Thread: Friday: Pokémon Announcement + Mystery Dungeon Password

Default Friday: Pokémon Announcement + Mystery Dungeon Password

Serebii.net has just updated with this:

04-01-2013 08:42 GMT / 03:42 EST by Serebii News is in a bit of a slump at the moment, so we're taking this time to enhance various parts of the site. However, news will start coming over the next few days. If you have any ideas for the site, be ...

More...

Wow. This is going to be big. RSE remakes... Gen 6 even... Maybe another crossover (I'm hoping a spectrobes crossover)... The first Mainstream pokemon game... ON 3ds... Gen 3 and 5 starters released world wide... All we know is... it all kicks off on jan 8 2013...

I think the announcement is gonna be a third version of Black and White 2. Think about it. Generation III's order of games was main duo, side duo, third version. And Generation IV's was main duo, third version, side duo. I think Generation V's pattern will be side duo, main duo, third version, if you know what I mean.

I will be very dissapointed if it's an announcement of pokémon grey and/or grey 2. I never played R/S/E, so I hope it is. But a new generation could be more fun!

It must be something huge to have the news released on both the Japanese and he USA websites same day.
    KROOKODILE!!!

It can only be one of two things- R/S remakes or Gen 6. Either one will be very welcome.
    Fiery Oxidation!
    -The spark plug of versatility.
    - Cutest fire type ever!
    ★ Signature was over the maximum height so it was eaten. Read the Sig Rules! Oyeak.
    Hmm, what should I do today? Mow the lawn or cook a casserole?
    Lawnmower, what did I tell you, don't eat the signatures! DIED: May 29, 2009
    Reobtained June 07, 2009- Used against Fantina
    Guys, Ashy Boy knew what he was doing against Morty- Noctowl kicks ghost hiney indefinitely.

I was hoping for Gen. 6 but now....I got a feeling it maybe a download content for Gen. 5 games...

The last time I recall a simultaneous announcement in Japan and US, it was the reveal of Reshiram and Zekrom and the box art for BW (we only knew the game names then).

It will probably be something that big.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    The last time I recall a simultaneous announcement in Japan and US, it was the reveal of Reshiram and Zekrom and the box art for BW.

It will probably be something that big.
    Actually, it was last year announcing B2W2 and showing off Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, if my memory serves correct, but yea, it's going to be something huge.
    Last edited by Lost™; 5th January 2013 at 3:14 AM.

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Yea, you're correct Lit. This is what we got when Black 2 and White 2 were announced. But yes, this is pretty big. The suspense is getting to me.

To c/p something I've posted elsewhere:

Considering that it's from Junichi Masuda himself, there's a huge ticking countdown clock of doom in every region, BW2's been released in Japan for about six months now, all of the legendaries have been released in most of the major Pokemon media, the shiny Genesect movie is supposed to feature two Pokemon that haven't been mentioned yet, pretty much every Pokemon besides a few can be obtained between Gen V carts, add-ons, and events, that thing called a 3DS that GameFreak's had like four years to play with (they were one of the first to receive a dev kit for it)...

Considering all of that, at this point, it's extremely likely that this will be Gen VI. There's a small chance that it could be the last games of Gen V, like an RSE remake/sequel/fourth version/prequel/Theatrhythm, very possibly, but this announcement is definitely nothing less than a full-blown Pokemon RPG.

It's something to be excited for, that's fishizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Yea, you're correct Lit. This is what we got when Black 2 and White 2 were announced. But yes, this is pretty big. The suspense is getting to me.
    Which was only in Japan, not international.

I'm calling for Gen 6! More Eeveeutions please let it be so!!!! ^^
    May the odds be EVER in your favor
    Credit to Eeveelover824 for this sig and credit to RondezView for the pink pikachu
    If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

So excited for gen 6, can't wait!
    Would prefer a whole new region and set of Pokemon than rse remakes.
    Last edited by adamfitz; 5th January 2013 at 10:46 AM.

Remakes or 6th gen. Why not both?!

They just said "Pokémon is evolving in 2013". There is a lot of time to do 2 games in 2013.

Anyway, this can mean:

1- Pokémon will have a new gen
    2- Pokémon will go into 3DS

Maybe we are going to get a remake in DS and at the end of the year 6th gen at 3DS? Or maybe the remakes will be in 3DS? What if we dont get remakes at all?

But I dont think we are going to get a new gen that fast.
    HG BADGE QUEST

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OTHER SHINIES (not counting gifts)

I doubt Gen 6 would be released so soon. Maybe R/S/E remake or some kind of Pokemon Black 1 & 2-esque combo game. If Gen 6 is announced... Game Freak will have officially rustled our jimmies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokénaut View Post
    I doubt Gen 6 would be released so soon. Maybe R/S/E remake or some kind of Pokemon Black 1 & 2-esque combo game. If Gen 6 is announced... Game Freak will have officially rustled our jimmies.
    I agree with Pokénaut and all the other people who have said similar things; I suspect that if new games are to be released, they are likely to be remakes. Probably of R/S/E, since they are due for remakes. Although it could be something else entirely, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is something completely unexpected. I'm really looking forward to this announcement...I wonder what it is? I can't wait!!!

My Predictions: Possibly a Gen 6 for the 3DS, that's why its such a big announcement because the next Gen is being released so early but it also can mean added to the fact that it maybe the final Gen they will create. That Pokemon, the main games and the anime maybe ending. Unfortunately lots of things in the world don't last forever. They maybe going out on a high note instead of a fizzled out one. (BUT I AM HOPING I AM WRONG ABOUT THE SECOND PART) Or it could be the Ruby/Sapphire remakes. I'll definitely welcome both.

My Other Predictions: It could also just be some blown out of proportion-type news like just a Meloetta download, or 1 of those sequels to those other Pokemon games I don't play like another Mystery Dungeon, Pokepark, Rumble Blast or another Conquest. I'll definitely be disappointed if its 1 of those.

My Hopes: That it's either a new gen, R/S remake or a New Pokemon 3D Battle Game for the Wii U, where all the Pokemon have been redesigned and are all in HD with out of this world animation moves, better announcer and more variety. That's why it took them 6 years to make another one. Seeing as Battle Revolution was awful to me.
    3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    My Predictions: Possibly a Gen 6 for the 3DS, that's why its such a big announcement because the next Gen is being released so early but it also can mean added to the fact that it maybe the final Gen they will create. That Pokemon, the main games and the anime maybe ending. Unfortunately lots of things in the world don't last forever. They maybe going out on a high note instead of a fizzled out one. (BUT I AM HOPING I AM WRONG ABOUT THE SECOND PART)
    Yea, I hope you are as well. Since they want to evolve the world of Pokemon now, I don't think they'll stop right after taking their next big step.

Yes, since it was said Pokemon will evolve in 2023, I highly doubt its ending.
    Maybe both rse remakes and gen 6
    Maybe one will be on Ds and the other 3ds

Well only 2 days until we see

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

I think its either a new gen, or they have decided to make remakes of Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald... 3 different game remakes.....THAT would be big...

Thoughts?

Was anything ever said about rse remakes?
    It seems more logical to be a new gen, because even the anime seems like its coming to an end in unova

We may be wrong all together, could be somthing completely different?

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Question? The announcement will be made the 8th in japan so with the different time zone in america will be 7th (tomorrow)?

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Yes, since it was said Pokemon will evolve in 2023, I highly doubt its ending.
    Maybe both rse remakes and gen 6
    Maybe one will be on Ds and the other 3ds

Well only 2 days until we see
    maybe it will be both and fyi guys...gen 5 has been around for 3 years, we're due for gen 6 far as I'm conserned

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Question? The announcement will be made the 8th in japan so with the different time zone in america will be 7th (tomorrow)?
    check the site, they announced how the time zones will work (3 am for me >>)
    Last edited by Liz Azzimagica; 7th January 2013 at 5:50 PM.
    May the odds be EVER in your favor
    Credit to Eeveelover824 for this sig and credit to RondezView for the pink pikachu
    If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.