View Poll Results: Your Favorite Pokemon Anime Series?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original Series (Kanto, OI, Johto)

7 58.33%
  • Advanced Generation Series (Hoenn, BF)

3 25.00%
  • Diamond and Pearl Series (Sinnoh)

3 25.00%
  • Best Wishes/Black and White Series (Unova)

4 33.33%
  • Original Series and Advanced Generation

2 16.67%
  • Original Series and Diamond and Pearl

2 16.67%
  • Original Series and Black and White/Best Wishes

2 16.67%
  • Advanced Generation and Diamond and Pearl

2 16.67%
  • Advanced Generation and Black and White/Best Wishes

2 16.67%
  • Diamond and Pearl and Black and White/Best Wishes

1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Favorite Pokemon Anime Series

Default Favorite Pokemon Anime Series

I was just curious as to what series people have found the most enjoyable thus far for them, and just a few reasons why they do.

Please, no claiming a serious is automatically superior to another, because everyone has different opinions on what they enjoy and it's important to be mindful of those opinions. The Pokemon fanbase really seems to be one that has so many varied opinions and it's interesting to see how each of us have different preferences for the way we feel the anime series is best.

I'll be putting up a poll and you guys can vote and go ahead and tell me what anime series you like the most.

I'll start: I'm at a tie between the Original Series and the Advanced Generation series. I felt the best aspect of these two series was that each member of the main cast was always given a decent amount of screentime overall in comparison to the Diamond and Pearl series as well as the Best Wishes series. Furthermore, I felt that they work well and complement each other, seeming like a fluid transition from Part I to Part II. That kind of continuity is present in Advanced Generation to Diamond and Pearl series, but seems very lost in the transition from DP to BW, as I see it. I also liked the characters introduced in the first two anime series more because their personalities seemed so..distinctive and unique at the time.

It's all subjective, of course, so comment below and tell me what you think!
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

my favorite has to be sinnoh it was when ash was really good and had a great team. he used really good strategy like counter shield and the spin dodge. i really enjoyed the sinnoh league alot. i usually go back and rewatch it cause it was so awesome idk for me i think it will be hard to top sinnoh

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    my favorite has to be sinnoh it was when ash was really good and had a great team. he used really good strategy like counter shield and the spin dodge. i really enjoyed the sinnoh league alot. i usually go back and rewatch it cause it was so awesome idk for me i think it will be hard to top sinnoh
    Nice. Sinnoh is definitely where Ash seems most intelligent so far, and he had developed fairly unique and clever strategies during the DP arc. I felt DP was the most mature and darkest arc so far in the entire series.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Nice. Sinnoh is definitely where Ash seems most intelligent so far and he had developed fairly unique and clever strategies during the DP arc. I felt DP was the most mature and darkest arc so far in the entire series.
    yep i agree i wish they wouldve kept ash like that through unova and maybe it wouldve been a better region.. but no rival can match up to paul >.< closest would be gary imo.

At the moment, it'll be Unova. I like Unova because it feels so new. They also gave Ash a female rival. They gave all these cool tournaments and whatnot. The animations are amazing and so are the Pokemon. I'm looking at you Tsutarja But, I do like the other regions a lot as well.

yep i agree i wish they wouldve kept ash like that through unova and maybe it wouldve been a better region.. but no rival can match up to paul >.< closest would be gary imo.
    Yeah, definitely. Would've helped maintain continuity with Ash's more mature personality developed in AG/DP arcs of the anime. Paul was a very well done rival: I admit, I hate his guts in terms of his personality, but no denying exceptional contrast between Paul and Ash was done by writers there.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    At the moment, it'll be Unova. I like Unova because it feels so new. They also gave Ash a female rival. They gave all these cool tournaments and whatnot. The animations are amazing and so are the Pokemon. I'm looking at you Tsutarja But, I do like the other regions a lot as well.
    The fresh feel of Unova is really nice, for sure. I haven't felt that way about a series since Indigo from OS. The animation is also superb in the BW series, no denying that. Introduction of female rival was also a good idea and a good move by BW.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 4th January 2013 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    wow u maybe one of the few people who really enjoyed unova ^_^ congrats!

Yeah, definitely. Would've helped maintain continuity with Ash's more mature personality developed in AG/DP arcs of the anime. Paul was a very well done rival: I admit, I hate his guts in terms of his personality, but no denying exceptional contrast between Paul and Ash was done by writers there.
    yep i really did not like paul at all for his personality but his battling skills and his rivalry with ash was just way to good >.< also he was the reason ash got a chimchar and i love ashs chimcar/infernape alot

wow u maybe one of the few people who really enjoyed unova ^_^ congrats!

yep i really did not like paul at all for his personality but his battling skills and his rivalry with ash was just way to good >.< also he was the reason ash got a chimchar and i love ashs chimcar/infernape alot
    I actually am one of the few people who liked Unova Saga...until the Unova League. I feel that's the worst part of BW so far. Not because he may have lost to Kotetsu/Cameron (I'm fine with that), but because he ended up actually regressing in League Rank, which is a bit of a downer (Top 8). :/

The rivalry Ash and Paul had was very cool. The Chimchar storyline was very heartwarming to me as well, and the ending to the tale was awesome and seemed to open Paul's eyes to the truth-- Ash and him parted ways on good terms as well.

I actually am one of the few people who liked Unova Saga...until the Unova League. I feel that's the worst part of BW so far. Not because he may have lost to Kotetsu/Cameron (I'm fine with that), but because he ended up actually regressing in League Rank, which is a bit of a downer (Top 8). :/

The rivalry Ash and Paul had was very cool. The Chimchar storyline was very heartwarming to me as well, and the ending to the tale was awesome and seemed to open Paul's eyes to the truth-- Ash and him parted ways on good terms as well.
    i liked how there werent many fillers but it was soo rushed.. really not much training was shown. and ya regressing in the league was pretty dumb...

ya i agree it was done really well and i love how it ended with infernape giving paul a thumbs up showing that he got strong >.<

The beginning, where it all started. If it wasn't for the beginning we might not have even had Pokemon. I'm old school XD but I have such a big connection to the original anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZdzY9TGu1c

Every Pokemon fan needs to know that song...

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniss View Post
    The beginning, where it all started. If it wasn't for the beginning we might not have even had Pokemon. I'm old school XD but I have such a big connection to the original anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZdzY9TGu1c

Every Pokemon fan needs to know that song...
    Ditto. I'm really old school as well and I loved the original series of the anime. It's one of my favorites: I have a deep connection to it as well.

I like them all actually...If I had to pick it'd have to be the Johto Adventures :3 The cutest and most adorable pokemon were out at that time in my opinion.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/344ckkj.png[/IMG]

The original is one of my favorites. I remember coming home from school and turning on the television and it was on.

The Original series. =]

I did leave your Favorite Character Thread and unstuck the previous one because that one was pretty old and an unwanted poll was attached to it, but that doesn't apply to the Favorite Series thread. So please mind the Sticky threads next time, thanks~

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal