25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Iris

1 4.00%
  • Dento

20 80.00%
  • Both

4 16.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iris or Dento: Who has the best chance of staying for the next generation?

Default Iris or Dento: Who has the best chance of staying for the next generation?

Now that its been announced, lets take some bets people. Some one will be leaving, I think Iris has the best chance in my opinion at this point. Her story is like Misty's in a way, her story arc is pretty much done but left open in a way for her next cameo. What do you guys think?
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

This thread has been done to death, there are OPEN threads about them leaving or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    This thread has been done to death, there are OPEN threads about them leaving or not.
    I just though since a new generation has been confirmed now, it needed a new threadXD
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Cilan. Iris can be dropped and if they end her story well even her fans should be ok with it.

As much as I hate to say this, it'd be Cilan. He's probably going to be the Brock of this generation, and they've always replaced the main girls no matter how popular they were, so I think Iris will be the one to go.

Cilan will stay.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Cilan. Iris can be dropped and if they end her story well even her fans should be ok with it.
    True, true. Iris got tons of screen time and wins and caught powerful Dragon type Pokemon, now all that needs to happen is Axew evolves in the finale episode and she needs to beat her rival in a fair way.

UGH, how many times does this thread need to be made? We have several open threads to discuss this.

Remember guys, Misty was around for TWO generations, same could happen to Iris.

Cilan, since Iris's chance is zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Two generations, same anime series.

Unless Gen VI region is still Best Wishes, you can't compare.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

I hope both leave and we get a non Gym Leader start because they get so much more development when they are not gym leaders if you compare it to the case of dawn

This thread is already in the polls section. Anyway I would say Iris or both actually

I voted for Cilan since he does have a very likely chance to stay, i also think that it is possible for Iris to stay aswell since titles for the pokemon anime series don't mean anything on who get's to stay or leave.

Cilan might stay. I kind of hope not, though. I like him and new characters can be hit-or-miss, but Cilan will get old fast. So it's best to have him leave while people still want him? It's better than beating the dead-Brock.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Misty didn't really have much of a goal, though. I mean, I guess her goal is kind of the same as Iris', but with Water-types, but her traveling isn't going to lead to her goal. Being a Gym Leader will. So Misty is ~on her way. Once Iris becomes a Gym Leader, or is on the path to become a Gym Leader (by going off to train with someone like Lance or another Dragon-type Master), there's no reason to have her there.

I can see Cilan staying but Iris leaving.

They have already mentioned Iris and the Opelucid Gym, so basically BW is pre-BW (game) for her. After BW ends, she'll head to Opelucid City and be the gym leader in training.

Her pokemon are basically all set except for Axew evolving and her getting another baby dragon.

Cilan on the other hand is pretty up in the air. One of my wishes has always been to have him and Burgundy take their exams at the same time. Cilan fails his S-Rank exam but Burgundy passes her B-Rank exam, thus putting them closer in rank. Thus having them both move on to the next region as well. Having Cilan continue traveling with Ash would also go hand in hand with B2W2 plot which has already been hinted at in the anime anyway.

First Cilan leaves the gym to pursue his S-Rank. Then Chili leaves to train and perhaps open the very first Fire Gym in Unova. This leaves Cress alone in the gym. Unless Cress catches a grass type and a fire type, this renders the Trio Badge useless. Not to mention, there already is an official Water Gym in Unova, Humilau Gym.

So Cress could decide to close the gym portion and focus on the restaurant part. Thus leaving Chili and Cilan on their journeys.

I had a crazy wish that if contests made a return, Cilan would be the one to take them up to help his Connoissuer skills and finally get his S-Rank.

The new girl could have something unique where she could travel to someday become a pokemon professor or something.

I mentioned this in the X and Y thread that I think Cilan would suit this region to stay as one of Ash's traveling partners. That and I think story wise with the game and anime, his character is the easiest to keep writing him in as Ash's traveling companion. But we'll see, another part of me thinks both Iris and Cilan will leave and Ash will get new traveling partners. I do hope that there's a chance for Cilan though.

Where is the neither option
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

As far as i know Iris & Cilan roles are both up in the air at the moment. I do hope both Iris & Cilan will be in the 6th generation, because replacing characters after characters is starting to get old real fast.
    Last edited by Pikac; 8th January 2013 at 5:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    I didn't even think of that for some reasonXD Your right though, both could go either way. Ash could be traveling with two all new characters. I guess I'd be fine, I'd sure miss Dento though *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Pikac View Post
    As far as i know Iris & Cilan roles are both up in the air at the moment. I do hope both Iris & Cilan will be in the 6th generation, because replacing characters after characters is starting to get old real fast.
    but iris does seem likely to leave as they have set it up with Draydens offer

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    hear hear

I vote nither

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    but iris does seem likely to leave as they have set it up with Draydens offer
    True. It seem like Iris might leave or she could stay on traveling aswell despite the Gym leader offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikac View Post
    True. It seem like Iris might leave or she could stay on aswell despite the Gym leader offer.
    I don't think thats ever happened before =/
    Pokemon doesn't let people finish goals and still be on the series, when they do or almost they get kicked off, never to be seen again.

Sadly its only matter of time when Iris will end up abandoned and forgotten like previous girls which came before her.
    For usual "eye candy" purposes and because of advertizing. Something for which ironically addition of new characters isn't necessary.

Unfortunate, but unless current formula changes with writers deciding to do different spin by investing more in already popular, established characters you can't expect any different outcome for Iris or any character.

I guess Cilan nould have abit better chance if only because writers don't replace so often male sidekicks like its case with girls. And some could argue how keeping at least one more character beside Ash helps add stability to main cast andmore continuity to pokemon series .

However if writers really aimed for this they would have just kept Brock instead of replacing him after 13 years. So Cilan chances while abit higher don't guarantee that he will necessarily stay in cast for next gen either.

Quote Originally Posted by Manene! View Post
    Misty didn't really have much of a goal, though. I mean, I guess her goal is kind of the same as Iris', but with Water-types, but her traveling isn't going to lead to her goal. Being a Gym Leader will. So Misty is ~on her way. Once Iris becomes a Gym Leader, or is on the path to become a Gym Leader (by going off to train with someone like Lance or another Dragon-type Master), there's no reason to have her there.
    Misty goal was to become strongest or among best water trainers in world reaching E4 level like her idol Lorelei is. However by staying at gym wont help her so much in order to become water master with traveling being required.
    Since she was already gym leader from start when she followed Ash in Kanto leaving it to pursue goal of becoming water master just to be forced to later go back to gym again. If at gym you can become master, Misty wouldn't leave it to pursue her dream in first place.

Her goal as it was showed in original series is similar to Ash requiring traveling,meeting strong trainers,exploring new regions and learn about pokemon in wild along with advancing it through tournaments.
    For same reason Whirl Cup was introduced as one of such competitions where you can gain more experience,make step forward and prove yourself to others being directly connected/stated with water master quest..

Becoming water master requires to achieve E4 level of skill and while you could say how gym can help, its not enough because traveling is necessary to learn things you cant at gym, enter tasks like Whirl Cup showed and become true expert in that field. Like Wallace did for example.
    If anything becoming Lorelei or Wallace apprentice or going on journey trying to become E4 one day would be big step forward.

With Iris on other hand by ending at gym i could see being of greater help to her dragon master career since she would have opportunity to learn from true dragon master himself.
    Although ill readily admitt how we don't know how Drayden became master and earned that title and if there exist evaluators or tests you need to pass.

Not to mention her game counterpart becoming champion in BW2 games and mini role Cynthia played in Iris journey of becoming dragon master, makes me suspect how she might eventually follow path game counterpart went through ending as apprentice working to become champion.
    After all there is another much more skilled dragon trainer which holds champion status(Lance).
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 8th January 2013 at 5:54 PM.

Iris was already set up to leave back in the 8th Gym eps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast