAIRE NOW! I didn't even know she had this kind of money to begin with, but she made (I believe) $300 million from her tour sorry I can't convert to Ł. so I would say that's extremely impressive for someone in her line of work, considering that most billionaires are computer savvy like Zuckerberg and Gates, or they own every business like Trump. but great for her; it's a real testament to her worldwide influence for the past 20+ years
    Last edited by flamebeam; 27th March 2013 at 11:08 AM.

Typhlosion & Gold 4Ever

Here's the Top 10 for the Hot 100 coming out tomorrow (dated April 6th):

1. "Thrift Shop" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz (+1) (5th week @ #1!)
    2. "Harlem Shake" - Baauer (-1)
    3. "Suit & Tie" - Justin Timberlake (+1)
    4. "When I Was Your Man" - Bruno Mars (-1)
    5. "Stay" - Rihanna (=)
    6. "Just Give Me A Reason" - P!nk ft. Nate Ruess (+3)
    7. "Started From The Bottom" - Drake (-1)
    8. "Feel This Moment" - Pitbull ft. Christina Aguilera (+3)
    9. "Love Me" - Lil Wayne (+1)
    10. "I Knew You Were Trouble." - Taylor Swift (-3)
    --------
    13. "Mirrors" - Justin Timberlake (+12)
    26. "22" - Taylor Swift (+38)

Personal comments:
    -YES!!! "Thrift Shop" is back to #1 like it deserves to be! Admittedly I'm still a little disappointed that it only returned to the top now, considering S&T or WIWYM will likely take the top spot as early as next week, but either way I'm super happy it got another week at #1, it's been destroying records everywhere and this slightly makes up for the 5 weeks on top that it got robbed from (although I'm still mad about that)
    -Now that HS has lost the #1 spot, I hope it begins free falling. It's started to plummet on iTunes this week, so now its ever decreasing streaming number is literally all that it has left
    -Yay for JGMAR continuing to climb! It's #1 on the Digital Songs chart this week, so congrats to P!nk for her 3rd #1 on that chart and Nate for his 2nd!
    -I really hope "22" pulls a "C'Mon" and flops. Taylor Swift has released a lot of boring sounding, childish songs in the past, but this one might take the cake as the biggest one (then again... WANEGBT...)
    -Now that Feel This Moment is actually in the Top 10 this week after that mixup last week, I can officially say I'm happy it's here, it has an awesomely catchy chorus/hook
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

"Thrift Shop" returns to #1 this week! YAY! FINALLY "Harlem Shake" falls down :smile:

Aww, Britney, Xtina, and JT won't be together in the top 10 at the same time.

**** "Love Me" and "Started from the Bottom" those pieces of crap need to fall already, who listens to THAT, Oh I know, those white kids..

Finally Thrift Shop rains supreme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also can someone tell Justin to gtfo -_-...

Yay, an equally fad and mediocre song is number one! WOOHOO!

Pokémon X Team

Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast