Thread: Pokémon FML Moments

Default Pokémon FML Moments

We have all had those moments while playing Pokémon where we stop and say "You've got to be kidding me." An instance that reminds me of this is when a rare wild pokémon faints from poison or a recoil move after you've tried 5+ pokéballs on it.

I myself have lived through too many of these moments and I figure it's time to just laugh at them.

If you have any FML moments while playing any kind of Pokémon, feel free to share! Here's hoping for a lot of laughs!

- Once on a trip, my friend and I were playing our Platinum versions. He had a bunch of rare pokémon on his version that he wanted to trade to my fairly new game so he could restart his game and keep his good pokémon. Among these good pokémon were a bunch of legendaries but the most valuable was a naturally ocurring, shiny, lvl 5, ADAMENT-natured, Magikarp. While on the trip, I lost my Platinum version and thus ALL of his great pokémon. FH+ML.

- One day I traded one of my rare Pokémon for an Aerodactyl through GTS Negotiations and felt accomplished. Later, I went to Twist Mountain and the fossil man gave me an Old Amber. FML.
    (I won't lie though, ^that one was my fault)

- When I was introducing my 6 year old cousin to pokémon, we started by battling each other in Pokémon Stadium. One of the matches was close and I decided to use selfdestruct in order to eliminate each of our pokémon while keeping it even. On the turn that I was about to use it, my cousin switched his Pokémon "by accident" to a Gengar. My selfdestruct killed me and didn't touch him. My last Pokémon was a Machoke with only fighting and normal moves. FML.

I feel like there are a lot more but I want to hear yours first!

• I was Audino training my Pawniard and I ran into a Shelmet. At first, I tried to rune but I couldn't escape. All of my attacking moves weren't effective against Shelmet, so I switched to Magnezone. I still couldn't escape because my Magnezone was paralyzed earlier because I ran into an Emolga! I got so mad that instead of trying to run away, I wanted to get rid of the Shelmet! I kept using Charge Beam against Shelmet (It was my only good Electric move at the time, my other attacking move was Flash Cannon) and it kept missing! So, I used an Ultra Ball to catch it to get rid of it, but the Shelmet came out of the ball instantly! It didn't even budge! I got so mad I turned off the game.

• A long time ago, I caught a Wurmple on my Sapphire game. I was going to heal it at the Pokémon Center, and Nurse Joy said that it had Pokérus. I was only a kid back then, and I thought Pokérus was a glitch that would ruin your game. I got really, really scared that I turned off the game! Only years later did I realize how stupid I was at that time, now I don't really feel that bad because I've gotten Pokérus multiple times now and I always spread it to my other Pokémon.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Master Ball fail. I didn't even know it could happen until it did. I'm still leery of those things.
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

Not to long ago, I was playing Sapphire, solely to get to the battle frontier. (I forgot it was only in emerald). So I spend all my time playing and finally make it to the elite four. Get to the champion and on the last move to finish it all off, I drop my nintendo. Game crashes have to restart. Do it all again and go to where the "battle frontier" is supposed to be. As soon as I saw that it wasn't there I turned off the game.

In ruby I ran into a shiny Zubat. I then realized I did not have any pokeballs to catch it with. My brother laughed out loud when he looked it up and learned it was a shiny. I just facepalmed at my own stupidity. And ever since then, I've always had pokeballs with me, and got a shiny Klink and Diglett
    3DS FC: 4597 - 0384 - 5442

If you add me, PM me with your friend code and I'll add you.
    Friend Safari: Grass; has Oddish, Ivysaur and Quilladin

In the Celestial Tower, there was battle involving a Clefairy, so I started off easy on it. Then it started using Cosmic Power and Minimize making it impossible to kill. It also had Stored Power meaning, it dealt massive damage to each of my pokemon. It managed to wipe out my whole team except for Ampharos with Red health. I raged.
    1st X run:

Near the beginning of Emerald, I was having trouble in the game, so I got help from my Groudon in Ruby, and my brother's Kyogre from Emerald. However, I got mad because the legendaries would not do what I wanted them to do (I later realized that was because I didn't have enough badges), so I started a new file. I forgot to take Kyogre and Groudon out, and when I realized I had destroyed them for good, I raged for weeks, over the "death" of the Groudon I had treasured so much, and in the knowledge that my brother would kill me when he found out I had lost his Kyogre.
    3DS FC: 4597 - 0384 - 5442

If you add me, PM me with your friend code and I'll add you.
    Friend Safari: Grass; has Oddish, Ivysaur and Quilladin

Forgetting to save my game after playing for like 4 hours straight.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon