Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon related pet peeves?

Pet peeve for me is when you rant to your friends about how people want something really unreasonable for a legendary or a shiny and their response is " why not just hack it into your game and call it a day?" or "just hack it"

Kids wanting to battle you with a hack team of shiny legendaries with 9999 hp *happened more frequently on older games*

Willing to make a trade with someone but cant tell me honestly if its hacked/legit or even if it was untrained or mixed ev'ed.

NPC Trainers that spot you when your were certain you sneaked behind him/her or walk into 3 npc trainers looking about and after you defeat one another spots you before you can move or recover.

people d/cing after a victory in wi-fi battles.
    Looking for a Shiny Modest, mild, or Timid
    Other pokemons I want:

My White 2 FC: 0820 3088 5358

Emerald Legendaries.

Groudon's and Kyogre's one hit KO hit every time. Every. Time.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

It really bugs me when Pokemon can't learn moves I would expect them to be able to. Gliscor can't Fly? Forretress can Volt Switch but not U turn? these are just examples on the top of my head :P

GodDamnZilla

My pet peeves:
    The automatic capitalization of every character from Gen III and IV and then Gen V has first character capitalized, making all my imported pokemon from past generations not all the same.
    The fact that NidoranM and NidoranF have their genders in their name, and are technically genderless, and I never understood why the females couldn't breed.
    Two Dittos not being able to breed.
    No VS Seeker in older generations.
    No transfer system from B/W to B2/W2 (they have more to do in B2/W2 than in B/W, it makes me almost regret transferring all my pokes to my White version).

I hate how a lot of the shiny forms are just a very small variation of the original colors like Garchomp. Blue to a very slightly darker blue, are you kidding me? Also, why are so many forms of shinies just shades of green?

Oh and the Roggenrola guy in BW2, 4 Roggenrolas all with sturdy. Fighting him isn't a waste of time at all, I'll just eventually convince myself to believe that.

Help these dragons live, click on them.

You know what grinds my gears...?
    Light type speculation.....nuff said.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Pokemon not being able to learn moves that they look like they should be able-Eelektross and surf, things like that.
    I agree; I have a serious beef with Krookodile not being able to learn something like Dragon Dance. Or poor B-Kyurem not having a nice Ice-Type physical moves outside Ice Shock.

- I'm glad the penalty was introduced for the gts when it comes to D/Cing, but it's especially irritating when you switch off right after saving before exiting, and it penalizes you. Argh.

- New type speculation...as though 16 isn't enough. o3o

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    It really bugs me when Pokemon can't learn moves I would expect them to be able to. Gliscor can't Fly? Forretress can Volt Switch but not U turn? these are just examples on the top of my head :P
    For Gliscor, I can see why at least; they don't technically fly, but glide instead.

I...can't think of a reason for Forretress off the top of my head. That might have to do something with it;s steel-typing,,,or something. :I
    Last edited by Rio!; 14th February 2013 at 7:32 AM.

Caves and other places you cant avoid pokemon encounters without repel...I want to explore without having to fight something every 5 steps dammit!

sand attack and double team...two moves npcs just love to spam

that one pokemon that manages to use endure more than once and just wont die =_=

Audino and emolga always popping up when im trying to find one of the three pan monkeys

And legendaries that actually heal themselves....damn Virizion and giga drain

The fact that the Charmander line will die if it's tail goes out and Rain Dance and Surf don't affect it like that. I was scared when I was little that they could die

Any cave you enter without repels. Can I please move at least two steps without running into random Zubats?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Pkmngen1 View Post
    Look: you know why you guys are so annoyed? Because Pokemon Diamond and Pearl suck. If you want a real pokemon game, play pokemon red, blue and yellow. End of discussion.
    Don't troll. It's uncouth and just not nice.

As far as my Pet Peeve. I have a ton of them. Nidoran Male and Nidoran Female. Why aren't they ONE tree by now? At least the Nidoran themselves.

The biggest one. The Day/Night cycle. I don't play during the day and when I do that's cool. I mostly play at night. Sure I could change my clock, but that is just like cheating. I'd much rather see a day/night cycle that is approximate to the world. Like in Skyrim except slower maybe? Every four hours or something is one full day.

Quote Originally Posted by JettX View Post
    The biggest one. The Day/Night cycle. I don't play during the day and when I do that's cool. I mostly play at night. Sure I could change my clock, but that is just like cheating. I'd much rather see a day/night cycle that is approximate to the world. Like in Skyrim except slower maybe? Every four hours or something is one full day.
    That's a cool idea, but I rather have the Game clock matching with the DS clock. Dunno why I find that nicer.
    And my biggest peeve is when your facing a gym leader and you get their last pokemon to yellow knowing the next move will finish it, and then the leader uses a full restore. That and Ice cave, that place was a pain in the butt when I was younger!
        Spoiler:- Credit:

One of my Pokemon-related pet peeves is that there is no Dark-type Gym. We've had 4 opportunities for one, and still Game Freak has left us waiting. Hopefully this year will put an end to all the waiting.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

OH WAIT HOW DID I FORGET THIS:

"Hey, I've come up with these version exclusive areas! Black City and White Forest!"

"Oh, that's good."

"Yeah, and the less people there are, the more useless it gets!"

"Er... wha-"

"And people go away if you don't talk to or battle them every day!"

"But how-"

"And only local wireless from the other version will bring them back!"

"But what if you don't have friends near you who play Pokémon, let alone the other version? And what if you want to take a long break from Pokémon?"

"Ah, who gives a crap?"

At least B2/W2 did it right later and got rid of that nonsense.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

My big pet peeve that I've always hated:

The fact that they removed Toggled running shoes and Pokemon following you (which they added in HG/SS) from Gen 5 games. ESPECIALLY Togged Running Shoes. I loved not having to hold down the button the entire time by making the default movement running. Why would they get rid of that?
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Pet Peeve: When I walk slowly by a Trainer and it still looks at me!

This is outside of the games, but it is related to Pokémon. Gijinka and terrible fan art. lol, It annoys me.
    << Move your eyes in this direction to experience cuteness beyond comprehension. Thank you for your cooperation.

If you have any complaints or concerns, please report them to my psychiatrist.

Accuracy drops. If it drops once and you try to attack, a miss. More and more accuracy drops and you always miss. It's aggravating.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

When I'm training and a Zubat attacks me and makes my pokemon hit themselves!
    My HG team:

Emerald shiny hunting... I got a Beldum by some miracle, but Groudon's a whole other story.

I remember reading somewhere that when you catch a Pokemon in a Poke ball, it will always obey you no matter what. The flying frack? Just because a magical sphere traps you doesn't mean you have to listen to the person who caught you in it! And I don't really understand how a badge of all things gives your Pokemon respect. Can't just quality time and bonding be enough? But nuuuuu....;~; Sorry, I may have been ranting...

Kolkolkolkolkol...
    Jesus loved us and he even died for our sake. Always remember that God loves you no matter who you are.†
    Proud fan of Umineko no Naku Koro ni and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Spoiler:- Credit:

I hate when my pokemon gets Confused and hurts itself about 4 times in a row. Making me use a full restore... when the other pokemon should have fainted from one hit. -__-

Gen I pet peeve... When you made it to the Pokémon center for your poisoned Pokémon and the step right before the counter you get this message "your Pokémon has fainted" I thank Nintendo for taking that out of the game

Zubats and supersonic. That alone should explain itself. But another one is when trainers use protect or detect. It does absolutely nothing but prolong the battle.
    Soul Silver Badge Quest
    #1: #2: #3: Current hunt (RE in Route 36):

Ruby Badge Quest
    #1: #2:

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet800 View Post
    I hate when my pokemon gets Confused and hurts itself about 4 times in a row. Making me use a full restore... when the other pokemon should have fainted from one hit. -__-
    This. Fantina's Mismagius took me at least an hour to beat because she liked to spam Confuse Ray...>,<

Another thing: wild Pokemon that spam Attract, specifically Audino. Those darn Audinos just love using Secret Power, putting my Pokemon to sleep, and then, when I wake up, use Attract so I can't hit them (or vise versa).

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast