Page 57 of 103 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2560

Thread: The Pokémon Royal Rumble X-2

Oh and Mr.Mime, lean against the tree to relax a bit.

Sandslash copy Mr.Mime and lean on the tree.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Sir DJ View Post
    Oh and Mr.Mime, lean against the tree to relax a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazdar View Post
    Sandslash copy Mr.Mime and lean on the tree.
    There was a miss-type in the reffing. I corrected the method of gaining stamina. I meant simply that you have to be in the tree or leaning on the tree when you use Rest to gain the extra boost in stamina.

You will not gain stamina if you are leaning against the tree and not resting.
    Last edited by Charze; 6th May 2013 at 12:26 AM.
    Friend Safari: Snorunt, Bergmite, Cloyster
    Friend Code: 0860-3745-2173

Credit to Robert

Reuniclus, activate your ability first.
    Use Light Screen to minimise the damage from Icy Wind, Discharge and Surfs.
    If the huge Surf chain happens and Snatch works on Baton Pass, use Snatch on the Baton Pass which is targeting Snorlax.
    If that will not work, but Psychic will redirect the Surfs, use Psychic to redirect as much as you can away from yourself.
    If that will not work either, use Protect through as much Surf as you can.
    If Snatching a Baton Pass puts you in a dangerous spot, use Protect once you are there to avoid the Surfs
    Ever wondered what it's like to battle like Ash? No?
    How about Misty, Paul, Brock, Dawn, anybody from the anime?
    Have a go for yourself in the ASB league! Interested? Of course you are! Here's how you get started!
    PASBL Trainer Level 2

Samurott, go to the third section, and gather 20 acorns if you will.
    Pokemon Omega Ruby DexNavlocke

Badges: 3
    Deaths: 0

If I die in the first reffing AGAIN i am gonna be very upset
    Pokemon Mafia Revelations is here at last

Barack Abomasnow!

If an Earthquake is used, use a Protect.
    Take the Discharge, and the Icy Wind, because you can take it, because your not a hero, you're a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Bark Knight.
    Then if the first surf chain happens, use a Blizzard if it will protect you from the surfs, if not, use an Ice Beam to protect you from the surfs.
    If another surf chain occurs, use a Blizzard if it will protect you from the surfs, if not, use an Ice Beam to protect you from the surfs.
    If for some reason, no surfs happen. Use a Blizzard for shits and giggles.

I heard from a reliable source that the reffing is eligible, so...

ALL THE FIRES SHALL CEASE!
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

This is the filler post octoboy requires.

~Gryoine

Thats a lot Surfs, more like Surfception

Excadrill run to the third section and get just about 20 acorns

I'm sorry I didn't preceding comment. Just stop the attack

In case you didn't read, I called a ceasefire.

I'm working on the reffing right now. I just need to get a few kinks out.

Edit: All right, good you noticed. Reffing is on its way.

The Flamebeam Filler

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

how dare he sleep before posting the reffing
    Pokemon Mafia Revelations is here at last

Anxious, aren't you guys? I was waiting to see what to do with that light screen, and got conflicting responses from DJ and Charze. I went with what Charze said, perhaps because that was my first thought as well, but if someone important tells me I should have listened to DJ, I can change this.

On a fine day as the sun beams down in a nice blue sky, two animals line up at a race track, ready to decide once and for all whether Slow and Steady wins the race. The first competitor, a hare, eagerly gazes down the track, ready to bolt down it and claim well-deserved rights to laugh in his sluggish opponent’s face. The second competitor, a tortoise appears not to move much, but a gleam in its eye reveals more goes in his mind than his decidedly slothful stance suggests. This tortoise’s expression is a hopeful one. This is the day, the stocky testudine’s crooked, beaky half-grin reads. This is the day I prove myself to not only that self-righteous hare, but to the entire forest, that just because I am slow does not mean I am worthless. That hare may have spit in my eye. The whole forest mocked me, pointed fingers, called names. But after this, no more. After this, respect will be mine!

At hearing the blank sounded into the air, both animals take off, the hare with quite a good headstart, being the only one of the two who actually heard the shot. The unfortunately earless tortoise torpidly begins to plod after his opponent after seeing him take off, ready to prove himself and rise above being poky laughingstock of the woods. Will this tortoise, through much labour and toil earn himself recognition in the animal kingdom?

Well, not like this is his story. The focus shifts to twelve particularly bizarre creatures in the audience of the race, among which a crowd brawl appears to have started out. The first to act is an apprehensive musharna, who creates a safeguard (1) around himself. Then, a mean-looking excadrill begins drilling the ground vigorously, creating an earthquake (1) on the sidelines and track! Eelektross hurriedly begins to float in midair above the shockwave, while lickilicky, sandslash, musharna, abomasnow and Mr. mime block from it with protective forcefields (1)(1)(2)(1)(1). Samurott, and reuniclus are swept off their feet by the tremor, while poor blastoise is knocked over and left stuck on its back. The hare gives a look of dismay as it’s jostled about on its racetrack, while the tortoise tenaciously retains its footing, and continues to plod down the track. Slakoth slyly causes itself to light up in a red aura which counters (1) the earthquake, sending it straight back at excadrill!

Elektross attempts to double its chances of getting ahead in the match with a team of illusory clones (1). Unfortunately, a pair of the eel’s rotund normal type nemeses decide to get back at him for being skinnier than they are and wash away the poor knifefish’s hard-earned copies with an icy wind (2) from the pink one, and a surf (1) from the black one. Eelektross takes its enemies face on, discharging (2) its electricity all over the place.

Blastoise and samurott put up protective fields (1)(1), blocking their slippery foe’s electrical onslaught, and brave the breeze brought from lickilicky, while creating a few watery waves of doom of their own (2)(2). Eelektross flashes a screen of light (3) to lessen the damage, while lickilicky tries to roll away from the waves all the way to the old oak, but then decides it can’t escape the wave, and follows up the watery wave with yet another surf (3), and allows itself to get shocked. Barack Abomasnow decides to deal with tsunamis like he would hurricanes, and tries freezing the waves with an ice beam (2). However, the proactive pokémon only manages to create a wall of ice, which slows the waves, but is smashed down by them, only weakening their force a bit.

Slakoth puts up a protective forcefield (2) against snorlax’s surf. The poor sloth is left to get soaked by blastoise and lickilicky’s waves, then shocked into near-oblivion by the discharge. Excadrill also protects himself from snorlax’s surf (2), and while able to absorb the shock, is greeted with more water than it can handle. Sandslash attempts a similar strategy (2), but not only takes a lot of super-effective surfs, but a super effective icy wind to boot. Musharna, being luckily capable of reading minds, sees the surf coming and manages to get to high ground before the waves hit, throwing up a protect (3) for good measure. Eelektross is greeted with some minimized versions of the strikes, as they are weakened by the light screen. Reuniclus tries to create a similar screen, but the screen flickers and vanishes! The poor little blob is forced to laboriously use psychic (1) powers to imitate Jean Grey and keep the water off of itself. To add insult to injury, the shock from the discharge blows its concentration, so some water hits it.

Mr. mime, who has stuffed its ears with cotton by this point, grins wickedly as it baton passes (2) to swap places with the snorlax who started it all, leaving the big guy to try protecting itself from a surf as well as the discharge (2)(3).

EXCADRILL IS OUT OF THE RACES!

Slakoth hangs its head, regretting not being with a caterpie, who couldn’t make it. From its lair, the Vampiric Ghost Skeletal Uber Mr. Mime Caterpie senses the sloth’s feelings, and in return for its appreciation, the spectre sneaks over to the track and possesses snorlax! Now snorlax may only attempt to stave off the possession briefly by using protect again until the Caterpie gets bored and leaves its paunchy body! (3)

Slakoth moves over to the tortoise, and begins to converse with its fellow slow-mover (though not very well, due to the second party, again, having no ears). Samurott meanwhile adjusts its shell, and it and Mr. mime wander over to where lickilicky is and joins the pink pokémon in some nut collecting. Sandslash, after whimpering with pain in a tightly curled ball for a bit, decides to do the same. The tortoise ambles along the track saying goodbye to slakoth, while the hare, disconcerted by getting hit with walls of water and being shocked, manages to regain its composure, and sprint quick enough to put distance between itself and the tortoise, who was steady enough to stay on its feet during the wave. Blastoise wanders down the track alongside its fellow testudine, and collects a rock as it gets to the rocky area in the sidelines of the track.

Barack Abomasnow leaps up from the fall of getting surfed, and gives a rousing cry.

“CAN WE BLIZZARD?!? YES WE CAN!!!”

Barack then answers his cell phone as a ring is heard. Joe Bidoof’s voice is heard in the phone.

“No, we can’t, sir. A surf indeed did happen. And besides, my reports say you have been paralyzed”

Abomasnow gives a look of “oh phooey” as the animals continue down the track, the hare beginning to struggle against a major urge to take a snooze under the comfy shade of the old oak it is passing.

~Participants~
    Abomasnow (Digipoke)
    Blastoise (Grey Walrus)
    Mr. Mime (Sir DJ)
    Samurott (Ruby XIII)
    Musharna (Will-powered Spriter)
    Lickilicky (Grim Heaper)
    Sandslash (Shazdar)
    Reuniclus (Dusknoirdude23)
    Eelektross (flamebeam)
    Slakoth (fongerman)
    Snorlax (WizardTrubbish)

~HP~

1.) Mr. Mime - 100
    2.) Lickilicky – 82
    3.) Blastoise – 64
    3.) Samurott – 64
    4.) Snorlax – 62
    5.) Eelektross – 56
    6.) Musharna – 52
    7.) Abomasnow – 36
    8.) Reuniclus – 32
    9.) Slakoth – 14
    10.) Sandslash – 8

~Stamina~

1.) Abomasnow – 163
    2.) Mr. Mime – 150
    2.) Sandslash – 150
    3.) Samurott - 147
    4.) Musharna – 145
    5.) Eelektross – 143
    6.) Blastoise – 142
    7.) Slakoth – 125
    8.) Snorlax – 124
    --Max--
    9.) Lickilicky – 120
    10.) Reuniclus – 110

~Ranks~

1.) Mr. Mime - 175
    2.) Lickilicky - 142
    3.) Samurott – 137.5
    4.) Blastoise – 135
    5.) Eelektross – 127.5
    6.) Musharna – 124.5
    7.) Snorlax - 124
    8.) Abomasnow – 117.5
    9.) Reuniclus - 87
    10.) Sandslash - 83
    11.) Slakoth - 76

~Status Effects~
    Abomasnow – Paralyzed (5 turns)
    Blastoise -
    Mr. Mime - 20 acorns
    Samurott - 20 acorns
    Musharna – Safeguarded (5 turns)
    Lickilicky - 20 acorns
    Excadrill – DEAD! Oops, wrong game.
    Sandslash – 20 acorns
    Reuniclus -
    Eelektross – Light screened (5 turns)
    Slakoth -
    Snorlax - Encored; can only use protect (4 turns)

~Stat Changes~
    Abomasnow –
    Attack (Total: 0)
    Defense (Total: 0)
    Special Attack (Total: 0)
    Special Defense (Total: 0)
    Speed (Total: --) Paralyzed (-- 5 turns left)

Blastoise –
    Speed (Total: 0)

Mr. Mime –

Samurott –

Musharna –

Lickilicky –

Sandslash –

Reuniclus –

Eelektross –

Slakoth –

Snorlax -

~Ability Bar~
    Abomasnow - Snow Warning
    Blastoise - Torrent
    Mr. Mime - Soundproof
    Samurott - Shell Armor
    Musharna - Telepathy
    Lickilicky - Cloud Nine
    Sandslash - Sand Veil
    Reuniclus - Magic Guard
    Eelektross - Levitate
    Slakoth - Truant
    Snorlax - Immunity

~Announcements~
    1.) If I made a mistake in any way, just tell me and I'll edit this.
    2.) Just a quick reminder of a new rule change: RNG targeting is now banned. You must now select each target to attack opposed to asking the ref to RNG a target.
    3.) Don't try to loophole through any of the stages, because I will get you and I won't allow it.

~Current Stage~
    The Racetrack
    Welcome to the Racetrack. Contestants are in a large green field with a circular dirt road, where there is currently a race going on. There is a tortoise and a hare racing, but there are numerous other forest animals watching the race. The hare is much faster than the tortoise, and the hare will travel 2 sections per reffing opposed to 1 section for the turtle. Since it is a long track, for every section run to or through, you lose 5 stamina (if you use physical attack on someone and you travel, this is negated). Since it is a racetrack, you can only go forward through the sections. There are 6 different sections of the track:

The first section is the starting line, where there is a large crowd there to watch the race around the starting line. The crowd is a number of different forest animals. There is a squirrel salesman who will sell you a novelty tortoise shells or bunny ears once per turn. Everything costs 10 acorns each. Tortoise Shells will increase your Defense and Sp. Defense by 5 each and the bunny ears will increase your speed by 2 (lol, jk. You wish). They actually allow you to run through the course without losing any stamina from travel. You can only wear one of each.

The second section is a rocky section of the track. There are rocks of several sizes and they could maybe be thrown at opponents or used to block attacks. Also, the ground is so rocky, that you cannot Dig in this section of the track.

The third section has a large tree and it is known for being extremely comfortable. So comfortable in fact, that anyone that uses Rest, either while on the tree or when leaning against the tree, will gain 2 stamina per hour. There are also a large number of acorns scattered across the ground, and your Pokemon can pick up as many as 30 acorns if they wish.

The fourth section has a small pond off to the side. You may be able to dive in to avoid certain attacks, but anyone who does go into the water (except for Water Pokemon) has a 1/3 chance of getting stuck in kelp and are unable to dodge the attack they were trying to dodge or move for the rest of the turn. (Anyone staying underwater for long periods of time will lose stamina as if Dive was used)

The fifth section is a straightaway. Nothing here besides the finish line in the distance.

The sixth section is not actually part of the track. But, it is the area in the middle of the track. There is a fence surrounding it and the only way to get here is by you jumping off of the hare as it is running through the section it is in (you cannot Dig or Fly into it or any other move similar to that) There is a ˝ chance you successfully use the hare as a springboard and you can jump over the fence, but also a ˝ chance you jump at the wrong time and the hare runs into you dealing 10HP of damage. Once you are in here, you are safe from all attacks that cannot pass** through the indestructible fence. There is also a basket of berries, and you can take one of them, either a Lum Berry (cures all negative status conditions except Perish Song and Curse), an Oran Berry (Heals 10HP) or a Leppa Berry (Heals 20 stam). At the end of the turn, all Pokemon in section 6 go to the starting line at Section 1.

The tortoise moves slowly through the tracks and you may be able to hide behind him to protect from some attacks. You cannot jump on him to get to Section 6, and if anyone does jump on him, he’ll spin and that Pokemon will fly back to the starting line. (created by Charze)

**The overall decision of what moves go through the da fence are left up to the final decision of the ref. However, I do have some suggested basic guidelines: All-Course Hit moves will likely still hit (Surf, Heat Wave, etc.); Any Physical Attack will not be effective (Quick Attack, Karate Chop); Orbs could potentially be blocked by the fence (Energy Ball, Hidden Power); Beams could potentially only hit if fired accurately (Ice Beam; Hyper Beam). Consulting with the ref is recommended when attacking or defending through the fence.

~Field Effects~
    Abomasnow, Musharna, Reuniclus, Eelektross, Slakoth and Snorlax are in section 1.
    Blastoise is in section 2 with a rock.
    Samurott, Lickilicky, Mr. Mime and Sandslash are in section 3
    The tortoise is in section 2.
    The hare is in section 3.

~Items On Field~
    Lots of Acorns (Section 3)
    Oran Berries, Lum Berries, and Leppa Berries (Section 6)

~Protect Bar~
    Abomasnow - 4
    Blastoise - 4
    Mr. Mime - 4
    Samurott - 4
    Musharna - 3
    Lickilicky - 4
    Sandslash – 3
    Reuniclus - 5
    Eelektross - 5
    Slakoth - 4
    Snorlax - 3

~Referee Comments~
    Abomasnow: Good job being heroic. Unfortunately, it might have helped others more than yourself, as you took at least some damage from everything. I did say that you’d need to fire more than one ice beam, and you wouldn’t have had to worry about two chains of surfs, as the condition for the second one was the original not happening in the first place. Saving stamina gave you some extra you can stall with, but you need to use it wisely. Also, you’ve got a speed disadvantage in the non-speed-boost game. Good luck.
    Blastoise: I don’t know if you realized that that earthquake wouldn’t be ineffective, but while it’s taken a bit out of you, you should be in good shape. Have fun with your rock.
    Samurott: I don’t know if you realized that that earthquake wouldn’t be ineffective, but while it’s taken a bit out of you, you should be in good shape. Have fun with your nuts.
    Mr. Mime: Nice going being Sir Not Taking Damage. It’s put you comfortably in the lead. You might be able to follow in Infernal Blaze’s footsteps as the slipper through the cracks at this rate.
    Musharna: Your ability got you ahead, and will probably continue to do so. Time will tell if that safeguard was a waste of stamina or not, but at least it kept you from being paralyzed like poor old Barack. Extra note here, if you’d said to protect from a surf instead of the first surf, I’d have randomized which surf was blocked, and you might have blocked out the strongest surf, like some others have.
    Lickilicky: You caused a nice bit of mischief with that icy wind, which almost no one tried not to get hit by. You’re in good stead for a win at the rate you’re going.
    Sandslash: Playing as a ground type can be tough in a Rumble. Your main line of defense is useless against a move that’s super effective to you. Still, I’d have done a bit more work to stave off damage. Sure you couldn’t do anything about all those surfs, but you still allowed a super effective icy wind to hit you, which at its strongest, would have done as much damage as a weak neutral surf. You probably ought to try to leave your mark on this match, as staying alive at this rate might not be possible
    Excadrill: Like sandslash, there wasn’t much you could do about that plethora of surfs and the icy wind. I understand that icy wind wouldn’t have been super effective on you like it would sandslash, but your main mistake was letting slakoth counter you. That counter hit hard, and really doomed you.
    Eelektross: I advise you to give the attackdex a once over. A lot more moves don’t miss in a Rumble than in a video game. Maybe irritatingly more, but in any case, that double team proved to be a waste. At least your light screen gave you some protection, and good job managing to give yourself a speed avantage over an opponent in the no-speed-boost round with that discharge.
    Reuniclus: I advise you to give the rules a once over. If a move isn’t bolded in a Rumble, it does nothing. I’m not sure if other refs would interpret that psychic the same way, but I decided to make it work at the cost of heaps of stamina. I’d get to the oak as soon as I can, or it’ll be the Red Ring of Death for you.
    Slakoth: I love your style. Your mischief destroyed one fighter, and hopelessly crippled another. Unfortunately, you took a ton of damage without an immunity like sandslash and excadrill had. It would have been wiser to hide behind the tortoise as a first line of defense, not a later one, as it turned out all the moves posted after yours were in response to it. Hiding at the end proved useless, as the tortoise moved. I hope you pull through in this rumble, I’d like to see what other trouble you cause.
    Snorlax: Looks like you’ve been doomed by a sloth. Not much to say to you but maybe try to take advantage of the stage. Without any moves, it’s about all you can do.

Octo's MEP Award!
    Slakoth is definitely getting this. I am really glad that little guy survived the attack onslaught, because his battle mischief was definitely the spice of the game, deploying moves not used often, but put to lethal use here. Excadrill was brought to its knees after that counter, and now snorlax can’t do much but either empty its protect bar, or let everyone hit it with everything. Sableye approves for sure!

~Final Rankings~
    1.)
    2.)
    3.)
    4.)
    5.)
    6.)
    7.)
    8.)
    9.)
    10.)
    11.)
    12.) Chandelurefan1’s Excadrill (Lickilicky’s surf)

…. A swampert wanders over to the race track.

“Cool, can I play, guys?!?

The Vampiric Ghost Skeletal Uber Mr. Mime Caterpie uses the snorlax body it possessed to pick the swampert up and hurl it out of the arena, never to be seen again.
    Last edited by octoboy; 7th May 2013 at 12:50 AM.

Samurott, make your way to the fourth section.

well, go hard or go offline.
    Elektross, bring Abomasnow to its knees with Acrobatics

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Snorlax, head to section 3 to collect 10 acorns
    Pokemon isn't real, I'm sorry

Musharna, same, head to section 3 and pick up acorns. Except pick up 20 because why not?
    Will-Powered Spriter

Reuniclus, head to section 3 and Rest on the oak tree
    Ever wondered what it's like to battle like Ash? No?
    How about Misty, Paul, Brock, Dawn, anybody from the anime?
    Have a go for yourself in the ASB league! Interested? Of course you are! Here's how you get started!
    PASBL Trainer Level 2

Calling reefing

Barack Abomasnow!

Activate your ability!
    If Elektross attempts to use Acrobatics on you, use Protect!
    And then run/waddle to section 3 and use a Hidden Power - Dark!

Okay then Lickilicky, time to fail safe.

Use the hare as a springboard to get into section 6. If you are successful in landing in the area, eat a Leppa berry to restore stamina.

If you either can't use the hare as a springboard or fail and take damage, then use Rock Smash on Eelektross in section 1 as Abomnasnow protects itself. Then talk to the squirrel salesman and get yourself a Tortoise Shell.

Also, activate your own ability.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Also Lickilicky, if the Hidden Power hits you, counter with your own Hidden Power - Dark
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Samurott, dive into the pond to avoid the Hidden Powers, then leap back out as soon as the chain of Hidden Powers is over.

If this would set you into Dive mode, and you lose 15 stamina or more from the diving, DO NOT DIVE INTO THE WATER.

If Diving in would not save you, or you would lose 15+ stamina by doing this, or all of the above, use Hidden Power Dark to block the hidden powers coming at you.

Page 57 of 103 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast