View Poll Results: Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bulbasaur

23 22.33%
  • Charmander

40 38.83%
  • Squirtle

25 24.27%
  • I've thought about it for at least 5 years and still don't have an answer.

15 14.56%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This old question once again...

I think I have to say Squirtle's line...I'm between Squirtle and Charmander for Stage One, Ivysaur and Wartortle for Stage Two, and I even prefer Charizard over Blastoise for Stage Three, but I think the Water type still wins out.

I voted for Charmander-he was my very first Pokemon, plus i think he's the cutest of all three. Whenever i choose him, i always keep him a Charmander too.

I also like Charmander the most because i always remember the episode 'Charmander-the stray Pokemon'...that episode made me like him and has left a pernament impression on me though i was only 10 when i first saw it...i even cried and i thought 'who in the world could abandon such a loyal and cute pet out in the rain knowing it could die?' it made me rethink a lot of things in life, so Charmander always has a special place in my heart hehe :3

Charmander, then Squirtle, then Bulbasaur. The more I think back, the more I find I loved all three, but Charizard has always been my favorite.

I choose between Squirtle and Charmander because I don't like grass type starters.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

It's Bulbasaur. The most balanced starter from the trio.

Charmander is too much offensive for such a few defensive Pokemon, and Squirtle is such very slow and quite defensive.

My first pick when I went back and played Red was Squirtle (just because my Totodile in Gold did so good for me so I wanted another water type!) but nowadays, when I do Red or FireRed just for s's and g's, I always pick Bulbasaur. He's grown on me. <3
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/o8t7cl.png[/IMG]
    3DS Friendcode: 2895-6496-6721
    Message me with yours!

I, personally, love Charizard more than the other Kanto starters. Sure, he's got an extreme weakness to Stealth Rock, but that doesn't matter to me.

“Nameless... Like me...” - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

Charmander all the way. Fire pokemon are the best.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

Wait, I change my mind. If I got blue I would get squirtle. If red, charmander. If I got the japenese green, bulbasaur.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

Ooh, this is tough. A year ago, I would have said Squirtle hands down. However, Bulbasaur has really grown on me. In the end, I do have to go with my original favorite Pokemon, Squirtle, because Blastoise is definitely cooler than Venasaur. Ooh, but Ivysaur is cooler than Wartortle. Dang. I'm indecisive.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

I'm not sure about better, but I prefer Bulbasaur to the other 2 (evolutions included).
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

Charmander.
    I'm awesome

I started with Squirtle, so..
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG] wow fantastic baby [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG]

I chose Squirtle the most of any starter, and my favorite water starter. I do like Charmander, too. Squirtle beats Charmander by one point in my book. Never been a big fan of grass starter, and it doesn't change for Bulbasaur. My third favorite Grass starter.

charizard may be the worst battle wise but still looks the coolest imo
    Some of my faves:

Now to fill the rest of this space.

Charmander, by far.

Before last year, I only used Squirtle as a starter in Pokemon Blue. He seemed well rounded to me, I liked water Pokemon, plus I always wished I had one when I had to face Brock in Pokemon Yellow when I was younger. I used Bulbasaur as well, but quit with him halfways through (just wasn't thrilled). I picked Charmander one day, being bored out of my mind, and I never regretted it. He evolves into Charizard, one of the strongest and fastest Pokemon of all time. Because of my runthrough with him, he is now tied with Pikachu (my first ever starter) as my all time favorite Pokemon. His stats are epic. Sure, Brock and Misty give him a hard time, but afterwards, it gets easier.

Charmander, plain and simple.
    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Unova Champion

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I would have to say Charmander. I have always chosen fire type starters (except for ruby and Black 2, that's probably why those games sucked for me.)

Charmander all the way!! Always been my favorite ever since I first got to play pokemon red.
    5/7/2011 ---> Shiny 8716 SRs

20/8/2012 ---> Shiny tranquil -> 20 random encounters

12/07/2013 ---> Shiny Rayquaza -> 83 SRs
    15/07/2013 ---> Shiny Groudon -> 851 SRs
    30/07/2013 ---> Shiny Kyogre -> 1529 SRs

3DS Friend Code : 4699-6214-1047
    Safari : jigglypuff, dedenne, flabebe

I like Bulbasaur most by a large margin. It gets Sleep Powder, which is completely boss in the first gen and sometimes in FR/LG. I also like the insta-crit razor leaf in RBY which makes it technically a 110 power move instead of 55. I do not know why Bulbasaur is so unpopular, but it is certainly a favorite of mine.

~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

I really like charmander, and I have a really strong charizard in my leafgreen (I lost the game, sadly). For Nostalgia's sake, I picked Bulbasaur in my red and regret it (I picked bulbasaur when I played pokemon for the first time, when I borrowed my friend's leafgreen). Bulbasaur is terrible. I never use it, because it never comes in handy. That thing really sucks. Charizard is amazing.
    SHINIES:
    LEAFGREEN TEAM:
    FIRERED TEAM:
    NEW SAPPHIRE TEAM:
    NEW EMERALD TEAM:
    EV TRAINED:

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY BOOBER

Squirtle. Not too hard or easy to raise and that's why I like to pick it first over all.
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12