Thread: fighting-type fists of fury (FULL 6 pokemon fighting mono-type team)

Default fighting-type fists of fury (FULL 6 pokemon fighting mono-type team)

yesterday I posted a dragon pokemon RMT with two pokemon (all that I had figured out at the time) but I have decided against dragons because all the great one's have a glaring 4x weakness to ice a common type everywhere. But now I'm making a mono-fighting team because there are a lot of good fighting type pokemon out there THIS IS PLAY TESTED AND I HAVE WON 7/11 battles here is a video of one of them and I'm sorry if the descriptions aren't detailed enough

Rosco (M)
    Ability: Justified
    Item: Focus sash
    Nature: Jolly
    EV's 252atk/252Spe/4HP

-Swords Dance
    -Extreme Speed
    -Close Combat
    -Ice Punch/Thunder Punch/Stone Edge/Crunch

His main role just is to set up with Swords Dance then sweep with Extreme Speed because of it's +2 priority it goes before every other priority move and most things that resist it are to slow to out speed it and get KOed by Close Combat allowing it to sweep very well even when at 1 HP

Ernesto (M)
    Ability: Iron Fist
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    EV's: 252HP/252Atk/4Sp.def

-Bulk Up
    -Drain Punch
    -Mach Punch
    -Ice Punch/Thunder Punch

Ol Ernie's role is to tank hits and dish out hits and stall, In one of my battles it OHKOed a Heatran with mach punch after 1 bulk up and defeated an entire team on his own with Drain Punch restoring his health

Terry (Na)
    Item: Choice Scarf
    EV's: 252Atk/252Spe/4Sp.def

-Close Combat
    -Stone Edge
    -X-Scissor
    -Earthquake

Terry is my revenge killer he... revenge kills stuff and he is what i use on electric types he does pretty well he can also be a sweeper sometimes

Troll Ability: Technician
    Item:Focus Sash
    EV's: 252Atk/252Spe/4Def

-Spore
    -Swords Dance
    -Mach Punch
    -Bullet Seed

Troll simply does his name and... troll if he manages to get of 2 swords dances he can sweep with mach punch OHKO most slightly bulky sweepers he works quite well and had quite a few opponents forfeit because of him

Jakie (M)
    Ability: Blaze
    Item: Focus Sash
    Nature: Timid
    EV's: 252Sp.atk/252Spe/4HP

-Nasty Plot
    -Flamethrower
    -Vacuum Wave/Focus Blast
    -Hidden Power (Ice)

OOH MONKEY BOY YOU GOT GOOD SPECIAL KUNG FU!!! as I was making this team I realized I would be walled by defensive behemoths with high defense stats so I needed a special attacker so that is what Jakie does, and he does it quite well especially with HP ice to take out dragon/flying types that try to wall it

Kelly (NA)

Item: Life Orb
    Nature: Timid
    EV's 252Sp.atk/252Spe/4HP

-Hydro Pump
    -Calm Mind
    -Secret Sword
    -HP (grass)

My little keldeo, My little Keldeo! just like Jakie he/she/it is a special attacker Secret Sword works great on blissey and things like it Calm Mind is it's only way to boost it's Sp.Atk but the little boost can make a difference and it allows he/she/it a better chance of surviving special attacks like thunderbolt HP Grass so it doesn't get walled by things like Starmie or Jellicent
    Last edited by Ironfish; 6th January 2013 at 4:15 AM. Reason: post button not preview post button XD
    Steel is the type of science

Just saying, using 3 Focus Sashers should be punishable by death, cause that is pure trolling... Anyways, you lack a reliable revenge-killer. I'd recommend this:

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly - Justified
    252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge
    -Quick Attack
    -Rock Slide

And, since you are using 3 Sashes, you need a spinner. The only fighting type spinners I know of are the Hitmon family. Hitmonlee works great.

Hitmonlee @ Normal Gem
    Jolly - Unburden
    -252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
    -Rapid Spin
    -Foresight
    -Fake Out
    -Hi Jump Kick
    Unburden Hitmonlee is amazing. First, use Fake Out to basically double your Speed. Foresight stops Ghosts from walling/spinblocking you, and Hi Jump Kick is a great STAB.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

I would recommend using Choice Scarf Heracross, cause besides Mach Punch, you dont have a solid way of revenge killing stuff. You also have too many Sashers imo. Sash is fine, but if teh opponent gets Stealth Rocks up, it's worthless, and you don't have a spinner. If you really want to keep the Sashes, use something like Hitmontop, for Rapid Spin, and to actually save ur sashes.

I also question HP Dark on Keledo, since you could easily run HP Electric, or HP Grass, to hit bulky water types (HP Grass is good for Gastro, which can Toxic you and ruin your day, or HP Electric for Gyarados, which walls). They both hit the same things as HP Dark basically, but more
    ayd22: what's it like to use broken items to make up for lackluster skills
    ayd22: yeah your playing great right not
    ayd22: rethink your strategy
    Togoro: get styled upon
    The Pokemon Showdown Little Cup Ladder

I do nothing anymore. Oops
    PASBL

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Just saying, using 3 Focus Sashers should be punishable by death, cause that is pure trolling... Anyways, you lack a reliable revenge-killer. I'd recommend this:

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly - Justified
    252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge
    -Quick Attack
    -Rock Slide

And, since you are using 3 Sashes, you need a spinner. The only fighting type spinners I know of are the Hitmon family. Hitmonlee works great.

Hitmonlee @ Normal Gem
    Jolly - Unburden
    -252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
    -Rapid Spin
    -Foresight
    -Fake Out
    -Hi Jump Kick
    Unburden Hitmonlee is amazing. First, use Fake Out to basically double your Speed. Foresight stops Ghosts from walling/spinblocking you, and Hi Jump Kick is a great STAB.
    who would I replace?
    Quote Originally Posted by KingTorterraXIV View Post
    I would recommend using Choice Scarf Heracross, cause besides Mach Punch, you dont have a solid way of revenge killing stuff. You also have too many Sashers imo. Sash is fine, but if teh opponent gets Stealth Rocks up, it's worthless, and you don't have a spinner. If you really want to keep the Sashes, use something like Hitmontop, for Rapid Spin, and to actually save ur sashes.

I also question HP Dark on Keledo, since you could easily run HP Electric, or HP Grass, to hit bulky water types (HP Grass is good for Gastro, which can Toxic you and ruin your day, or HP Electric for Gyarados, which walls). They both hit the same things as HP Dark basically, but more
    I know I need a spinner but I didn't know of any fighting type ones and I fixed HP on keldeo thanks!
    Last edited by Ironfish; 5th January 2013 at 6:06 AM.

I second Terrakoin and Lee, I'd replace Gallade and.... Something else. Hazards break the Sashes and make it pretty easy to beat them (I rarely even notice them, seeing as they're only really viable on Alakazam or dedicated leads, more of an annoyance than anything.) So you kinda do need the spinner, and Terrakion is the best fighting-type in OU for a reason.

Reason for replacing Gallade is, it's so physically frail. It's OHKOed by so many huge physical threats, virtually every Dragon's Outrage being the most noteworthy. Its Spe isn't great either so you pretty much will be outsped.

Otherwise, solid team but I'm a bit surprised at no Breloom. He's been on every Mono-Fighting team I've yet encountered for Spore.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

Quote Originally Posted by loco1234 View Post
    I second Terrakoin and Lee, I'd replace Gallade and.... Something else. Hazards break the Sashes and make it pretty easy to beat them (I rarely even notice them, seeing as they're only really viable on Alakazam or dedicated leads, more of an annoyance than anything.) So you kinda do need the spinner, and Terrakion is the best fighting-type in OU for a reason.@

Reason for replacing Gallade is, it's so physically frail. It's OHKOed by so many huge physical threats, virtually every Dragon's Outrage being the most noteworthy. Its Spe isn't great either so you pretty much will be outsped.

Otherwise, solid team but I'm a bit surprised at no Breloom. He's been on every Mono-Fighting team I've yet encountered for Spore.
    Yeah I'll replace gallade with terakion and I'll need something with rapid spin but it never really is a problem because people tend not to bother seting up rocks on a mono-fighting
    Last edited by Ironfish; 5th January 2013 at 8:17 PM.

Seeing as Fighting resists Rock, that's understandable but Spikes and T-Spikes are still problematic and many teams do carry them, even in Monotype. I use them whenever possible, they make just about every battle a lot easier.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

just bumping up the thread...