Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should the leaders of the evil organizations have a bigger role in the anime?

Default Should the leaders of the evil organizations have a bigger role in the anime?

This is something I have been thinking of for awhile. Usually the way Pokémon works is that the leaders of the evil organizations (Giovanni, Archie, Maxie, and Cyrus) are usually behind the scenes and really only show up at the very end of a certain mission but during the build up for it, their head agents and/or commanders do all the hard work. Unless you want to count when Cyrus was acting like a good guy, he didn't get in on the action until the Galactic finale. He was mostly sitting in his chair watching things go down. Archie and Maxie I don't think showed up until the Kyogre and Groudon 2 parter. And Giovanni who was part of an organization that has lasted on the anime for 15 years only showed up for 3 major missions (Mewtwo Returns, the postponed episodes and Operation Tempest). Do we need to see more of the leaders and less of their agents or do you think the show works better this way? If this pattern keeps up, Ghetis may not show up in person until the Episode N finale while Colress and the Plasma Grunts do most of the work. If this how most anime works?

I agree we need to see more if the leaders. So we can understand their reasons for what they want to do. I really hope,we see more of ghetsis this,time around.
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

I like it this way. They are kinda keeping the best for the last.
    I do think however they should get some screentime before their final mission like Cyrus for example.
    Archie and Maxie should have been introduced way before the Groudon and Kyogre two-parter

Having Giovanni appear at the start of BW and briefing on missions was a good way to involve leaders and make missions seem more important to the group.
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Venusaur Master View Post
    Having Giovanni appear at the start of BW and briefing on missions was a good way to involve leaders and make missions seem more important to the group.
    Yeah, it's too bad that after the postponed episodes, we didn't see Giovanni until he showed up for Tempest. What would have been really awesome is if they had Zager report to Giovanni during the episodes building up to Tempest.

As people seem to love pointing out in as jerkish way as possible most of the time Anime=/= games. It's one thing for a game character to single handedly beat Giovanni/Cyrus/Ghetsis. Ash doing it though would be just playing wrong and cheap.

Well, I think it's natural for the big guys to take the back seat and leave the dirty work for the underlings.

It even helps create certain expectations to finally see the big boss in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Archie and Maxie I don't think showed up until the Kyogre and Groudon 2 parter.
    And were handled so poorly I still honestly think they should never have appeared in the anime.
    Last edited by Ver-mont; 4th January 2013 at 9:15 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

I think the current design is good enough, it being a sideplot.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPokemon inc. View Post
    I agree we need to see more if the leaders. So we can understand their reasons for what they want to do. I really hope,we see more of ghetsis this,time around.
    The fact that Ghetis is appearing in Episode 4 of Episode N is a good sign that Ghetis will play a bigger role than most of the evil leaders did. Of course, after Episode N episode 4, there is a chance he might disappear until the end but I hope that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    As people seem to love pointing out in as jerkish way as possible most of the time Anime=/= games. It's one thing for a game character to single handedly beat Giovanni/Cyrus/Ghetsis. Ash doing it though would be just playing wrong and cheap.
    This. What works for a game's story doesn't necessarily work for another medium, like an anime.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    This. What works for a game's story doesn't necessarily work for another medium, like an anime.
    Has Ash ever singlehandedly defeated the leader of an evil organization though? Giovanni has yet to be defeated, Cyrus defeated himself and I don't recall what happened to Archie and Maxie.

They turned good after Kyogre + Groudon stopped rampaging. So yeah, Ash did diddly.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

I think the leaders should stay behind the scenes and act personally only when the mission is truly important. However, it would be better if we could see the admins/grunts contact their leader and inform him/her of any news. It's more "realistic" that way, because the big guys rarely get their hands dirty when there are underlings that can do that.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

What I would very much like is to see their pokemon in battle. Archie, Maxie and Cyrus didn't even own any as far as we know.

They should act like Giovanni did this saga, give orders and only show up at the end Or maybe show up in the middle to make sure some mission goes right or something like that

That's why they're the evil leaders, they watch their team do the dirty job from the shadows and control everything.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    That's why they're the evil leaders, they watch their team do the dirty job from the shadows and control everything.
    I felt like in shows like Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh, they had more of a presence though. Like didn't we see Pegasus, Marik, Myotismon, the Dark Masters, etc. in all the episodes of their arc or a good majority of them. They didn't fight the good people in all of them but they did show them behind the scenes. I would like to see more of that.

They're basically mirroring Real Life. Being the Boss / Supervisor of the mission they do little to contrition to its success besides hand out orders.

As far as day to day operations go it's probably about as interesting as your average day in the office. Just about every Team has been shown to be run like a corporate organization, so your average Evil Team Leader sends their day drinking coffee, answering e-mails, and trying to fight the urge to go to sleep at the desk. We saw something akin to that in the Johto Episode Dues and Don'ts with another Corporate Office member. The glimspes we do get of Giovanni's working life are probably the most interesting things he does in general.

I think their agents have good screen time, but I think we should see the leaders a bit more. I don't like when they appear late in the series.

Ghestis VS Giovonni?
    I think that would happen this year, SPOILER(Maybe...) Ghestis Wins and kills Giovonni to show how Evil Ghestis is!

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    Ghestis VS Giovonni?
    I think that would happen this year, SPOILER(Maybe...) Ghestis Wins and kills Giovonni to show how Evil Ghestis is!
    That would never happen.

A little bit off topic but Hunter J would have had more luck if she aimed to win the Pokemon league or something. She seemed like she was on a different level to Ash and co, now she's sleeping with the Qwilfish ;( such a shame.

Having a talent for Stealing Pokemon doesn't equate into being a Good Trainer.

I wish Giovanni would of had more of a role in all of the other regions since he seems like the main antagonist of the whole show
    Walker Sleepover

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    I wish Giovanni would of had more of a role in all of the other regions since he seems like the main antagonist of the whole show
    He should have at least gotten one 3-parter in each generation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast