Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon related pet peeves?

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    ANYTIME a person misspells a Pokémon (or any word, for that matter) really bugs me. "Ghastly", "Klingklang", and most attempts at spelling Gyarados especially.
    "Ninetails" springs to mind.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

My most recent pet peeve is fighting a Pokemon with Sturdy.
    Other peeves include a wild Zubat (I love Crobat though), and fighting a Fisherman with 6 Magikarps.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Whenever someone takes something too literally about Pokemon, or assumes the developers can't comprehend the concept of a joke. It stands to reason that if the developers have to make another few hundred new Pokedex entries each game they'd at least want to have fun with some of them.

I also don't like it when people assume necessary limits to be what the world is supposed to be interpreted as. You see this with Legendaries being unable to breed, with the ONLY reason being that you're only supposed to be able to catch one per game, not meaning they are immortal/reproduce via mitosis.

And really, I just get bugged by fan stupidity in general.

No, another peeve is seeing Zubat everywhere! You can't last even three encounters with that batface in the way! It's that fast to outspeed some of my Pokemon when they are in the same level! Even Tentacool and other Water Pokemon in Hoenn and other regions!

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Pokemon with Sturdy like Wulava mentioned. Thankfully Mold Breaker exists to bypass the ability. Also the level grinding in the Johto Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    My most recent pet peeve is fighting a Pokemon with Sturdy.
    Other peeves include a wild Zubat (I love Crobat though), and fighting a Fisherman with 6 Magikarps.
    This. The Magikarp trainers are awful. They don't even have to have 6 of them to annoy me. As long as their team is pure Magikarp, it annoys me to fight them. For EV's, sure, they're great, but for playthroughs, they're just an awful waste of time for poor Exp., and the worst offender is Fisherman Mick in BW's Route 13, carrying a team of 6 lv. 60 Magikarps. Lv. 60! Why?!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Full Heal and Full Restore not getting rid of infatuation and being cursed. Aren't they supposed to heal all status ailments?

The fact that you need a Heart Scale or mushrooms to remember moves. I think it should be like the Move Deleter where you just ask them and they delete it for you, no "payment" needed.

I hate wild pokemon w/ sturdy too. Also wild pokemon that successsfully use detect, protect and endure when I wanna finish them off in one blow.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    I hate wild pokemon w/ sturdy too. Also wild pokemon that successsfully use detect, protect and endure when I wanna finish them off in one blow.
    That's really irritating. Stupid boldore has sturdy and tranquil has detect.

My biggest pet peeve is fakeout. Because of that move I grimace every time an enemy sends out a Purrloin.
    About Me:

- Favorite type: Grass (Sorry bug )

- Other favorite types: Bug, Ghost and Fighting
    -#1 Favorite Pokemon: Guess... ()

- Other Favorites (In no particular order): Greninja, Sceptile, Talonflame, Ferrothorn, Gardevoir, Liligant, Dusknoir, Roserade, Toxicroak, Ninjask, Mismagius, Scolipede, Aegislash, Heracross, Ampharos, Trevenant, Luxray, Forretress, Altaria, Accelgor, Smeargle, Exeggutor, Gliscore, and Breloom

--------------

THIS is how it's done: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-67308425

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-67301740

Smeargle OP must ban

Quote Originally Posted by Red Moon View Post
    Full Heal and Full Restore not getting rid of infatuation and being cursed. Aren't they supposed to heal all status ailments?

The fact that you need a Heart Scale or mushrooms to remember moves. I think it should be like the Move Deleter where you just ask them and they delete it for you, no "payment" needed.
    These too, I wonder why there aren't berries for stuff like that.. *Gets hit with, 'they can't make berries for every status' comments*
    And I hate the heart scale thing, it's annoying.
    You just saw Bubble Beam's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Beam View Post
    These too, I wonder why there aren't berries for stuff like that.. *Gets hit with, 'they can't make berries for every status' comments*
    And I hate the heart scale thing, it's annoying.
    There is actually a berry for curing infatuation called the "Eggant Berry". It was an exclusive e-Reader berry for RS. If transferred to Gen IV, it becomes an Enigma berry though.

No cure for curse though.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Here is something that confuses me

This is Chandelure's pokedex entry from Pokemon Black

It absorbs a spirit, which it then burns. By waving the flames on its arms, it puts its foes into a hypnotic trance.

According to research Chandelure CAN'T learn Hypnosis, so that is another reason the pokedex is wrong. It tips me off, because Chandelure which is my favourite pokemon can't learn a move that would greatly benefit it's use in catching legendaries and battling since it has insanely high special attack. Did I not mention Chandelure can learn Dream Eater but not any Sleep inducing move

Just cause Chandelure can't learn Hypnosis doesn't mean it can't hypnotise.

By that logic, a Luxray can't eat if it doesn't have Bite or Crunch.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

When the Elite Four/Champion have like 4-5 restores and use them on the same pokemon...

Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:

Jimmy

5070 6163 8015

Some pokemon do not begin with damage dealing attacks. They cannot battle or train, without an HM or TM, if they cannot decrease the HP of the opponent. Why does Splash even exist?

Cubone for example had Bone Club and Growl as its beginning attacks in Red/Blue, but Since Gold/Silver, it now only begins with Growl, leans Tail Whip next, then Bone Club. Other examples are:

Jigglypuff - Sing
    Magikarp - Splash
    Spoink - Splash
    Togepi - Growl, Charm
    Abra - Teleport

I am a fan of Genesect (as you could probably guess from my avatar), seeing how he's the "evil legend" of this generation.

His signature move, Techno Blast, is not liked. Why? Low PP, a complete inability to have STAB, low Base Power and the overall feeling of being a watered-down Judgment. Those different types are all inferior compared to Flamethrower, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt (and to a lesser extent Tri Attack). The only type worth using is the Water one, seeing how it's his only Water move, and even then, he could be able to use Hidden Power! And if you're playing Black (2), you can't get the Douse Drive!

Game Freak needs to give Techno Blast a serious buff. Maybe something like 200 power to justify no special effects and low PP.

(And while you're at it, give Flareon and Entei Flare Blitz and Extremespeed! Arcanine shouldn't one-up a legendary so easily!)
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by iraqmaster View Post
    When the Elite Four/Champion have like 4-5 restores and use them on the same pokemon...
    Gosh, it makes it that much easier when thy use it on the Pokemon weak against your team.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

Quote Originally Posted by iraqmaster View Post
    well you have like 30
    Steel is the type of science

Got reminded of one now - Mewtwo's off-model animé appearance.

In the games, he stands normally, like this:

Spr_1g_150.png

But for some reason, in the animé he stands like he's wearing invisible heels. He apparantly has larger hips and a smaller head too.

It irks me that Mewtwo's probably famous because of the first move, and as such fan art has him with this off-model look.

And that's not even getting into his different backstory...

What really messes with me when I play 1st gen games. I have a Mew I obtained from exploiting a glitch in the game. Mews Pokedex entry is saying Mew has been seen in South America. I read that recently out of boredom and was like I should go to South America. But anyway gotta,loove the repitition in the Pokedex entrys after Gen3.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

I hate critical hits
    Steel is the type of science

Zubats and supersonic. Run into a million of them in a cave, and my Pokemon leave damaged badly with wounds obtained from THEMSELVES!!!!
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!

PROUD OWNER OF THE SECOND LEGIT SHINY RESHIRAM from the Mirage Spots in OR/AS. 11/26/14 on Japanese Omega Ruby. If anyone doesn't believe me or would just like to see it, it would be happy to battle you. PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by giratina519 View Post
    Zubats and supersonic. Run into a million of them in a cave, and my Pokemon leave damaged badly with wounds obtained from THEMSELVES!!!!
    Thank you! OMG!

Or when you're hit by a Poison move like Sludge, you always get poisoned!

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Not being able to buy repels before the first cave in GSC. It aggravates me to no end when I have to be confused by a stupid zubat every 5 steps!
    And, talking about that, confusion and infatuation are extremely annoying too. Your enemy never hits himself, so why my pokémon gotta kill themselves with it every time? At least for me, infatuation is the lesser threat, because it doesn't make your pokémon kill themselves. I hate those Zubats and their confusion...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast