Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: POP music thread: Iggy Azalea now owns this thread

Britney Leaves The XF: i was actually surprised to hear this, considering that i also thought she was a great mentor. i know some people (like silent conversation) say she didn't do anything and they don't care, and i agree that she didn't offer any input as a judge - in fact, i thought she was the worst judge - but, unless they faked it in the videos before each performance, Britney was the one choosing songs. for example, she chose ALAYLM for carly rose, which carly thought was a crazy bad idea, but it worked so well. so if anything, Britney knows what makes a good show (if she was actually the one calling the shots). plus, i think she'd be more successful as a judge instead of an artist because, let's face it, she's already hit her high point as an artist

i also think this is bad for the xf that they can't keep a consistent panel. at this rate, even though i love the show, i don't see it lasting much longer

Beyonce: yay come back to us! one of my favorite things about her is that she's only like 32 so she still has many years to be divalicious

Justin Timberlake: you mean he still sings? i thought he stopped that after his acting career skyrocketed. i just don't see a successful return for him. but i would like something similar to "what goes around"

THE VERY FEW THINGS I CAN SAY ABOUT THE GRAMMY'S (I SHOULDN'T EVEN BOTHER)

Record of the Year: meh. i can see why these songs were chosen, but i didn't really get into these artists. I guess I'm rooting for kelly because her song is motivational, the lyrics are pretty strong, and her voice is killer. WANEGBT is the one that surprises me; that's probably my least favorite t.swift single

Album of the Year: No comment; I'm not much of an album-purchaser, nor am i all in all a listener to any of these albums. oh well, sue me

Song of the Year: idrc who wins, as long as it's not carly. i guess I'm officially the last person who can't stand that song and cannot understand why everyone (including the Grammy's) loves it

Best New Artist: Frank Ocean for me, as my vote and prediction

Conquest: A Fan Fiction

Credit to Brutaka

C'mon is a great song

I like the video too I guess, but Ke$ha just looks so different to me. I don't think she's fat at all, I actually think she's very pretty, but it looks like her body shape or something has changed. Like look at the Blah Blah Blah video and compare it to C'mon... like how does that happen?

i seem to only pop in for mediocre-level news, but what the hell...

Adele won a Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song. for those who really can't figure it out, it was for "skyfall," which is featured in the movie "skyfall". i personally agree with this because i think skyfall is very well written and adele has great control in the song. people call her overrated; i call her talented

Credit to Brutaka

I guess Justin Timberlake's single came out, and I'm not liking it so far (I couldn't even listen to it all the way through lmfao)

In other news, Neon Hitch released an EP today. You can listen to it hereeeeeeee. I think it's really good.

Here's the Top 10 for the Hot 100 coming out tomorrow (dated January 26th):

1. "Locked Out Of Heaven" - Bruno Mars (=) (6th week @ #1!)
    2. "Thrift Shop" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz (+3)
    3. "Ho Hey" - The Lumineers (+1)
    4. "I Knew You Were Trouble." - Taylor Swift (-1)
    5. "Diamonds" - Rihanna (-3)
    6. "Scream & Shout" - will.i.am ft. Britney Spears (+2)
    7. "Don't You Worry Child" - Swedish House Mafia ft. John Martin (+4)
    8. "Beauty And A Beat" - Justin Bieber ft. Nicki Minaj (-1)
    9. "Home" - Phillip Phillips (-3)
    10. "I Cry" - Flo Rida (=)

-LOOH is getting more and more boring every week it spends at #1. Please leave
    -Oh my god, Thrift Shop could be #1 as early as next week!! So excited for this to begin its epic reign!!
    -Ho Hey is following Pumped Up Kicks and Some Nights with its multiple weeks peaking at #3... will all good alternative songs have this fate?
    -Poor Taylor, her label was so stupid not to put IKYWT up for streaming, she could have had a multi-week #1 by now
    -I'm liking S&S the more I listen to it, so I'm all for its climb this week
    -Not really a huge fan of Don't You Worry Child, but it's kind of nice, so congrats to SMH on their first Top 10!
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

2013 is a great year for music in general. Personally, I can't wait for Gaga's ARTPOP. (not pop, but I can't wait for Paramore's new album either). But yeah ARTPOP is going to SLAY.

Rumored songs include:
    -ARTPOP
    -RATCHET
    -Burqa (tweeted by Gaga as **rq*)
    -Tea

CAN'T WAIT

First Playthrough: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    Here's the Top 10 for the Hot 100 coming out tomorrow (dated January 26th):

1. "Locked Out Of Heaven" - Bruno Mars (=) (6th week @ #1!)

yeah, okay, I guess, maybe, possibly, LOOH could've perchance overstayed its welcome at #1... maybe

2. "Thrift Shop" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz (+3)
    i guess this is the next #1. keep forgetting about its existence, so no comment for now

3. "Ho Hey" - The Lumineers (+1)
    the song i thought would be the next #1. oh well

4. "I Knew You Were Trouble." - Taylor Swift (-1)
    it's funny; I'm pretty sure the title of this song is exactly what bradley cooper was thinking

5. "Diamonds" - Rihanna (-3)
    why is LOOH #1 and this is #5? the margin shouldn't be that huge, i.e. people, specifically girls, need to hop off bruno mars. no, you are NOT the girl he is referring to in his song

6. "Scream & Shout" - will.i.am ft. Britney Spears (+2)
    because it feels like will.i.am didn't do s**t when making this song, i cannot get into it. it could not be more indifferent for me

7. "Don't You Worry Child" - Swedish House Mafia ft. John Martin (+4)
    this song just gives me an easy feeling. i hope it continues to rise

8. "Beauty And A Beat" - Justin Bieber ft. Nicki Minaj (-1)
    9. "Home" - Phillip Phillips (-3)
    10. "I Cry" - Flo Rida (=)
    i expect these all to be gone next week. well, maybe not bieber, and nicki's idol gig might even boost the song's popularity. it's kind of grown on me, so idc. my tolerance of justin bieber has really risen since carly rose's rendition of "as long as you love me"

Credit to Brutaka

I'm puzzled. Why does the perfectly functional thread in a sub section that has it's own rules about continual use of genre based threads, need to be remade? The metal thread has been going since 2008 and is still perfectly fine, As was the old pop one. In fact it was more than fine, it had activity up until a couple of days before closure. I know I didn't really contribute to it, but it doesn't make the remaking of the thread any less puzzling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    I'm puzzled. Why does the perfectly functional thread in a sub section that has it's own rules about continual use of genre based threads, need to be remade? The metal thread has been going since 2008 and is still perfectly fine, As was the old pop one. In fact it was more than fine, it had activity up until a couple of days before closure. I know I didn't really contribute to it, but it doesn't make the remaking of the thread any less puzzling.
    i was wondering the same thing, but i didn't say anything because I've only been in this forum for 6 months so i just assumed renewing threads was a regular thing around here

Credit to Brutaka

My favorite voice from the past three years has to be Adele, I had her first album and thought it was very good, but what she has become over the past 2 years is amazing.

Mother Monster and Britney are tied for my favorite Pop Divas of all time.

Someone better change the title before this thread sinks like Lotus

Think of it as rearranging the furniture. It's just so things don't get stale. It has been done several times in the past, and 2013 was a good year to remake the thread. New year after the 2012 apocalypse and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Popboi View Post
    Someone better change the title before this thread sinks like Lotus
    ahahahaha, love it.
    [03:16] <kesha> youre a 10 baby

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

That still doesn't make sense to me though, to use your furnature analogy, it's like throwing a table away and then buying exactly the same one later that day. There's absolutely no difference between this thread and the last, and given genres are ever evolving topics of discussion, a point highlighted with genre threads being exempt from the no bumping after x amount of days rule, there's never not something to discuss, and the very nature of the thread accomodates people dipping in and out. It just seems a lot of effort to go to for no logical reason. Unless I'm missing something, are there any benefits to duplicating the thread?

That still doesn't make sense to me though, to use your furnature analogy, it's like throwing a table away and then buying exactly the same one later that day. There's absolutely no difference between this thread and the last, and given genres are ever evolving topics of discussion, a point highlighted with genre threads being exempt from the no bumping after x amount of days rule, there's never not something to discuss, and the very nature of the thread accomodates people dipping in and out. It just seems a lot of effort to go to for no logical reason. Unless I'm missing something, are there any benefits to duplicating the thread?
    Please re-read this Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    Think of it as rearranging the furniture. It's just so things don't get stale. It has been done several times in the past, and 2013 was a good year to remake the thread.
    Kreis clearly said re-arrange. Even though the previous thread was ditched, the Pop threads refer to Pop music of the current year, and new music has many opinions on it, after seeing the posts concerning songs by Lady GaGa in 2011. We will be bringing up old songs in our arguments and referrences for our posts (thus the old furniture for your analogy, HH, but it's just rearranged).

Moving on to Pop Music, I'm really liking Nobody's Business by Rihanna. I can't stop walking to its beat. I almost caught myself twirling once during its playtime on my iPod (received lots of questioned looks ). Even though I don't like the combo, it's just too good of a song to refuse.
    What are your opinions on Rihanna's album Unapologetic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes
    What I like about the Mega Evolution line is how consistently ridiculously over the top they are. I mean just from what we have: Leather Dom Houndoom, Haute Couture Banette, Debutante Gardevoir, Alternative Circuit Party Angel Absol, L'Oreal model Ampharos, Ivan Ooze Aerodactyl, Sashimi Gyarados, Tweaker Raged Pinsir, Ghandi Alakazam... I could go on but you get the gist.

I anxiously await Fierce Drag Queen Jynx.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbean View Post
    Coro coro magazine proud to reveal all new never before seen mega evolutions of latios and latias (exclusive to japan)

I think its suppose to be like spring cleaning just making every thing fresh again. I only posted two times in the old thread so it doesnt bother me that there is a new one

@ GenosectArceus -- I also really like Nobodys Business by Rihanna because it has a nice beat I dont like CB but I liked Rihannas vocals also heard Stay and Pour it up r the new singles. I dont like them too much but I really wanna see the music videos for the 2 songs

Like ke$ha said, it's just to keep the thread fresh. That's all there is to it. There wasn't a lot of effort put into making this thread, either. 5 minutes, tops. I'm very sorry that having threads being remade troubles you.
    :u

Anyway, go back to discussing pop music.

Talking about Ke$ha I hope that either Crazy Kids or Supernatural get released after C'mon, she needs a big hit ASAP.

My girl Kelly Clarkson just blew everyone away at the president's inauguration:

And Beyonce didn't disappoint either:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-DSF...layer_embedded

i don't need to watch the video because i saw it live #obama #ObnoxiousTwitterReferencing

someone not as lazy as me should also post Beyonce's amazing rendition of the national anthem. i felt hints of whitney's memorable version in this one, specifically the falsetto at "land of the free", which she could've done even higher pitched but i guess she refrained herself to avoid taking away from Obama's celebration, and the way she broke down "of the brave" at the end. kelly did good, too

Credit to Brutaka

I included Beyonce's video in my post, too. For some reason vBulletin doesn't let you show two videos at once, so I had just included Bey's video as a link.

My girl Kelly Clarkson just blew everyone away at the president's inauguration:

And Beyonce didn't disappoint either:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-DSF...layer_embedded
    I love how Kelly never disappoints with her vocals.

I included Beyonce's video in my post, too. For some reason vBulletin doesn't let you show two videos at once, so I had just included Bey's video as a link.
    yeah, i also learned that the hard way once, but I'll do it for you

and because i love Beyonce

Credit to Brutaka

Considering we refer to it so often, I thought it would be worth mentioning that this Saturday, Billboard is revamping its website to give it a slicker design and a bunch of new features, most notably the ability to directly play songs from the chart through streaming services, or just play an entire chart as a playlist. There will also be a fan rating system and much more detailed artist pages, including a Top 100 artist timeline. So for chart-obsessed people like me or people who love seeing the stats of the artists they love, this should be a really nice upgrade.

Beyonce's performance of the anthem was nice. I've never really thought too much of her, but I like her quite a bit and this did nothing to change that. But oh my god, Kelly was phenomenal... totally surpassed my expectations.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Beyonce was of course good, but I was far from blown away. But I agree, Kelly....OMG Kelly just blew that song out of the water. Beautiful and amazing.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

According to CNN Beyoncé lipped her performance

Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast