Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 83

Thread: Do you think Kotetsu should have appeared earlier?

  1. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    Because he was serious, and serious characters in anime like this are awesome.
    Serious =/= Awesome or likable. Shadow the Hedgehog is a shining example.

    Yes, he is better than a kid we're not even going to see again after 5th gen. In Sinnoh, Ash lost to a serious, experienced teenager (Same as Johto).
    Who we never heard of until the League. And Johto didn't have the guy pull legendaries out of his ***.

    If there wasn't 5th gen announced, writers would make Ash win. Tell thanks to Best Wishes for kicking Ash out of the League, not a character. If Pokemon was ever supposed to end, Sinnoh would be the best ending for it (And i still treat Unova Anime arc as an one, big filler.)
    Hahahahahaha no
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPokemon inc. View Post
    I don't mean to be offensive but really blaming best wishes for why he lost the sinnoh league. That sounds really stupid.
    I think that Ash would have still lost, even if the BW series wasn't in the corner. Probably the way of losing would have been less "cheap" (and as such not being curbstomped by Legendaries), but he would still have lost somehow. It's not really BW's fault, more a fault with the timing.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  3. #28
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    If there wasn't 5th gen announced, writers would make Ash win. Tell thanks to Best Wishes for kicking Ash out of the League, not a character. If Pokemon was ever supposed to end, Sinnoh would be the best ending for it (And i still treat Unova Anime arc as an one, big filler.)
    That doesn't change the fact that Tobias is just a plot device, and I really think you shouldn't blame Best Wishes for existing. Ash wouldn't win, because everyone knew there would be a 5th Gen, just like we know there will be a 6th one. You're the one who shouldn't have fooled yourself by thinking Sinnoh would be the end.

    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPokemon inc. View Post
    I don't mean to be offensive but really blaming best wishes for why he lost the sinnoh league. That sounds really stupid.
    Best Wishes was pretty obviously the reason why we saw Ash and Paul get pushed back to the Quarters and a Latios come out of nowhere in the Semi's, no-one can deny that.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Hyperbolic Time Chamber
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Best Wishes was pretty obviously the reason why we saw Ash and Paul get pushed back to the Quarters and a Latios come out of nowhere in the Semi's, no-one can deny that.
    Umm I'm not sure if you are joking or not.
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

    Pokemon Black Version 2

    I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPokemon inc. View Post
    Umm I'm not sure if you are joking or not.
    I'm being serious. It was fairly obvious from the start that there were big plans for the league and the final opening reassured this.

    I'd say that Tobias was planned all along, having a decent team that simply started with Darkrai wiping out almost half of Team Ash. Then Ash would've had to play catch up and end the battle with Lucario vs Pikachu. But then Black and White were announced, which meant things had to change. They needed to wipe out Ash in a single episode, so that they could wrap up everyone else's story in the next two and start Best Wishes.. I'd say that's why a random Latios was included and that's why everything after that was rushed, meaning we didn't even get a lab episode.

    Sure this is all heavy speculation on mine and many others parts, but we have a basis for it.. You can tell from the way it was written that there were big plans for Sinnoh all along, until Black and White came.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  7. #32
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    There is no need to offend someone only because he likes a character.
    Hes not being offensive, if something is idiotic and you call it by the name you aren't offending anyone, though Shiny will probably get a warning because thats how we "roll" here.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPokemon inc. View Post
    Umm I'm not sure if you are joking or not.
    He isn't.

    Still Shiny we can't bame the Sinnoh league ending that way because of Best Wishes, its because of Black and White and its the writers fault anyway for making a shitload of fillers instead of saving them for the league, then Gamefreak tells them the new gen comes out and they have to speed it up and we aren't sure about that, because we don't know how far Gamefreak tells them, so they could have planned it better I'm sure.

    Basicly your blaming the writers for screwing the writers for screwing the writers.

    Oh and Shiny there are actually a lot of people here that say that no they didn't rush anything in the league and it was all planned, Locormus for instance.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Not really. Him and Riolu would have taken a lot of screen time from other characters if he came in early.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Hyperbolic Time Chamber
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I'm being serious. It was fairly obvious from the start that there were big plans for the league and the final opening reassured this.

    I'd say that Tobias was planned all along, having a decent team that simply started with Darkrai wiping out almost half of Team Ash. Then Ash would've had to play catch up and end the battle with Lucario vs Pikachu. But then Black and White were announced, which meant things had to change. They needed to wipe out Ash in a single episode, so that they could wrap up everyone else's story in the next two and start Best Wishes.. I'd say that's why a random Latios was included and that's why everything after that was rushed, meaning we didn't even get a lab episode.

    Sure this is all heavy speculation on mine and many others parts, but we have a basis for it.. You can tell from the way it was written that there were big plans for Sinnoh all along, until Black and White came.
    I always wondered why there was pikachu vs lucario in the intro. Anyways you might be right but to me it sounds a little weird but I respect your opinion.
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

    Pokemon Black Version 2

    I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Not really. Him and Riolu would have taken a lot of screen time from other characters if he came in early.
    Like who, Iris? That's the only character that would have really suffered more than normal.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Like who, Iris? That's the only character that would have really suffered more than normal.
    Bianca would have suffered because she would have had to share the goofy rival status with him.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,977

    Default

    Funny how 7 years ago people feared that Morrisson would beat Ash in the league.

    Who knew 7 years later we'd get one only this time he'd actually win?
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 4th January 2013 at 9:40 PM.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Bianca would have suffered because she would have had to share the goofy rival status with him.
    She didin't even show up pre league after the clubsplosion. I doubt they would have introduced Camo that early anyways.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    She didin't even show up pre league after the clubsplosion. I doubt they would have introduced Camo that early anyways.
    Oh, how early are we talking? I thought we meant if he was here for the first Don Battle Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Funny how 7 years ago people feared that Morrisson would beat Ash in the league.

    Who knew 7 years later we'd get a Morrisson redux only this time he'd actually win?
    Tyson made a better Hoenn League winner than Morrison but what would have been the big deal if Morrison beat Ash?

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,497

    Default

    That early >.<?

    Even then Bianca could still have her Zorua Gag and he could just be replaced with a random COTD. There are also fillers dotted throughout Unova that could be wiped for him.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    That early >.<?

    Even then Bianca could still have her Zorua Gag and he could just be replaced with a random COTD. There are also fillers dotted throughout Unova that could be wiped for him.
    Yeah, there's no way Ash would have had 4 major rivals during the Don Battle and Clubsplosion. But even if the guy was introduced right after the Clubsplosion, I don't think it would make a difference. The fact of the matter is people don't like him for his stupidity.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPokemon inc. View Post
    I always wondered why there was pikachu vs lucario in the intro. Anyways you might be right but to me it sounds a little weird but I respect your opinion.
    I've just thought from the moment we saw Kotetsu with Riolu, that they were making up for Sinnoh's lost opportunity. Like "If we couldn't have Pikachu vs Lucario last league, we'll have it in this one!"..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Does anyone on here actually think Cameron is better than Sir Aaron, Riley or Maylene? I'm curious if anyone actually thinks Cameron will be remembered as the best Lucario trainer on the show.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Hyperbolic Time Chamber
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Does anyone on here actually think Cameron is better than Sir Aaron, Riley or Maylene? I'm curious if anyone actually thinks Cameron will be remembered as the best Lucario trainer on the show.
    To the younger kids yes to the older fans no. but I think cameron is a pretty good lucario trainer judging by the trailer.
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

    Pokemon Black Version 2

    I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPokemon inc. View Post
    To the younger kids yes to the older fans no. but I think cameron is a pretty good lucario trainer judging by the trailer.
    I'd rather say that Cameron is a good Riolu trainer, since he got Lucario during a match. Sir Aaron, Riley and Maylen probably (almost surely) had Lucario for much longer compared to Cameron and as such can be considered "official" Lucario trainers.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Kotetsu is ok, writers made him control his Hydreigon perfectly and his Lucario is a beast (because of the preview)

    He managed to take on Ash full team with just 3 pokemon since Swanna and Ferrothorn were out just to give Pikachu and Pignite cheap wins.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

    [CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

  22. #47
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I've just thought from the moment we saw Kotetsu with Riolu, that they were making up for Sinnoh's lost opportunity. Like "If we couldn't have Pikachu vs Lucario last league, we'll have it in this one!"..
    I'm not sure about that, then the other battles in the opening would also have happened.

    Kotetsu and Rioulo just like Virgil and Eevee were introduced with this pokemon for the reasons we all know and there really isn't much to speculate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Does anyone on here actually think Cameron is better than Sir Aaron, Riley or Maylene? I'm curious if anyone actually thinks Cameron will be remembered as the best Lucario trainer on the show.
    He seems to be pretty good with Rioulo atleast, better as in what? as a character?

    I like him more then all of those but thats just me.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Speaking of Lucario? When did Lucario become such a huge fan favorite Pokémon? Was it ever since the Diamond and Pearl games came out? Or did Movie 8 make Lucario popular?

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Speaking of Lucario? When did Lucario become such a huge fan favorite Pokémon? Was it ever since the Diamond and Pearl games came out? Or did Movie 8 make Lucario popular?
    I think it was during the Movie 8, when it was considered a new Legendary and (IIRC) its dual typing was considered unique and cool (along with its Egyptian origins and its mastery of aura). Then they found out that it had a pre-evo, Riolu, and the Legendary status died, but by then it had cemented itself as a fan favorite.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    I think it was during the Movie 8, when it was considered a new Legendary and (IIRC) its dual typing was considered unique and cool (along with its Egyptian origins and its mastery of aura). Then they found out that it had a pre-evo, Riolu, and the Legendary status died, but by then it had cemented itself as a fan favorite.
    I wonder if most fan favorite Pokémon get more popular by the anime. I mean Pikachu is obviously a case of a Pokémon who became a fan favorite because of the anime. But what about Charizard and Mewtwo?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •