Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: The Walking Dead: Season 5

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,920

    Default The Walking Dead: Season 5

    So season five of TWD started on Sunday; what are your thoughts on the premiere and hopes for the season in general?

    I was personally really impressed by the premiere; seeing Carol take action by infiltrating Terminus was amazing and I loved seeing Rick and his group fight back. I expected more from Gareth though and I hope that his story isn't finished yet. Also, poor Sam. I'm glad that Morgan has returned as well.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Inside of a Pokéball
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    So season five of TWD started on Sunday; what are your thoughts on the premiere and hopes for the season in general?

    I was personally really impressed by the premiere; seeing Carol take action by infiltrating Terminus was amazing and I loved seeing Rick and his group fight back. I expected more from Gareth though and I hope that his story isn't finished yet. Also, poor Sam. I'm glad that Morgan has returned as well.
    Yea it was pretty good. Glad it started off so strongly. Hoping it can continue throughout the entire season. Carol was kick butt, Rick did well with the group too.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.



    Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    In a hole~
    Posts
    22

    Default

    It was soooo gory. The swinging of the bat and the throat cut was so gruesome. It was highly enjoyable though. Tyresse annoys the hell out of me though.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    HomeTown Buffet
    Posts
    851

    Default

    What a way to open up the new season with a bang. Didn't knew Carol had it in her, a freakin bad ***.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,920

    Default

    Man, the newest episode was brutal at the end. Seeing Gareth's group eating Bob's leg was sick, and it looked like that Martin guy was still alive. Anyway, that Father Gabriel guy was acting suspicious and although I liked seeing Rick's group together, I felt that more should've happened. At least Beth's kidnapper's car was seen by Daryl and Carol.
    Last edited by Lorde; 20th October 2014 at 6:57 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    In a hole~
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I almost cried a tear when I saw Bob had a leg missing. It's only two episodes into season 5 and things have been developing pretty quickly. Seems like it will be a busy season for Rick's group. I'm just glad he's showing signs of being a true leader then when he went missing after Laurie died.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    87

    Default

    I was slightly disturbed by that scene at the end of the last episode, lol. Poor Bob. I don't know what's gonna become of him, he's pretty much dead weight even if he does get rescued. Daryl and Carol going after the car with Beth in it was unexpected as hell, curious what's gonna become of that. Overall, just so much that happened in one episode.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Anyone else think that Bob might have been bitten underwater which is why he was so distraught. If so the irony might be that by eating his leg, Terminus saved his life while dooming theirs. Bob is dead either way. And I don't trust Father Gabriel one bit. And Morgan is still waiting in the wings.

    Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark/Legendary Master View Post
    Anyone else think that Bob might have been bitten underwater which is why he was so distraught. If so the irony might be that by eating his leg, Terminus saved his life while dooming theirs. Bob is dead either way. And I don't trust Father Gabriel one bit. And Morgan is still waiting in the wings.
    Yea, I was thinking that he was bitten as well. I can't think of any other reason he would have acted the way he did.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark/Legendary Master View Post
    Anyone else think that Bob might have been bitten underwater which is why he was so distraught. If so the irony might be that by eating his leg, Terminus saved his life while dooming theirs. Bob is dead either way. And I don't trust Father Gabriel one bit. And Morgan is still waiting in the wings.
    Well...

    In the comics, another character named Dale (Who died earlier on in this show) escaped Terminus around the same time and got bit a second time, then was captured by the Hunters. As soon as they learn he was infected, they throw up all the food and shout "Tainted Meat!". But....

        Spoiler:- Comic Spoilers:


    But I get the feeling they're going to show us what happens to those who eat infected meat on the show; they had eaten most of his leg before he got the chance to tell them, and the next episode should start the day after, so they'll have digested the meat by then. Should be fun lol.

    Oh and Father Gabriel IS hiding something, but something that isn't that big compared to everything else.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!


    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,920

    Default

    Yeah I figured that Bob was bitten or scratched by a walker at the food bank and that he was crying because he knew he was going to die from the infection. Also, scenes featuring Beth were leaked a few days ago. They were eventually removed IIRC, but they spoiled a few future events.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    In a hole~
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kumiho View Post
    I was slightly disturbed by that scene at the end of the last episode, lol. Poor Bob. I don't know what's gonna become of him, he's pretty much dead weight even if he does get rescued. Daryl and Carol going after the car with Beth in it was unexpected as hell, curious what's gonna become of that. Overall, just so much that happened in one episode.
    Well, Hershal(sp?) lost a leg and he did pretty well. Just depends how much protection he'll receive from Rick and the others and how much he's willing to live.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    Well, Hershal(sp?) lost a leg and he did pretty well. Just depends how much protection he'll receive from Rick and the others and how much he's willing to live.
    Well that didn't turn out the way we expected.
    Thank God Terminus is dead and finally we get some Beth next week.

    Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,920

    Default

    I was glad that the Hunters at least gave Bob back after finding out about him being tainted; at least he got to speak with Sasha. I liked seeing Rick's brutality by killing Gareth like that. It was intense and I'm just mad that the group split up again near the end. But Daryl's back, so yay I guess.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    600

    Default

    This episode was pretty good. I might be the only one out of the bunch, but I think the hunters should of at least been around until episode 5
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    87

    Default

    RIP Bob. When Rick and the others killed the Gareth and his guys like that, all I could say was "Damn". We about to see what's been the deal with Beth next episode, excellent.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,920

    Default

    I'm glad that Beth's whereabouts will finally be revealed. I think I understand the gist of what was going on in the preview, and it's funny how it sort of mirrors the first episode.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    290

    Default

    BOB!!

    the end of last season and start of this has been brutal so far, another really good episode too, Bob taunting them after they ate him was quality. Also glad i didn't stop watching during season 3 when it got boring to watch during some of the episodes.. Yay for Daryl being back with the main cast again, he's just too awesome, as was his "archer" tag!

    Interested to hear what's been going on with beth.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Inside of a Pokéball
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    BOB!!

    the end of last season and start of this has been brutal so far, another really good episode too, Bob taunting them after they ate him was quality. Also glad i didn't stop watching during season 3 when it got boring to watch during some of the episodes.. Yay for Daryl being back with the main cast again, he's just too awesome, as was his "archer" tag!

    Interested to hear what's been going on with beth.
    Yea it was sad . RIP Bob.

    It's been a really brutal start so far, as for Beth... hopefully them finding her won't tear them apart again.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.



    Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •