Thread: Help needed please!

Default Help needed please!

So, I have decided to re-arrange my team and decided on what pokemon I should use.
    I might also use this team for Random Match-ups although I am totally green at it (inexperienced).
    Problem?
    I don't know what to do for the move-sets and items!
    And I am not really sure about the IV/EVs, I know what they are but I only know the IVs for two of my pokemon...
    >-<'
    I actually have nearly no idea what I'm talking about!
    I am not good at these thing at all, just tellin'/warnin' ya!
    I got the pokemon so this is what I have come up with-
    Flygon, Milotic, Raikou, Volcarona (or Chandelure), Latios (or a bad natured Latias...), and [insert a pokemon here]
    As you can see, I am missing a pokemon so any suggestions?

So first I decided to use a relatively solid, bulky-ish pokemon.
    So I decided, Oh why not Milotic? I'll use her for the heck of it (actually she's also my fave pokemon too...)
    So in goes my beloved Milotic.

So then I decide for a pokemon that has a type advantage against Milotic.
    I had a choice:either Grass or Electric.
    I wasn't fond of Grass and they were more used as a support and I am not the support type so I chose Electric.
    Now I wanted a pokemon who had good speed unlike my Milotic, and with decent Spe. Att and decided to be Raikou.

Then the whole process started again.
    So then I thought, now what would be good against Raikou?
    So then a sudden thought came to my mind:Flygon. With its relatively high Att and decent speed, it is pretty good but has a huge weakness against Ice types. So there goes my Flygon.

Then I had to think about the Dragon types and Ice types. Dragon was most common, at least that's my opinion, so I found a good pokemon with high Spe Att and okay speed: Latios. Since I had obtained him way later than the other (earlier than my Flygon though) I hadn't really tested out the moves, but eh, we can change that later so I add my Latios in.

And then what to use against the Grass types...the solution is...Volcarona! Ah, the Bug/Fire type that I traded over and over from my replays...It has a high Sp Att and okay speed, however has a major weakness to Flying types but Raikou solves that problem, and it also gets rid of Ice types. But then I realise that Volcarona has tons of weaknesses, so then I have a dilemma. Volcarona or Chandelure?
    Chandelure for nearly everything that Volcarona can hit, and being part Ghost type enables it to not to be hit by powerful Fighting or Normal moves.
    So there comes all the indecisiveness that floods in.
    Which one to pick?!?
    So after moments of agonizing arguements to myself:
        Spoiler:- Decided Pokemon:

And then...I realised that I still had a space for one more.
    Now you're probably thinking: Then why don't you add Chandelure in?
    Simple.
    I don't really like having two of the same types and a type that can almost do the same damage as the other.
    So I need opinions and suggestions of what Pokemon I should put in!
    I was thinking of Hydreigon but then decided it was a bit too risky having too much Dragons in.
    Well if B-Kyurem is allowed...never mind!~

Kazumi (Milotic)
    IVs:
    31/31/31/31/31/x
    Nature: Bold
    Items: Suggestions?
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    Moves:
    .Ice Beam
    .Mirror Coat
    .Recover
    .Surf

Now Kazumi is the rare pokemon that I actually know the IVs of.
    ^-^'
    Her job is to basically, well not sweep but to try to get rid of as many pokemon as she can, using Recover when it gets a bit dangerous.
    With her high Def/Spe Def/HP/Spe Att, she is quite handy to have around but with Electric types that can easily overspeed her, she usually has to use Mirror Coat or switches out.
    Ice Beam to try and knock out any Ground, Flying, Grass and Bug types before they do a bit of damage and Recover to heal up.
    Surf with the STAB benefits, does quite well against others, even with her low Speed, I was considering to change it with Hydro Pump but then decided the 80 (or 85) % chance to hit was still a bit risky so Surf stays for now.
    Recover to heal any HP that she lost when she has the chance to use Recover otherwise just keep on attacking or switch.
    Mirror Coat was one of her egg moves and quite good to have however because of it being only able to reflect back Special based moves, it is a risk to take. Mirror Coat suits her quite fine because of her stats and she is decently bulky as long as she is not hit with a very strong Electric or Grass type move.

RAIKOU (Raikou, isn't that obvious? ^-^')
    Nature: Rash
    Items: Suggestions please
    Ability: Pressure
    Moves:
    .Aura Sphere
    .Thunderbolt
    .Shadow Ball
    .Calm Mind

I chose my Raikou since it was a Electric type that I actually like to use. I considered Magnezone but then decided against it, despite Magneto being an excellent example.
    Calm Mind for set up, allowing Raikou's high Spe Att to go even higher and may enable it to maybe, maybe sweep.
    Thunderbolt over Thunder because of the PP and accuracy, but it still gets the STAB from it allowing decent to good hits.
    Shadow Ball against Ghost and Psychic types and a few others if I have to and Aura Sphere for Ground, Steel, Rock and Normal types.
    I don't really understand why people don't really use Raikou...
    -.-'
    RAIKOU's job is to basically speed around and set up before attempting to sweep which sometimes works.
    And also with its Ability, it works quite well, making the foe use up more PP than supposed to.

Brava (Flygon)
    Nature: Adamant
    IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
    Items: Leftovers, maybe?
    Ability: Levitate
    Moves:
    .Crunch
    .Dig
    .Sandstorm
    .Dragon Claw

This pokemon I haven't finished training, still in his Lv 70s, and is currently using this move-set, will definitely change.
    Crunch for Psychic and Ghost, may allow Spe Def to go down (?).
    Dig for any annoying Electric types or other types if I need to avoid being hit (and being STAB'd)
    Being almost flawless, this Flygon should do okay compared to the rest of the team.
    No idea why there's Sandstorm, any good substitutes? Thinking of replacing it with EQ (Earth Quake since its also STAB'd and a Physical type).
    Dragon Claw to get rid of any Dragon types or a few other types (STAB'D).
    Brava's job is being a sweeper, having high Attack and Speed, it should do good against others-as long as its not Ice. May replace with Outrage.
    Possibly might have Flamethrower although won't be very useful.

Kazan (Volcarona)

Nature: Hardy
    Items: Bug or Flame Plate
    Ability: Flame Body
    Moves:
    .Fly (Not very useful, probably will replace)
    .Quiver Dance
    .Heat Wave
    .Bug Buzz

With her high Spe Att, all her moves are pretty powerful (also due to them being STAB'd).
    Her job is to destroy while setting up a few Quiver Dances, maxing out her Speed and Spe Attack within the fifth-sixth Quiver Dance.
    Heat Wave to get rid Bug, Grass, Ice and Steel types.
    Bug Buzz to try and knock out the Rock and Ground types since their moves are super effective against her.
    Fly will definitely be switched out for something better since it is not very strong.

Aoi (Chandelure)
    Nature: Sassy
    Items: Thinking of putting the Spooky Plate/Flame Plate on...
    Ability: Flame Body
    Moves:
    .Will-O-Wisp
    .Flamethrower
    .Energy Ball (Just in case...)
    .Shadow Ball

Use Will-O-Wisp first, then Flamethrower, gain advantage of the Burn status.
    Aoi's job is (if I am going to add her in my team) is to stall and possibly sweep (with a tiny, tiny chance of sweeping) because of her Spe Att and Speed, her Def/Spe Def is lacking so best to quickly finish the foe off with STAB'd moves.
    Energy Ball in case a Ground/ or Water type came along, otherwise switch out.
    Oh and still Lv 81, so still training.

Sora (Latios)
    Nature:
    Bold
    Items: Since I can't use the Soul Dew, not sure yet
    Ability: Levitate
    Moves:
    .Dragon Pulse
    .Ice Beam
    .Pyschic
    .Surf

Sora is one of my newly obtained pokemon at Lv 81, and currently uses this moveset.
    May change Surf to Energy Ball to counter attack Water and Ground types.
    Dragon Pulse and Ice Beam to knock out Dragon types.
    Oh and I was thinking of adding Dragon Dance to increase the stats temporarily.
    Dragon Pulse>Outrage (possibly)
    And Surf for either Energy Ball or Dragon Dance.
    Pyschic to attack Fighting types or Poison.
    And Surf for general attacks.
    Sora's job is a sweeper since he has very good Spe Att and will increase even higher once he gets Dragon Dance.

And then there's one last pokemon which I need suggestions for please!
    And that's all I can remember...its 12 am here and I'm reaaaaally tired, I'll edit if I forgot something.

Thanks for reading!

Dragon Dance raises Attack, not SAtk. So it will be completely useless to your Latios, who is Special-based.

Replace Fly on Volcarona with Giga Drain.

Flygon
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    ~Fire Punch
    ~Rock Slide/Crunch
    ~Earthquake
    ~Dragon Claw

Alternatively, you can go with Lonely/Naughty/Hasty/Naive Nature, and replace Fire Punch with Flamethrower.
    This set gives it a lot of coverage, as both Fire + Dragon and Rock + Ground has huge coverage. Fire + Dragon + Ground already takes care of everything though, so you can replace Rock Slide with something else, Crunch for example. By the way, Crunch may lowers Def, not SDef.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Dragon Dance raises Attack, not SAtk. So it will be completely useless to your Latios, who is Special-based.

Replace Fly on Volcarona with Giga Drain.

Flygon
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    ~Fire Punch
    ~Rock Slide/Crunch
    ~Earthquake
    ~Dragon Claw

Alternatively, you can go with Lonely/Naughty/Hasty/Naive Nature, and replace Fire Punch with Flamethrower.
    This set gives it a lot of coverage, as both Fire + Dragon and Rock + Ground has huge coverage. Fire + Dragon + Ground already takes care of everything though, so you can replace Rock Slide with something else, Crunch for example. By the way, Crunch may lowers Def, not SDef.
    Oh oops, my bad, thought Dragon Dance raised Spe Att
    XD
    So are Giga Drain, and Fire Punch, tutor moves??

Yes, they're tutor moves.

If you don't have access to B2/W2 tutors, then like I said, you can use Flamethrower instead of Fire Punch, as for Volcarona's Giga Drain, you can use Hurricane instead.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Instead of focusing on the types, give the pokemon diverse movesets and try and alot a space for a defensive pokemon. My team is:

Swampert:
    Item:mystic water
    Torrent
    Rain dance, surf, earthquake, sludge wave

Accelgor:
    Item:big root
    Hydration(pairs with rain dance)
    Giga drain
    Acid spray
    Rest
    Struggle bug

Emboar:
    Item:shuca berry
    Blaze
    Hammer arm
    Scald
    Fire pledge
    Wild charge

Dusknoir:
    Item:leftovers
    Pressure
    Ice punch
    Thunderpunch
    Fire punch
    Shadow punch

Zoroark:
    Item:blackglasses
    Illusion
    Flamethrower
    U-turn
    Low sweep
    Night daze

Bastiodon:
    Item:rocky helmet
    Sturdy
    Iron head
    Magnet rise
    Toxic
    Sandstorm

I made this team and trained it myself, and did extensive research for the movesets. PM me if you need some more advice.
    Last edited by Dragonquester; 27th January 2013 at 3:47 AM.