Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 83

Thread: Do you think Kotetsu should have appeared earlier?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,663

    Default Do you think Kotetsu should have appeared earlier?

    As we know Kotetsu appeared very late into the series, but has rather powerful Pokemon ( Samurott, Hydreigon, and Riolu for example). Do you think having him appear earlier in the series would have been a better idea to see his team develop, or do you think his late inclusion was a good idea?

  2. #2

    Default

    Well, thats not it for me though, maybe if he was shown smarter and actually knew things like brining his sixth Pokemon to a 6 V.S 6 battle, than I might not mind as bad as I do now.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,518

    Default

    Honestly, I couldn't have handled the BS that comes with his character, for any longer than we've had to already.. I think I would've had a little breakdown by now..

    But if introducing him earlier would've prevented a lot of the BS, then yeah sure.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    4,312

    Default

    Nope, he's a ritchie clone and ritchie also appeared late :P
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig


    Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,813

    Default

    no not really. as much as i like kotetsu i think if he was introduced early it would just ruined his character alot of stuff would be overused and not as funny..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    On Smashboards
    Posts
    599

    Default

    I don't think Cameron should of appeared at all.He was a waste of space.Three Rivals(maybe Virgil) was enough

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,318

    Default

    I would like it because I enjoy the character.

    If the battle was as badly written as it was now, it doesn't matter if he appeared in the first episode or now, they took it to far with the stupidity in this battle but I do like the character.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    I would've liked him to be in the World Tournament, at least.

    Nope, he's a ritchie clone and ritchie also appeared late :P
    ... he's nothing like Ritchie.

    Ritchie was Ash with a brain.
    Kotetsu is Ash with half his brain.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    I don't think Cameron should of appeared at all.He was a waste of space.Three Rivals(maybe Virgil) was enough
    You say that Cameron is a waste of space but then you mention Virgil who is an even bigger waste of space.

    I don't think Cameron should have appeared earlier. As far as trainers who beat Ash in the league (since it's pretty much confirmed he will beat Ash) I think they introduced at the right time. I don't even see why people are angry about him winning against ash. Sure he acts stupid, but his Pokemon team proves he's a decent trainer. Well he's at least better than freaking Tobias who came out of nowhere with a team of legendaries imo.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Well he's at least better than freaking Tobias who came out of nowhere with a team of legendaries imo.
    Lol no. Tobias was a way better character than this kid.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Do I think.... All I can say is it might not matter as this series will continue on after the Unova League so we have a chance to see more of Cameron.

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I don't even see why people are angry about him winning against ash. Sure he acts stupid, but his Pokemon team proves he's a decent trainer. Well he's at least better than freaking Tobias who came out of nowhere with a team of legendaries imo.
    I agree. Some people are saying Ash possibly losing to Cameron would be worse than his loss against Tobias which I will never understand. We got to know Cameron's character, we were able to judge him because of that, plus he has a stand-out personality. Cameron is dumb and scatterbrained, but he managed to train a well balanced team. While Tobias.... Who the heck is this guy? He comes out of nowhere, owns Legendary Pokémon, is bland in personality..... Tobias was the worst idea the writers had to make Ash lose in a Pokémon League (he just felt like a last minute add in). I will take Ash losing to somebody he bonded with (a best friend rival) who thought a full battle requires five Pokémon over the poor excuse that was Tobias any day.

    Of course people who don't like Cameron won't be happy if he defeats Ash, but really- the situation in the last episode doesn't even compare to Tobias.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 4th January 2013 at 4:36 PM.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

    Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    Lol no. Tobias was a way better character than this kid.
    Are you joking? Tobias' only purpose was to defeat Ash. He came out of nowhere with a completely overpowered team. He had very little screentime before ash fought him. And like Raptor already said, he had a very bland personality. Cameron actually has personality. Tobias by himself ruined the sinnoh League for me because it was such bull.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,500

    Default

    It's not the timing, it's the intelligence level. Barry got a Roserade, Staraptor and Empoleon like halfway through DP and he was still painted as one of the weakest recurring trainers.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    I agree. Heck people are saying Ash possibly losing to Cameron would be worse than his loss against Tobias which I will never understand.
    It could be that Kotetsu is dumb, and Tobias was a powerful trainer since he had at least two legendary pokemon.


    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    While Tobias... Who the heck is this guy? He comes out of nowhere, owns Legendary Pokémon, is bland in personality...
    If I remember correctly, Tobias was introduced as a mysterious character. Coming out of nowhere is part of the mystery.

    Why is it serious characters are said to have a bland/no personality?



  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rovian View Post
    If I remember correctly, Tobias was introduced as a mysterious character.
    No. He was introduced as a one-note God Mode Stu and a way of not letting Ash win the League.

    I mean, in Johto and Hoenn, the people he lost to and the battles were acceptable (even if Hoenn's was rather stupid). But this guy is given legendaries. LEGENDARIES. When other characters had legendaries, it was acceptable. Why? Because we're told more about how they got them (like how Noland was merely friends with Articuno and didn't own it). With Tobias, you're supposed to accept that this guy found a Darkrai and a Latios, no questions asked. And as a result, he makes Ash and all the other trainers look pathetic.
    Last edited by Spin Attaxx; 4th January 2013 at 5:12 PM.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    I'd choose Tobias over Cameron any day. At least against Tobias it was a great battle. We got to see how Ash would do against Uber Pokemon like Darkrai and Latios. Cameron just makes my blood boil when I think about it

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,790

    Default

    That's exactly what it makes him special. He's funny and lost everywhere (seven badges, 5 Pokémons, late on the Junior Cup, etc.), and these qualities are making him more attractive.
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    Lol no. Tobias was a way better character than this kid.
    WTF? how was a character that did nothing and we know nothing about is better then Kotetsu, haha you people are so ignorant.

    Takuto even out of the league only rivals/winners was the one with less exposure and showed no personality traits almost, how can you say a character with 0 development is better then anything that has actually been shown frequemtly?

    Takuto isn't better then any character, he is like a CotD but for a league figth.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Iris' vagina
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    That's exactly what it makes him special. He's funny and lost everywhere (seven badges, 5 Pokémons, late on the Junior Cup, etc.), and these qualities are making him more attractive.
    God help Kotetsu if he somehow wins the league, he'll probably forget to battle the elite four and Alder D:

    The quicker this kid gets diagnosed as dyspraxic the better, because his clumsiness will kill him sooner or later.

    Kotetsu logic- "I'm going to sleep underwater with a duvet of cement to keep me warm! Yay!"

    Lucario and his other pokes need to get the **** away from this guy because he's going to put their lives in serious danger one day. D:

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Hyperbolic Time Chamber
    Posts
    318

    Default

    If cameron was introduced earlier we would get to know his character more.
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

    Pokemon Black Version 2

    I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    Lol no. Tobias was a way better character than this kid.
    Tobias wasn't even a character. He was just a cheap plot device created in order to kick Ash out of the League quickly.

    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    WTF? how was a character that did nothing and we know nothing about is better then Kotetsu, haha you people are so ignorant.

    Takuto even out of the league only rivals/winners was the one with less exposure and showed no personality traits almost, how can you say a character with 0 development is better then anything that has actually been shown frequemtly?

    Takuto isn't better then any character, he is like a CotD but for a league figth.
    Because he was serious, and serious characters in anime like this are awesome. I don't care for personality in Pokemon Anime, it's not like even somebody has one there. Everything is becoming overused (Ash losing leagues, Cilan's Tasting References, Iris' "Kodomo ne", TR Blasting off.)

    Yes, he is better than a kid we're not even going to see again after 5th gen. In Sinnoh, Ash lost to a serious, experienced teenager (Same as Johto).

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Tobias wasn't even a character. He was just a cheap plot device created in order to kick Ash out of the League quickly.
    If there wasn't 5th gen announced, writers would make Ash win. Tell thanks to Best Wishes for kicking Ash out of the League, not a character. If Pokemon was ever supposed to end, Sinnoh would be the best ending for it (And i still treat Unova Anime arc as an one, big filler.)
    Last edited by Nightstar1994; 4th January 2013 at 6:13 PM.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Hyperbolic Time Chamber
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    Because he was serious, and serious characters in anime like this are awesome. I don't care for personality in Pokemon Anime, it's not like even somebody has one there. Everything is becoming overused (Ash losing leagues, Cilan's Tasting References, Iris' "Kodomo ne", TR Blasting off.)

    Yes, he is better than a kid we're not even going to see again after 5th gen. In Sinnoh, Ash lost to a serious, experienced teenager (Same as Johto).



    If there wasn't 5th gen announced, writers would make Ash win. Tell thanks to Best Wishes for kicking Ash out of the League, not a character.
    That is the most idiotic answer ever.
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

    Pokemon Black Version 2

    I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPokemon inc. View Post
    That is the most idiotic answer ever.
    There is no need to offend someone only because he likes a character.

    ---

    About the thread's question, I honestly would have preferred to see the writers focus more on the existing rivals (Trip, Bianca and Stephan) instead of introducing new last-minute additions (Cameron and Virgil). Probably the battle would result less cheap if we saw Cameron earlier, but that's an "if" situation and as such we'll never know for sure how it would have been handled.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Hyperbolic Time Chamber
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    There is no need to offend someone only because he likes a character.

    ---

    About the thread's question, I honestly would have preferred to see the writers focus more on the existing rivals (Trip, Bianca and Stephan) instead of introducing new last-minute additions (Cameron and Virgil). Probably the battle would result less cheap if we saw Cameron earlier, but that's an "if" situation and as such we'll never know for sure how it would have been handled.
    I don't mean to be offensive but really blaming best wishes for why he lost the sinnoh league. That sounds really stupid.
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

    Pokemon Black Version 2

    I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •