Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Kotetsu should have appeared earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I wonder if most fan favorite Pokémon get more popular by the anime. I mean Pikachu is obviously a case of a Pokémon who became a fan favorite because of the anime. But what about Charizard and Mewtwo?
    My bets:

Charizard: probably because it's a fire-breathing dragon (and kids love dragons), because it was the mascotte of Red, because in the anime was portrayed as powerful. Also, the Charizard card of the first set is heavily requested and a favorite (it was the first card to deal 100 damage, basically destroying any Pokemon card at the time).
    Mewtwo: unique and powerful, probably became famous thanks to the movie
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

If Kotetsu appeared earlier, he'd be like Bianca except stronger I guess

Speaking of Lucario? When did Lucario become such a huge fan favorite Pokémon? Was it ever since the Diamond and Pearl games came out? Or did Movie 8 make Lucario popular?
    Since it appeared, peopele passed the entire 4gen asking for Satoshi to get one, the entire thing even getting the Auraholics nickname.

Does anyone on here actually think Cameron is better than Sir Aaron, Riley or Maylene? I'm curious if anyone actually thinks Cameron will be remembered as the best Lucario trainer on the show.
    There haven't been many other Lucario trainers on this show, surprising considering how popular it is.

Let me put it this way. To me it wouldn't have mattered when Cameron's debut was; the fact that he's essentially clueless and broke the most important rule of a full battle is what sealed his fate as a bad character imo. He's no longer interesting; he's just an Ash clone with a little bit of Bianca in the mix. He's like Ash and Bianca's son inb4 the fan-fic.

It might have been better for Him to appear sooner, I think i Would have gone crazy if he was introduced earlier with the same personality lasting up until now though.
    KROOKODILE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Serious =/= Awesome or likable. Shadow the Hedgehog is a shining example.
    That's a whole different series, though. And i actually like Shadow. It's actually not that hard if you don't care about Sonic Fandom, Fanarts and Fanfiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    That doesn't change the fact that Tobias is just a plot device, and I really think you shouldn't blame Best Wishes for existing. Ash wouldn't win, because everyone knew there would be a 5th Gen, just like we know there will be a 6th one. You're the one who shouldn't have fooled yourself by thinking Sinnoh would be the end.
    Yes, there could be a 5th Gen with a different Main Character. Did i say 5th gen was never possible? Ash's adventure was at it's top during Sinnoh and that's where it should end.

In Unova, he doesn't even interact with any of the E4 (Bar Alder), unlike in Sinnoh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    Yes, there could be a 5th Gen with a different Main Character. Did i say 5th gen was never possible? Ash's adventure was at it's top during Sinnoh and that's where it should end.

In Unova, he doesn't even interact with any of the E4 (Bar Alder), unlike in Sinnoh.
    It would be wonderful to have a new protagonist, but you should have noticed long ago they won't drop Ash in our lifetime.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    That's a whole different series, though. And i actually like Shadow. It's actually not that hard if you don't care about Sonic Fandom, Fanarts and Fanfiction.
    You may like Shadow, but many, many others hate his guts and want him to get killed off. And I don't care if it's from a different franchise, the point still stands - Tobais isn't a good character; he's a plot device, and a VERY poorly executed one at that.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunglasses Krookodile View Post
    It might have been better for Him to appear sooner, I think i Would have gone crazy if he was introduced earlier with the same personality lasting up until now though.
    It's nothing we haven't dealt with before, this entire show runs off gags quite a bit.

Totally.

Especially when I consider how Trip was handled as a rival. This guy would've been a nicer fit, imo. He's a touch more fun.

That, and personally I'd be more okay with Ash getting kicked out of the tournament if it's by someone with some buildup. Rather than a another kid who shows up when the League journey is near over...
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 4th January 2013 at 11:27 PM.
    ~ Return to Hoenn! ~

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    Totally.
    Especially when I consider how Trip was handled as a rival. This guy would've been a nicer fit, imo. He's a touch more fun.

Well, it's not hard to be better than Trip. :P

Oh, the good old days when I actually liked Cameron (with his introduction episodes.)

I don't think bringing him earlier would have fixed anything. He was essentially the League-insert rival because Virgil shouldn't exist. He also didn't get much development prior to the League, so there was really no need to bring him in earlier. The 5 Pokemon fiasco would also still piss everyone off no matter where he stepped in.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    Well, it's not hard to be better than Trip. :P
    And yet, I still like Trip more than a lot of rivals that have appeared on this show.

And yet, I still like Trip more than a lot of rivals that have appeared on this show.
    HAHA I'm not even a fan of Trip and yet I like him better than Kotestu :P
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    HAHA I'm not even a fan of Trip and yet I like him better than Kotestu :P
    Trip, Burgundy and Georgia are all way better than Cameron.

Trip, Burgundy and Georgia are all way better than Cameron.
    Maybe even Kenny from AG is a better rival than this guy and that says a lot.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Kenny was from DP.

Kenny was from DP.
    Oh crap your rightXD Kenny was my least favorite of D/P rivals, rivals over all and that says a lot.

Kenny and Trip are probably the worst rivals in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    Kenny and Trip are probably the worst rivals in this series.
    I don't know, I think Kotestu took that spot nowXD

if only he got a nosebleed scene XD

It's appalling how weak they made Trip. I mean gary also started out the same day as Ash did but look at how fast he got started catching pokemon and beating gyms .

No. I never liked the guy. So the less I saw him the better I felt now that he is gone.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    if only he got a nosebleed scene XD

It's appalling how weak they made Trip. I mean gary also started out the same day as Ash did but look at how fast he got started catching pokemon and beating gyms .
    Not everyone can be a Gary in life.

Nope. I think he appeared in the right time. They usually introduce the guy who Ash loses to around the time of the league

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast